• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

I can't deal with being put with these shit teams in multiplayer, god damn.

Being the top player on the losing team so many times in a row is driving me fucking crazy.

my rank am cry

that flag stick

kGfOyJv.gif

LOL

I saw that, apparently the sticky nade was on the flag and the carrier threw it away to survive.

That's crazy, did he mean that?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i had no idea that the losers winners had to beat the winners bracket team 2 series to actually win. makes sense though

IHaveIce

Banned
Well I think it is actually impossible nV will win 8 games now against EG.. if this is how double elim makes a comeback into Halo I'm disappointed

Strider

Well I think it is actually impossible nV will win 8 games now against EG.. if this is how double elim makes a comeback into Halo I'm disappointed

Wait is that how it's gonna work for this event? Yikes.

A fan of double elim but never been a fan of the team coming out of losers having to win twice. Just now tuning back in so I missed that bit of info

Woke up and checked the tourney results. Saw optic didn't fare so well. Makes me sad inside. Really like them for some reason. Maybe it's because I'm old and can relate lol.

Wait is that how it's gonna work for this event? Yikes.

A fan of double elim but never been a fan of the team coming out of losers having to win twice. Just now tuning back in so I missed that bit of info

I mean, they could the the extended series thing like MLG used to, but they'd still have to win the same number of games to come back, so I don't see the complaint really.

Strider

I mean, they could the the extended series thing like MLG used to, but they'd still have to win the same number of games to come back, so I don't see the complaint really.

It's not a "complaint" really as I mean... I get it and it's still better than not having double elim at all. I'm just not a fan of extended series or 2 series in the event the loser's bracket team win... Series can potentially go on a ridiculously long time and it makes early matches less intense since EG gets a lot of cushion here. Not only that but actually coming out of the loser's bracket and upsetting the other team becomes extraordinarily slim.

The biggest benefit to double elim is getting the two most deserving teams in the finals.... Then you could have one series where both teams are playing with everything on the line which provides much more tension. I mean it's "Game 6" right now but I feel as if a comeback is near impossible for Nv since even if they do manage to win 2 in a row they have to do it all again. There is nothing intense about this right now.

I totally get the logic behind Nv having to win 2 series... again I'm just personally not a fan.

It's not a "complaint" really as I mean... I get it and it's still better than not having double elim at all. I'm just not a fan of extended series or 2 series in the event the loser's bracket team win... Series can potentially go on a ridiculously long time and it makes early matches less intense since EG gets a lot of cushion here. Not only that but actually coming out of the loser's bracket and upsetting the other team becomes extraordinarily slim.

The biggest benefit to double elim is getting the two most deserving teams in the finals.... Then you could have one series where both teams are playing with everything on the line which provides much more tension. I mean it's "Game 6" right now but I feel as if a comeback is near impossible for Nv since even if they do manage to win 2 in a row they have to do it all again. There is nothing intense about this right now.

I totally get the logic behind Nv having to win 2 series... again I'm just personally not a fan.

I guess I can sort of understand your POV. Personally, I think the extended series/double series should only be if they were the team to knock you to the losers bracket. Otherwise just make a huge best of 11 or something to make it epic.

BraXzy

I saw that, apparently the sticky nade was on the flag and the carrier threw it away to survive.

That's crazy, did he mean that?

Looked less like the sticky being on the flag and more that dropping the flag might remove the sticky due to a bug. Can't you also "shake them off" if you spartan charge a wall at the right time?

Trup1aya

I gotta disagree... It's a double elimination tourney. If a team makes it to the finals without losing once, it's only fair that their challenger should have to beat them twice.

Doing it your way actually provides the challenger with a cushion, instead of the top seed.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Was playing assault and the other team brought out two ghost ultras, one sword ghost, and two standard ghosts to keep us from capturing the first base. Didn't know anyone cared about an assault match that much.

belushy

Banned
Was playing assault and the other team brought out two ghost ultras, one sword ghost, and two standard ghosts to keep us from capturing the first base. Didn't know anyone cared about an assault match that much.

Yeah they need a casual Warzone playlist

Strider

Doing it your way actually provides the challenger with a cushion, instead of the top seed.

Which I thought I very clearly addressed that when I said:

I never said my way was objectively "better" or "more fair" ... Just that personally I'd rather see one final series. You're trying to disagree with someone that isn't necessarily disagreeing with you lol

From a competitive standpoint the format as it was is the best way to go... Again I just personally don't like finals that play out like that.

Top Bottom