• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Cool CLIP. Felt like that scene in Congo where they shoot the bad gorillas with the laser:

jlPi859.gif

See, this is a cool clip worth posting imo

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
yeah but, will all these promethean kills during the beta count for our spartan company???

Madness

Division does great scaling enemies difficulty/health to amount of players.

Not even about scaling difficulty. Sometimes in Reach or Halo 4 even, after I would be bored of MP or playing with others I would just go into Firefight to unwind. Shoot a shit ton of Grunts, try and hold my own alone in Firefight. Or in Halo 4, play a few Spartan Ops chapters like the one on Ragnarok/Valhalla which had a shit ton of Hunters, Elites and later Banshees etc. Warzone Firefight is seemed to be designed around having 8 players and also having to use REQ's up to stand a chance. Probably a blast to play but...

Can't watch the video due to limited data left on my phone (and deciding to use it only for this gaf thread) it's worth it. But cannot wait to play the firefight beta. Can't wait to play halo again really.

Probably to the point I'll try to get into breakout again. The mode is pretty fun and leads up to some amazing moments. Can understand why the majority doesn't like it but it's always a little bit of fun. That and skunking people is so rewarding.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Oooh, quite a few beta's soon. I still need to watch that IGN vid.. Does it look fun? Promising? :3

looks like its less about surviving more about effective time management killing. not sure if thats a good trade, but the mode looks littered with targets and, as we all hoped for (i think), has a variety of objectives including defending a base from attacking ai! i'm pretty sure there will be much fun to be had with a good squad and/or some friends.

Not even about scaling difficulty. Sometimes in Reach or Halo 4 even, after I would be bored of MP or playing with others I would just go into Firefight to unwind. Shoot a shit ton of Grunts, try and hold my own alone in Firefight. Or in Halo 4, play a few Spartan Ops chapters like the one on Ragnarok/Valhalla which had a shit ton of Hunters, Elites and later Banshees etc. Warzone Firefight is seemed to be designed around having 8 players and also having to use REQ's up to stand a chance. Probably a blast to play but...

Yeah, I was just saying it should be 1-8 players and just scale, if I wanna go in solo I shouldn't be fighting 3 wardens. If I feel like playing with 7 friends bring on the wardens.

Madness

Yeah, I was just saying it should be 1-8 players and just scale, if I wanna go in solo I shouldn't be fighting 3 wardens. If I feel like playing with 7 friends bring on the wardens.

Yeah. Maybe keep them normal/heroic for solo. And then ramp to legendary/mythic enemies for 8 player. But this way making 3 mythic wardens you just know REQ's will be used fast and furiously.

blamite

It's not like there isn't going to be matchmaking for Firefight though, right? What is this, Destiny? There's no reason you'd ever be facing 3 Wardens solo.

Well this is a good thing to bring up when they ask for feedback during the beta.

Keep tabs on this topic guys. I feel like its very legitimate.

BraXzy

I'd hope there was scaling. I guess we will get more info and in-depth details closer to the time.

Hopefully by then custom games will be better as people have suggesteted they are bothersome to create.

Custom firefight with a party of 2, 3 4 or whatever without matchmaking seems like an ideal option.

Forcing everyone to team up with 8 seems like itll spell turmoil in many scenarios. Option 1 mm with ppl up to 8. Option 2 fireteam only. No requirement of 8 spartans to play.

Strider

i think you're getting your hopes up too high if you're expecting to have any options on fire team size and difficulty...

It'd be nice to have sure but I wouldn't expect that.

Trup1aya

This will probably end up being my most played playlist. I love arena, but I hate how my skill level fluciates due to my inconsistent play time.

This looks like something I'd jump into as a warmup, then end up staying for hours.

blamite

I haven't watched the recent video so if there's new info with it besides just the gameplay maybe I missed something, but there's no reason to expect custom games for Firefight, right? I figured that putting it under the Warzone banner implied all the limitations of Warzone, lack of custom matches included.

i think you're getting your hopes up too high if you're expecting to have any options on fire team size and difficulty...

It'd be nice to have sure but I wouldn't expect that.

Dont ruin my dreams you party poooooperrrrr >=(

This is for the best.

Daaaaaannnnnnngggg

I was personally looking forward to the "Halo Nab 101: How not to play" series.

Well with braxzys recommendation i might keep them.

Ill get some type of fame.

BraXzy

So I've just watched the preview.. so from what I gather, Firefight is now more of a "match" with 5 rounds to win? Not sure I like that. I enjoyed the surviving see how far you can get aspect. We shall see how it plays in practice.

So I've just watched the preview.. so from what I gather, Firefight is now more of a "match" with 5 rounds to win? Not sure I like that. I enjoyed the surviving see how far you can get aspect. We shall see how it plays in practice.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing but at least it looks more fun than the Reach firefight, Halo 3 ODST remains as the best firefight experience IMO but Warzone Firefight doesn't look bad

Sounds like Prison of Elders from Destiny, but more fun cause of the power weapons and vehicles.

Unfortunately, I can already imagine the hundreds of "343 ruined firefight!!" comments all over twitch and forums.

EYEL1NER

Toight I teamed up with three other people for some Breakout matches and I hooked my mic up that came with the Xbone (I didn't even know if it worked, but it totally does). Just like I thought: I had fun with randoms but knew that it had to be a lot more fun with a team and people calling stuff out and it really was. We were getting matched against some good opponents though so we didn't win as much as the other guys were expecting I imagine (they were trying to get me ranked up from Bronze and I was doing alright, good enough for one guy to even say "You know what, you're pretty good with the DMR. Follow me and I'll make sure you get it," and I don't even think I am good with it, but two other matches I got zero kills). It was a lot of fun. Then they went into a couple customs maps that one of the guys used to use in his old clan; one was for trick/skill jumps, one was for target practice for grenades and log-range weapons, and so on.

I've still got a lot to learn but I did learn that playing with other people and not randoms is definitely the way to go. I mean, I suspected that, but I never took anyone up on offers to play because I thought either 'I'm fucking garbage and I don't wan't you guys to regret inviting me' or just 'I don't know any of these people and it seems like they are tight-knit.' The addition of the Spartan Companies to the in-game friends viewer though means people from my Spartan Company are adding me and messaging me, so I'll go with it.

It just felt good playing with people who 1) were communicating instead of remaining dead-silent( despite me being regularly guilty of it), 2) were watching my back and expecting me to watch theirs, and 3) know what they are doing. I felt pretty bad that my call outs suck and I couldn't follow their call outs that well (since I never it reacted with them before, there was a lot of "There's two guys ahead of me" and I wouldn't know which of the three was talking by their voice). I need to start partnering up with them more often and jumping on when people ITT ask if anyone wants to play, I guess. And I want to buy a decent headset now too (Thinking about the Turtle Beach X7... Reviews make them sound pretty decent for being a headset that is designed for the Xbone One and not for broad use).

Now to play a ton of Grifball and look for First Strikes. I think we are about 200 First Strikes from getting Achilles armor and one guy I was playing with seems confident that our SC will get by weekend's end.

BraXzy

Sounds like Prison of Elders from Destiny, but more fun cause of the power weapons and vehicles.

Unfortunately, I can already imagine the hundreds of "343 ruined firefight!!" comments all over twitch and forums.

I'm sure it'll be fun and I'm excited to try it, but I feel like the endless horde mode will be missed. You never know, they might do two versions. We shall see.

We streaming some warzone.

twitch.tv/prinzeugn

twitch.tv/yourexwife

I'm specifically using only common/uncommon weapons, armor mods, and reqs to make a point. Wish me luck.

Top Bottom