• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Yea the audio was getting way behind for me earlier. Flag call outs coming like 20 seconds after it had happened and such.

Huh, audio was fine in Warzone last night, but there were absurd lag spikes that didn't seemed to be linked to the normal quitting issue. It also crashed twice last night for me, and for quite a few other people as well. Iffy build after the last update?

But it's funny, I think three years ago I would be incensed by such shenanigans but MCC totally Stockholmed me. That it matches at all still feels like a major achievement sometimes.

Only got in a couple games after work earlier this morning, but was having a blast with
9tfutRB.jpg

I have been doing really well in Slayer lately. I was on a nine game streak before I lost; it was 49-50 lol. I was able to get over 1600 now. However, I’m mostly playing Plats and Diamonds. So I’m guessing my CSR is Onyx, but my hidden skill rank or whatever it is called is much lower.

Speedboost is basically an offensive powerup now that is quite lethal if you play it right.

EDIT: Back on the topic of that Onyx-level FFA stuff, I got a couple clips (as a "Diamond" player) against some of these champ/onyx folks today:

How embarrassing lol

I think I surprised myself...
Yeah I need to actually try the speed boost for spartan charges. This is no lie, but I don't think I've ever used a speed boost req ever. I've messed around with the damage boosts and overshield power up, but i'm stubborn when it comes to trying new stuff.
This is the information for the Halo 5 PAX East Invitational tournament tomorrow!

xLT58io.png

Let's GO!
Nice seeding for Optic with not having to face EG in the 1st round. I know nothing about Enigma6, but was watching them scrim the other day.

EDIT: maybe not so lucky having to go up against bubudubu

Ramirez

I keep getting matched against the same kids over and over in SF. Loosen the match parameters already, I don't want to play stupid gametypes against parties and great players, defeats the purpose.

Trup1aya

Super Fiesta - region lock = no Bueno

When so many of the weapons are projectile or melee, the effects of lag are drastically amplified...

belushy

Banned
haha optic has such a huge following lol.
https://twitter.com/HCS/status/724006213441216513

although honestly, and you can call me crazy, I think they have just as good a chance as anyone to get through tomorrow's qualifier. If they were playing CLG I'd be like no. But the other teams have all been reshuffled, and I believe optic is actually better than they were with Lifstyle and Chaser being replaced by Naded and the return of Ace.

I think it'll end 1-nV 2- EG 3- E6 4- Optic. I do think Optic with that roster will make the Pro League through one of the other qualifications. I think nV squad is really good. I could see EG dropping Suspector if this event doesn't go well for them (as in lose to Optic.) A few candidates up for that spot if that happens: Heinz or APG I'd imagine.

Endgame and Selene's Lance are really good. It actually makes the Spartan Laser commendation easy. Why can't the normal Spartan Laser be better. I can't kill anyone with that.

Think ill try and do my arena placements tonight lol. Unless Nyquil takes over my mind and makes me play like fatamooose. Id might as well dashboard->quit

Defect

Getting put against a full team that consists of Champ 1, 4 and 26 in Breakout is not fun.

Actually, Breakout isn't fun.

This matckmaking is really fucking stupid sometimes. You put me against full Onyx teams, which is fine. However, why the fuck are my teammates Platinum? When you actually give me teammates around my skill level, we do fine. Who would have thought! But no, lets put an 1600 Onyx with Plat teammates against +1900 Onyx players and see what happens.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Super Fiesta is very useful for getting accustomed to new weapons so you don't completely waste them on the day you do use that REQ.

That said, this is probably just way-outdated but I thought the energy sword is supposed to lunge several feet if you're focused on your mark? Do you have to be running now or something?

BizzyBum

Super Fiesta is very useful for getting accustomed to new weapons so you don't completely waste them on the day you do use that REQ.

The best weapon I've gotten on SF so far was the ridiculous legendary SPNKR Prime. Made me jump super high and the rockets were so fast they practically teleported to the player.

Madness

There is something off about the arclight. Is it due to the hitscan change? I woild basically just hold the trigger down and then aim at a player and like a split second later they just go flailing. Hard to describe what I mean but the hit detection seems different co pared to the regular railgun or whiplash.

There is something off about the arclight. Is it due to the hitscan change? I woild basically just hold the trigger down and then aim at a player and like a split second later they just go flailing. Hard to describe what I mean but the hit detection seems different co pared to the regular railgun or whiplash.
I'm not sure what you mean. Arc light felt no different than the other rail guns the times I've used it today. That's other than the charge behavior differences, of course.

And I sang a song of joy. Finally, the cert I've wanted the most since GoM launched is in my hands and ready to tear people apart. I've nabbed this thing a few times from Random Common cards, but now I really get to deliver the pain.

Game is totally unplayable at times with the region lock removed, people were teleporting like crazy and the AR was mowing me down from miles away. I really hope the upcoming matchmaking options include picking your data center[/url]

Yeah, it's ridiculously frustrating when Nicky No-networking comes into the game to port all over the place and ruin the match for pretty much everyone.

So I was playing Halo MCC today to record some footage for a video that I'm making and oh boy I was getting destroyed on the multiplayer every time that I tried to use a normal weapon against BRs except power weapons of course

I'm very happy with the balance and sandbox that 343i did on Halo 5 every weapon it's lethal on the right hands it's perfect!

Also bonus pic:

DOryJgW.jpg

"War, war never changes"

BraXzy

Getting put against a full team that consists of Champ 1, 4 and 26 in Breakout is not fun.

Actually, Breakout isn't fun.

Breakouts Champ starts around 1800 CSR so if you're near that I'm afraid Champs will come your way. If you're solo queuing it's worse because there's always squads in there with four Champs that the matchmaking can't do much with besides throw the closest Onyx's at them :/

Glass

I'm very happy with the balance and sandbox that 343i did on Halo 5 every weapon it's lethal on the right hands it's perfect!

Yep. Going back to only BR's would be seriously boring, I love the variety. The ever changing game of rock paper scissors we get with H5s weapons is great as a player and spectator
PAX hype

Also 343 needs to start the stream count downs on Twitch at 1 hour, not 15 minutes like they have recently. Gives people plenty of time to get bums in seats, 15 minutes is nothing. Even the big streamers who have a set time and people know when they go live still have a much longer ramp up speed to their peak viewership. I realise this is going to be a long tournament but still, be nice to see numbers higher initially.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Fuck, I got two DNFs on my track now from the connection issues yesterday. Why is the game not smart enough to differentiate between quitting and connection drop before game has begun.

The wait for this new update is tough.

Memories of Reach, Hogwild + a standalone Firefight release, and then we're done with free content for Halo 5 right? Going to miss it. Never would have thought that my most anticipated E3 announcement would be a second season of Halo 5 DLC/Halo 5: "Legends" multiplayer expansion.

Top Bottom