• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

heckfu

Banned
I said this in the other thread, too, but I'll be on around 1 am (CST) to play some MM. Also of note, I have six interviews tomorrow starting at 10 am. Time to rage.

malfcn

So you can earn cR in CEA, but not spend it? (Because it is on Reach, but doesn't have the Armory, right?

Aww..I don't like that it says I forfeited a challenge because I was experimenting.

An-Det

I got my shipping confirmation earlier, which made me realize that I can't party the game until friday, since I am currently 500 miles away for work. How cruel.

Dug

Banned
Cynar said:
So close, midnight launch is coming
I really wish I could get it on release day, but shit happens. That Master Chief avatar armour looked really cool too! (Don't judge me!)

malfcn

Does this game have avatar awards? Since the NXE launch it is barely supported. Wish more games had supported--oh free. Waypoint awards upgraded?

RdN

I don't know if it has been said before, but I really don't like the new Waypoint look. Everything looks blurry, in low definition.. Even text and the buttons on the bottom of the screen.

What's up with that?

RdN said:
I don't know if it has been said before, but I really don't like the new Waypoint look. Everything looks blurry, in low definition.. Even text and the buttons on the bottom of the screen.

What's up with that?
I'd imagine that's very temporary stuff. They seem to be making a few changes anyway at the moment anyway.

CyReN

This is one of the least talked about releases for a Halo game by far. Still doing the midnight though.

Happy Birthday Halo CE/Xbox, so many memories and friends made through you two.

jambo

U5cwNl.jpg

=D

Tunavi

Banned
CyReN said:
This is one of the least talked about releases for a Halo game by far. Still doing the midnight though.

Happy Birthday Halo CE/Xbox, so many memories and friends made through you two.
I think 343 wanted to give the fans a game, but they didn't want to market it down everyones throat, so when Halo 4 comes around, it will be more special. edit (and it will make the series feel less saturated, thats the word I was looking for)

And as awesome as it is, it's just a remake, there's not much to talk about and hype up about this release.

watership

I get the sense from some of the reivews that some don't think this remake is warranted. It just boggles my mind that some publishers have a dedicated business plan regarding remakes and this game is getting dinged for it.

Ramirez

watership said:
I get the sense from some of the reivews that some don't think this remake is warranted. It just boggles my mind that some publishers have a dedicated business plan regarding remakes and this game is getting dinged for it.

Hilarious considering this is like the only true remake I've seen any of these companies crap out.

Yet another midnight release I will be missing...

I missed 2004 because I was too young.

I missed 2007 because I was still too young.

I missed 2009 because I had the flu.

I missed 2010 because I had a test at 8am and couldn't justify doing mad on that major test.

I'm missing tonight because my Best Buy isn't opening...they said they thought they would be when I preordered, today I called and they said they didn't think they would open.

Homeboyd

Dax01 said:
UNCW. I got at back at about 12:30 and my roommate told me about it. Makes sense because I past by three cars at one of the entrances on my way back.
Do you guys have the text message emergency alert system?

Homeboyd

Dax01 said:
I think so but I'm not subscribed or anything. Most people got notifications in their emails I think.
Damn that's crazy.. Sorry I won't continue to derail the thread but keep us updated if you hear anything. Stay safe man

Blinding

So, the Anniversary gametypes have a feel that I wasn't expecting. The jump height just doesn't feel right, I was expecting it to be a bit more floaty then when it currently is. I don't know how I feel about the 3 shot pistol, as soon as you get shot from behind it's almost impossible to defend yourself. :\ The maps are absolutely amazing though, the art direction on every one is beyond impressive.

heckfu

Banned
Awesome Barlow said:
Yet another midnight release I will be missing...

I missed 2004 because I was too young.

I missed 2007 because I was still too young.

I missed 2009 because I had the flu.

I missed 2010 because I had a test at 8am and couldn't justify doing mad on that major test.

I'm missing tonight because my Best Buy isn't opening...they said they thought they would be when I preordered, today I called and they said they didn't think they would open.

dude, meet me at gamestop on greensprings. i'm about to leave.

jambo

malfcn said:
The slip cover looks sweet.

It's nice, and I didn't have to get a super limited special edition.

Also, for some reason the EB guy gave me a pre-order copy even though I just walked in today and bought it. I got the codes for the Reach map pack, the avatar suit and the skull bonus.

malfcn

jambo said:
It's nice, and I didn't have to get a super limited special edition.

Also, for some reason the EB guy gave me a pre-order copy even though I just walked in today and bought it. I got the codes for the Reach map pack, the avatar suit and the skull bonus.

Isn't all that stuff packed in all copies?

Hypertrooper said:
The code should be in every copy of the game, the Master Chief avatar suit and Grunt skull should be in every first press copy of the game I think.
I thought that was a Gamestop/EB exclusive in North America?

jambo

malfcn said:
Isn't all that stuff packed in all copies?

I wasn't sure, but I just double checked the code pages and the avatar and skull one mentions pre-ordering, whilst the Reach map pack one does not.

Hellish

Anyone playing anniversary that has played halo before msg me saying neogaf and ill invite you, getting 31 kills in a ts is boring

GT: Heliish

Top Bottom