• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

gAg CruSh3r

Does anyone know if downloading the game from a friend's account would have the game downloaded that way my hardcopy would be ready to go on launch? I hate how we can't pre-download it unless we're digital

I'm actually trying this out with my one close friend. I was able to download the game and everything just fine. It should work. Since I'm not the rightful owner of the digital download it will ask for me to insert the phisical disk which I will have at midnight next week.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The increased friend list limit on the XB1 is gonna make the MCC active roster interesting. I wonder if there's a limit to how many people it displays.

I can't wait to see everyone online again. I'm sure there'll be multiple lobbies going at any given moment in the first few weeks, lol.

The increased friend list limit on the XB1 is gonna make the MCC active roster interesting. I wonder if there's a limit to how many people it displays.

I can't wait to see everyone online again. I'm sure there'll be multiple lobbies going at any given moment in the first few weeks, lol.

I'm going to beat you up in MCC. You never told me which MP you wanted to play the most when I asked you last month(or month before cant remember) (°□°)

CyReN

Speaking of forge, who else liked the Onyx map that was pretty popular in competitive H4 before it died? I think it was in a few playlists, too. The Midship inspired map.

edit: What, aPK in a Beyond video?

Onyx Forge Feature

aPK did a lot of great Forge stuff with us, can't wait to see what him and others do in MCC.

I loved the map personally, always remember that amazing Roy match at AGL when he went off on it.

tootsi666

CE, 2 & 2A will probably be all the MP i ever play. I honestly cant stand the jarring transition to 3's really weird aiming feel. its like someone tied bricks to the end of the weapon your holding when you swing it around it just feels wrong compared to every other halo. I also never liked the bullet travel / netcode overall in 3. very frustrating br fights & blood shots online =( I loved a lot of 3's maps but the core gunplay / movement is just frustrating.
In my limited playtime Halo 3 in MCC didn't feel weird. It was almost like they standardized aiming sensitivity across all games. I could be wrong though.

In my limited playtime Halo 3 in MCC didn't feel weird. It was almost like they standardized aiming sensitivity across all games. I could be wrong though.

I will bet the 60 fps had something to do with it feeling "smoother" or maybe you have played halo 3 in recent times. I definitely dont think they adjusted the aiming code for any of the games but if they did that would wildly change my opinion of 3.

But if its the same, I really have no urge to play it. I put in sooo many hours of 3 but I cant really go back to the bullet travel / weird aiming feel of it T-T

The weird aim pretty much only goes away on super low delay screens. Tried playing on a friends TV and it felt like aiming in squares due to low aim assist.

Sadly this is a problem that costs money to fix :(

I have a very low delay tv. Must just be psychological on my end if it really is a matter of what tv you're on haha. Makes no sense how 1, 2, reach & 4 have little to no adjustment time for me but 3 feels absolutely awful in things like simply moving the look pitch around.

wwm0nkey

I will bet the 60 fps had something to do with it feeling "smoother" or maybe you have played halo 3 in recent times. I definitely dont think they adjusted the aiming code for any of the games but if they did that would wildly change my opinion of 3.

But if its the same, I really have no urge to play it. I put in sooo many hours of 3 but I cant really go back to the bullet travel / weird aiming feel of it T-T
The weird aim pretty much only goes away on super low delay screens. Tried playing on a friends TV and it felt like aiming in squares due to low aim assist.

Sadly this is a problem that costs money to fix :(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to beat you up in MCC. You never told me which MP you wanted to play the most when I asked you last month(or month before cant remember) (°□°)
Must've missed that, lol. I'm looking most forward to H2A and CE, personally. H2A looks amazing, and I've always wanted to get some more time in with CE MP. I'm also really excited for Halo 2 for all those amazing maps, and Halo 3 for BTB.
I'm not really planning on playing Halo 4, but I'd down for Doubles or Throwdown sometimes.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
aPK did a lot of great Forge stuff with us, can't wait to see what him and others do in MCC.

I loved the map personally, always remember that amazing Roy match at AGL when he went off on it.

Onyx was awesome.

Also, about to get to your email. Sorry for the long delay.

CE, 2 & 2A will probably be all the MP i ever play. I honestly cant stand the jarring transition to 3's really weird aiming feel. its like someone tied bricks to the end of the weapon your holding when you swing it around it just feels wrong compared to every other halo.

Halo 3 introduced gross aim acceleration, so I'm not really looking forward to playing it, either.

Must've missed that, lol. I'm looking most forward to H2A and CE, personally. H2A looks amazing, and I've always wanted to get some more time in with CE MP. I'm also really excited for Halo 2 for all those amazing maps, and Halo 3 for BTB.
I'm not really planning on playing Halo 4, but I'd down for Doubles or Throwdown sometimes.

the only 3 & 4 i will be playing is campaign for memories. CE im scared, because people who never stopped playing CE are going to destroy me with all the tricks CE has x.x I dont really know any of them I don't think.. 2A has my most excitement being the newest "engine" of halo MP. And it going back to core halo instead of further down the bad path of AA's has me super hyped!

belushy

Banned

I loved it as well. I kind of hope it makes a return to H2A competitive. Though the map was made for H4 style gameplay, so maybe it won't fit in so well.

Freeser

Does anyone know if downloading the game from a friend's account would have the game downloaded that way my hardcopy would be ready to go on launch? I hate how we can't pre-download it unless we're digital

I can confirm that this works. I've done it before with a couple past titles.

nillapuddin

to describe how delirious I am from lack of sleep, and how hyped I am for MCC, I dozed off into a pseduodream where this was happening

giphy.gif

but the bill nye head was a monitor and I heard in the background "build! build! build! build!"

Fake edit:
@jd, saw your xbl message.
Not sure if I'll have the time this week (pre Halo deadlines) but yeah that seems fun for the future. Might even have those resources available to me pretty easily.

Defect

To those of you who I don't already have on my friends list, feel free to add me. I'm up for customs or matchmaking whenever :)

Gt- Defective 2

So the 20Gb update goes live today, going to be a long 9 hours at work...but then H2A when I get home.

Don't forget, tomorrow I'll be streaming multiplayer live on twitch, so follow me on twitch.tv/sikamikanico_

Got an email through from MS, I'm playing in some launch night tournament, and they actually let me download my Gamertag to play on, which makes me wonder if it's an 'online' tournament across the globe kinda thing.

Either way, it's going to be a very swanky event and I'm looking forward to it!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Tell him to do a kickstarter. I'll pitch in lol.
I think someone else should set something up. Gui already has a lot going on, plus I have a hunch he'd feel weird / self-serving if he set it up himself. And he might turn it down entirely. I think it's cool gesture, though. Plus it'd just be cool to play Halo with him, lol.

Maybe we can do it via Paypal or Gofundme?

-Ryn

Banned
Gui if you see this, hang in there man.
Life is worth seeing through. Even when it seems like things aren't getting better. Feel free to pm me if you ever need someone to talk to.

Hell yes. Rock 'n Rail was one of my favorites of the Action Sack Playlist. Railgun was a surprising addition by 343 because unlike almost every other weapon/ability/etc. added, the railgun actually took some time to learn to use effectively.

Charge then scope ladies and gents... charge THEN scope.
Railgun feels so good to use. Though the AOE damage could be rather inconsistent as well as the actual damage sometimes. Hopefully that is fixed if it returns as well as giving it more of a punch so it can make vehicles go flying. I'd also love it if they added more effects but that's not exactly a major issue. I just like cool firing effects.

This will give me time to be the best Smash Player on HaloGAF.

Do any of you have the 3DS version?
I'd love to fight ya dude. I've played the 3DS version and it was surprisingly good.

What is everyone doing to cope with the wait? Ive been messing around with sunset overdrive, smash 3ds & just busy with studying ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
Waiting around... drawing... gaming... being generally bored since I don't start work for another week.

Crying into my textbooks.
Bro... I no your pain. For I am an idiot.

Even borrows Chief's visor from H4.
Remind me of how the Destiny poster Hunter looked like it was wearing Chief's helmet.

Gonna have to miss launch. I'll be with you guys in spirit.
Me too. Being unemployed sucks. :'(
There's always the beta party

Can't wait to play some MP tonight!

I am dying...stuck at a desk just waiting for tonight to get here.

Hope the download automatically starts at 6pm tonight. I have 150Mb Broadband, so it should grab it super quick once it goes live. Wish there was a way to manually update the game file.

Halo 3 @ 1080p/60? Get in my veins.

Just some last minute adjustments...plenty of time before release to grab it. Will likely go live tomorrow instead I'd imagine

Sucks though, was really looking forward to diving in tonight!

Last call for Gamertags if you want them in the OT. I have just over 30 right now and I got like 200 votes for the OT thread title. If you do want yours included, PM it to me with your timezone.

digmouse, GMT+8 (China Standard Time)
getting my XOne on Friday (if Amazon's guaranteed shipping date is to be trusted, but Beijing's traffic is heavily cut short due to APEC summit here)

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Last call for Gamertags if you want them in the OT. I have just over 30 right now and I got like 200 votes for the OT thread title. If you do want yours included, PM it to me with your timezone.

Sent mine in a PM just now.

GT: Calm Killer

Please add me people. Non of my old halo buddies play anymore. Need some people.

Fuchsdh

Oh yeah. Raise that bitch!

Well, Forge Island theoretically had a hard limit, but people found out you could Forge within the islands and underwater. Until people get their hands on things and start breaking stuff, I wouldn't get too bent out of shape.

TheOddOne

It was weird hearing him in the Halo 2A doc, because I don't think I've ever heard him speaking normally.

I guess DiMaggio is doing supplementary voices for the H2A terminals? Shame they couldn't get Ferrer back.
Yeah, he is only listed as doing voice work for H2A's terminals.

Top Bottom