• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
GG's to the few people that were actually awesome and showed up.

To everyone else: You suck :p
I'm enjoying coffee and checking out new footage of Mirror's Edge Catalyst, thinking about playing some Deus Ex or Saint's Row 4 so my whole gaming world isn't Halo 5.

EYEL1NER

Later this evening I'll be down for some WZ or WZFF or whatever if anyone else wants to play, we can get a lobby going maybe? I'll post when I am getting on, or if anyone else wants to arrange something that's cool too. This is my first Saturday since getting accepted to the SC but I woke up too late to participate in the official WZ Saturday I guess, so I'm down for playing with anyone who wants to later.

Akai__

I'm enjoying coffee and checking out new footage of Mirror's Edge Catalyst, thinking about playing some Deus Ex or Saint's Row 4 so my whole gaming world isn't Halo 5.

I was joking...

I don't expect people to stop doing what they are doing just to jump onto H5 and play Warzone with us.

Madness

I could've sworn the content until June disclaimer was just because that was how MS operates with their financial years or game years. I would think that Halo 5 would still have some content beyond Warzone Firefight no? I mean none of us expected Halo 4 to get Champions DLC and Ricochet because all they had ever announced was the 3 map packs for the season pass.

This fall, Gears 4 and Halo Wars 2 will inevitably take a lot of players but I think there is still enough life that more content would be pushed beyond June, especially if the pro league is successful and leading upto HWC 2017. Unless they have another Halo mp shooter release planned for 2017 fall.

I could've sworn the content until June disclaimer was just because that was how MS operates with their financial years or game years. I would think that Halo 5 would still have some content beyond Warzone Firefight no? I mean none of us expected Halo 4 to get Champions DLC and Ricochet because all they had ever announced was the 3 map packs for the season pass.

This fall, Gears 4 and Halo Wars 2 will inevitably take a lot of players but I think there is still enough life that more content would be pushed beyond June, especially if the pro league is successful and leading upto HWC 2017. Unless they have another Halo mp shooter release planned for 2017 fall.

I don't doubt we'll see more adjustments and probably a handful more REQs for Halo 5 following June, but the biggest thing to keep in mind regarding that announcement is that free downloadable content for Halo 5 was only guaranteed up until June. We may end up in a situation where paid DLC maps return, but I seriously doubt it.

Madness

I'm going to play the hell out of WZ:FF later on. I hope we get close to the end or finish off Not So Tough, Deconstructed and Can't we all get along company commendations before the beta ends. We'll still have a lot of other commendations but these we thought would take forever before Firefigt came.

Ones like First Strike and Spartan Charge and Assassinations will probably still take a long time.

Next update is shaping up to be a massive one. We're already seeing a lot of different teases, from all parts of the game. Hyped!

Wait, why would it work like that? It's not the way any other enemies work. You're supposed to just have participated in the kill. I mean, for any other kill commendations, I never had to be the very last one to shoot, I still got the medal and the kill counted in the stats afterwards.
No idea, that's just how it works for warden.

Madness

I don't doubt we'll see more adjustments and probably a handful more REQs for Halo 5 following June, but the biggest thing to keep in mind regarding that announcement is that free downloadable content for Halo 5 was only guaranteed up until June. We may end up in a situation where paid DLC maps return, but I seriously doubt it.

You're probably right. I think we might see new REQ's and updates to forge or playlists but seeing things like all new developer created maps for free might finish by June. I hope file share is up and running once sustain ends. Adding 343favorites or other people just to see gametypes or community creations just doesn't cut it.

IHaveIce

Banned
Firefight is too EZ.

Even the 3 Warden boss phase is too easy if everyone can call in a vehicle.

2 Hannibal Scorpions and 2 Phateons ftw

Akai__

Was AFK buddy sorry :(

No problem. Thought so, when I saw you just chilling in the Main Menu after several games.

Their original plan was to deliver monthly updates (like you can see in this slider) from Decemeber to June. We already know that hasn't happened, because content wasn't ready yet and they skipped a month. On top of that, Frankie already clarified that"until June" was said, because of how Microsoft/343i handles Fiscal Years or something along those lines. Don't remember the exact wording here.

What I'm actually more interested in, is if they will keep their promise with the "18+ maps comming post launch" statement, as seen in this "H5 goes Gold message". That's actually why I thought that they will have a Halo Wars 2 and maybe even Halo 3 themed update for Halo 5. So far, we got 6 maps from 343i post launch, if I'm not mistaken.

Even stuff like the Pro League and the HCS Season 2 indicates that they will keep supporting the game, but we just don't know what the support will look like. My guess is that we will find out more at this years E3. Either way, I'm looking forward to that.

I keep on missing Warzone saturday :(

To be fair, it's pretty early for you US people anyways.

It's how it works for every AI enemy. You have to actually be credited with the kill for the commendation. It's only most noticeable on high HP enemies like Warden, hunters, and knights.

Can confirm. Last few matches I got the Mythic Medal for the Hunters, but didn't get any Commendation Progress. You have to be the one who kills them, like you said.

Hey guys I was wondering does anyone know what is this?

OSb9Nkw.png

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/634515120140455936

It looks like something that would come with a collectors edition of Halo Wars 2

Chittagong

Gold Member
Did a mod change the title?

"Why it is time for Chittagong to stop making threads

lmao

Damn, Chittagong, they killed your thread before it even got juicy....

Lol yeah it made me laugh, although the nervous kind of laugher you have when you refresh to see whether you have a junior tag now

I did send duckroll a PM to ask about it, because the earlier speculation threads I linked to in the OP were alllowed, so maybe they've changed policy

Just saw it, feel bad for all that effort to be insta locked :3

Rip Chitta.

There is a lot of symmetry to my Halo games tho, a lot of effort to get the rockes on Torque and insta killed :D

Lol yeah it made me laugh, although the nervous kind of laugher you have when you refresh to see whether you have a junior tag now

I did send duckroll a PM to ask about it, because the earlier speculation threads I linked to in the OP were alllowed, so maybe they've changed policy

I think it's more that you tried citing Etsy cookbook tutorials for a thread based on synthesizing napalm

JackHerer

That statue makes me think: Halo 6 should see a triumphant return of Brutes as enemies. Next gen Brutes could be pretty scary. Make them huge imposing beasts like in the H4 opening cinematic.

That statue makes me think: Halo 6 should see a triumphant return of Brutes as enemies. Next gen Brutes could be pretty scary. Make them huge imposing beasts like in the H4 opening cinematic.

I'm really looking forward to Halo 6's enemy / encounter design considering how solid most of the Campaign was, and how surprisingly adaptable their AI is to Warzone and WZFF. Being able to put just about every race (humans included) under the Taken Created banner and granting them all some unique Created abilities to supplement their own and make them distinct from remnant UNSC forces is going to be really interesting.

The jiralhanae were mentioned by Cortana during the final mission of Halo 5. Then again, she also brings up yonhet (a non-warfaring race) and san'shyuum (a near-extinct species after the Flood attacked High Charity), so it might just have been for posterity.

Besides, after the Covenant fell, the sangheili dumped them on their home planet. If you ask me, brutes as an enemy class didn't offer much in Halo 3 over the elites. They were just elites with bladed weapons. In Halo 2 and Reach, they were a tad more interesting, but still a fairly bland and uninteresting enemy to fight (just donk their forehead plate a few dozen times and then hit it once--not very exciting, if you ask me).

pieface

Have they changed how spawning works at all? Today especially I keep sending spawning with the opposition very close to me, and sometimes right behind me. It's happened about 5 times today.

EYEL1NER

It means we could get Brute weapons and vehicles back again, which I would like. But then again, I liked the Mauler and Spiker but when paired with an SMG. With no dual-wield, I don't know that I would use the Mauler or Spiker.

Dice

So for the garage thing, I think most of the difficulty comes from the soldiers.

1) Even if you are all in the garage to defend, the fuckers can teleport themselves right in.
2) They have very high armor and keep teleporting whenever they start to get hurt so taking time to kill them allows the others in.
3) Probably most impactful: The goddamn grenades that leave behind explosive sparkles to take away tonnnnns workable space to maneuver and fight anything in there.
4) Even if you can manage all this shit, they actually spawn inside the garage and you spawn outside of it.

I usually do pretty well for until 30 or so are dead, but getting hit by a grenade or backing into the explosive sparkles is basically an inevitability. Likewise once you get back in and are managing the time the second wave comes in, you can play the stairs to juggle forces between levels in a controlled manner but they always end up throwing grenades which makes the entire staircase off limits and you're forced to try and crouch behind the wall to avoid knight fire while shooting dogs, but then usually a soldier will simply teleport into the ideal position and kill you. Soldiers are like elites x2 IMO.

Edit: And now I bring you, epic splatter attempt fail.

Ramirez

No problem. Thought so, when I saw you just chilling in the Main Menu after several games.

Their original plan was to deliver monthly updates (like you can see in this slider) from Decemeber to June. We already know that hasn't happened, because content wasn't ready yet and they skipped a month. On top of that, Frankie already clarified that"until June" was said, because of how Microsoft/343i handles Fiscal Years or something along those lines. Don't remember the exact wording here.

What I'm actually more interested in, is if they will keep their promise with the "18+ maps comming post launch" statement, as seen in this "H5 goes Gold message". That's actually why I thought that they will have a Halo Wars 2 and maybe even Halo 3 themed update for Halo 5. So far, we got 6 maps from 343i post launch, if I'm not mistaken.

Even stuff like the Pro League and the HCS Season 2 indicates that they will keep supporting the game, but we just don't know what the support will look like. My guess is that we will find out more at this years E3. Either way, I'm looking forward to that

As much as I hope I'm wrong, I almost guarantee those Forge BTB maps were counted in that 18 map statement.

Dice

Also are banshee bombs just programmed for an instakill on anything in their explosion radius instead of a damage factor? Because I was getting ready to shoot some from behind cover and one off to the right on the other side of the building I was behind shot sideways to hit the wall of the building across the road from me and I instantly died even though I had upgraded shields. It seemed like the strike was a pretty far distance from me to be instantly killing like that so I figured that it's just you die even if you're only like 1% within the explosion.

link1201

I'm not sure what they're planning but having these updates are a great way to keep people interested in the game. I hope they continue in some form for awhile longer than originally stated.

I'm not sure what they're planning but having these updates are a great way to keep people interested in the game. I hope they continue in some form for awhile longer than originally stated.

With the way things are playing out, it's looking like they're attempting to gut / restructure some of the current community systems (e.g. Community Cartographers) in order to more or less have the post-June support for H5G mostly be made by the community, for the community (with 343 acting as a quality control / backend management system of sorts).

With the way things are playing out, it's looking like they're attempting to gut / restructure some of the current community systems (e.g. Community Cartographers) in order to more or less have the post-June support for H5G mostly be made by the community, for the community (with 343 acting as a quality control / backend management system of sorts).

It's about time they gut the community cartographers, something, something, conspiracy and corruption.

singhr1

Hmm tempting. The halo 5 controller comes with a req pack! Lol
mKBoQRy.jpg

The REQ pack in the chief/locke controllers are just the visor each of the characters have (depends on the controller you get) + a few single use REQs IIRC.

The locke controller is really nice. I've never tried the grips on the lunar white but its still far better than the default controller. There is some nice texturing on the front and a small lip on the back. It feels premium with good weight distribution and quality buttons/sticks.

Garage objective just needs at least two members of the team using high level ghosts.

Yeah, or ONI Warthog or Wraith. Just someone to balance interior and exterior. It's a pretty easy objective if the interior crowd isn't too overwhelming because the vehicle crowd can do enough crowd control before the enemy enters the garage.

It's how it works for every AI enemy. You have to actually be credited with the kill for the commendation. It's only most noticeable on high HP enemies like Warden, hunters, and knights.
So the "You killed ___" actually means "You at least assisted in killing ___. Find out if you actually killed it after the game!"

I played a lot of WZFF yesterday. It doesn't really feel like FF on these maps. Maybe they will come up with a FF proper on Forge maps. FF was more on Arena type maps where they would just keep throwing hordes at you. This is to scripted.

Top Bottom