• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Which is ironic; Reach is arguably the Halo game that could benefit the most from a move off its original hardware.

343 and Microsoft treat Halo Reach soo bad, they had little respect for it when they first got it and even now its XBO emulated release is still prone to crashing and bugging out and frame rate drops. hell its worse then the MCC on some plays, at least I can get the MCC to boot to the menu!

Funny considering Reach was the base for Halo 4 they'd have alittle more respect for the game that started 343's launch into Halo.

Why not just put Reach on PC is my question? let us fans have fun with it while 343 can wash their hands of it once and for all. I just hate seeing it die with the 360 and seeing that emulated mess on the One.

343 and Microsoft treat Halo Reach soo bad, they had little respect for it when they first got it and even now its XBO emulated release is still prone to crashing and bugging out and frame rate drops. hell its worse then the MCC on some plays, at least I can get the MCC to boot to the menu!

Funny considering Reach was the base for Halo 4 they'd have alittle more respect for the game that started 343's launch into Halo.

Why not just put Reach on PC is my question? let us fans have fun with it while 343 can wash their hands of it once and for all. I just hate seeing it die with the 360 and seeing that emulated mess on the One.

If we never get Halo Master The Master Chief Collection on PC then my dream is that we should at least get the single player campaigns of every Halo on Windows 10 PCs
with Halo Wars 1 on the way to PC gives me hope of the ports

The Flash

Banned
Why Halo Reach is Zeus-tier
  1. Great campaign
  2. Customizable campaign character
  3. Improved Firefight
  4. Great armor designs
  5. Armor effects
  6. Great Covenant designs
  7. Invasion
  8. Elite Slayer
  9. Needle rifle
  10. Focus rifle
  11. Plasma launcher
  12. DMR
  13. Pro pipe
  14. Revenant
  15. Sabre
  16. Jorge
  17. Emile's helmet
  18. Kat's butt
  19. Forge World
  20. Countdown
  21. Sword Base
  22. Paradiso
  23. Noble Map Pack
  24. Carnàge Carnivàle ViDoc

I got one in Rift Ball today. (Testing out the new capture card and SSD scratch disk)

I'm not sure how it is calculating it. I killed 3 different players for an Overkill and there were people alive at the end. I figured it would be one thing if it was being awarded for killing each player on the enemy team in an Overkill, but this just seems like "Kill 4 people in an Overkill on these random modes."

I'm confused. I got a Killtastrophe in Riftball and no Exterm.

Guess I'll throw one in for consideration as well:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/MyExWlFE/video/20964240

Akai__

I got one in Rift Ball today. (Testing out the new capture card and SSD scratch disk)

I'm not sure how it is calculating it. I killed 3 different players for an Overkill and there were people alive at the end. I figured it would be one thing if it was being awarded for killing each player on the enemy team in an Overkill, but this just seems like "Kill 4 people in an Overkill on these random modes."

I'm confused. I got a Killtastrophe in Riftball and no Exterm.

Guess I'll throw one in for consideration as well:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/MyExWlFE/video/20964240

343i doesn't care. Game has a few tiny issues that probably won't be fixed ever. Just like the useless damage stat.

Guess they didn't make enough money with the Halo 5 EG skins.

No, but seriously... That kinda sucks. Not only for Halo, but every game they had a team in.

So are the exterm requirements just get an overkill or greater and kill every team member at least once or something? So odd.

Maybe for the extermination the last player you killed still has to be dead by the time you kill the next one? That's the only thing I can think of.

I want my armor effects back. Tashi please!

those armor effects were cool I just wish they weren't so expensive for one of them. would of been better if they were locked behind certain achievements or commendations. think i manged to buy one before i gave up grinding for them and just bought expensive ass wrist accessories.

Reach was zeus tier?
you mean that game with armour lock and other shitty abilities?
that game where multi was full of crap forge maps?

we talking about the same game here or what?

Reach, like Halo 3, are good when they're not the newest/main Halo we have to play due to population. Dipping into those games every so often feels fine because we have Halo 5 for when you can't take any more Armor Locks or 2 minute BR battles from 10 ft away.

Which is ironic; Reach is arguably the Halo game that could benefit the most from a move off its original hardware.

Bump up the texture resolution, throw in some anisotropic filtering, increase the draw distance, reduce the motion blur's attempts to muck up every single scene in the game, apply a modern form of temporal anti-aliasing (with a bit of sharpening to smooth it out), and increase the resolution and framerate, and Reach will perform admirably on Xbox One
and PC wink wink nudge nudge

I want my armor effects back. Tashi please!

When I booted up Reach on BC, I was happy to download my Legendary Edition red flame. I don't want 'em to come back, but I did enjoy the novelty of giving myself a handicap and still managing to finish off my Reach career with a 1.5KD.

Reach, like Halo 3, are good when they're not the newest/main Halo we have to play due to population. Dipping into those games every so often feels fine because we have Halo 5 for when you can't take any more Armor Locks or 2 minute BR battles from 10 ft away.

If
(when)
we get Halo 3 Anniversary, I hope the first thing 343i announces is an increased field of view from 55 to 70 or 80. Going from Halo 3 to Halo 3: ODST is night-and-day (or day-and-night, heh), FOV wise. ODST bumped the field of view all the way up to 80, and it's so much better for it.

When I booted up Reach on BC, I was happy to download my Legendary Edition red flame. I don't want 'em to come back, but I did enjoy the novelty of giving myself a handicap and still managing to finish off my Reach career with a 1.5KD.

Having everyone running around with Grunt Birthday Party was the best
or worst
thing about Reach.

HTupolev

If
(when)
we get Halo 3 Anniversary, I hope the first thing 343i announces is an increased field of view from 55 to 70 or 80. Going from Halo 3 to Halo 3: ODST is night-and-day (or day-and-night, heh), FOV wise. ODST bumped the field of view all the way up to 80, and it's so much better for it.
Halo 3's FoV already is 70 for 16:9 mode. It's 55 if you're playing in 4:3.

ODST's FoV basically works like Halo 1's, which works out to 70 if 4:3 and 86 if 16:9.

Cranster

Banned
If a Halo 3 anniversary does happen I hope they get Michael Wincott to reprise his role as Prophet of Truth. I can't stand Terrance Stamp's voice in it.

If a Halo 3 anniversary does happen I hope they get Michael Wincott to reprise his role as Prophet of Truth. I can't stand Terrance Stamp's voice in it.

They just reused all the old audio from Halo CE and Halo 2 for those re-releases. That's why Julie Benz is Miranda Keyes in H2A, not Justis Bolding.

FyreWulff

I preferred Wincott's voice, it was just perfect for the character, but they'd have to convince him in the first place..

it was like the most perfect smug asshole voice I've ever heard.

Reach-

Amazing marketing
Amazing graphics for the time
Amazing score
Amazing campaign even though we knew the ending before hand
Clunky movement but it was new and couldn't really complain

Then I started to play mp...
It was okay at first
Then the rocket jet packs and armour lock took over... this was the least amount of mp I've ever played within halo.

Tank World is amazing. Lots of skill and strategy involved. Last night I won a 2v4 because the other team wasn't as coordinated as my friend and I were.

Ya need to plan out attacks and gain advantages in sight lines. When you go up hills or peak over certain areas, it's beneficial to drive backwards so you can be at a better angle to shoot quickly. Then there's leading shots and baiting enemies to shoot ahead as you change directions.

Great gametype.

I will build a great tank - and nobody builds tanks better than me, believe me - and I'll build it very inexpensively. I will build a great, great tank on our southern border, and I will make ATOMICJORGE pay for that tank. Mark my words.

Tank World is amazing. Lots of skill and strategy involved. Last night I won a 2v4 because the other team wasn't as coordinated as my friend and I were.

Ya need to plan out attacks and gain advantages in sight lines. When you go up hills or peak over certain areas, it's beneficial to drive backwards so you can be at a better angle to shoot quickly. Then there's leading shots and baiting enemies to shoot ahead as you change directions.

Great gametype.

I'd rather play Minotaurs. That's how much I don't like TW!

Sorry, when I think of Action Sack. I think of fun modes that are over quickly. Tank World is the complete opposite of that. The Scorpions control like ass, people don’t always get their own Scorpion which leads to a 3v4, and people always quit when the mode comes up. You know why they quit? Because the mode is garbage and isn’t fun.

Karl2177

I think vehicles need to good in order for me to like the modes that feature them. Tank World has the potential to be good if the downwards aiming was tied to the vehicles pitch rather than the world's pitch and if the controls weren't butt.

Sorry, when I think of Action Sack. I think of fun modes that are over quickly. Tank World is the complete opposite of that. The Scorpions control like ass, people don’t always get their own Scorpion which leads to a 3v4, and people always quit when the mode comes up. You know why they quit? Because the mode is garbage and isn’t fun.
Here's some CHAMPION gameplay for you. You're the main reason I uploaded this, despite it probably not being that interesting to watch lol. Pliss excuse the random Madden commentary and my H Y P E screams after that 1v3 ;b

Tank World is awesome and provides something completely different than the ordinary gametypes you find in matchmaking, which is what I want from an Action Sack playlist.

Top Bottom