• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

GG G0SU. I was spawning with garbage that match.

I knew it was you! Even though two point blank shots with a shottu didnt kill you. :((

And gg. You have now been blessed with the G0SU touch just like forerunner. Cept he got ground pounded by my dingle berries. ;) muahahahahahah

2 down.. So many more to go >=D

Akai__

Is anyone able to start a Party? We are getting "Connecting" all the time. :(

Friendslist is down, too. These Xbox Service Alerts...

Pennybags

Xbox or Halo? Halo has been working for me this morning/noon. Only been in one chat party, but that worked too.

Now that you say it, I can't join any parties on my friendslist or even see who is in them.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hammers are pretty awesome on the right levels, though there are some levels much better suited to the rocket launchers and ICs that come up. In one game a guy got The Answer and was wisely conservative with his ammo so he went on a huge run.

Pennybags

Incineration cannons seem like the most assured way to get kills in Fiesta.

Feels unfair actually. Do they have some slight tracking (not Heartseeker), or is it really just the way the shot fans out?

Seems like I never have to aim for the feet the way I would have to with a conventional rocket.

Chittagong

Gold Member

Friendslist is down, too. These Xbox Service Alerts...

Back at this game after weeks of travel, booted by an error from first match I was starting, it better not count as a DNF

Also, the error message is completely mangled, and it claims I left my fire team. Don't dare to try a third time so that I don't get banned

Dice

Incineration cannons seem like the most assured way to get kills in Fiesta.

Feels unfair actually. Do they have some slight tracking (not Heartseeker), or is it really just the way the shot fans out?

Seems like I never have to aim for the feet the way I would have to with a conventional rocket.
Some ICs are difficult to secure kills with at long range but that one with the cluster at the end is really strong, especially in these Fiesta levels with the small hallways. There's also that flash of light from it that can make it difficult to track them for your shots if you manage to dodge theirs.

EYEL1NER

I imagine the SC will make some good progress towards the "Power Play - Kill an enemy Spartan with a power weapon" commendation this week with Super Fiesta going on.

BraXzy

Braxzy is crying inside. Dont be fooled by his post!!

Hehe, nah I genuinely didn't. I was going to edit and stress the fact but forgot :3

I will cry inside (and out) if my PC doesn't work today though. Bought a pricey PSU replacement. Too scared to test it yet.

Yeah so this current build of halo 5 is complete shit. The music is now intermittently cutting out before matches start and during the match intros. Yes, this is in addition to the music cutting out after a match on Darkstar.

jem0208

Yeah so this current build of halo 5 is complete shit. The music is now intermittently cutting out before matches start and during the match intros. Yes, this is in addition to the music cutting out after a match on Darkstar.

You have an extremely low threshold for complete shit.

Im noticing music stop and sound stutter when loading games. Music stops and then you just hear "slayer"

Once the game loads it fine though. Odd

Dice

Yeah music and sound effects cut out for me in the intros very often then comes back as we're entering gameplay. The game also fairly often crashes when I'm trying to look at stats, open packs, or sell items between matches. That's why I always back out to main menu before doing that. It's very unstable on intermission countdown and player connections.

Anyone else unable to access the desktop version of the site, but mobile comes up fine?

I've tried multiple PCs, multiple IPs, multiple browsers and they all give me a database error but the mobile site loads up with no problems. Strange.

Karl2177

Anyone else unable to access the desktop version of the site, but mobile comes up fine?

I've tried multiple PCs, multiple IPs, multiple browsers and they all give me a database error but the mobile site loads up with no problems. Strange.

I haven't had that issue, but my laptop is being a complete anomaly right now. It's the only device on my network that can access the internet. Everything else says that there's communication problems between it and the ISP. It can access the desktop site just fine without requiring a VPN or dev mode.

I haven't had that issue, but my laptop is being a complete anomaly right now. It's the only device on my network that can access the internet. Everything else says that there's communication problems between it and the ISP. It can access the desktop site just fine without requiring a VPN or dev mode.

i'm not saying it's aliens, but

Ramirez

I finished 1-3 in every FFA placement match except the last one (5th), going against 2K onyx and Champs the whole back half. I only placed 1513, feels bad man.

^ I've had the audio problems, but never seen anything like that. Could it be your box?

BraXzy

I finished 1-3 in every FFA placement match except the last one (5th), going against 2K onyx and Champs the whole back half. I only placed 1513, feels bad man.

^ I've had the audio problems, but never seen anything like that. Could it be your box?

Don't feel too bad, there's a cap on placement CSR so you don't start at the top.

Also, after watching the animated shorts and development vids, I have newfound appreciation for your avatar. The hype grows.

Same here, literally every placement match and only got diamond five

BizzyBum

Sure, keep complaining about your Onyx and Diamond rankings, I'll be sulking over here with the true plebs in Platinum.

Also, I got this error message before when trying to join a game.

7MeHa0V.png

I'm scared.

mo60

Sure, keep complaining about your Onyx and Diamond rankings, I'll be sulking over here with the true plebs in Platinum.

7MeHa0V.png

I'm scared.

It looks like one of those connection error messages.

I noticed weird audio issues lately to but mostly while playing warzone(especially after playing a match on Skirmish on Darkstar, but I noticed this issue on other maps to). The game also freezes a bit during a warzone match sometimes but it's nowhere near as bad as shown in Zoso Achilles video.

Ramirez

7MeHa0V.png

I'm scared.

Well, I know I'm gonna place Onyx every month, I've reached my ceiling. But I played my ass off in those placements, and was shocked I still started so low, lol.

Reading posts saying FFA/SWAT is an easy Champion is silly though. There's nothing easy about being top 200 in a playlist, no matter which it is, lol.

Also just finished a CTF match where we were down 2-0 with like 1 1/2 mins to go, tied it up and won in OT, so good.

To be fair, I've never seen anything that bad either. It seemed like a worse version of the extreme frame lag our party was experiencing last night.

BraXzy

Well, I know I'm gonna place Onyx every month, I've reached my ceiling. But I played my ass off in those placements, and was shocked I still started so low, lol.

Reading posts saying FFA/SWAT is an easy Champion is silly though. There's nothing easy about being top 200 in a playlist, no matter which it is, lol.

I think people say it's easy, at least for FFA, because if you're a decent player you can eventually hit that through sheer effort and games played. Maintaining it is something different all together but... And I'd say Breakout wouldn't be too hard to get into with a solid team of 4 and a lot of time. I think the low end was 1810 last I was playing.

Ramirez

I think people say it's easy, at least for FFA, because if you're a decent player you can eventually hit that through sheer effort and games played. Maintaining it is something different all together but... And I'd say Breakout wouldn't be too hard to get into with a solid team of 4 and a lot of time. I think the low end was 1810 last I was playing.

From the looks of it, a FFA champ would require over 2300 score, that's crazy to me if you're starting out at 1500, lol.

BraXzy

From the looks of it, a FFA champ would require over 2300 score, that's crazy to me if you're starting out at 1500, lol.

Yeah that's quite the climb, people definitely underestimate the effort that's required to hit it. But I would agree that the difficulty of getting there and staying there varies from playlist to playlist with FFA/Swat quite low down.

Ramirez

Yeah that's quite the climb, people definitely underestimate the effort that's required to hit it. But I would agree that the difficulty of getting there and staying there varies from playlist to playlist with FFA/Swat quite low down.

Well yea, that's just the nature of them being less populated, and the team aspect not playing as much of the equation. I don't think I've gotten past 1700 in either Slayer or Arena since they adjusted the rankings.

Hey GAF is working again!

Halo has been strange today. A lot of audio issues. No medal sounds or they are really delayed. Also my weapons are low quality models. The game runs fine, just these weird issues.

Ramirez

Hey GAF is working again!

Halo has been strange today. A lot of audio issues. No medal sounds or they are really delayed. Also my weapons are low quality models. The game runs fine, just these weird issues.

Yea the audio was getting way behind for me earlier. Flag call outs coming like 20 seconds after it had happened and such.

haha optic has such a huge following lol.
https://twitter.com/HCS/status/724006213441216513

although honestly, and you can call me crazy, I think they have just as good a chance as anyone to get through tomorrow's qualifier. If they were playing CLG I'd be like no. But the other teams have all been reshuffled, and I believe optic is actually better than they were with Lifstyle and Chaser being replaced by Naded and the return of Ace.

Top Bottom