• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Is this a glitch or did Josh Holmes really block me? I don't really use Twitter so I'm not sure if this happens to others:
M0ufHd2.png

gAg CruSh3r

I do wonder if they added a penalty to sprint. Seems like they did a lot of good changes but winner hire sprint is being worked on.

I have a feeling that they would stun your shields when you are sprinting and recover after your done sprinting and walking for a little while. That's my guess.

VinFTW

Jem I think his point is that it's not like traditional ADS where you hold to stay scoped specifically because there is descope.

It wouldn't work, you'd have to constantly click it to go back to zoom, like old halos, which is what we want.

get fukn rekt

Dude, something about it being funyun and him being blocked combined with the hair on your avvy and the spelling made me burst out laughing at this lmao

According to the leak, you won't be able to recharge your shields while running, I'd like them to expand that to decharging shields while sprinting, or maybe not letting you sprint when you don't have any shield energy left.

You should never be punished in any way for moving at full speed. That is why Sprint is inherently broken in Halo, the punishement of not being able to shoot is built into the mechanic. You can't fix it.

antigoon

lmao.

SO glad I missed all this shit yesterday. What I'm wondering is this: That Josh guy said there was no movement penalty when ADS, but will aiming sensitivity decrease like it does in every other game?

Fair enough, but how would you guys feel about not being able to sprint while your shields are down?

Still wouldn't solve maps being designed around Sprint, which reduces their quality. Still wouldn't stop kids dying then sprinting right back to where you were. Still wouldn't change the fact that Halo is about simultaneously moving and shooting, not choosing between run or gun.

antigoon

Also I still have no clue why the Halo sandbox needs both a SMG AND an Assault Rifle. Especially if there's no dual wielding. Just redundant clutter.

Fair enough, but how would you guys feel about not being able to sprint while your shields are down?

I think I prefer just nixing shield recharge while sprinting. Make it a choice between trying to recover and running away at full speed. Having no sprint when shields are down just seems like it'd be over jarring.

Sprint draining shields would work as well.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
sprint decreases shields. and no sprint with no shields. punish those who make a mistake and try to run away

How about...

Halo 5 comes with a new controller and can only be played with said controller

Anyone who touches the sprint button is then tased

That's the most appropriate punishment

Madness

Sad thing is, I haven't even watched a single match now because of the leak. I wonder who waited to release it just before the final matches of the tourney.

Madness

can someone please tell me what happened (°ロ°)

Halo 5 beta gameplay leaked showing ADS on the BR. Everything went downhill, the salt mines overflowed. Then, during damage control, Josh said that it's only some kind of weird hybrid visual ADS, that descoping exists, and that movement won't be affected and that hip fire accuracy remains.

Basically it's ADS but it's supposedly not ADS.

antigoon

I like watching pro Halo and all but I never understood the listen-ins. It's really never more than a jumbled mess of callouts. I never actually hear anything interesting.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So I picked up the Stereo headset through Best Buy.

Does anyone know what the power output is coming out of the adapter's 3.5mm? Or the capability for powering other headsets.

Top Bottom