• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

What is everyone doing to cope with the wait? Ive been messing around with sunset overdrive, smash 3ds & just busy with studying ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

SSfQC.png

emot-911.gif

I don't get it. are they using jetpacks?

Japarican

Banned
What is everyone doing to cope with the wait? Ive been messing around with sunset overdrive, smash 3ds & just busy with studying ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

Sunset OD took a good 4 days instantly, and I thought CoD would do it too, but I'm ready to trade it in to pay off Halo. Also studying, I have a test the same week as halo on Friday, but I've only studied for 3 hours, I keep procastinating though and I don't want to waste any time on studying when Halo is out.

Fuchsdh

Having a job that requires 60 hour workweeks to crunch in time for conference season will solve that waiting problem for you :)

My white beauty arrives tomorrow, and I'll only have time to plug it in and look at it until next week. Le sigh.

Madness

I sold my Sunset digital code, so all I can play now is Ryse and some demos. Rest is just spent waiting on MCC launch, reading up on it, watching those reviewers stream a bit.

Very interesting pass times ( ¯◡◡¯ ) Anyone who wants to add a long time halo fan please PM me! It will be very interesting to hear the cries of people who are not used to playing real halo.

I am really hoping there are some 343 forge makes in H2A match making like beaver creek, Midship & more. Has 343 said yet if there was any planned or in? I feel like dlc isnt going to happen for H2A.

Oh! I keep hearing about people streaming halo 5 or something related to H5 MP coming up before the beta. What is that?

I sold my Sunset digital code, so all I can play now is Ryse and some demos. Rest is just spent waiting on MCC launch, reading up on it, watching those reviewers stream a bit.

You chose... poorly.

Anyway, I'm mostly studying, tooling around with Sunset Overdrive (gotta get those golds!), and studying some more.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I like the XB1 gamer pics! There's lots of cool ones. I was pleasantly surprised.

The wait is going by pretty fast for me, actually. It felt like just yesterday every Halo fan twitter was posting THREE WEEKS images. Destiny kinda killed my interest in gaming, plus I've been busy with work, side projects, friends, and a new girlfriend
stealth brag
. Right now I can't imagine opting to play video games over everything else I could do, but if any game is gonna pull me in, it'll be Halo.

Madness

Very interesting pass times ( ¯◡◡¯ ) Anyone who wants to add a long time halo fan please PM me! It will be very interesting to hear the cries of people who are not used to playing real halo.

I am really hoping there are some 343 forge makes in H2A match making like beaver creek, Midship & more. Has 343 said yet if there was any planned or in? I feel like dlc isnt going to happen for H2A.

Oh! I keep hearing about people streaming halo 5 or something related to H5 MP coming up before the beta. What is that?

Did you see the Forge reveal for Halo 2 Anniversary? Supposedly they had recreated Battle Creek/Beaver Creek in Forge already for us. So I'd imagine that will be added to matchmaking pretty quick.

Halo 5 MP comes on the 10th I think, or Halofest? Not entirely certain.

You chose... poorly.

Anyway, I'm mostly studying, tooling around with Sunset Overdrive (gotta get those golds!), and studying some more.

Yeah, but I didn't really want digital yet, plus I knew if I could just hold off for a week or two, I'd have MCC to lead me into holidays. Don't play as much as I used to. Will probably rebuy the game physically maybe in January.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Your avatar is quite amazing. I laugh every time I am scrolling through this thread lol Why are you crying into the textbooks? nothing to do during the wait? or your studying consumes everything so that's all you can do in the wait.

I'm a failure of a student, and so I console myself by hugging the hundreds of dollars in worthless paper I've purchased.

Japarican

Banned
I'm a failure of a student, and so I console myself by hugging the hundreds of dollars in worthless paper I've purchased.

Rip a page out, kick an ant hill, let the fire ants swarm the paper, light the paper.
5oCh92O.png

I only made that comment because I recently had fire ants all over my outside walls and porch so I had to get rid of them and earn about 2000 killamanjaro medals. I did not use fire

Real talk though, rent the books from Chegg. That's what I do

I have seen the forge reveal & I was blown away at the beaver creek just hanging out over there hidden. I was just wondering if 343 at all confirmed anything about getting it into matchmaking with others :)

CE, 2 & 2A will probably be all the MP i ever play. I honestly cant stand the jarring transition to 3's really weird aiming feel. its like someone tied bricks to the end of the weapon your holding when you swing it around it just feels wrong compared to every other halo. I also never liked the bullet travel / netcode overall in 3. very frustrating br fights & blood shots online =( I loved a lot of 3's maps but the core gunplay / movement is just frustrating.

I'm sure I don't have to talk about why I wont be playing any H4 MP in this collection =P

Who else is crazy excited to play CE online for the first time? I never got halo pc so i never played CE outside of lan @.@

Speaking of forge, who else liked the Onyx map that was pretty popular in competitive H4 before it died? I think it was in a few playlists, too. The Midship inspired map.

I loved that forge map. it was very remembering of Midship :D Cant get enough of the best maps halo' has to offer even if they are spiritual successors.

belushy

Banned
Speaking of forge, who else liked the Onyx map that was pretty popular in competitive H4 before it died? I think it was in a few playlists, too. The Midship inspired map.

edit: What, aPK in a Beyond video?

Onyx Forge Feature

We got a review copy of MCC, and we're working on a slew of content that'll be within the scope of the embargo, yet have some neat stuff I don't think anyone else has done.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Somebody send Gui an X1 w/ MCC and 1yr XBL. Get him back in the mix.
I've offered to throw down a few dollars towards helping people here get XB1s in the past, and I'd definitely do it for Gui. Halo wouldn't be the same without you scrubs.

IHaveIce

Banned
What's Frank doin'? I feel so out of the loop lately. :/
He tweeted Gui and said he totally should contact him
I've offered to throw down a few dollars towards helping people here get XB1s in the past, and I'd definitely do it for Gui. Halo wouldn't be the same without you scrubs.
Absolutely. I would throw down 50€, we only need to be like 10 persons doing this and he would get one

darthbob

He tweeted Gui and said he totally should contact him

Just went back a few pages and saw what was going on.

If he's reading this, just wanna let him know that I've been down that road a few times in my life (a few times this year even) and to try and remember that people care about you even when it feels like no one does.

Hope Frank can help him out somehow.

Japarican

Banned
Does anyone know if downloading the game from a friend's account would have the game downloaded that way my hardcopy would be ready to go on launch? I hate how we can't pre-download it unless we're digital

Top Bottom