• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Ampoc

Neo Member
At first, the I did not like the gameplay at all but now I seem to like it. The maps seem to have a colourful mood to me, and the gameplay doesnt look floaty like Halo 4. Excited for Monday night.

klodeckel

Banned
Halo 5 beta gameplay leaked showing ADS on the BR. Everything went downhill, the salt mines overflowed. Then, during damage control, Josh said that it's only some kind of weird hybrid visual ADS, that descoping exists, and that movement won't be affected and that hip fire accuracy remains.

Basically it's ADS but it's supposedly not ADS.

It's just a visual change. Like the zoom in freaking every Halo to-date just that you see the gun. Some said that from the beginning - yes, including myself. It was just obvious.

Trey

Those clips have only made me want to wait until monday, which is what I was going to do even when I thought that ADS bullshit was in completely.

The sword looks putrid.

He said he got it from the beyond forums. I looked it some dude called "Akademic" posted them.
Didn't see that posted. Never heard of beyond and not bothered to look either.

Controlled leak was controlled.

"let's kick the fucking hornets nest before reveal to generate buzz"

And shit, it worked. Look at the leak thread and this one

Is this a glitch or did Josh Holmes really block me? I don't really use Twitter so I'm not sure if this happens to others:
He got tired of your shit, unknown. Magnum is a scrub weapon.

Jk. Lol. Oh btw, Sprint is in Halo 5, sorta. That's all I know about it atm. Yay Monday reveal.

wwm0nkey

I have a feeling that they would stun your shields when you are sprinting and recover after your done sprinting and walking for a little while. That's my guess.

Im okay with it not letting your shields charge while you are using it. Would prefer it gone but thats a good middle ground.

Probably Aim assist, no datacentre servers, medals etc. We always would find something don't worry.

And we need a custom game browser

True, but I guess I meant about actual gameplay. I assume the rumored spartan abilities will have people up in arms.

Wait, and what's wrong with the aim assist?

Madness

haloisdeadads21ds80.gif

This gif is amazing though. Completely summed up the feelings of 3 hours ago.

Tawpgun

Need confirmation zooming in doesn't slow down aiming to babby mode and there's no penalty to jumping while scoped like there is in destiny

True, but I guess I meant about actual gameplay. I assume the rumored spartan abilities will have people up in arms.

Your reticle slowing down while over an enemy isn't bad. Bullets that would have missed curving towards an enemy instead is bad. Your reticle chasing after an enemy without you moving it is bad.

singhr1

So Halo 5 huh,

Medpacks return (no logical reason to show healthbar otherwise) and pistol is faster w/ large magazine unlike halo 4.

FatMarshall

Neo Member
So Halo 5 huh,

Medpacks return (no logical reason to show healthbar otherwise) and pistol is faster w/ large magazine unlike halo 4.

The health bar doesn't look like it has much of an impact in terms of change on the core gameplay, actually. Looks like it was added in just for display purposes.

Health has always been in every Halo game, but it just wasn't visible and the impact didn't justify its visibility. Displaying it without changing its characteristics seems like a better thing to me, rather than what Reach did.

A small amount is usually beneficial as it helps speed up the game to some degree. However, almost every single modern shooter has way too much aim assist and negatively impacts the skill game. Halo 2 - 4 have way too much of it and the game would greatly benefit from reduced aim assists.

How about a customizable toggle in the custom options menu? That would satisfy everyone.

BigShow36

A small amount is usually beneficial as it helps speed up the game to some degree. However, almost every single modern shooter has way too much aim assist and negatively impacts the skill game. Halo 2 - 4 have way too much of it and the game would greatly benefit from reduced aim assists.

Top Bottom