• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

willow ve

H2A / H5 needs to have pre-game lobby chat on by default. Games were much more fun with trash talk and taunts before the game. And the obligatory "I call sniper"

Madness

Sadly in this day and age, yes.

I see a lot of games being showcased on twitch by people who have never even played the series before (not talking about this streamer, but others) and to me it seems like a waste of effort.

Except, more and more kids these days only look at YouTube and Twitch. I don't know who PewdiePie is, I've never watched his vids, and I only heard of him from GAF when someone said he made millions last year or something. And yet, my little cousins in the states watch his vids. Instead of me asking them whether they've heard of a game, they now tell me they've already seen their favorite streamers or YouTube casters have a let's play done and they know everything about the game.

The era of a journalist reviewing the game is declining for guys like us, and the era of fellow gamers just streaming, slurping, whatever is what's next. It seems as if you're affiliated with a blog or site, have your own channel and get decent reviews, you're considered some kind of gaming press and can stream or review things.

Except, more and more kids these days only look at YouTube and Twitch. I don't know who PewdiePie is, I've never watched his vids, and I only heard of him from GAF when someone said he made millions last year or something. And yet, my little cousins in the states watch his vids. Instead of me asking them whether they've heard of a game, they now tell me they've already seen their favorite streamers or YouTube casters have a let's play done and they know everything about the game.

The era of a journalist reviewing the game is declining for guys like us, and the era of fellow gamers just streaming, slurping, whatever is what's next. It seems as if you're affiliated with a blog or site, have your own channel and get decent reviews, you're considered some kind of gaming press and can stream or review things.
Well I stream and have a YouTube channel and am willing to slrp myself out for review copies, yet I didn't get one.

I must really be on Tashi's bad side.

Mix

New 1080p/60fps videos.

Halo 2 Anniversary Zanzibar Oddball Stonetown in 1080p - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GBbcNyD-qA

Halo 4 Vertigo Flood in 1080p - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LktCP0th_TI

Halo 2 Anniversary Lockdown Slayer in 1080p - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgNzXCiCD6U

Halo 3 The Pit Oddball in 1080p - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3PhdjLj9YU

Halo 4 Haven Capture the Flag in 1080p - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOb98PRF51w

Halo 4 Abandon SWAT in 1080p - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4x6eKwYJmY

Halo 2 Anniversary Sanctuary Slayer Shrine in 1080p - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvK3Kj03b7E

Halo 4 Haven SWAT in 1080p- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG2s0HLeh7g

Halo 4 looks so amazing from a technical standpoint. And ... The dedicated servers seem to be working very well.
that Halo 3 gameplay was god awful.

I agree, but there are some random streamers with 50 viewers with early games, guess they asked and received without a problem.

Even if it's in you'll never see it used because everyone just uses party chat now anyways.
:(

Halo competitive playlists shouldn't let you play in a party. I wish they would enforce a programming rule behind the scenes so it's just not possible. That way, casuals can casual it up in party chats and run around like boobs while people who want to play 4realz would have to communicate.

tootsi666

Halo competitive playlists shouldn't let you play in a party. I wish they would enforce a programming rule behind the scenes so it's just not possible. That way, casuals can casual it up in party chats and run around like boobs while people who want to play 4realz would have to communicate.
Yep communicate with players who don't speak English. No, just no.
And don't say "Press X to mute". People should be allowed to communicate in party chat if they want to.

Rev3rb

I'm really excited for people who never got to play Halo 2 online. It's crazy to think that there are people who post in here who never played a match of CTF on Zanzibar over xbox live

So many memories...

Will there be Halogaf customs next week?

Japarican

Banned

Lower ranks might be a problem, but in higher ranks people are out of party chat anyways. I was in party chat when I boosted, that's about it

CliQ

8QEGJn5.jpg

Just wanted to update everyone on the signups...

xCliQuEx
xGranadier
Welfare Queen I
Poodlestrike
MizzouRah88
The Tharp Daddy
Kaizen Gamer
Beamimpact
LUCKY OVERLORD
Jayrme D
ToEmbersAshes
WomJom

If you would like to play in the match send me a PM with your GT and relative skill level on a scale of 1-10 so that I can try to balance teams.

See you on the battlefield!

And don't say "Press X to mute". People should be allowed to communicate in party chat if they want to.

The majority of playlists should let you, but it would be great if the e-sports playlist and hardcore playlists warn the player "Warning: To reinforce proper communication between team members, the Xbox Live party chat features will be disabled in this playlist."

Counter Strike, while not being able to prevent talking over Skype/Team Speak or what have you, they really punish you if you quit and it warns you before you begin the game.

Sephzilla

People want to win in ranked playlists should also be allowed to communicate with their teammates.

Mix

8QEGJn5.jpg

Just wanted to update everyone on the signups...

xCliQuEx
xGranadier
Welfare Queen I
Poodlestrike
MizzouRah88
The Tharp Daddy
Kaizen Gamer
Beamimpact
LUCKY OVERLORD
Jayrme D
ToEmbersAshes
WomJom

If you would like to play in the match send me a PM with your GT and relative skill level on a scale of 1-10 so that I can try to balance teams.

put me down for I hope I can make it, it just depends on if I'm working that night.

CliQ

With Mix and my 3 that should be a full roster eh?

Should be good fun, I'll be rusty as will my friends but I assume most will be.

Is anybody gonna be streaming it?

I'll be streaming the game and if anyone else streams try and stream without music so that I can take your saved film and create a youtube video with highlights.

Also, i would like to have some substitutes in case anyone backs out so keep sending me your GTs and skill levels and i'll add you to the list!

CliQ

8QEGJn5.jpg

We have a full 16 but continue to sign up if you want to play. We will probably have a few drop out and will need backups!

xCliQuEx
xGranadier
Welfare Queen I
Poodlestrike
MizzouRah88
The Tharp Daddy
Kaizen Gamer
Beamimpact
LUCKY OVERLORD
Jayrme D
ToEmbersAshes
WomJom
Vin FTW
Gorillabawlz
MIXMASTERCHlEF
B0rder jumper14

Defunct now.
What happened to Carl? Do you keep in touch at all?
How can you be done with your review if you're missing 20GB of content?

The patch situation still makes no sense to me. How are these people all playing the MP without the patch?
1/3 of the fucking content.

Halo CE and Halo 2 mutliplayer are on disc, H2A, H3 and H4 MP are part of the patch.
Everything about the games you loved all on one disc* *except for multiplayer and terminals

Top Bottom