• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Sephzilla

I have no idea on that lol. I live on the east coast, and the mall my Microsoft Store is in can't do midnight launches because of construction. So my "launch" party is at 6PM on Tuesday.

that sucks.

that reminds me i need to go bug my gamestop about the midnight release

Can anyone in here good with photoshop make two verisons of this spartan? One red and one blue. Also, if you could keep the transparent background that would be awesome! Thank you!

HCEA-MasterChiefMkV.png

Have a blue quicky:

Uquj5sJ.png

Gimme a minute and I'll have a red one for you also.

FyreWulff

Never forget the longass objective matches due to the contesting system.

This isn't a game of CTF.

This is a game of attrition (to see who will quit first)

In all seriousness I loved that objective games dragged out if the other team could contest.

Sudden Death in Reach and 4 was shit.

I actually liked sudden death in Halo 2 as well. Unfortunately they had to change it due to the aforementioned skybox-contesting issue.

Too bad we still can't play og Halo 2 the way it was intended.. where everyone stays on the map. Maybe we'll see a stroke of sanity and Halo 2's maps will be patched. Dead serious, if they announced Halo 2's maps being patched I'd go buy a One the next day.

dwells

If I understand everything correctly, you've got something like 48 matches at ~50 minutes apiece. And rather than the MAXIMUM amount of time (which could be infinite for all we know), I'm going to tell you the minimum.

So we've got 48 * 50 = 2400 minutes. 2400 minutes / 60 minutes = 40 hours.

Granted this is your total time, and when matches are going on at the same time, this is compacted the number of rounds.

EDIT: RIP Croatia. Also, if you're assuming everyone starts on time (never), everyone finishes on time (never), all the equivalent rounds in both brackets occur simultaneously, AND that the two brackets are both running at the same time, then you just multiply 50 mins * the number of rounds. So about 50*8 = 400 minutes or just shy of 7 hours. This doesn't count any break time or technical difficulties or anything extraneous.

That's the total number of games, not the total number of tiers in the bracket. So that would be total game time, i.e. time it would take assuming none of the games were played concurrently.

That said, even with single elimination and only 32 teams, at best of three and assuming 50 minutes per set, that's still over four hours. If this tournament is supposed to be over one day, some adjustment is going to need to be made.

Can anyone in here good with photoshop make two verisons of this spartan? One red and one blue. Also, if you could keep the transparent background that would be awesome! Thank you!

And here's the red one:

zztrCRE.png

Sorry, I know it's not perfect as the red hues hit more than the armor.

That's the total number of games, not the total number of tiers in the bracket. So that would be total game time, i.e. time it would take assuming none of the games were played concurrently.

That said, even with single elimination and only 32 teams, at best of three and assuming 50 minutes per set, that's still over four hours. If this tournament is supposed to be over one day, some adjustment is going to need to be made.

You should probably read the entire post, including the edit.

RoKKeR

Has anyone seen any ads for MCC yet? I find it odd that there seems to be little awareness for this title in the general public, in my experiences anyway.

Yeah I'm not really sure why Microsoft isn't promoting the hell out of this game yet.

Also the more the 20GB patch is delayed the more I fear that it won't be out for launch and it'll be a nightmare for everybody.

/pessimism, I've had a shitty week.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You don't need to be present for every game though.

Set someone as the leader for each game then they can set it up.
It's about the tournament beginning and ending in a timely manner and making sure everyone can participate in every match they're supposed to participate in. I feel like limiting the tournament to a few hours helps. "The tournament will be happening from x to x, so make sure you're available between those hours on that day." If we let people play whenever they're free it could drag on forever, and eight different people will have to sync up their schedules over and over.

If someone knows of a better way to go about it, I'd be happy to hear it. It's not too late to figure out a better plan. I don't want to clog up the thread with this stuff, but feel free to PM me!

Ein Bear

Yeah I don't understand why Microsoft isn't investing a ton of money into marketing this bad boy. Stupid not to.

Microsoft and 343 want the game to fail, so they can have an excuse to say "Classic Halo just isn't what people want" and add ADS, spinting armour lock and killstreaks to Halo 5.

;)

Honestly, I've talked to a surprising number of Halo fans (either current or lapsed) who have no idea the MCC exists.

Granted, it's a sample of 2, but still. Shocking!

Sephzilla

Yeah, I'm surprised Microsoft isn't advertising the living hell out of MCC. This is probably going to be what they wanted Titanfall to be - an excuse to sell XB1s.

Yeah I'm not really sure why Microsoft isn't promoting the hell out of this game yet.

Also the more the 20GB patch is delayed the more I fear that it won't be out for launch and it'll be a nightmare for everybody.

/pessimism, I've had a shitty week.

It makes me a little nervous too. But at least Halo 1 and Halo 2 are on the disc - so the multiplayer that actually matters is already available ;)

Impala26

We have a full 16 but continue to sign up if you want to play. We will probably have a few drop out and will need backups!

xCliQuEx
xGranadier
Welfare Queen I
Poodlestrike
MizzouRah88
The Tharp Daddy
Kaizen Gamer
Beamimpact
LUCKY OVERLORD
Jayrme D
ToEmbersAshes
WomJom
Vin FTW
Gorillabawlz
MIXMASTERCHlEF
B0rder jumper14

Put me down for Bravo Team.

I'd say I'm about a 7 on an overall skill level, maybe 6 depending on how rusty I am with CE.

Yeah, I'm surprised Microsoft isn't advertising the living hell out of MCC. This is probably going to be what they wanted Titanfall to be - an excuse to sell XB1s.

It makes me a little nervous too. But at least Halo 1 and Halo 2 are on the disc - so the multiplayer that actually matters is already available ;)

But what happened to Phil Spencer saying everything on one disc at e3?

CliQ

In Halo 1 it felt like spartans could chuck grenades for miles. It's like grenades gained an extra 60 pounds in Halo 2 and Halo 3

You could chuck a grenade for miles in Halo: CE. Spartans were actual super soldiers back then. In every other game they were more like athletes rather than super human.

Such Halo 3 networking.

I can see why everyone is so excited to play it again.

That's not a networking issue, that's a dumbass blowing himself up with a grenade XD

How the hell is that networking? That's the guy literally aiming a grenade directly in front of him.

Guys, this is daedalius' shtick. Missing the entire point of the convo so he can whine about Destiny.

hue hue hue

I guess I just don't remember how awful the grenade throws were in Halo 3. I've obviously forcibly blocked it from my memory.

I take it back. Mike's just being a moron.

MIKE! THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GRENADE THROWS, NETWORKING, OR DESTINY. THIS IS ABOUT HOW TERRIBLE THIS PERSON PLAYING IS AT HALO. UNDERSTAND YET?

Sephzilla

You could chuck a grenade for miles in Halo: CE. Spartans were actual super soldiers back then. In every other game they were more like athletes rather than super human.

yet the CE spartans took fall damage

i wonder how many fall damage deaths i'm going to have day one of MCC because i keep forgetting it exists

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I just don't remember how awful the grenade throws were in Halo 3. I've obviously forcibly blocked it from my memory.
The player didn't arch the grenade at all. Just kept the reticle right in front of them and charged ahead like a champ. Maybe they were trying to ADS? I'm gonna believe that to help me sleep tonight.

Top Bottom