• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Ataxia

How is firefight?

I've not played the game since... last year actually. But can you still find matches? I'm Australian so I dunno if that changes it any. Thinking about returning

How is firefight?

I've not played the game since... last year actually. But can you still find matches? I'm Australian so I dunno if that changes it any. Thinking about returning

I don't think there are too many Australians playing, I choose the 'expanded' setting to search for games and just play on the overseas servers.
Very playable (100/40 NBN) but I'm obviously at a disadvantage.

Firefight is pretty good, try it before returning.

Trup1aya

Is it weird that I love the Minotaur gametype, but hate playing it?

It nearly gives me a heart attack when I narrowly escape death.

How is firefight?

I don't think there are too many Australians playing, I choose the 'expanded' setting to search for games and just play on the overseas servers.
Very playable (100/40 NBN) but I'm obviously at a disadvantage.

Firefight is pretty good, try it before returning.

Shouldn't be that bad for you Aussies, I can find games in Team Arena, Slayer, Weekly Social, Firefight and Warzone very quickly in China.

Glass

Has anyone usurped Elzar yet?

Wondering who to message to ask for a re-invite to the company, time to get my grind back on.

jem0208

Minotaurs is really, really cool.

This game has some serious fucking issues in matchmaking. I just got matched against a team of 4, 3 of which were champions in slayer.

Some feedback on Action Sack:

Mongoose Sumo
This is fine; leave it the way it is.

Tank World
This is the one that probably needs the biggest overhaul. Let players choose between Scorpion, Wraith, and Mantis. This will give it a rock paper scissors balance. Scorpion beats Mantis, Wraith beats Scorpion, and Mantis beats Wraith. Get rid of the elimination based system. Maybe make it a FFA. But that might be too much.

Paintball Junkies
Get rid of melee damage. You don’t go around punching people in paintball.

Mantis Breakout
This is fine; leave it the way it is.

Rift Ball
Also fine.

Husky Raid
Fine.

Minotaurs
Decrease time from 3:00 to 2:30.

Ground Pound Arena
Increase score to win from 20 to 25.

If you walk up to someone in paintball and touch them they're out.

Also why can we snipe people in ground pound arena??

That is true.

The Beam Rifle in Ground Pound Arena is kind of annoying though. A lot of times people don't even GP they just hide behind the blocks and try to snipe all game.

Esque7

So, what's the best way to finish the mongoose destroyer commendation? At this rate I'll finish it the day the servers go offline.

My Halo loot crate came in. Pretty happy with what comes inside. The hoodie is nice and fits well and you can't not be happy with a mister chief plushy. Also, I recommend saving the REQ pack it comes with until the next update goes live if you have finished your gold packs because it comes with 3 permanent unlocks.

Cranster

Banned
It may be a bit controversial, but after playing alot of MCC lately you know what the upside of no splitscreen is? Not having to deal with garbage guests on your team holding you back from winning.

They gotta fix the ground pound arena thing with the beam rifle cause last game was all top 4 people with nothing but beam rifle kills. Either make it to where it forces people to use the lifts or don't count beam rifle kills. Still don't get why people would just snipe in that mode when it's not much harder to just ground pound everybody and you know have fun.

They gotta fix the ground pound arena thing with the beam rifle cause last game was all top 4 people with nothing but beam rifle kills. Either make it to where it forces people to use the lifts or don't count beam rifle kills. Still don't get why people would just snipe in that mode when it's not much harder to just ground pound everybody and you know have fun.
The default game type should switch the starting weapon to a plasma pistol, or even a pistol with a half mag of ammo like in minatours

Fuchsdh

Anyone have a 4K monitor? Thinking about getting one, though I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Had a Dell P2415Q for a while now. It's pretty solid for gaming, I mostly use it for design and video work though. I don't care about >60Hz gaming so I honestly wouldn't buy a sub-4K monitor at this point.

The Flash

Banned
Did anyone else know that the Plasma Launcher is already in H5 so to speak?

H5G_-_Spartan_with_Plasma_Launcher.png

When Warzone Firefight was made available in Halo 5: Guardians, the plasma launcher was included in this mode and it can be used by the player. However, the shots are not fully rendered and there is not a first-person view of the weapon. Other players can see the player holding the weapon, though.

Sai

I tried playing a level from Reach's Campaign on the 360 yesterday.

Oof...

When I tested it out on the Xbox One a while back, I thought it was the horrendous BC performance that made it so difficult, but it was a struggle for me on the 360 too. Playing so much of Halo 5 at 60fps has Reach looking almost gross to me now. Never thought I'd be one of those guys. :(

Will now be lobbying for a Reach remaster.

Cranster

Banned

Oof...

When I tested it out on the Xbox One a while back, I thought it was the horrendous BC performance that made it so difficult, but it was a struggle for me on the 360 too. Playing so much of Halo 5 at 60fps has Reach looking almost gross to me now. Never thought I'd be one of those guys. :(

Halo: Reach will be the only Halo game not to have a current gen version since Halo Wars: The Definitive Edition comes out with the HW2 Collectors Edition.

Had a Dell P2415Q for a while now. It's pretty solid for gaming, I mostly use it for design and video work though. I don't care about >60Hz gaming so I honestly wouldn't buy a sub-4K monitor at this point.

Yeah I'm probably going to get this. While I have 980ti, I mostly play older games, so it should do 4K 60FPS on a lot of stuff. I feel like it'll be worth it for Halo 5 customs alone. My current monitor oly has 1 HDMI as well, switching channels will be better than unplugging my 1 HDMI.

HTupolev

Oof...

60->30 transition gets way easier after a few times. Stick with it.

Although, there are definitely spots in Reach that will never feel smooth. Clunky even when we were all used to 30.

Halo: Reach will be the only Halo game not to have a current gen version since Halo Wars: The Definitive Edition comes out with the HW2 Collectors Edition.
Which is ironic; Reach is arguably the Halo game that could benefit the most from a move off its original hardware.

Which is ironic; Reach is arguably the Halo game that could benefit the most from a move off its original hardware.

Even after MCC I would still pay at least $30 for a Remastered 60FPS Reach on Xbone (Or just a PC port). Reach is still my favorite Halo game.

Anyway, tbh I think I'm really only gonna play Windows 10 H5MP, I really don't have that much fun with Warzone or Firefight anymore. And I really disliked the Campaign (Moreso than 4)
Playing the odd Arena game every now and then (and having the game look better as a bonus) seems like what I'll stick to for now.

Been almost a month I think since I've played Halo 5. Having Monsoons here sucks. Makes it difficult to play whenever I'm home. Rains so hard it knocks out the power and effects connection quality. But I'm happy to see the update coming soon and getting those new noble team variants.

I’m not even going to bother with Window’s Forge. My computer exceeds the requirements, however I’m not that into customs only and I also have data caps, so I really don’t want to waste data downloading something I already have. If it was the full multiplayer experience, yeah I’d download it. Better graphics with kb/m controls and I would never turn on my XBO again. However, I’m glad it’s coming to Windows; I can’t wait to see what forgers can do with it and it also might get more people interested in Halo 5.

Sai

I love how this game throws me into a Firefight match in progress, already on the verge of losing, almost each and every single time I use an AI Gambit boost. XD

And I don't know if it's just on my end, but the only way these boosts will work is by applying them before you connect to the server. Even if you take it off as the game is loading, it will still be applied.

[EDIT] - Three times in a row, I've been thrown into matches that are just about to end. I hope 343i adjusts JiP for Firefight in a future CU to stop this.

60->30 transition gets way easier after a few times. Stick with it.

Although, there are definitely spots in Reach that will never feel smooth. Clunky even when we were all used to 30.
I'll try. I still love Reach's Campaign.

Yep, last night I was put into a tank world game which was in the last round, so I didn't even get to spawn in... Seconds later my team lost.

Karl2177

Here's my Extermination from the Husky Raid mode: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/AkaiGAF/video/20951565

Seems like they changed the way you obtain it, because the 5th player was already alive when I got the Extermination. Don't like the change. At least it works now. lol

I got one in Rift Ball today. (Testing out the new capture card and SSD scratch disk)

I'm not sure how it is calculating it. I killed 3 different players for an Overkill and there were people alive at the end. I figured it would be one thing if it was being awarded for killing each player on the enemy team in an Overkill, but this just seems like "Kill 4 people in an Overkill on these random modes."

I got one in Rift Ball today. (Testing out the new capture card and SSD scratch disk)

I'm not sure how it is calculating it. I killed 3 different players for an Overkill and there were people alive at the end. I figured it would be one thing if it was being awarded for killing each player on the enemy team in an Overkill, but this just seems like "Kill 4 people in an Overkill on these random modes."

I'm confused. I got a Killtastrophe in Riftball and no Exterm.

I love how this game throws me into a Firefight match in progress, already on the verge of losing, almost each and every single time I use an AI Gambit boost. XD

And I don't know if it's just on my end, but the only way these boosts will work is by applying them before you connect to the server. Even if you take it off as the game is loading, it will still be applied.

[EDIT] - Three times in a row, I've been thrown into matches that are just about to end. I hope 343i adjusts JiP for Firefight in a future CU to stop this.

I'll try. I still love Reach's Campaign.
Fortunately, they changed boosts such that the requirements must be met for the boost to be consumed. So if you use an AI gambit and don't break the top 50% in AI kills, your boost won't be consumed.

Top Bottom