• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

blog4-c447b772d7554a70abdcc28487419d05.jpg
343 pliss, give Mk. V fans their pouch back ;'[

TJwsoue.png

You can put pouches and grenades on other armor, but not the original, first Halo armor ever? What. The. Shit.

Trup1aya

I agree, it will certainly be noticed lol, but that's not really the argument :b

I hear ya on that, but that's why I think a fair compromise would be sprint/shooting based radar. There's no reason to pop up on the radar just for walking; it gimps movement and slows gameplay to a crawl many times.

You would think this is the case, but how often do we see Silvers, Golds and Platinum players matching against several tiers higher than them? People complain about that very thing daily in this thread. And who wants to play all ranked, all the time? So that's part of the issue too, there's no true "social" experience, even with the supposed looser skill matching. It's not a perfect system, and not all players in a tier are created equal. Just because someone is an Onyx does not mean they know how to use radar to its fullest potential or are trying to play defensive-heavy Halo every game, which is what radar lends itself to.

Defense in Halo 5 is farrrrr too strong, and radar should be first on the chopping block as opposed to adjusting other things like sprint, thrust or kill times. Surviving and running from encounters is way too easy and leads to much frustration. Shoot a player 4 times, they thrust away, and you have to condition yourself to let it go, or you can chase them into a potentially easy trap/counter. It's grating after a while, but our love for Halo is what keeps us coming back.

Every single ability that can be used defensively, can be used offensively. Just as often as you see someone successful evading being killed, you see them run to their death. Sure someone can camp and radar watch, but hit markers make nowhere save to hide.

BraXzy

Wait Braxy Gosu are you playing Quantum Break too? Cool I'm on act 4

Braxxy, G0su, and myself all play QB, and it is magnificent.

Yup yup yup! I wasn't sure how good it was going to be, but boy am I loving it. Playing through on hard, once you have a solid grip on the powers it's not too tricky. The live action segments are way way beyond what I expected.

Nearing Act 4 myself!

OMG I just realized I have 180 silvers to go. The road is long.

Whaaaaaaaa?? Like 180 silver packs? Have you even unlocked anything yet? xD

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/campaign-relief

teams across the studio are hard at work on a variety of updates, including many that come straight from feedback you’ve given us. Modes and playlists like Infection, matchmaking preference options, more Forge goodness, UI updates and post-game medals,

blog4-c447b772d7554a70abdcc28487419d05.jpg

Gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmmie!!!!!

Edit: braxy photoshop mistwr chiefs face on it like u did my avi! >=D

Oooooooooh straight into my veins. That helmet shall be mine.

TrounceX

Any gaffers want to roll Arena tonight? Or I'll play pretty much anything else except breakout.

I was planning to get placed in FFA but I play champions every time and my heart can't take 10 games straight of that. Freakin ranking system.

GT: SoR Avenge

Kalentan

My team in ranked began with 1 person leaving, and the 2 other people were unranked. I'm only Gold 6. The enemy team was 1 unranked, 1 plat 5 and 2 plat 3s...

What the actual fuck?

Nowise10

Any gaffers want to roll Arena tonight? Or I'll play pretty much anything else except breakout.

I was planning to get placed in FFA but I play champions every time and my heart can't take 10 games straight of that. Freakin ranking system.

GT: SoR Avenge

I am Diamond 6 trying to get Onyx in Team Arena, down to play if you want

Trup1aya

Quantum break is the first SP only shooter I've fallen in love with since max Payne

It took all of my will power to stop my second playthrough and come back to halo

link1201

matchmaking preference options, more Forge goodness, UI updates and post-game medals, Campaign balance updates (more on that in just a bit), and lots more that I can’t talk about just yet is in the works. Many of these will be landing with Memories of Reach, which is currently slated for an early May release.

Awesome, really wish they'd add scoring and medals to the campaign though.

Other than Infection, best part of the update it this

forgetease-49cc6725724d44238bd7b853cdcce2d4.png

Brick surfaces! Finally Forge can produce something with a bit more diversity than the usual plastic palette.

Blueblur1

The Emile armor looks great. I hope it looks like that in-game. I'm looking forward to the UI updates. Hopefully they plan on adding more than just medals to the PGCR.

Every single ability that can be used defensively, can be used offensively. Just as often as you see someone successful evading being killed, you see them run to their death. Sure someone can camp and radar watch, but hit markers make nowhere save to hide.
If you're talking about chasing kills, then that is most definitely one of the worst things you can do in these moments, especially if you're playing against good players. And unless you're playing with a full team and have map control, these situations can be plentiful.

BraXzy

Quantum break is the first SP only shooter I've fallen in love with since max Payne

It took all of my will power to stop my second playthrough and come back to halo

I'm really, really enjoying it.. I was reading mixed opinions on it at launch so I wasn't sure I'd like it. I just had to put it down after reaching Act 4, its like 4am :|

I'll come back once I finish one play through!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Man promethean soldiers have sooo much armor. They can take two sniper rounds before they even show a weak spot. Are they actually weak at their joints or something? I feel like there must be a trick to them that I'm missing.

mo60

Haven't played Firefight yet. Do you get REQ points for playing it?

Yes. You get req points in Firefight. You can get between 2000-2150 req points depending on how well you do if you complete all rounds.

Yup and quite a fair amount, lots of XP too!

I always seem to get under 4000 XP after a match in Warzone Firefight for some odd reason which is less than what I get when winning a warzone match.

im_dany

Why did i get 200rp for my silver pack, when be still got plenty of silvers rare items to go?

Every commendation gives you a rare emblem for lv5 completition, you can count those out.

Except for the SPNKR or whatever it's called, that's tied to the cone uncommon emblem.

I'm really liking Tyrant, it's an interesting map to traverse and control.

3 games today I was left 4v1, I wish there was some mercy rule where you can quit at that point, instead I stayed and did my best to kill someone each life. My last game tonight the other team only had one guy so I sent him a message saying "Sorry, GG." I then reported his quitting teammates, but I always do that.

There's a pretty annoying bug in Warzone Firefight.
Two players on my team managed to hijack enemy Phaetons during the "Destroy 15 Phaetons" objective.
The Phaetons that they skyjacked didn't count as destroyed and so we were stuck at 13/15 and lost the round!

Thanks, tomorrow I'm going to a "Quinceañera party" but come on HaloGAF we need to play Firefight together this Sunday

Oh man you just gave me horrible flashbacks of having to be in every single one of my cousins Quinceañeras when I was younger. I had to learn so many dance routines lol nightmare fuel. I did look handsome af in those tuxedos tho

Halo

Oh man you just gave me horrible flashbacks of having to be in every single one of my cousins Quinceañeras when I was younger. I had to learn so many dance routines lol nightmare fuel. I did look handsome af in those tuxedos tho

Halo

I like dancing as long as it's music that I like which is kind of difficult because even if I'm 20 years old I don't listen to the majority of today's music, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s it's what I like for example Disco or 80s rock that's my jam, also this is my first Quinceañera party ever so I'm kind of excited

anyway HALO is LOVE, HALO is LIFE!

Glass

Note how the art team designs or at least builds armour on black undersuits, almost as if having red armour on a red undersuit makes the former harder to see or something!

Also the Riptide variant is cool, looks like we'll be getting more then just Infection on unchanged dev maps

riptide1-68f7fea5accc4147a87a5a86a0509cc1.png

Note how the art team designs or at least builds armour on black undersuits, almost as if having red armour on a red undersuit makes the former harder to see or something!
Personally, I miss the days where the armor felt like one connected set instead of floating pieces on a black undersuit.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well I can't make sense of what does and doesn't count as boss takedown and then what makes those count for commendations or not, but I am very slowly making progress on hunter, warden, and phaeton kills.

However, this is less important to me than the constant after-match failures of the menu system. It very often doesn't credit the xp/rp properly unless I cancel matchmaking and go all the way back to the main menu, sometimes it fails to open level or commendation packs, sometimes it never "gathers data" and gets stuck, and sometimes it straight up crashes. Even if I just want to check the stats of the game I just played, I always go all the way back to the main menu first because that seems to stabilize it.

Top Bottom