• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

The screenshots I've seen have has that dull color, but all the in-game stuff has looked nice and saturated. Maybe it's just the way they take screenshots. I guess we'll see tonight!

A little imrpovement from halo 4 armors but lets check them in motion, at least

Not in terms of gameplay as you understand it. No. Read Josh's clarification from yesterday. Animation? Watch tonight. You will see one nee aspect where you will be like, "why would a skilled player even DO that?" And you'll be right. It's a toggleable feature for babbys (imo)

Promethean vision Deja vu

TheOddOne

I just hope there are some cool new weapons.

Bungie is still the king at making cool looking weapons.
david-stammel-fallen-weapons.jpg

david-stammel-vex-weapons.jpg

david-stammel-sniper-rifle-c-high-poly.jpg

david-stammel-sniper-rifle-exotic-icebreaker-high-poly-fp.jpg
Wished they let me pick up the alien weapons in Destiny tho.

jem0208

Just watched all the "Breaking down the map" videos on the Halo Channel.

Bravo can be cheesy but they were pretty good. Definitely reminded me of some of the stuff I've forgotten from Halo 2, not that I can remember much...

-Ryn

Banned

The best part is that if you look in the Grimiore cards they have gone into a lot of detail on the alien weapons. Maybe Destiny 2...
Believe

That Railgun Sniper is kickass

Impala26

Behind the RNG system and the unbalanced mess that is the Crucible (including lacking the ability to pick up fallen players weapons which even CoD has), this is arguably Destiny's greatest failing.

Omni

What the hell

If you quit a campaign game and resume your progress later, it puts you back at the start of the level. This has happened twice. First time I thought it was just because I quit Halo 2 to check out what Halo 3 looked like for a moment, so I didn't say anything, but this time I only went from Halo 2 to Forge and then back straight into Halo 2. Unless I'm missing something? eeeeh

And now I gotta go through Delta Halo all again. How bloody irritating.

philipnash19

Neo Member
Anyone else having problems with their xbox live events stream on their xbox one? And also... Can't watch a single thing on the Halo Channel...

Booshka

What the hell

If you quit a campaign game and resume your progress later, it puts you back at the start of the level. This has happened twice. First time I thought it was just because I quit Halo 2 to check out what Halo 3 looked like for a moment, so I didn't say anything, but this time I only went from Halo 2 to Forge and then back straight into Halo 2. Unless I'm missing something? eeeeh

Wonder if it's the Co Op Quit out, in which there was no resume from Checkpoint. At least for H1 and H2

Ein Bear

What the hell

This hasn't happened to me in the MCC, and has never been in the other Halo games. Are you selecting 'save & quit' on the pause sceen? I don't think the checkpoints are autosaves.

-Ryn

Banned
What the hell

I'd probably feel for you more if I weren't so jealous

Omni

This hasn't happened to me in the MCC, and has never been in the other Halo games. Are you selecting 'save & quit' on the pause sceen? I don't think the checkpoints are autosaves.

Well there's no other way to quit? And I even selected "resume" when I went back into campaign but it started the cutscene again and put me back at the start

I just can't be bothered. Multiplayer is still dead and this has turned me off campaign for a bit. I'm going to bed I think.

Ein Bear

Bah, the Mark V armour set for Halo 3 is just the helmet, doesn't have the chest piece and shoulder pads.

It's also missing entirely from Halo 4, along with all the other DLC armours.

I love the Mark V :(

Well there's no other way to quit? And I even selected "resume" when I went back into campaign but it started the cutscene again and put me back at the start

I just can't be bothered. Multiplayer is still dead and this has turned me off campaign for a bit. I'm going to bed I think.

Damn, not sure then. I quit out mid-way through Truth and Reconciliation to grab some food, and it picked up at the checkpoint I left it at when I fired it back up. That sucks man.

jem0208

Okay, that was weird.

It seems they were using an old build for some of the Halo Channel content. If you watch the "Pro tips" video about Sniping you can see Lockdown without the orange filter, and Bloodline has a bunch of error popups instead of grass.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Okay, that was weird.

It seems they were using an old build for some of the Halo Channel content. If you watch the "Pro tips" video about Sniping you can see Lockdown without the orange filter, and Bloodline has a bunch of error popups instead of grass.

Grass is for scrubs.

My first beta impression is going to be: needs more pro pipe. Second is: there needs to be a flamethrower warthog. There can be no argument on this.

And don't worry Frankie, I will have literal design documents and likely math and maybe even sims just to counteract some things

Whether or not Halo 5 is good or bad, I'm going to try my hardest to make "literal design documents and likely math" a HaloGAF meme.

Sweet. If anyone else wants in, lemme know. I hope matchmaking holds up tonight, lol.

I should be in. Unless I pass out from lack of sleep. In which case bury me on Bloodline.

Dub117

So it will be on twitch or on the halo channel? Is the Halo channel on X1 yet? I haven't checked, I've been playing some reach because I will not play it again for a long time after today.

Bah, the Mark V armour set for Halo 3 is just the helmet, doesn't have the chest piece and shoulder pads.

It's also missing entirely from Halo 4, along with all the other DLC armours.

I love the Mark V :(

Halo 3 Mark V was always just the helmet. Don't remember if the same is true for Halo 4 Mark V.

jelly

What the hell

Halo has always been save and quit, it only saves level unlock progress automatically, checkpoint saving for later has always relied on save and quit from the user.

I think the reason is the sandbox can be different for everyone. Isn't just a simple linear checkpoint. A limited quick save.

darthbob

Halo 3 only had the Mark V helmet, there was no Mark V Chest or Shoulder. Same with ODST and Rogue, just helmets.

Only CQB, EVA, Scout, Security, Recon, EOD, and Hayabusa had the full complement.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I should be in. Unless I pass out from lack of sleep. In which case bury me on Bloodline.
sexcellent

Just watched all the "Breaking down the map" videos on the Halo Channel.

Bravo can be cheesy but they were pretty good. Definitely reminded me of some of the stuff I've forgotten from Halo 2, not that I can remember much...
Oh cool, there's more than one BDTM video out? I only saw the Zenith one, but I didn't dig around much.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Would be cool if halo 5 had a boost jump that would deal 25%-30% damage to yourself in order to jump to higher ledges, similar to quake rocket jumping, theres a dmg penalty for the added boost. Id love that mechanic.

Vico

Just downloaded the Halo Channel.
It feels really clunky and slow. Also, I can't seem to find how to come back to the main title screen.

And I don't know if it's a bug, but the background music doesn't stop when watching a video.

What the fuck is up with the Halo Channel streaming quality? I can watch 1080p 60fps youtube videos just fine on my PS4 but these Halo Channel videos keep dipping into mushy blur fests.

Raide

Did we get a new Forge OT?

Wish list for Halo 5 Forge. Time of day options, actually interesting lighting options and real terrain editing.

jem0208

Just downloaded the Halo Channel.
It feels really clunky and slow. Also, I can't seem to find how to come back to the main title screen.

And I don't know if it's a bug, but the background music doesn't stop when watching a video.

There doesn't really appear to be a main menu. There's just the guide which is visible from any part of the app. If you're watching something press menu and it'll appear.

So I have the game, but can't find any games yet (low pop).

x6nz1hN.jpg

Playing Halo:CE at 60fps is incredible, I can't wait until later tonight once people start getting the game in their hands.

Anyone that feels like adding me (i'll want to most play Halo 1)

GT- Devin Olsen

Juan

So I have the game, but can't find any games yet (low pop).

x6nz1hN.jpg

Playing Halo:CE at 60fps is incredible, I can't wait until later tonight once people start getting the game in their hands.

Anyone that feels like adding me (i'll want to most play Halo 1)

GT- Devin Olsen

Come in the SWAT Playlist, there is a bunch of people to play with.

Did we get a new Forge OT?

Wish list for Halo 5 Forge. Time of day options, actually interesting lighting options and real terrain editing.

It's early and I don't want to say never but thing's like this are a bit "out there" for Halo. Terrain Editing would likely mean a new engine, Not sure what you mean about lighting options and Time of Day is something that could work I except but I'm not sure how well. You could do it by making haphazard lighting adjustments or "tricks"

Top Bottom