• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

-Ryn

Banned
Reading this forum is seriously killing my Halo hype right now.

Are some of you having a rough time in life right now and taking it out in the forums? Serious question. Either way I hope some of you get a little happier and less antagonistic.
This is a great time to be a Halo fan bro. Nothing's stopping this train.

KeyImaginaryIndiancow.gif

Too much drama.

DIjmpAo.jpg
#butts

Every time I visit a HaloGaf thread, there's always some salt being tossed around. It's seriously nothing new. I've actually been pretty entertained by it as of late lol.

Carry on.

m23

Halo Channel is up, although it's pretty rough right now.

Also, anyone else with MCC, where do you watch the prologue with Locke and Arbiter?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Are you babysitting billionaires?

Seriously, the most I have seen someone get is like £4 (~$6).
My main family is a two income family, and both parents get paid pretty well, but not amazingly so. I'm only with their kid in the afternoon / early evenings, usually for 4ish hours, so the cost isn't too crazy for them. Then I work with a several other families on a sporadic basis, mostly doing morning infant care or hanging out with kids in the evening while their parents are on a date. Overall, I usually get 24 - 30 hours a week, which is perfect for me.

High five.

I work at a daycare part time and do the same thing. Except for $9.75 an hour.
I've been there, man. The only thing I miss about it is working with other adults, lol.

VinFTW

The more I think about it, the more I think Halo and 343 can learn SO much from CS:GO.

Such an amazing spectator e-sport (although I think Halo could be better for those crazy "mlgnoscope360xxx OOOOOO" moments) that thrives on community feedback.

Also can't hurt to embrace your roots while adding interesting cosmetic monetization and an excellent competitive environment (the latter of which Halo has as well).

m23

Do you need MCC to download Halo Channel?

I got it through MCC by trying to watch a Halo 1 terminal. Took me straight to the store to download Halo Channel. Not sure if you'd be able to search the store and find it.

I like the music that plays in Halo Channel while you're browsing.

nillapuddin

so Halo 5 forge must for nilla:

Object Grouping

I want to be able to select 'X' amount of objects, and move them in unison, lock them, delete them and... copy them (and paste them)

this would literally, be the most significant addition to forge in history.

FyreWulff

Object Grouping

I want to be able to select 'X' amount of objects, and move them in unison, lock them, delete them and... copy them (and paste them)

Even with the pretty cool button scripting addition to h2a forge, this needs to happen. They need to come up with a whole new level editor.

The Halo 3-era Forge has pretty much peaked out in utility at this point.

For H5 they should take the new "grass plane" object and make new ones with other textures, it would help with the flooring and all.

Interiors still bother me, it's very hard to make it so that they do't look too dark.

For H5 they should take the new "grass plane" object and make new ones with other textures, it would help with the flooring and all.

Interiors still bother me, it's very hard to make it so that they do't look too dark.

It looks like there are some lighting options, I just don't know how bright they are, or if they can be adjusted.

jelly

I wonder how many teams 343 have. Safe to assume there was teams making Halo 5 campaign, multiplayer, forge who weren't doing Halo MCC stuff at the same time because as said above with Forge, time to kick on and move up a level.

Object Grouping

That would be amazing. It's kinda funny how limited Forge is in comparison to something like Project Spark, you'd think that object grouping would've been a day one feature.

Also, anyone else still watching the launch invitational? Now this is one hell of a game.

Welfare

Object Grouping

Flipping as well.

That would be amazing. It's kinda funny how limited Forge is in comparison to something like Project Spark, you'd think that object grouping would've been a day one feature.

Also, anyone else still watching the launch invitational? Now this is one hell of a game.

It's insane. I almost counted VwS out but this is massive.

nillapuddin

Even with the pretty cool button scripting addition to h2a forge, this needs to happen. They need to come up with a whole new level editor.

The Halo 3-era Forge has pretty much peaked out in utility at this point.

I agree, magnets, scripting, rotation locking have all far exceeded where we began, but there are alot of next level possibilities.

I have my doubts if Forge will ever ascend beyond an Object Editor though (as opposed to Map Creator)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I assumed kittens was referring to the issues with the ESL stream when they had that player drop out of the game.
Close. I was joking about the ESL stream being a few minutes late to start up.

Does the silenced SMG scope ?
Out of all the footage 343 and media outlets have released, I can't believe we haven't seen footage of this. Anyone with the game wanna test?

Close. I was joking about the ESL stream being a few minutes late to start up.

Out of all the footage 343 and media outlets have released, I can't believe we haven't seen footage of this. Anyone with the game wanna test?

It does scope but not while dual wielding.

FyreWulff

Spark is an engine built for what it's meant to do. Forge is layered off exposing the Halo engine's real time editing capabilities to the end user by letting people spawn scenery objects and placing them.

Forge came about because Bungie wanted to be able to move weapon spawns and minor scenery after launch (the beam rifle on Colossus was brought up as a specific example of decisions they wish they could have changed easily). It was never meant to be a full featured map editor - that came post launch when crazy Forge users like us started pushing it. It was intended as an object editor. Foundry was basically a 'hack' (in the good way) on top of that system to give us more flexible editing. Then Sandbox took that 'hack' even further. Then Reach exposed more engine underpinnings like object properties, but it's still based off of Halo 3's Forge, which in turn was never originally intended to be taken as far as Reach took it.

Heck, the object limit in Halo 2A Forge is the same as Halo 3. We're limited more by the Halo 3-era Forge variant file format than we are actual console power now.

They've done a really great job with H2A Forge (patch in a hammer so Nok can make Grifball maps with these features!), but like I said in the post before this, this is about as far as Forge can go. Split out map making into the Object Editor (Forge) and a geometry editor (Anvil? Landscape?) and you'll really see your users unleash some neat stuff.

[/positivepost]

I got it through MCC by trying to watch a Halo 1 terminal. Took me straight to the store to download Halo Channel. Not sure if you'd be able to search the store and find it.

I like the music that plays in Halo Channel while you're browsing.

+

I just looked for it in the store, with no luck. The page itself may not be up yet, but it's live within MCC. So... yeah, only for MCC owners at the moment.

Damn. If anyone knows a way to DL it, lemme know.

Yup, it would be nice to have options like grass plane, snow plane, sand plane. etc. Take it step further and have the grass plane spawn some shrubbery, snow plane look a little uneven with some blowing snow, same idea for sand. Allow natural object placed on a snow plane to adopt a pre-established snowy/icy texture.

Further, I agree about allowing the brightening of structures. It would also be cool if you could make the light objects invisible, so they still illuminate the area without out you seeing the glowing orb itself.

Does the silenced SMG scope ?

Yup.

Booshka

Spark is an engine built for what it's meant to do. Forge is layered off exposing the Halo engine's real time editing capabilities to the end user by letting people spawn scenery objects and placing them.

Forge came about because Bungie wanted to be able to move weapon spawns and minor scenery after launch (the beam rifle on Colossus was brought up as a specific example of decisions they wish they could have changed easily). It was never meant to be a full featured map editor - that came post launch when crazy Forge users like us started pushing it. It was intended as an object editor. Foundry was basically a 'hack' (in the good way) on top of that system to give us more flexible editing. Then Sandbox took that 'hack' even further. Then Reach exposed more engine underpinnings like object properties, but it's still based off of Halo 3's Forge, which in turn was never originally intended to be taken as far as Reach took it.

Heck, the object limit in Halo 2A Forge is the same as Halo 3. We're limited more by the Halo 3-era Forge variant file format than we are actual console power now.

They've done a really great job with H2A Forge (patch in a hammer so Nok can make Grifball maps with these features!), but like I said in the post before this, this is about as far as Forge can go. Split out map making into the Object Editor (Forge) and a geometry editor (Anvil? Landscape?) and you'll really see your users unleash some neat stuff.

[/positivepost]
I remember Pariah for Xbox really impressing me with its map editor. It came out when everyone was balls deep into Halo 2, so no one really played it, but it did a lot of cool stuff for a Console game.

This trailer is pure cheese, but the last 30 seconds or so is what is really impressive.

nillapuddin

[/positivepost]

As per usual, Fyre knows whats up.

I would have no issues if Forge maintained its Object Editor status indefinitely, but I agree that power user features layered beyond that it would be ideal.

Unfortunately, Im not sure if Forge makes enough money to push the resources for it to be fleshed out beyond its normal upgrades.

Obviously it is immeasurably valuable to me, but I know many never touch it

Top Bottom