• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

I neeeeeeeeeeeed this! I'm sure G0SU does too *insert avatar quote*

922a37d3be6257954c4d9170c81dd498.png

Hurry braxzy photoshop mister chief!!!! :p

BraXzy

Post game medals tho

That's a point, I forgot that was mentioned in the first paragraph. Weird that there isn't a screenshot showing what it'll look like though. For something that lots of folks have been asking for, me included, you'd think it'd be front and centre.

343i said we'd receive 6 Warzone maps though. They may count Forge in the 18+ maps, but that still means we're missing 3 Warzone maps (Hogwild will probably have Darkstar Assault variant, so 2 left)

I'm trying to figure out what that weapon next to the brute plasma rifle is.

A rail gun maybe?

I'm thinking it's Jorge's chaingun and it probably grants you improved speed, damage, shielding, etc. There's a Legendary stance that roughly matches up with it.

Also, I doubt we're getting the Grenade Launcher, especially considering the updates to the Plasmacaster seem to be making it more like the GL to begin with.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hydra splash radius doubled. Might actually be useful at closer than 100yd now.

Selene’s Lance is going to be completely insane. I would have appreciated them dropping the charge time on normal Spartan Laser a bit.

Those ODST skins are hot.

I'm thinking it's Jorge's chaingun and it probably grants you improved speed, damage, shielding, etc. There's a Legendary stance that roughly matches up with it.

Also, I doubt we're getting the Grenade Launcher, especially considering the updates to the Plasmacaster seem to be making it more like the GL to begin with.

I can see it being his chaingun that would make sense.

RIP GL.

Nowise10

Past week and a half I've just been saving my REQ points for the Reach update. I need to be fully decked out in Reach gear, got around 190K currently, will probably get it too 300K by the Reach update comes out.

Just last night I got the Noble team emblem, took a lonnng time and was frustrating, but damn is it pretty. Plus it already has the Auntie Dot design!
2yYRZbs.png

blamite

Yeah, as nice as it is that there's been new content every month, the flow of new maps has been really disappointing. I almost miss the old model of 3-map packs every few months (although that's only better if Warzone Assault variants don't count as separate maps).

The Reach update isn't very exciting unfortunately since Stasis doesn't have a very interesting aesthetic, the Azure Dream skins aren't very nice looking, and all the other skins have already been released. And I don't really care about Infection, so :/ My excitement level rests entirely on the new legendary req being the Grenade Launcher.

I bet the Auntie Dot emblem has a cool Reach loading screen-style animation though.

TCKaos

16 silver pack items, fewer if you managed to get the weapon skins earlier. 40k worth of REQ points.

Also, lol at the Kills per Use data. How are people only getting 1-2 kills with Sword REQs? Even with the Prohpet's Bane? If I'm reading all of it properly it would appear as though players might get a kill for every other use of a Fuel Rod REQ card.

I wish we could get that breakdown for all of the REQs, or even of our own performance. It'd be a super neat metric to be able to check up on. I'm interested to see what the baseline data would be - y'know, AR/Pistol/BR/SMG/DMR kills per use, that way we would be able to see what REQs are actually consistently generally helpful.

I say the oni card is something out of the left field like a customizable pet/item/partner. Aka its bb and his voice over for warzone. Gg folks.

I'm guessing the Oni thing is a Falcon, they've previously acknowledged the absence of a UNSC air vehicle. Plus it would have a unique role from the banshee/phaeton.

Haha hahaha hahahahahahahaha

All we are getting is a remix.

Real classy.

While I think it would have been cool if they made a Warzone map in one of the various Reach aesthetics (mixed rooftop / building interior fighting in New Alexandria with Falcons scattered throughout the map pls), on the Arena front you really can't blame them for not wanting to bring any of those maps back.

THE ONI CARD IS ARMOR LOCK
bravo343 said:

343i exposed.
While I think it would have been cool if they made a Warzone map in one of the various Reach aesthetics (mixed rooftop / building interior fighting in New Alexandria with Falcons scattered throughout the map pls), on the Arena front you really can't blame them for not wanting to bring any of those maps back.

Exactly, Reach arena maps sucked, my favorite map in Reach was Countdown and that map isn't great. A WZ map with the Reach Spire would have been awesome though. I'm just surprised we got the Torque remix before The Rig/Coliseum.

So how about that top notch infographic, eh? Can't wait to use an "Assault Rifle" or the new "DMR"...

Like, does no one even look at the stuff before they send it off to Bravo?

Hey you guys remember when Torque was in Reach? ugh.

Why not something from Reach that might work in H5? Anchor 9 minus zero-G? Tempest? Highlands? Like, damn. So much hype for sooooooo little Reach :(

In non-Reach news, how did it take them this long to figure out that the Pool of Radiance was terrible? Pretty sure the community has known since Day 1.

EYEL1NER

Man, I don't think it has ever taken me this long to get my daily in Arean. Played two rounds of Super Fiesta, lost both. Played a round of Grifball but lost connection. Played two more rounds of Griball, even going 44K24D in that last one, but couldn't score or funnel my teammates through the openings I was making.
EDIT: Well fuck me, I'm done. Won the match and lose connection to servers. Just not my night.
EDIT2: It might have managed to record it as a win right before I got dumped because I've got a carnage report for it. Time to switch to WZ Turbo and net some SMG and DMR commendations.

Leyasu

Banned
The "few tidbits from reach" update is meagre because they have been working their arses off on real BTB maps for the hog-wild update......

Just wait

The "few tidbits from reach" update is meagre because they have been working their arses off on real BTB maps for the hog-wild update......

Just wait
There are 7 maps left, for the 15+ maps. The Rig,Coliseum and Tyrant remixes. Darkstar Assault, plus 2 more WZ maps. I doubt we'll see any Dev crafted BTB maps.

Top Bottom