• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

nofi said:
Crap?

I'm looking at the ground in T&R, moving sideways. If I fire and reload it's clear (to me) that the reload animation is at half the frame rate than the floor moving.

Still, whatever.

Edit: wait, I'm being a dick. Swapped over HDMI cables yesterday and the TV was on the wrong settings.

Sorry. =(

Yeah, the animations are definitely the same FPS as movement. I played some Halo PC the other day and the difference between 30FPS animations and 60FPS (V-sync) elsewhere is very obvious.

Random feedback I forgot to mention earlier: I really like the touching up of the cutscene animations, they fit in very well IMHO. Good job 343i dudes!

Zeal

Banned
JB1981 said:
what happened to your stream mayne.
Yeah, sorry about that. I am battling an annoying as hell head cold right now and trying to watch TV in general is causing a lotta pressure behind the eyes.

Gonna sleep this off then come back and rock some Halo Anniversary tomorrow. Thanks for dropping by and hanging out with us.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Anyone else having an issue running halo.xbox.com now with the new update? A lot of things seem chopped off and when I log in, everything chugs and I can't click the "custom challenges" icon to make challenges. :/

nofi

Photolysis said:
Yeah, the animations are definitely the same FPS as movement. I played some Halo PC the other day and the difference between 30FPS animations and 60FPS (V-sync) elsewhere is very obvious.

Well don't I feel like a dickhead. Seriously, sorry everyone. Game is absolutely 30fps.

darthbob

Domino Theory said:
Anyone else having an issue running halo.xbox.com now with the new update? A lot of things seem chopped off and when I log in, everything chugs and I can't click the "custom challenges" icon to make challenges. :/

Looks like the site is having some mild stability issues. Live ID authentication seems to be down.

scarybore

Photolysis said:
Oh and this stuff about the FPS going above 30 is a bunch of crap. Game is maxed at 30, generally plays at 28-30 FPS (in my opinion), with a couple of parts where a drop is noticeable.

Yeah looks like 30, overall it performs pretty much like the original did if you ask me which is what I expected. I do seem to be seeing quite a lot of texture loading which is rather disappointing, very noticeable if I take a few steps away from a warthog and then turn around.

I did just find my first skull and terminal on Truth and Reconciliation and thought it was great, very nice addition to the game so 343 have done a good job there.

GhaleonEB

Domino Theory said:
That's my issue now as well. It worked briefly when I tried that one, but since then when I try to click on one of the drop-down sections such as Challenges, that section widens but the link disappears. It's like chasing something that vanishes when I try to click on it.

My work PC is on an old, custom version of IE7, but even so, the website is pretty messed up for me. That interactive CEA guide Dani posted is a giant mess of overlapping text.

I'll check it again tonight from home.

Deathcraze said:
I do seem to be seeing quite a lot of texture loading which is rather disappointing, very noticeable if I take a few steps away from a warthog and then turn around.

Seen it a few times but it doesn't occur too often for me. Are you playing from the HDD like me?

I only noticed it being a significant problem in the engine room on The Maw. For some reason the vent covers were constantly untextured for 5-10 seconds before finally loading it, and it happened repeatedly.

feel

So is everyone redeeming their Reach map pack codes immediately even if they don't plan on touching Reach at least for a week if not much more?? C'mon, be lovely and let me borrow that Reach code, you will get it back tomorrow!

scarybore

Photolysis said:
Seen it a few times but it doesn't occur too often for me. Are you playing from the HDD like me?

I only noticed it being a significant problem in the engine room on The Maw. For some reason the vent covers were constantly untextured for 5-10 seconds before finally loading it, and it happened repeatedly.

Yeah from the hard drive, it's nowhere near as bad as Halo 2 was from what little I've seen (I'm up to Silent Cartographer, which I'm sure dark10x is gonna love the framerate outdoors) but it's certainly there.

Letters said:
So is everyone redeeming their Reach map pack codes immediately even if they don't plan on touching Reach at least for a week if not much more?? C'mon, be lovely and let me borrow that Reach code, you will get it back tomorrow!
Are you getting it on the 15th? If I already had the game I'd give you mine. I won't be able to play for a while.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Letters said:

Once GameStop sells the individual codes for the Anniversary DLC, I'll be buying a couple and giving them away here and there like I always do. :)

Homeboyd

Letters said:
I'm getting my code tomorrow afterall, I just wanted to play tonight. :p

Good stuff Domino, as usual. :)
Yeah same here. If I come across someone who has a couple in my quests to play tonight, I'll grab one for you as well.

*plays swat magnums on Swordbase*

EFF.

Homeboyd

Karl2177 said:
I wasn't able to party up with you for some reason. That's why I'm curious, as for wulffy I don't know.
Connection has been shitty all day. Servers keep saying they're down for me after every match. Usually waiting a few min or so will fix it... but it's been off all day.

Probably because I don't have the new maps. Yeah, that's gotta be it.

789shadow

Banned
Um, so, I can't play Team Slayer on Reach, and all the other types say I don't have the recommended DLC. I don't think the damn maps are out yet, because they are NOWHERE on the Dashboard or Game Marketplace. The Anniversary playlists are up, though, and people are playing them, so WTF is going on?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
789shadow said:
Um, so, I can't play Team Slayer on Reach, and all the other types say I don't have the recommended DLC. I don't think the damn maps are out yet, because they are NOWHERE on the Dashboard or Game Marketplace. The Anniversary playlists are up, though, and people are playing them, so WTF is going on?
You can play the Anniversary maps and playlists through the Anniversary disc already.

MrBig

I'll be going to Best Buy tomorrow and getting my measly $5 back while you guys are playing :(
My grades will thank me though
789shadow said:
There is no problem, besides with Bungie adding in that message. You can play any playlist you want beside the playlists in the DLC section.

Deathcraze said:
Yeah from the hard drive, it's nowhere near as bad as Halo 2 was from what little I've seen (I'm up to Silent Cartographer, which I'm sure dark10x is gonna love the framerate outdoors) but it's certainly there.

Is it so bad?

ElRenoRaven

Interesting. When did Amazon open a distribution center in OKC? The first scans for my copy are originating in OKC. They used to come from Kansas. Just knowing my copy is 30 mins away makes me want to go on a rescue mission. lol

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Domino Theory said:
Once GameStop sells the individual codes for the Anniversary DLC, I'll be buying a couple and giving them away here and there like I always do. :)
What a boss.

feel

S1kkZ said:
in new graphics mode only.
Really? This pleases me.

edit- I mean, of course it doesn't please me, but it makes it better that it's not so bad in original mode at least, that's what I meant

v I don't remember ever having issues with the original's framerate so I don't mind

ElRenoRaven

Kibbles said:
Amazon has said "Shipping Soon" all day :( I better get this tomorrow...

You will. You'll find that half the time it will say that till like 1AM and then it'll be shipped. Out of all the times I've ordered with release date shipping, it's always arrived the day it was supposed to thanks to them overnighting them.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Getting a wall mount so I can play while recovering from head and foot injuries. Having my Xbox account hacked and getting hit by a car isn't going to stop this from happening, Halo gods!

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Kibbles said:
Amazon has said "Shipping Soon" all day :( I better get this tomorrow...

Don't worry about Amazon. Whether they ship late at night or tell you they shipped it late at night, it'll arrive on its release. They lag a lot when it comes to communicating the exact moment they shipped an item. I didn't get the shipped email for Skyrim and Modern Warfare 3 until 9pm at night, but I got it for Saints Row: The Third this morning.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
FateBreaker said:
You need to teach me how to be a boss with the sniper like you were haha.
Well I have Frankie booked for the next 2 weeks and then I'm free. He was saying somethin about franchise director somethin somethin bad at Halo. I don't know. Thinking about giving a series of seminars at 343 :p

Dug

Banned
Domino Theory said:
I think I might have to back out of this giveaway ,just because you already gave me 2 codes for other Halo Reach DLC anyways. :p (Does anyone know how much the Map Pack will cost and when it will be available?)

EDIT: Ah $15, I see. Really cool they release it on the same day it comes out, good on them.

Domino Theory said:
Don't worry about Amazon. Whether they ship late at night or tell you they shipped it late at night, it'll arrive on its release. They lag a lot when it comes to communicating the exact moment they shipped an item. I didn't get the shipped email for Skyrim and Modern Warfare 3 until 9pm at night, but I got it for Saints Row: The Third this morning.

Mine finally said shipped a few minutes ago. It has left the shipping facility.

Dug said:
I think I might have to back out of this giveaway ,just because you already gave me 2 codes for other Halo Reach DLC anyways. :p (Does anyone know how much the Map Pack will cost and when it will be available?)

$15 (1200msp), should be going up tomorrow

Top Bottom