• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

o_O o_O o_O o_O Ok that's a story for another day anyway Formal from the Optic Gaming COD team is streaming Halo 5 in case some of you want to see him https://www.twitch.tv/formal

LOL:
V5fWtkP.png

IHaveIce

Banned
I mean, they could the the extended series thing like MLG used to, but they'd still have to win the same number of games to come back, so I don't see the complaint really.
It needs to be best of 11 or best of 13 as a continuation of their first played series to make sense IMO.

Look at this, they played a best of 5 and then 2 best of 7s.

If they played this way:
EG 3 - 2 nV
EG 0 - 4 nV
EG 4 - 3 nV

EG would have still won the tourney because they won 1 best of 7 but nV won 2 matches more than them in total games played

Trup1aya

It needs to be best of 11 or best of 13 as a continuation of their first played series to make sense IMO.

If they played this way:
EG 3 - 2 nV
EG 0 - 4 nV
EG 4 - 3 nV

EG would have still won the tourney because they won 1 best of 7 but nV won 2 matches more than them in total games played

I don't see the issue. The number of series won shoulda trump the number of matches won. I think it's fine as is.

Coming up from the losers bracket SHOULD be the tougher path to winning the tourney.

If they played this way:
EG 3 - 2 nV
EG 0 - 4 nV
EG 4 - 3 nV

I remember from my experience as a Caster that this is pretty common if you come from the loosers bracket you have to work harder to win the tournament

jem0208

If they played this way:
EG 3 - 2 nV
EG 0 - 4 nV
EG 4 - 3 nV

It's the same with a lot of game and series based competitions. Take tennis for example (very different scoring but it's the same concept), in the Wimbledon men's final the score could be:

6-0
6-0
6-7
6-7
5-7

The left wins a total 29 games but still loses the match to right who only won 21 games.

BraXzy

Hey guys, I just got back from my Dark Souls 3 visit. Super Fiesta is pretty neat, and the new UI tweaks coming soon sound nice.

I finally sorted my PC yesterday and started it! Pretty much a noob when it comes to the Souls games but I managed to get to the first boss and defeat it with no deaths so yay for me:D

o_O o_O o_O o_O Ok that's a story for another day anyway Formal from the Optic Gaming COD team is streaming Halo 5 in case some of you want to see him https://www.twitch.tv/formal

LOL:
V5fWtkP.png

Hahaha. That's brilliant. Maybe one day.
Won't happen :(

link1201

I've been very busy this weekend and missed most of the tournament. Was there a sneak peek at anything coming down the line or no?

Play a little bit of the new fiesta gametype and liked it a lot but my friends felt otherwise, hopefully with this it means those weapons can become available in forge one day. hopefully soon more info on the update and hopefully this one will keep me into the game for a while but might just be since I have yet to beat so many games I own so halo has just been on the back burner.

Though I could be super late and might of missed it but a friend of mine was telling me about the other day naded went on a rant about halo 5 on a stream and all the problems with it and disagreed with almost all of them. just all the things he had problems with (except for maybe bullet magnetism being too strong) seemed like steps backwards. sure maybe the amount of storm rilfes and smgs should be limited to one of each on a map but don't need to nerf them just because they are finally reliable weapons in this one. they also felt the rail gun is easy mode and makes the worst player destroy the best (to me I thought this is what power weapons are suppose to do) because of some weapons they feel like the game is too easy . The other point i would like to give attention to is how poorly 343 is handling the competitive scene and saying how they don't know what they want and whats the point of making maps that are not competitive at all. I might be wrong here but that seems like the competitive players having problems with things that are not exactly how they want them to be. sure the new maps have problems but my friend went own to calling them useless because of that and them being terrible maps. now this is just my opinion but I have no problem with any of the maps and maybe if people would stop crying about them maybe they would like them a little more. the last thing is talking about how things like grifball and wff will destroy the longevity of halo 5 because the competitive scene but those thing are important to keeping the main player base from quiting the game entirely and only giving them the option to go against super good halo members will make them hate the game. options are good and I do not see a problem with 343 giving the people what they want. the last one might be what my friend just thought but some people might see it this way.

sorry for my long winded rant but just feel like its all backwards thinking and while having points it just seems like instead of accepting it for what it is people want things exactly how they want it and have massive problems with it otherwise.
p.s. if anybody reads all of this they get respect points from me.

Like any dev, 343 are damned by some if they do, damned by some if they don't.

More modes please, not fewer. The only map that really needs fixing to my mind is Rig Slayer, although somehow not played that combo for ages, so might have been tweaked.

Didnt notice torques update until i played it in Super Fiesta where the top mid is now open and you can drop down below.

...That's coooooooooooooool.

Trup1aya

Rig slayer is terrible. But I don't think it can be fixed... Which is fine, they just need to take it out of the competitive rotation.

Everytime it comes up I'm like "seriously?!?!?"... And I feel bad for the announcers who try to explain-away why it's so boring... "The meta on this map really calls for teams to slow down, yadayadaya"

Of the maps we have seen on the competitive circuit, I feel like they are all good when matched with the appropriate gametype.

As far as the DLC maps, I don't understand why 343i wouldn't aim to make all of the maps work competitively. If a map is balanced all around, then it should work for casual and competitive play. It seems like Tyrant is the only one that has potential in that regard, and that's still up in the air.

I would like to see the SMG and Storm Rifles either become tier 2 pickups, or have lengthy spawn times.

rig slayer could be worse but sniper is the grab to win gun on the map cause god know nobody going to go off with the pc as they would with the sniper. I always tend to have problems with stronghold but thats only cause i get mad when I lose (which happens a lot with friends) and strongholds feels to me like a hollow version of crazy king which is all that I want.

you know what I want back is overgrowth with the original weapon set
/s

Strider

Didnt notice torques update until i played it in Super Fiesta where the top mid is now open and you can drop down below.

...That's coooooooooooooool.

IMO they should still give people more options for mobility on Torque by putting a lift on the outside wall of the bottom mid area on each side...
Also this would make for more opportunities for Ground pounds which is alwways a good thing :)

Basically you would go up the lift and land where the dmr used to spawn before the changes.

Here's a quick mockup. Sorry that this is the old version of the map but you get what I mean lol

Such art. Much wow.

Trup1aya

IMO they should still give people more options for mobility on Torque by putting a lift on the outside wall of the bottom mid area on each side...
Also this would make for more opportunities for Ground pounds which is alwways a good thing :)

Basically you would go up the lift and land where the dmr used to spawn before the changes.

Here's a quick mockup. Sorry that this is the old version of the map but you get what I mean lol

Such art. Much wow.

The should atleast add some ledges to allow for skill jumps to top mid.

I mean, they do all of these changes to Torque and none to Rig/Overgrowth. I think they are trying to get Torque into HCS so they can show off a 'pretty' map. Along with Tyrant - Hopefully.

I'd want them to omit Empire or Eden and replace them with something else.
Also want them to omit Rig and replace it with something else.

Empire/Eden -> Torque with modified map attributes. (assault)
Rig -> Tyrant, already good as is.

Overgrowth will never see the light of day in competitive. lol
Riptide can just sit this one out too. lol

Strider

The should atleast add some ledges to allow for skill jumps to top mid.

Yea I'd be up for anything lol. With the changes right now the only way to go to top mid from bottom mid is on the strongholds gametype using the pillar or whatever but there still should be something that you can utilize on any gametype IMO.

GTSweet

Neo Member
Holy shit super fiesta is the most fun I have had in a long time

It's great and super casual in a good way. If you get shitty weapons from RNG (AR + regular pistol start FTW!) you just shrug and move on. If you get Nornfang + Whispered truth you dominate and have fun.

They need to bump the kill cap to 75 or 100 cause the games are too fast but otherwise it's a great goof off mode.

Also, Super Fiesta Husky RAID!!!!!

It's great and super casual in a good way. If you get shitty weapons from RNG (AR + regular pistol start FTW!) you just shrug and move on. If you get Nornfang + Whispered truth you dominate and have fun.

They need to bump the kill cap to 75 or 100 cause the games are too fast but otherwise it's a great goof off mode.

Also, Super Fiesta Husky RAID!!!!!
If you get the Prophet's Bane, you laugh maniacally while slowly fading into invisibility.

Every time I've got the Prophet's Bane I don't even sprint and people just see me immediately. Yet when I'm on the opposite I get caught off guard. Do some people just have their brightness or settings so high it's super easy to see the outlines of a camo'd player?

Every time I've got the Prophet's Bane I don't even sprint and people just see me immediately. Yet when I'm on the opposite I get caught off guard. Do some people just have their brightness or settings so high it's super easy to see the outlines of a camo'd player?

I noticed i seen my color when walking with it at full speed. it's weird and i never used it much to get used to how the camo works.

I noticed i seen my color when walking with it at full speed. it's weird and i never used it much to get used to how the camo works.
I think the Prophet's Bane camo doesn't work like regular camo. I think you show up on the motion tracker when walking.

Strider

If you're talking about in Req Fiesta every legendary weapon also comes with a speed boost in that mode so camos don't work sinceyour movmeent speed is too high.

Top Bottom