• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

m23

The wait for this new update is tough.

Memories of Reach, Hogwild + a standalone Firefight release, and then we're done with free content for Halo 5 right? Going to miss it. Never would have thought that my most anticipated E3 announcement would be a second season of Halo 5 DLC/Halo 5: "Legends" multiplayer expansion.

I kinda hope 2017 skips a full Halo release and does something else instead. We have Halo Wars 2 this year so 2016 is covered. Maybe a campaign expansion, or as you said a multiplayer expansion.Or even ODST 2 and play as Buck before he becomes a Spartan IV.

I'd rather Halo 6 get more dev time. As great as the multiplayer is, they need to refocus the story.

Trup1aya

The wait for this new update is tough.

Memories of Reach, Hogwild + a standalone Firefight release, and then we're done with free content for Halo 5 right? Going to miss it. Never would have thought that my most anticipated E3 announcement would be a second season of Halo 5 DLC/Halo 5: "Legends" multiplayer expansion.

People assume that updates will stop at this point. But we don't have any confirmation either way.
I suspect that if the post launch support model was financially successful, then they'll continue to create new content.

Stinkles (I think) mentioned that the legalese that suggested support would end in June, was just to coincide with the fiscal year.

I kinda hope 2017 skips a full Halo release and does something else instead. We have Halo Wars 2 this year so 2016 is covered. Maybe a campaign expansion, or as you said a multiplayer expansion.Or even ODST 2 and play as Buck before he becomes a Spartan IV.
It's probably going to be Halo 3 anniversary.

Glass

I suspect that if the post launch support model was financially successful, then they'll continue to create new content.

Yeah this is how I see it. I still think there's more tricks to be used with REQ packs. And if/when esport team skins happen, the money from that alone would be insane.

Hope it isn't Halo 3 Anniversary. As much as I love the game, that feels kinda lazy. It's still my favourite, but I think I'd rather 343i stop holding up their predecessors for comparison, and continue to improve and refine what they have. If they want to commemorate Halo 3 that's fine, but ideally now it would be just a few map remakes, and Warzone-takes, on past content for Halo 5 (Warzone Sandtrap with an Elephant anyone? Hardly a day in /r/Halo goes by without it being raised)

I'd rather Halo 6 get more dev time. As great as the multiplayer is, they need to refocus the story.

I agree, a sequel or even a spin-off feels kind of redundant, and it's best for Halo 6 that 343i are not stretched too thin.

m23

It's probably going to be Halo 3 anniversary.

That would be so useless. We have Halo 3 at 1080p/60fps, what else could they improve really. If anything, they would mess with the art style which doesn't need to be touched.

Surprise us 343, no more anniversaries.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
People assume that updates will stop at this point. But we don't have any confirmation either way.

Stinkles (I think) mentioned that the legalese that suggested support would end in June, was just to coincide with the fiscal year.

which i took to mean that they were, at the time at least, expecting to go beyond that timeline. the game seems to be doing well, i'd be shocked if the support was dropped. though i dont expect we'll continue to get monthly goodness

Strider

I'll pick...

1. EG
2. E 6
3. Nv
4. Optic

This is probably the most common prediction of placings too but whatever.... If I was to change anything about my above predictions I'd swap Nv and E 6 but we'll see...

While I'm pretty confident EG will win this event I still think there is a lot of potential for upsets here including Optic winning a series... Should be a nice 1 day event.

op_ivy

I'll pick...

1. EG
2. E 6
3. Nv
4. Optic

This is probably the most common prediction of placings too but whatever.... If I was to change anything about my above predictions I'd swap Nv and E 6 but we'll see...

While I'm pretty confident EG will win this event I still think there is a lot of potential for upsets here... Should be a nice 1 day event.

thats what my predictions would be. been out of town for the past week and a half and envy was looking great

Trup1aya

So what happens to the team's that don't place 1st. Are they just seeded in the next qualifier?

Also, 343i really needs to allow people to view or open the HCS streams from inside the game... It would do wonders for viewership

Glass

I kind of hope all the other teams have a major off day and Optic pulls it off, but the truth is they have a long ways to go.

Strider

I kinda hope a team loses the first round but makes a run out of the loser's bracket to win the event.

I am far from convinced that this one 4 team event means we are getting double elim for all future lans too but it is needed of course... A hype comeback from the loser's bracket wouldn't hurt lol

Strider

People in the twitch chat already complaining about being timed out or messages being deleted.

Let us freeeeeeeeeeee

つ ◕◕ ༽つ BUBU TAKE MY DUBU ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

never doing team arena solo again. most frustrating 10 matches I've ever had. lol

gold 6 -_- even though I played against onyx players? K thnx 343

6w/4l

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

I think this. Really hope we see a new DLC plan for 5. After the next two drops adding more reqs could be silly? Guess there is brute stuff to add.

Would love a campaign expansion or a side story. Really dont need Halo 3 anniversary imo. Would rather see Reach fixed up.

Yeah no need for a halo 3 re-master. Would be a step backward and a waste of time in my opinion. All about moving the franchise forward.

Bring on more REQ DLC plans and wow us with Halo 6 couple years later.

VeeP

Yo guys, haven't played since January. But I'm about to start playing again in a week or so. I wanted to ask, has 343i added more maps into the playlist? Are forge maps also added in? Are they good? How are the new DLC maps?

op_ivy

that flag stick

kGfOyJv.gif

LOL

Strider

I do love the player outlines in observer mode though... If they could keep that on and remove everything else
goodjob.gif

Dat comeback tho

agreed

BizzyBum

Whenever they do listen-ins I don't even know how teams concentrate with all that yelling. I feel like you have to focus so much on the game that it ends up just being background noise.

Whenever they do listen-ins I don't even know how teams even concentrate with all that yelling. I feel like you have to focus so much on the game that it ends up just being background noise.

Making/listening to callouts is another skill, bruh. Plus, if you're one of the voices, it's slightly less chaotic.

Top Bottom