• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

I really don't know where else to ask, so I'll ask here: can anybody hop on MCC real quick and help me beat Halo 3's the Covenant on Legendary in under 35 minutes? I need to hit that mark to complete the campaign in under 3 hours (then its off to do Halo 2 and 4 after that). I'm on right now - GT: Self Induced

It gave me a DMR but it is a special kind so it's level 7 and I'll probably usually only get to play with it a little bit before a Warden finish. Nonetheless, the Longshot AR it gave me offers nice cover fire ability to get out to places and I also just got sniper certification so those should pop up more often. All these together should make waiting for Longshot BR easier.

Anyways, I just played on Darkstar and pretty much stayed in the Fortress since it was often being left alone, and so I often ended up defending it alone vs multiple people, so I often ended up dying. I don't mind that, but even when it was only one guy and we killed each other so there was no one attacking Fortress, the game kept on suggesting West Armory for a spawn. It did this every single spawn, and there were like 20 of them in my whole game trying to defend the Fortress mostly alone, it tried to put me in West Armory instead of Fortress. Why the fuck would I want to go to the perfectly safe armory rather than defend Fortress? They almost got it near the end, too, when it spawned me way outside of it. If they had it would have blocked off our only other direction of cover to get access to where Warden was and our only direction of fire to shoot them as they tried to get in to him, so we would have lost. This game and its stupid fucking spawns, man.
Are you still holding on to the idea that you need long range weapons to be effective in warzone? Play with a haloGAF party at some point. We'll show you this is entirely unnecessary. Well others will. I'm bad at this game now.

Strider

Daily post that multi-team is >>> than BTB because of pistol starts

Make BTB pistol starts instead of BR starts please

TCKaos

i didn't even know that KD was a consideration in warzone. and, being new to the game, I'm really lacking in decent weaponry so i'm a bit of a disadvantage compared to more seasoned warzoners.

so i could see myself being one of those folks

Pretty much what backflip said. Each kill nets you 1 point, boss kills get 25 points and legendary bosses get 150 points. Base captures don't get you any points but do grant vantage points that you're going to want and capturing all three bases will open up the enemy core to attack.

Also, a tidbit since you said you're new, here's the grand strategy for Warzone:

It's ideal to capture the middle structure in any Warzone map, even over the initial armory run. On ARC capturing the center Garage gives you access to every legendary boss and both Soldier Commanders and two Knights that spawn there later (550 points worth of bosses). Capturing the Spire on Apex gives you premier access to all three legendary bosses, the Hunter Elders, the Knight Luminary and the Banshee Raiders (575 points worth of bosses). Capturing the Fortress on Stormbreak gets you access to Commander Lochagos, Captain Wamik and the Wraith Commander (325 points worth of bosses) and capturing the Monument on Noctus will get you all three legendary bosses, both Hydra Soldiers, four Hunters and two Phaetons (650 points worth of bosses).

Furthermore, on many of the maps you can completely and utterly restrict movement and out slay the opponent with your superior vantage point. On Stormbreak if you control the Fortress and one armory you have unrestricted access to every part of the map and can completely prevent the enemy team from moving. The Monument is an important enough vantage point that the enemy team will be rushing all game to capture it, and a successful repelling of boarders will still net you points.

Are you still holding on to the idea that you need long range weapons to be effective in warzone? Play with a haloGAF party at some point. We'll show you this is entirely unnecessary. Well others will. I'm bad at this game now.

No one can argue that they help, though that's mostly due to the size of the maps themselves. It's not difficult to manufacture situations in close quarters where you have the upper hand. Longshot AR is still pretty bad, though. The accuracy of the rifle isn't increased, just the magnification on the zoom, so you're still spraying at a dude that's like 50 meters out. The DMR is ideal for most infantry engagements and the H2BR comes in a close second.

It's important to note that that's if all else is equal. If you're not good with the BR you're not going to be better with the DMR. The BR is sufficient for pretty much every possible engagement in Warzone, I just prefer the extra range afforded by the DMR.

Strider

I honestly don't know how to make a new thread on reddit lol i fuckin hate that site

but suuuurely frankie or tashi or someone will see it eventually.

BraXzy

Daily post that multi-team is >>> than BTB because of pistol starts

Make BTB pistol starts instead of BR starts please

No wonder multi-team on Anti-Freeze felt better when I played multi-team awhile back. I agree with pistol starts.

I wouldn't start a pro team till you agreed to be coach obviously.

Oh really? I haven't really followed the scene much, I just knew they started these. Why has it caused more roster changes?

I did hear that the Shanghai major was a disaster from a production stand point :3

Are you sure you can handle the G0SU tactics and plans? Are you sure you can sweat enough and get sweaty palms from all the high caliber training? Are you sure you can eat enough cheeto poofs?

Let me know. i'll glady be a coach.

BraXzy

Are you sure you can handle the G0SU tactics and plans? Are you sure you can sweat enough and get sweaty palms from all the high caliber training? Are you sure you can eat enough cheeto poofs?

Let me know. i'll glady be a coach.

G0SU's next level strategy and team comm's:

"There's a.. there's a guy over there, shoot shoot!"

G0SU's next level strategy and team comm's:

"There's a.. there's a guy over there, shoot shoot!"

no more like this:

"GET DAT CORN OUTTA MY FAAACEEE""

"YOU"RE CRAY-CEEE"

last but not least...

23703170.jpg

You'll win with this strat 100.

BraXzy

I could go on about more reasons why BTB would be better with pistol starts but vehicles being more useful is definitely one of them. Go thumbs it up or whatever the fuck u do on that site

Reddit deals in Warmsy Hugs or Stinky Frowns for voting up and down.

but, Stinkles? haha... isn't that one skin secretly for us? (I use it like it is...)

Frank just checks in on us once in awhile to make sure we're still grinding away making those REQ dollars ;)

760e751a3514ab2cdb35bcffeacd8224.png

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Are you still holding on to the idea that you need long range weapons to be effective in warzone?
I never had this idea. The idea I had is it is required for effective long-range exchanges, which absolutely is true, and which pop up very often, forcing you to do other things very carefully and sneakily trying to be quick between points of cover, which can be exceptionally hard sometimes if it is from different directions and there is a Banshee flying around. So to put it simply, my idea for a long-range weapon is that I will be far less annoyed when I have one because I won't be at an objective disadvantage and my options for what to do in various situations will open up, which I know for a fact from the times I have been able to loot one off the ground.

Frank just checks in on us once in awhile to make sure we're still grinding away making those REQ dollars ;)

760e751a3514ab2cdb35bcffeacd8224.png
On that note, how do you unlock the Money 8s emblem? Is that a random legendary unlock or does it require you to spend some moneyz on halo 5 reqs?

I never had this idea. The idea I had is it is required for effective long-range exchanges, which absolutely is true, and which pop up very often, forcing you to do other things very carefully and sneakily trying to be quick between points of cover, which can be exceptionally hard sometimes if it is from different directions and there is a Banshee flying around. So to put it simply, my idea for a long-range weapon is that I will be far less annoyed when I have one because I won't be at an objective disadvantage and my options for what to do in various situations will open up, which I know for a fact from the times I have been able to loot one off the ground.

image.php

I can't resist. Sorry.

EDIT:

On that note, how do you unlock the Money 8s emblem? Is that a random legendary unlock or does it require you to spend some moneyz on halo 5 reqs?

Legendary REQ. I got it today through a gold pack

BraXzy

They hate us cause they ain't us. Also, because I just said that.

Really it's BraXzy though.

When someone finally spells your username right but be hatin'.

happy-then-mad-gif.gif

I have a 343 pistol skin, that practically makes me a 343 employee. Right? I still haven't had a paycheck though which is weird.

When someone finally spells your username right but be hatin'.

happy-then-mad-gif.gif

I have a 343 pistol skin, that practically makes me a 343 employee. Right? I still haven't had a paycheck though which is weird.

The only thing I got from 343 was a cease and desist. :(

No one can argue that they help, though that's mostly due to the size of the maps themselves. It's not difficult to manufacture situations in close quarters where you have the upper hand. Longshot AR is still pretty bad, though. The accuracy of the rifle isn't increased, just the magnification on the zoom, so you're still spraying at a dude that's like 50 meters out. The DMR is ideal for most infantry engagements and the H2BR comes in a close second.

It's important to note that that's if all else is equal. If you're not good with the BR you're not going to be better with the DMR. The BR is sufficient for pretty much every possible engagement in Warzone, I just prefer the extra range afforded by the DMR.
I'm confused, are you trying to explain this to me? Because I already know that the longshot AR is pointless and the longshot BR and DMRs are not needed to be effective in warzone. I was telling Dice he should play with us sometime to see that winning in warzone doesn't require special loadout weapons.

BraXzy

Legendary REQ. I got it today through a gold pack

I was about to say, if it was based on spending I'd have unlocked 12 of them already :3

The only thing I got from 343 was a cease and desist. :(

Oh I get dozens of those a week. I just appreciate the extra paper to send them fan letters on.

Whenever i finish silvers, im going to buy that $20 gold pack.

Allllmost there.......

anyone going to be on later tonight? LIKE in 8 hours? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I was about to say, if it was based on spending I'd have unlocked 12 of them already :3

Oh I get dozens of those a week. I just appreciate the extra paper to send them fan letters on.
Can 343 make us a golden pistol skin for those of us who spent money on req packs and bundles? lol
IAmnuoU.png

no seriously it should happen :3

Sounds like some of the call outs my friends say... G0SU training a secret army confirmed.

but with callouts like that I wouldn't be too worried

This is only PHASE ONE.

Wait until you see them enact PHASE TWO.

>=D

63891427.jpg

Stinkles Request - Can you draw a new mister chief with the joker make up?
BraXzy Request - Can you re-do my avatar wit the new sinister face?
nvm it'll just look like mister chief with make up.

forget i ever wrote and yet decided to leave it in my post.

BraXzy

Sounds like some of the call outs my friends say... G0SU training a secret army confirmed.

but with callouts like that I wouldn't be too worried

Hey, any callout is better than silent mic's and party hoarders.

I still don't know all of them to heart, I sometimes choke on them in the heat of battle. FeelsBadMan.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I reiterate that none of my issues about long range guns have to do with effectiveness in the game, winning or losing. I have won and lost, been last place and first place, least kills and most kills, few deaths or many deaths, whatever. My point with them is about frequent situations which I know have other ways to be dealt with, but are way more annoying to handle in those other ways rather than simply having a long range gun yourself.

Defect - Best player in HaloGaf thread OT confirmed with Screenshot.

Who will be next up to show off their goods and brag about their superiority among us peasents?!

Step right up and up on this pedastool.

Hey, any callout is better than silent mic's and party hoarders.

I still don't know all of them to heart, I sometimes choke on them in the heat of battle. FeelsBadMan.

Yeah true that. Even a bad call out can be translated to a half decent one. And don't worry your not the only one. I just try to give the least vage callouts possible when I don't know the exact place.

Nowise10

GXv8jDc.jpg

Even with the new changes to the ranking distribution, I still think it's not as good as it should be.

I'm also talking about me playing against champions every other match when I am Diamond 4. I'm not exaggerating either, every other game I've played today has had champions/Onyx 1600+ on the enemy team. Hell, last night I played with a full team of champions. I deserve to de-rank because of that? Such crap.

Pretty much what backflip said. Each kill nets you 1 point, boss kills get 25 points and legendary bosses get 150 points. Base captures don't get you any points but do grant vantage points that you're going to want and capturing all three bases will open up the enemy core to attack.

Also, a tidbit since you said you're new, here's the grand strategy for Warzone:

It's ideal to capture the middle structure in any Warzone map, even over the initial armory run. On ARC capturing the center Garage gives you access to every legendary boss and both Soldier Commanders and two Knights that spawn there later (550 points worth of bosses). Capturing the Spire on Apex gives you premier access to all three legendary bosses, the Hunter Elders, the Knight Luminary and the Banshee Raiders (575 points worth of bosses). Capturing the Fortress on Stormbreak gets you access to Commander Lochagos, Captain Wamik and the Wraith Commander (325 points worth of bosses) and capturing the Monument on Noctus will get you all three legendary bosses, both Hydra Soldiers, four Hunters and two Phaetons (650 points worth of bosses).

Furthermore, on many of the maps you can completely and utterly restrict movement and out slay the opponent with your superior vantage point. On Stormbreak if you control the Fortress and one armory you have unrestricted access to every part of the map and can completely prevent the enemy team from moving. The Monument is an important enough vantage point that the enemy team will be rushing all game to capture it, and a successful repelling of boarders will still net you points.

Thank you for this post.

Been playing since launch and still found it very insightful :)

This is only PHASE ONE.

Wait until you see them enact PHASE TWO.

>=D

63891427.jpg

Stinkles Request - Can you draw a new mister chief with the joker make up?
BraXzy Request - Can you re-do my avatar wit the new sinister face?
nvm it'll just look like mister chief with make up.

forget i ever wrote and yet decided to leave it in my post.

Is phase 3 play the game?

Sadly I can't reach that phase cause my isp are harder to communicate with than randoms on btb.

Woah, this is pretty cool. Posted on Reddit. There was a talk at GDC on Spartan Abilities for Halo 5: http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1023190/Making-Moves-Designing-Spartan-Abilities

Some of which during early development included a double jump. Gonna watch that later :O

That reminds me, I was planning on bringing it up already but I feel like Hologram and double jump are basically the last things they need to add to the Spartan Ability moveset. You could handle the controls in such a way that you could either use your second jump or your Ground Pound, meaning you can't necessarily just be a walking insta-groundpound machine wherever you go and you're also making a conscious choice to move upward or downward.

Top Bottom