• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Impala26

Two options:
1-Use a capture card (you can of course send the replay file to someone else who has a capture card).
2-Doable by yourself with a USB stick (for Halo 3) or without needing one (for Reach and 4): frame-by-frame screenshot the clip in replay mode and extract the images. The upshot is that you get downsampled-from-4K 1080p (albeit jpeg'd) (and no motion blur) footage of the games, the downside is that it's a pain in the ass.

Kind of what I thought, a bit complicated. I'll look into it though. If there was one "pie-in-the-sky" type feature I'd like out of future Halo titles it would be to at least somehow better integrate the Xbox infrastructure with PC/internet in ways like this.

I don't see having 4 as a problem; they allowed players to use them as a versatile tool rather than sparingly. The reason it worked though is because you could avoid poorly thrown grenades much easier than you can in later games due to how the detonation timer worked.
Yeah I didn't have an issue with it because you only spawn with 2 frags anyway, but I know how people love to complain about them. It's the same reason I wouldn't mind testing the CE Pistol as a 4sk, especially if that improved its chances to appear in Halo 5.
There's no chance

Tawpgun

And now Ramirez's last post disappeared... WTF?
Seriously, why was that removed?
I'll admit while not nude nobles pic was a liiiiittle suggestive.

Though I'd prefer mods would post or pm their reasoning instead of just deleting posts with no explanation

Impala26

PM a Mod if you really care, otherwise let it go.

I will, and I can understand why Noble's post was removed, but all Ramirez posted was a little jab at the mods. His post being removed just came off as overbearing to me is all.

But whatevs, no skin off my nose or whatnot...

Karl2177

Though I'd prefer mods would post or pm their reasoning instead of just deleting posts with no explanation
Please don't talk about moderation. They can't handle the stress of being publicly questioned about their decisions. Keep this quiet but, I did hear that they go to decision making classes with the Pac-12, Big 12, and NFL replacement refs.

Ramirez

I will, and I can understand why Noble's post was removed, but all Ramirez posted was a little jab at the mods. His post being removed just came off as overbearing to me is all.

But whatevs, no skin off my nose or whatnot...

Whoops

I didn't even see the pic, but after seeing it, I realized Babby Tawp is a doofus.

GhaleonEB

Howdy.

The post with the boobs was deleted both because it was a little (okay more than a little) suggestive/revealing and because posts like that have a tendency to derail threads. (And often, these threads.) (I was also at lunch in the work café and that was a decidedly NSFW image to have show up in the Halo thread. Context matters.)

The following posts were deleted because they were questioning moderation action, which is explicitly against the ToS:

All decisions with regards to thread closure and movement, permanent and temporary bans, membership, and any other relevant issues are made by the NeoGAF administration alone and are final. That being said, constructive criticisms and suggestions are welcome, provided they are directed to NeoGAF Administration via e-mail, here. Do not dispute administrative policy or action within the forum itself.
I didn't make a post like this explaining not to talk about moderator actions in the forum after because I did that just yesterday regarding Stinkles' ban and hoped the hint would b taken.

If you see a post disappear, or a person banned, or a thread locked, and you really want to know what's up, PM someone on the mod team. We are generally pretty open/honest/accessible but have a strong bias toward keeping moderation discussion out of the forum as it's a perpetual downward spiral if we don't cut it off at the head. What you should not do is post exclamations of dismay and "Plz understand", question the soundless of said deletion. That is again, explicitly against the ToS. Please just end it. Feel free to PM me for any further discussion on the topic. :)

Impala26

stop posting titty

Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT 21| Stop Posting Titty

Howdy.

The post with the boobs was deleted both because it was a little (okay more than a little) suggestive/revealing and because posts like that have a tendency to derail threads. (And often, these threads.) (I was also at lunch in the work café and that was a decidedly NSFW image to have show up in the Halo thread. Context matters.)

The following posts were deleted because they were questioning moderation action, which is explicitly against the ToS:

I didn't make a post like this explaining not to talk about moderator actions in the forum after because I did that just yesterday regarding Stinkles' ban and hoped the hint would be taken.

If you see a post disappear, or a person banned, or a thread locked, and you really want to know what's up, PM someone on the mod team. We are generally pretty open/honest/accessible but have a strong bias toward keeping moderation discussion out of the forum as it's a perpetual downward spiral if we don't cut it off at the head. What you should not do is post exclamations of dismay and "Plz understand", question the soundless of said deletion. That is again, explicitly against the ToS. Please just end it. Feel free to PM me for any further discussion on the topic. :)

Alrighty. Didn't know this explicit info regarding the ToS. I think we all appreciate the clarification.

Liking motion tracker should be a bannable offense IMO. The Halo fanbase needs to grow up and it could start with HaloGAF.

Think of the children.

Tawpgun

Howdy.

I didn't make a post like this explaining not to talk about moderator actions in the forum after because I did that just yesterday regarding Stinkles' ban and hoped the hint would b taken.

No probs thanks for input.

Sephzilla

I know it's a little late for any more OT thread name suggestions but I just randomly thought of this one and thought it worked because of all of the past content that's in MCC plus the Halo 5 beta.

Halo The Master Chief Collection |OT| I Know You; Your Past, Your Future

And since I randomly thought of it today that probably means someone beat me to it like 30 pages ago

Best PhotoShop gets a Halo swag package delivered. And go!

I call it, "Crust and Echoes."

JNyCZJA.jpg

AlStrong

I know it's a little late for any more OT thread name suggestions but I just randomly thought of this one and thought it worked because of all of the past content that's in MCC plus the Halo 5 beta.

And since I randomly thought of it today that probably means someone beat me to it like 30 pages ago

Ya know, I kinda figured these 4 games were more of a Cortana Collection given what happens. I mean, after 5 releases, MCC could be considered incomplete.

Master Chief is not in Halo 5

/pedantic

:p

darthbob

Ya know, I kinda figured these 4 games were more of a Cortana Collection given what happens. I mean, after 5 releases, MCC could be considered incomplete.

Master Chief is not in Halo 5

/pedantic

:p

Once H5 launches it may be possible to incorporate a launcher into MCC.

That would be nice.

MouldyK

Oh...

Page 366 of previous HaloGaf Thread:

Halo: TMCC |OT| I Know You; Your Past, Your Future.

Most relevant I can come up with since I liked that announcement trailer for Halo 3.

So like 151 pages ago (126 from this thread + 25 from pages before the end of the last thread).

Damn...
Way better than the one that was voted on... oh well...

WHERE WERE YOU ON THE 9th of October to reply to mine and get it noticed? TT_TT

Sephzilla

People who hate motion tracker = people who like running around everywhere being all loud and noisey and don't want to be punished for it at all.

You scrubs probably like sprint too

;)

Page 366 of previous HaloGaf Thread.

Damn and here I thought I was clever

People who hate motion tracker = people who like running around everywhere being all loud and noisey and don't want to be punished for it at all.

You scrubs probably like sprint too

;)
CE + Thrusters probably would've been badass, but not sprint. Faster walking speed + default Thrusters + unique weapon sandbox + potentially fast kill times if skilled/consistent enough = Truth.

CliQ

Just wanted to add here that when people played halo CE over Gamespy and XBC they used to call radar GAYDAR.

I still dislike radar and think it promotes camping more than if it was off. With radar off you can play a little more aggressive and not be in fear of a guy camping with rockets watching motion trackers.

Of course there is a counter argument to this which really means there are two type of halo players when it comes to radar.

Typing on phones is hard...

Just wanted to add here that when people played halo CE over Gamespy and XBC they used to call radar GAYDAR.

I still dislike radar and think it promotes camping more than if it was off. With radar off you can play a little more aggressive and not be in fear of a guy camping with rockets watching motion trackers.

Of course there is a counter argument to this which really means there are two type of halo players when it comes to radar.

Typing on phones is hard...

So your actual opening argument here is that RADAR is GAYDAR.

Top Bottom