• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Booshka

I guess since we're posting Halo: CE and how awesome it was here's a very old montage that speaks to a few of the skill moves you could do as well as just how deadly one person can be in CE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNTnIwLtHF4

This is a major reason why Halo CE is far and away the best Halo for skill based play and execution. One player can make some serious plays and out shoot/play people like no other Halo. That's what the series needs to get back to, the potential for high lethality via a high skill gap and balanced sandbox.

-Ryn

Banned
So I've gone back to play a little Halo 4, and I saw I don't have the Sight Seeing achievement:

So apparently I only need to play on DayBreak, Outcast, and Perdition once. I have the DLC. Most of the playlists say these maps are theoretically in them, but after 20+ games I've only seen non-DLC maps.

Is there a surefire way to play DLC maps online?
lol without a full party? Nope.

CE is the only game where you'll find clips of 3sk's in montages. You wouldn't see 4sk's as being highlights in a Halo 2 or 3 montage lol. The beauty of this collection is that we can make montages that are of decent quality compared to the toasters of back then.

Madness

CE is the only game where you'll find clips of 3sk's in montages. You wouldn't see 4sk's as being highlights in a Halo 2 or 3 montage lol. The beauty of this collection is that we can make montages that are of decent quality compared to the toasters of back then.

Not only just the montages but having "some form" of CE at 1080p/60fps will allow for so many things like comparison vids, weapon analysis, movement and how it impacts game play. You can barely find any proper CE clips anymore. Now it'll take you like 5 seconds to record high quality clips of some great game play. I only wish this stuff existed back then. I think I recorded matches with my cousin in 2001 using a Sony Hi-8 camcorder sitting on table zoomed into television lol.

Mix

and in another 15 years, we'll be saying the same thing again.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I guess what I'm trying to get at is... does 343i regard Escalation as canon?

Escalation is canon.

The games are designed so that story is self contained, at least in theory. Halo 5 won't require you to know about Chief and Blue Team with a Monitor fighting Didact on a Halo. Easter eggs and such may reference the extended fiction, but the core experience is to have a player relate to the events that they see as they play.

One of the major failing of Halo 4 in my opinion is that the motivation and justification of the Didact and his actions and plans is much more well fleshed out in the books, to the point where in the game there's pretty much no real explanation at all. I'm confident 343 have read that feedback loud and clear.

If I'm wrong, correct me please.

Mix

Escalation is canon.

The games are designed so that story is self contained, at least in theory. Halo 5 won't require you to know about Chief and Blue Team with a Monitor fighting Didact on a Halo. Easter eggs and such may reference the extended fiction, but the core experience is to have a player relate to the events that they see as they play.

One of the major failing of Halo 4 in my opinion is that the motivation and justification of the Didact and his actions and plans is much more well fleshed out in the books, to the point where in the game there's pretty much no real explanation at all. I'm confident 343 have read that feedback loud and clear.

If I'm wrong, correct me please.

I meant to respond to the OP but forgot to. Frankie commented on it only a month after that issue was released, of course they're not going to spoil something after it's been out for that long, that's borderline idiotic to do. So, he play's dumb, says "we'll see" and brushes it off for fans to find out. It may also be something we find out in Halo 5:G but right now, the general public doesn't know that MC knows of other Spartan II's.

So, did anyone see this/was it already posted?
fO2pcKi.png

Again, I meant to post it earlier and forgot. I wonder what the surprise is? Maybe Halo 5 footage?????
Totally reaching with that one. It'll probably be something like the intro cinematic or something.

RoKKeR

Interested to see stuff about the ranks. And the surprise... what could the surprise be? Can't think of anything but Halo 5 but I'm way too hopeful.

I meant to respond to the OP but forgot to. Frankie commented on it only a month after that issue was released, of course they're not going to spoil something after it's been out for that long, that's borderline idiotic to do. So, he play's dumb, says "we'll see" and brushes it off for fans to find out. It may also be something we find out in Halo 5:G but right now, the general public doesn't know that MC knows of other Spartan II's.

fO2pcKi.png

Again, I meant to post it earlier and forgot. I wonder what the surprise is? Maybe Halo 5 footage?????
Totally reaching with that one. It'll probably be something like the intro cinematic or something.

Posted on the last page, yeah. My money's on either H5 footage, Forge, or some sort of sneak peek at the documentary/bookend cinematic.

fO2pcKi.png

I don't think we'll be seeing any Halo 5 footage until the "premier" on the 10th. During the live stream they confirmed that they will be showing Forge on First, so that means we have one unknown day, I wonder if that is supposed to be the surprise or if Forge is even though they said it on the stream.

CliQ

This is a major reason why Halo CE is far and away the best Halo for skill based play and execution. One player can make some serious plays and out shoot/play people like no other Halo. That's what the series needs to get back to, the potential for high lethality via a high skill gap and balanced sandbox.

You said it man. I think a lot of the people that never got to play Halo: CE on a competitive level are going to be in for a surprise. It really is drastically different from Halo 2. There is no mercy in Halo: CE only death.

darthbob

By far my most favorite Bungie-era quote. Just a shame it came from the Reach dev cycle. I won't say I hated the game, but it definitely ranks below any other with me for some reason, idk why, just didn't like it much.

Reach ranks higher than 4 for me, but I see where you're coming from.

-Ryn

Banned
The good news is that, because it feels so fair, getting stomped on in CE isn't so frustrating. Usually.
It's kinda like Dark Souls to me. I can deal with it because I know it was my own fault. I can learn from it and improve. If it's because of bullshit, I can't do anything about that except say it's bullshit.

Is there any way to know if my TMCC is corrupted? Under My Games & Apps it shows up as "Preordered" and brings me to the store where it says "Play it 11/11." I wanted to make sure there's nothing off since there was word of files getting corrupted if downloaded with the Xbox One off.

Mix

Is there any way to know if my TMCC is corrupted? Under My Games & Apps it shows up as "Preordered" and brings me to the store where it says "Play it 11/11." I wanted to make sure there's nothing off since there was word of files getting corrupted if downloaded with the Xbox One off.

Don't know if it'll actually do anything, but completely shut your xbox down and reboot it and see what it says.

Onikaan

Happened to Kittens I think. But it only seems to set your download back a chunk. Should be good if you're 100%. Did you download It in stand by?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I remember when we fought on twitter :3
That was stupid, lol.

Happened to Kittens I think. But it only seems to set your download back a chunk. Should be good if you're 100%. Did you download It in stand by?
My download just kept resetting. It regressed back to around 30% several times. I eventually just left my Xbox on all day, and that did the trick. Apparently putting the console into standby is part of the issue that's been going around.

RoKKeR

I notified the image for the MCC in the My Games and Apps folder was missing today...

Then again so was my background image so my Xbox was sort of having a fuck up streak. I'll check it again tomorrow.

Karl2177

For all none of you that care, I finished up the final part in the Feature Set series. I think I already have all the pictures I need for it too. Gonna proofread it tomorrow and probably post it either tomorrow evening or the day after.

danwarb

I notified the image for the MCC in the My Games and Apps folder was missing today...

Then again so was my background image so my Xbox was sort of having a fuck up streak. I'll check it again tomorrow.

Yes, the image is missing now. I tried to copy it for someone to save them the download. It seems preloads are immovable.

fO2pcKi.png

Suprise?

Hm. Terminal videos? Halo 5 beta gameplay? H2 Forge? Halo Nighfall sneak peak?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Out of all the remastered maps, Ascension makes the least sense to me.
I straight up dislike that map. There's nothing good about it. There are worse maps of course, but how it passed as a remake selection is beyond me.

-Ryn

Banned
For all none of you that care, I finished up the final part in the Feature Set series. I think I already have all the pictures I need for it too. Gonna proofread it tomorrow and probably post it either tomorrow evening or the day after.
What's Feature Set?

Top Bottom