• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Just spent 3 hours grinding Last Shot medals in SWAT to help my company towards Achilles armor... only 4 commendations left at level 3 now.

Now we only need:

• ~2000 Headshot Kills (this will probably be finished by tomorrow night, we have a lot of active players)
  • ~300 Spartan Charge Kills (I'm gonna grind Grifball either tomorrow or Sunday to finish this one off)
  • ~2700 Ground Vehicle Kills (anyone got tips for completing this commendation?)
  • ~4200 Grenade Kills (..any tips? recommended playlists for this?)

My goal is for the company to finish these before September 7th. I think we can pull it off, there are usually 10-25 players online at any given time.

I don't think the kills with the Beam Rifle should count for your score in GPA. It seems like most of the people that win just get kills with the Beam Rifle. Also increase the score to win, it goes by too fast!

Immortal, Extinction, and a Superfecta. ayy lmao

The Flash

Banned
anvils-legacy_infographic_v2-1120-cfc17c8b24bf4f289aeda0139f07c8f5.jpg

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/anvil-s-legacy-preview

What is the point of putting a scope on an smg...

Weapons skins look good and so does that visor. Armor skins are whatever. Tactical Mag is also sexy!

Oh, the Tact Mag is different from the Gunfighter Mag:

Gunfighter

Lightweight competition pistol carried by Spartan operators who prefer a no-frills backup firearm. Quick draw Magnum with fast-reload magazines. Iron sights only, no Smart-Link module is attached.

Tact

Whisper-quiet tactical pistol loaded with armor-piercing rounds, tailored for Spartan force reconnaissance missions. Match grade Magnum with integral baffle-free suppressor and 2x full-VISR Smart-Link.

Magwik

Banned
Forge for PC is starting to sound more and more like a free entry to get people in and hold them off until a final port is complete. That's way many features and support to not bring the rest of the game over.

Akai__

Did they semi-fix the Extermination medal? Because I was just rewarded one in Riftball... It doesn't show in the Post Game Lobby, but it was announced in the game (the medal itself was not shown) and it shows on Waypoint. Had to double check, because I thought I was going crazy again. It also doesn't show in the Theater.

Can't say that I like any of the REQ stuff, except for the 2 Pistols. Meh...

Forge for PC is starting to sound more and more like a free entry to get people in and hold them off until a final port is complete. That's way many features and support to not bring the rest of the game over.

They might, they said that Halo Wars 2 will be the first Halo to be on both PC and XBO. However, HW 2 comes out the first quarter of 2017. So what I’m thinking is maybe for the fourth quarter they are going to do a major expansion for Halo 5 and also port the rest of it to PC. Just a theory I have! Right now they are gauging peoples’ interests and see if it would be worth it.

However, I'm probably wrong and they are just working on Halo 6 for both PC and XBO or Scorpio whatever the fuck it is.

Akai__

They might, they said that Halo Wars 2 will be the first Halo to be on both PC and XBO. However, HW 2 comes out the first quarter of 2017. So what I’m thinking is maybe for the fourth quarter they are going to do a major expansion for Halo 5 and also port the rest of it to PC. Just a theory I have! Right now they are gauging peoples’ interests and see if it would be worth it.

However, I'm probably wrong and they are just working on Halo 6 for both PC and XBO or Scorpio whatever the fuck it is.

Gaming Side is convinced that they are working on a MCC for PC, which includes Halo 5 and even H3A. Why people get their hopes up like this all the time is beyond me. Especially after it has been said that they "won't look back on games".

Gaming Side is convinced that they are working on a MCC for PC, which includes Halo 5 and even H3A. Why people get their hopes up like this all the time is beyond me. Especially after it has been said that they "won't look back on games".

MCC is fucking dead. I gave up on that a while ago. It has been almost been two years. Shit isn't getting ported or updated anymore, people just need to let it go.

tumblr_oa9d26cgrr1tpafe6o1_500.gif

Akai__

And 2nd Extermination in Halo 5. Once again only showing on Halo Waypoint, while being announced in the game.

MCC is fucking dead. I gave up on that a while ago. It has been almost been two years. Shit isn't getting ported or updated anymore, people just need to let it go.

Yup.

Trup1aya

Good old gaming side: where they hate 343 halo, or think it's irrelevant, but continuously beg for ports.

Akai__

3rd Exterm. Now in Husky Raid. Husky Raid sucks by the way.

Also, this 343i map variety... 3 times Rift Ball and 1 Husky Raid so far...

Good old gaming side: where they hate 343 halo, or think it's irrelevant, but continuously beg for ports.

Yeah, it's tiresome sometimes.

The name of the skin is actually a call back to the first movie. You can tell the influences Tron has had on the newer games. Gives me hope they'll make a 3rd movie one day :'(
I was devastated when the third one was canceled.. Although recently I believe there was some hope added to the possibility of it happening, IIRC.
The thread I created was rather productive for the most part, aside from the few "Hire Bungie" posts lol.
Mantis Infection is so fucking boring. I mean just look at this intense clip I have!
Pfft, that's not strong evidence. I find it to be pretty fun!

Tons of ohshitohshitohshitohshit moments as you're trying to evade the Mantiseseses.

Fuchsdh

They know that with how much of a duct-taped mess MCC is, there's no way it wouldn't be a pain to get functional on PC.

If you could send the ghost of Spencer back in time to tell them to delay MCC or have it only initially release with H2A and add the rest of the games over time, we mighta' had a chance. But the amount of effort to take it from playable and generally works to polished release is clearly way more than MS is willing to invest.

I haven't really followed the REQ weapons in Forge thing too closely, but have all REQs been added to Forge, or is it still just a selection of them?

Only if it's called Purgatorio

No, so far it was originally just when they added Guns that were from past Halos, like the halo 1 magnum, gravity hammer, plasma rifle, Halo 2 BR ect. In the Firefight update for forge they finally added actual regular reqs but still not all of them. Plenty of Mythics, Legendarys and still some Rares are not available yet.

No, so far it was originally just when they added Guns that were from past Halos, like the halo 1 magnum, gravity hammer, plasma rifle, Halo 2 BR ect. In the Firefight update for forge they finally added actual regular reqs but still not all of them. Plenty of Mythics, Legendarys and still some Rares are not available yet.

bleh, that sucks. chances are the new ones probably won't be added either

Way to get carried blue team. Minecraft Steve would be jealous of my backpack from this game.

Screenshot-Original%201.png

The one boss I killed was Deacon Pipap for the win.

Cranster

Banned

tumblr_oa9d26cgrr1tpafe6o1_500.gif
Yet MCC is still promoted by Microsoft and included with the Xbox One Slim. They obviously don't mind taking everyone's money for the game collection so they should be supporting it with patches.

I've been playing MCC alot lately and surprisingly it is consistently quick when it comes to finding matches. The only problem I've been having consistently is that it's not uncommon to see a player or to AFK for a bit.

Yet MCC is still promoted by Microsoft and included with the Xbox One Slim. They obviously don't mind taking everyone's money for the game collection so they should be supporting it with patches.

I've been playing MCC alot lately and surprisingly it is consistently quick when it comes to finding matches. The only problem I've been having consistently is that it's not uncommon to see a player or to AFK for a bit.

Haven't they been selling it for like seven bucks?

Also I don't see how they're taking people's money for the collection when the Xbox One Slim with the MCC has no added cost to it compared to the one with no games at all.

Also that same Xbox One Slim comes with Halo 5.

Cranster

Banned
Haven't they been selling it for like seven bucks?
Nope, $29.99

Also I don't see how they're taking people's money for the collection when the Xbox One Slim with the MCC has no added cost to it compared to the one with no games at all.
It's still being actively promoted eitherway so buyers expectations would be that it's a fully working product, but it isn't.

Also that same Xbox One Slim comes with Halo 5.
And?! It doesn't excuse the MCC from still having issues.

Top Bottom