• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Thanks guys. Downloading the maps now as they appeared on the Marketplace. My Live ran out a few days ago - should pick up some this weekend with CEA.

soulassssns said:
"The game will have a familiar control scheme, using two analog sticks for movement, rather than doing a drastic departure with, say, Kinect camera navigation, 343 Industries executives said. It may incorporate limited Kinect functions for throwing grenades or toggling settings using voice commands, like those in "Halo Anniversary," they said."

We must keep Frankie to this.

FyreWulff

Big ol' booo-urns to no Bungie logo in startup. Especially after they left Rare in the bootup to Perfect Dark XBLA and retained Nintendo's credits in Banjo Kazooie and Tooie XBLA.

Tunavi

Banned
Barrow Roll said:
First the map pack code to Tunavi, now this? Heckfu is a saint.
oh and he's buying me a beer when he moves to austin

I'll actually buy you one if you move here, heckfu

heckfu

Banned
I can't begin to describe how good that pistol feels, I doubt I'll be leaving Classic playlist anytime soon.

I just went 23-5 my first game on Beaver Creek. Me! And I suck!

Kibbles

Amazon order: In Transit. Awww yeaa 8) Time to get some sleep, got a class to attend, them back home hopefully to some HCEA

heckfu said:
I can't begin to describe how good that pistol feels, I doubt I'll be leaving Classic playlist anytime soon.

I just went 23-5 my first game on Beaver Creek. Me! And I suck!
lol, can't wait.

malfcn

Clay Davis said:
i will be buying this later but i don't have xbox live gold, so the maps will be useless to me. does anyone want the maps code?

Not sure when picking up, but I do have gold. Would like.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
FUCK. I had such a good idea for this Trailer/Montage thing and now I have to ditch that idea 50% into its implementation. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

At the Microsoft store launch event in Costa Mesa. Took some pictures, will post them later when I get home. The people playing in the tournament suck ass. Assault rifles everywhere. Wtf.

Ajemsuhgao said:
At the Microsoft store launch event in Costa Mesa. Took some pictures, will post them later when I get home. The people playing in the tournament suck ass. Assault rifles everywhere. Wtf.

Real men roll with a magnum and a sniper rifle. Or a magnum and a rocket launcher. Basically a magnum and anything BUT an assault rifle.

Karl2177

I started Halo and stopped around when you have a choice of the pods to rescue. I've already found 2 skulls and 2 terminals without having a guide(aside from the first terminal that everyone knew). They'd better get tougher as I go.

Nick_GTL said:
Anyone playing anniversary that has played halo before msg me saying neogaf and ill invite you, getting 31 kills in a ts is boring

GT: Heliish

I don't have Anniversary yet but I might add you anyway.

Why the hell did they straight bork the sniper reticle? It might as well be an AR reticle in Anniversary - no gameplay changes my ass. Fuck.

Please patch this. It's even broken in Classic mode. How did no tester point this out?

Havok

Syracuse022 said:
Why the hell did they straight bork the sniper reticle? It might as well be an AR reticle in Anniversary - no gameplay changes my ass. Fuck.
I was just going to come in and mention this. It looks hilariously out of place when compared to every other sniper in the series.

I've reached the middle of the second mission. I like what they've done overall, but there are a few spots where I think they kind of missed the point. The first hallway in the Pillar of Autumn with the Elites shooting at the crewmen was dark, which created this air of mystery because you couldn't quite make out the shadowy figures that were blasting these dudes with plasma (or at least, that's my recollection of it, I forgot to check back in Classic mode). Here, it's bright as day, with spotlights practically shining right on them. A few other spots have been like that too, with just too much illumination in contrast with what were fairly dark spots in the original. I'm going to reserve judgement (except that it's good so far), and it's probably not a big deal to anyone that's not a stupidly huge fan.

Pennybags

I did a playthrough of Combat Evolved this year, but I still manage to amaze myself with the things I don't remember about the campaign. I hit the Back button, just to think "whaa?".

Also, what the hell are DMRs doing in the Anniversary Classic playlist? lol

nofi

Havok said:
I was just going to come in and mention this. It looks hilariously out of place when compared to every other sniper in the series.

I've reached the middle of the second mission. I like what they've done overall, but there are a few spots where I think they kind of missed the point. The first hallway in the Pillar of Autumn with the Elites shooting at the crewmen was dark, which created this air of mystery because you couldn't quite make out the shadowy figures that were blasting these dudes with plasma (or at least, that's my recollection of it, I forgot to check back in Classic mode). Here, it's bright as day, with spotlights practically shining right on them. A few other spots have been like that too, with just too much illumination in contrast with what were fairly dark spots in the original. I'm going to reserve judgement (except that it's good so far), and it's probably not a big deal to anyone that's not a stupidly huge fan.

The new version is consistently brighter throughout. There are hardly any dark areas.

Sumebody

Neo Member
Just got back from midnight launch from the Microsoft store(Orange County). They took 5 dollars off for pre ordering, 25 dollars for showing up would be sent to your email account and another 25 dollars was given to you in a gift card once you received the game in store. I had a buddy get it first, use his gift card and he kept mine. Woot! Paid 12.70 for it :D.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
FyreWulff said:
Big ol' booo-urns to no Bungie logo in startup. Especially after they left Rare in the bootup to Perfect Dark XBLA and retained Nintendo's credits in Banjo Kazooie and Tooie XBLA.
It's not a sleight. Its some tedious legal thing. Full bungie credits are included and let me be clear and on the record: This is built entirely on Bungie's incredible talent and effort and imagination. Let there be ZERO doubt. Rare is still owned by Microsoft.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Domino Theory said:
Ugh, I get home from the midnight launch, have too much fun playing PoA and then my power brick breaks AGAIN. :(

You should march to that store tomorrow and be like yo, my fuckin power brick keeps breaking. I was here at the Halo launch last night. Help me?

FyreWulff

OuterWorldVoice said:
It's not a sleight. Its some tedious legal thing. Full bungie credits are included and let me be clear and on the record: This is built entirely on Bungie's incredible talent and effort and imagination. Let there be ZERO doubt. Rare is still owned by Microsoft.

I'm aware. It's still something of a 'daw' for me though.

Also, first time firing the sniper in Anniversary wearing headphones = HOLY SHIT, and then I got a 2x multiplier to my testosterone levels.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
FyreWulff said:
I'm aware. It's still something of a 'daw' for me though.
feels weird man. But we will all get nerd chills first time we see it roll up in front of an Activision logo.

NZNova

Fired this up tonight, cranked it up to Legendary and stepped out on Pillar of Autumn, promptly got fucked up and down the ship by Elites. First reaction: "Fuck yeah!"

Phonomezer said:
Forgot this was out now, how is it?

I'm just now on the Halo level.

So far...it's just like I remember it. The weapons feel amazing, the sound is awesome, the remastered music is perfect. Even the new easter eggs are good. And the Terminal was just..really, really interesting, and well done.

The only thing that I am really disappointed in is how Keyes looks. But I saw him for like two minutes, and I don't even care anymore. The rest of this game is absolutely astounding so far. I can't wait to see the later levels when things really open up. When I first saw this remake I was a little underwhelmed at the look of things, but seeing it in motion, and hearing/playing it is soooo much better.

So. Good. 343i definitely knows what they're doing. Halo is in damn good hands.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
My GOTY FFS!

387995_10100182163539665_6403382_46889255_409664228_n.jpg

Top Bottom