• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

blamite

Maybe, but I don't think they get that the enemy can actually capture the base.
I think they get it, it's just that standing inside a cramped room filled with Knights, which will soon spawn more Knights right behind you, is not a very effective way to continue living.

If I was going to fix that round, I'd get rid of one, if not both Phaetons, not have enemies spawn inside the garage except crawlers and watchers (and maaaaaybe low-level soldiers) and have the majority of enemies spawn outside the base and charge inside. Knights are just too bullet spongey to have them endlessly respawn img right on top of you.

Vico

Yeah. I've had quite a few that didn't count in the past.

Ok, so I'm not crazy, at least.

I was going to say that this is particularly irritating since this is the longest kill commendation to get, but just right now it counted the two I just got. I don't know what's causing this, sometimes they're added, sometimes not.

IHaveIce

Banned
LMAO called it a Hannibal Scorpion for the fifth round where we had to kill covie bosses and mythic hunter bosses... I wrecked through them with my gunner, I want to test this beast against wardens

Available for a limited time, each pack includes ten Mythic single-use power weapon REQs and one Ultra Rare or Legendary weapon or vehicle certification, if available. For use in all Warzone modes, including Warzone Firefight, this pack will ensure you enter battle with the most powerful gear available.

*Limited number of Permanent, including customization, REQs available; if all have been unlocked, additional Single Use REQs will be included. Only customizations and boosts may be used in Arena mode. Broadband internet required (ISP fees apply); Halo 5: Guardians game and Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately) required.

Whilst I agree that more challenge would be good, I think you're all forgetting the space for 'casual' people to chill and shoot the shit as they shoot shit. It works really well for that at the moment.

Hmm. Fair.

How about this: 2 different WFF playlists. The first is basically the current setup, but with greater objective variety and a (generous) respawn limit. Maybe reset the respawns each round.

The second is a monster. WFF Hardcore. Closer to 25 rounds, increasing difficulty as they go. Tops off with a massive hectic defense. Respawns do not reset between rounds. Rather than changing objectives each game, each map has a fixed order, and maps rotate once a week. Completing this earns you a REQ pack with a unique emblem (maybe one per map?) and some other goodies. This should be something only the best teams should be capable of completing. Halo's raid.

That can't be true, can it?

I think it's more that we're only guaranteed one more map. At least, I think that's how it was phrased.

BraXzy

Available for a limited time, each pack includes ten Mythic single-use power weapon REQs and one Ultra Rare or Legendary weapon or vehicle certification, if available. For use in all Warzone modes, including Warzone Firefight, this pack will ensure you enter battle with the most powerful gear available.

so 1 cert for a weapon or vehicle and 9 one time use cards.

Wowza that ain't a great deal, I thought it was unlocking the certifications for the weapons listed.

Computer

HCS Now will be live a 8pm cst. We will discuss the pro league and have a quick chat with Spartan the Dog about the ESPN article and Team liquid. twitch.tv/UGC Hopefully we can end the show before the CLG EG scrim if it happens.

BraXzy

No, first we had Sidewinder, then Avalanche was code named Cottonmouth, this only means that Sidewinder is coming back for Halo 5, praise be Frankie.

But wait.. The snake was in the grass. G is the first letter of the word grass. Guardian also begins with the letter G. It was a map in Halo 3, 3 is the number of times that image was quoted. Guardian remake coming to H5 confirmed?

Hmm. Fair.

How about this: 2 different WFF playlists. The first is basically the current setup, but with greater objective variety and a (generous) respawn limit. Maybe reset the respawns each round.

The second is a monster. WFF Hardcore. Closer to 25 rounds, increasing difficulty as they go. Tops off with a massive hectic defense. Respawns do not reset between rounds. Rather than changing objectives each game, each map has a fixed order, and maps rotate once a week. Completing this earns you a REQ pack with a unique emblem (maybe one per map?) and some other goodies. This should be something only the best teams should be capable of completing. Halo's raid.

Fine by me ;)

BraXzy

G0SU I'm finally starting Quantum Break, let's see if it lives up to the hype I had for it.

I ended up picking the steelbook up off eBay for cheap.. It looks amazing.

BraXzy

Wait, what did you think it was supposed to be? It is unlocking a certification. Still not 80k worth to me tho

Yeah but I thought based on me glancing at the description that it unlocked the Nornfang cert, the Spnkr Prime cert etc. Not just giving single use + 1 cert.

That's right. Time to enjoy a Remedy story rich game. :)

Niceeee. I never finished Alan Wake because I'm a bad person, but I'm excited. Recommended difficulty?

I doubt they'll make a separate, more challeging playlist for Firefight.

If they did, they'd have to reward a lot more REQ points for it. And we know 343 doesn't want that ;).

Fuchsdh

Yeah but I thought based on me glancing at the description that it unlocked the Nornfang cert, the Spnkr Prime cert etc. Not just giving single use + 1 cert.

Niceeee. I never finished Alan Wake because I'm a bad person, but I'm excited. Recommended difficulty?

If you're decent at shooters you can do it on medium difficulty (on easy I died less than five times in total). You have to play through it twice really to get the full experience so I played it on easy the first time and now that I'm more familiar with the encounters and time powers I'm going through on Hard.

Hard. it's not that remotely challenging with our Halo-pro skills.

Alan Wake was good. i liked the use of light as a combat mechanic. luckily i now have it again wit the expantion i never got to play! yay

edit:

Again - We all know there is just going to be a BONUS round in FF :p

However, they need to fix the audio intro for Palmer as she introduces firefight.

Where are my Custom voice Overs Frankie?! M'Shak is just twiddling his thumbs thinking of come-backs for when he meets BlackBox again. sheesh!

343i plz

Mix

If you're decent at shooters you can do it on medium difficulty (on easy I died less than five times in total). You have to play through it twice really to get the full experience so I played it on easy the first time and now that I'm more familiar with the encounters and time powers I'm going through on Hard.

#ILearnedToPlayGamesFromHaloCampaignRuns

Mix

can someone explain what the deal is with the 80k req pack? I want to know if I should be excited and why lol

It's one permanent mythic REQ unlock and then 9 single-use mythic REQs. Definitely not worth it IMO. You can get way more from silvers/golds.

To be clear, it's 9 single use MYTHIC REQs and 1 permanent LEGENDARY or ULTRA-RARE cert if available.

THIS WILL NOT GIVE YOU MYTHIC CERTS

Glass

All the other weekend only 80k packs have been temptingly priced, this is the first one which falls short of the mark imo

Fuchsdh

#ILearnedToPlayGamesFromHaloCampaignRuns

I've never gone back and touched Halo games on Legendary unless it's coop—otherwise once I've done difficulty achievements I usually replay on Normal or Heroic. Much more fun being a badass who never has to stop firing than a guy who has to cover around a corner and chip away at a bunch of enemies. Especially as I've become much less tolerant of difficulty goosing getting in the way of my story.

Especially in Quantum Break, where the fact that you become an unstoppable juggernaut is sort of central to later story payoffs, I'm glad I played it on easy the first go-around.

Mix

All the other weekend only 80k packs have been temptingly priced, this is the first one which falls short of the mark imo

Yeah, I don't know why this one fits into the same categorization as the ones in the past. Maybe giving people too many mythic level REQs would've felt too P2W?

I've never gone back and touched Halo games on Legendary unless it's coop—otherwise once I've done difficulty achievements I usually replay on Normal or Heroic. Much more fun being a badass who never has to stop firing than a guy who has to cover around a corner and chip away at a bunch of enemies. Especially as I've become much less tolerant of difficulty goosing getting in the way of my story.

Especially in Quantum Break, where the fact that you become an unstoppable juggernaut is sort of central to later story payoffs, I'm glad I played it on easy the first go-around.

What about the achievements for things like solo legendary runs? Or do you just let those fall by the wayside?

Welfare

JIP needs to fuck off and die. Why can't I turn it off? Went into Firefight, put on a Mission Victory, JiP to the garage objective, and of course randoms can't hold it so we lose before I can even get out of the tunnels.

Mix

JIP needs to fuck off and die. Why can't I turn it off? Went into Firefight, put on a Mission Victory, JiP to the garage objective, and of course randoms can't hold it so we lose before I can even get out of the tunnels.

I thought there were supposed to be systems in place that kept shit like this from happening? Or is Firefight an exception given that it's in beta stage?

I thought there were supposed to be systems in place that kept shit like this from happening? Or is Firefight an exception given that it's in beta stage?

Its bafflingly ridiculous to have a system where you need to "choose a REQ card" at the beginning of a search only to have you join in a losing cause. Those "win a game" cards, i never use them because of this.

the worst is when you lose connection in a match that youre winning. You lose your pre-game card selection, you now have to win another match to get your daily, and then theres the empty sense of misfortune that no one should have to endure

In Call of Duty Black Ops 3 when you join a game in progress and you loose the match your stats don't count:

Qzs3bNV.jpg

A system like this in Halo 5 with a few tweaks for the boost cards should be great

Fuchsdh

Yeah, I don't know why this one fits into the same categorization as the ones in the past. Maybe giving people too many mythic level REQs would've felt too P2W?

What about the achievements for things like solo legendary runs? Or do you just let those fall by the wayside?

That's included in the "once done with achievements" bit. I'm a completionist, for better or worse (in the case of The Witcher 2's atrocious dark difficulty, for worse.)

ODST is the only Halo game I actually feel like is pretty easy on Legendary, followed by CE, 4, 5, Reach, 3, and 2.

Fuchsdh

You still don't have it?? Someone pliss give this man a Halo 2 BR.

I think Fata or someone else was legitimately dropping theirs in a game so I could try and grab it :p Aside from Mk IV and/or Buck's ODST helmet on the cosmetic side and the extra pistol ammo REQ, it's the only thing I am left wanting from the RNG grind.

In Call of Duty Black Ops 3 when you join a game in progress and you loose the match your stats don't count:

A system like this in Halo 5 with a few tweaks for the boost cards should be great

Titanfall did it too, but it only counted if you joined the team that was losing. I wouldn't mind a system like that.

BraXzy

Hard. it's not that remotely challenging with our Halo-pro skills.

Alan Wake was good. i liked the use of light as a combat mechanic. luckily i now have it again wit the expantion i never got to play! yay

Started out on hard but I might drop it so I'm focusing a bit more on story, we shall see as I get used to it. Start of the game was awesome :O

You still don't have it?? Someone pliss give this man a Halo 2 BR.

Yeah I still don't and I have done everything at this point I bought the 47 Gold REQ packs bundle, several Req packs, the Arena and Warzone bundles plus the coverage of the game on my channel, vudu, magic etc and still 0 H2 BR for me :(

Karl2177

Getting Knight Bannermen at red base, then Wardens at blue base. We didn't even get to the Knight Nobles until 30 seconds had chipped off the clock. I know it's all random, but one improvement could be ensuring that the next objective is no more than 2 "phases" away.

Top Bottom