• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

lmao

cross post from gaming side:

Can someone make my avvy with a red question mark instead of the circle with the red x please?

http://i.imgur.com/5y4Xa6j.png

TjyCUFF.png

danwarb

Nothing in that tweet mentions ADS. At all. That alone seems like ADS is in the game. For no reason. Did Spartans somehow lose the ability to link a weapon scope with their built in HUD?
nano machines

He called it scope/zoom. It's that but looks like ADS with some weapons.

VinFTW

Thanks guys<3

Sorry for over-reacting a bit today.

I still really believe sprint should be taken out, so let's try to keep focused on that through-out the beta.

Also, I think the new "scope/zoom" really needs to take up less of the screen (right now its as obstructing as H4's zoom when I want it as small as H2s).

Welfare

This whole thing started with the sprint footage. Then it exploded with the ADS footy.

Watching this MCC tourney though just reinforces that sprint needs to leave as well. It breaks so many map designs. If the map is created around not having sprint, then "slow movement" is not an issue.

I can't believe sprint is one thing 343 won't go back on.

Sprint sucks and needs to be removed. Only place I'll tolerate it is in Campaign and BTB.

Also, controlled leak confirmed. No one's getting banned on Waypoint for discussing it and 3 non-ADS clips were "leaked" after the initial shitstorm.

I know I will get lynched but Halo BTB should be BF style. 32v32 Massive maps, objectives and loads of vehicles.

32v32 might be too much, but I'd welcome a 16v16 or 24v24. Big maps, lots of vehicles. You'd need to be very careful to design your maps and gametypes to discourage team shooting, though.

Justrekt

Neo Member
I don't think Halo will ever feel the same, too many minor changes that aren't even as big as Sprint and ADS has hit Halo that has taken away from the old feel. I'll just stop buying them and play the MCC when I want my Halo fix.

Raide

This would be really cool. They should bring Invasion back too whilst they're at it.

YES! God I loved invasion. We saw how much love that was poured into MCC. Do the same for Halo 5. I guess the problem with more modes is if the community is small.

VinFTW

I like this post a lot from Moa on TB:

"So now that we know descope is in, think about this.

Lets say you're scoped in with the Battle Rifle, fighting someone else in a 1v1, players will need to constantly re-hold the ADS button to aim back in if they keep getting shot. ADS will be literally pointless to use if your opponent and you are trading shots often.

Obviously ADS isn't much of an issue since it works almost identical to zooming, but it seems like hipfire gun fights will be more common."

Some of my favourite Halo memories are BTB games. Crazy vehicle murder. They can add a Covie vs Humans if they want. In want to play as a Grunt!!!!

Maybe (and this would be really nuts), they do something like 16 v 16 Invasion with a buttload of AI hangers on. I know people like to crap on the grunts from Titanfall, but I really liked them.

jem0208

Can someone explain to me how it is "not real ADS?"

It's mechanically identical to zoom.

It's only ADS in the visual sense.

I like this post a lot from Moa on TB:

"So now that we know descope is in, think about this.

Lets say you're scoped in with the Battle Rifle, fighting someone else in a 1v1, players will need to constantly re-hold the ADS button to aim back in if they keep getting shot. ADS will be literally pointless to use if your opponent and you are trading shots often.

Obviously ADS isn't much of an issue since it works almost identical to zooming, but it seems like hipfire gun fights will be more common."

How do we know it's going to be a hold to zoom?

I'm sure someone has brought it up, but there is a perfect compromise.

Halo 5 ADS functions the same as scoping but with a new skin, so just make it a visual option. They can make the ADS visual the default option and advertise the game with it, but just make it clear that we can change it back to the regular scope in the options(not game options, control and video options) if you don't like it.

Do it 343.

That's what I thought.

Raide

Maybe (and this would be really nuts), they do something like 16 v 16 Invasion with a buttload of AI hangers on. I know people like to crap on the grunts from Titanfall, but I really liked them.

That sounds delicious.

Also 343, let me Forge all the modes dammit!!

FatMarshall

Neo Member
Also, controlled leak confirmed. No one's getting banned on Waypoint for discussing it and 3 non-ADS clips were "leaked" after the initial shitstorm.

That's strange, but even if it was a controlled leak the moderators probably wouldn't be aware of it. I've seen individuals get banned for posting news that's "too new", and it gets mistaken as a leak.

Then again, I don't go on Waypoint all that often for various reasons.

I'm sure someone has brought it up, but there is a perfect compromise.

Halo 5 ADS functions the same as scoping but with a new skin, so just make it a visual option. They can make the ADS visual the default option and advertise the game with it, but just make it clear that we can change it back to the regular scope in the options(not game options, control and video options) if you don't like it.

Do it 343.

wwm0nkey

I do wonder if they added a penalty to sprint. Seems like they did a lot of good changes but winner hire sprint is being worked on.

I do wonder if they added a penalty to sprint. Seems like they did a lot of good changes but winner hire sprint is being worked on.

According to the leak, you won't be able to recharge your shields while running, I'd like them to expand that to decharging shields while sprinting, or maybe not letting you sprint when you don't have any shield energy left.

daedalius

I'm glad I haven't been around for any of this.

So we get visual ADS? Other than the gun blocking your view, eh.

Looking forward to the gameplay demo tomorrow, and of course the beta.

Top Bottom