• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

jem0208

I'm forecasting MM will be a disaster tonight. Might just have to roll customs and campaign with my friends until it's sorted out.

The slow matchmaking times makes me feel like the process of matchmaking is slow, not low populations.

Of course we could know for sure if we had population counters.

Well, none of the major populations have unlocked yet.

I expect matchmaking won't pick up properly until the UK unlocks.

Impala26

I'm forecasting MM will be a disaster tonight. Might just have to roll customs and campaign with my friends until it's sorted out.

The slow matchmaking times makes me feel like the process of matchmaking is slow, not low populations.

Of course we could know for sure if we had population counters.

Between thousands dowloading the 20gig patch and general day one struggles I kind of assumed the same. Definitely be rolling campaign or derpin around customs/forge if anything.

DOZE BLUR CUTSCENES DOH...

I'll be around at midnight to play, but i'm supposed to work tomorrow. May have to wait until tomorrow night. Put in a late request to not come in tomorrow. If it doesn't go through I may end up waiting until tomorrow night.

Madness

How do we add those new Halo backgrounds to our Xbox One? I just did the November update earlier. Do I have to wait till I have the game and unlock the achievement that has the background?

Man... the lag on Halo 1 is rough.

It's improved over HPC, but it really still sucks to see the need to lead so much in this game. I really hope dedicated servers play better then custom games.

Watching an MMC CE custom game 2v2 right now and, as somebody who has never played the online PC port, it literally looks like it's completely random whether your shots register or not. Looks 100 times worse than the H3 netcode which people complain endlessly about.

I think people are underestimating how big an issue not having dedi's for customs is.

Dan Ayoub at E3: "ALL ON DEDICATED SERVERS"

Yeah, no, not for a huge portion of the playerbase that will be playing this in custom games. Most of us have ponied up the money for a brand new console plus XBL Gold plus the cost of the MCC to play a collection of years old games. MS should reflect that kind of investment by making dedi's available for custom games, just like Titanfall has. At least float the option to rent a server or something.

Impala26

How do we add those new Halo backgrounds to our Xbox One? I just did the November update earlier. Do I have to wait till I have the game and unlock the achievement that has the background?

Yes. This is how it appears to work with every Xbox One game from what I can tell.

-Ryn

Banned
My first beta impression is going to be: needs more pro pipe. Second is: there needs to be a flamethrower warthog. There can be no argument on this.

Whether or not Halo 5 is good or bad, I'm going to try my hardest to make "literal design documents and likely math" a HaloGAF meme.

I should be in. Unless I pass out from lack of sleep. In which case bury me on Bloodline.
Did a quickie in paint

Dnzs2NC.png

Y/N?

lookit, Wahrer did a thing.

Desktop sized and a bit cleaned up for those interested.

Welp, I'm off to work. Rocking that Midnight launch jitter. Cannot wait to get home and play with you all.
That is glorious. I love the scheme of that map. It's gonna be so much fun to play especially if that bit about it changing mid battle is true. Will be like Pokemon Stadium in Halo.

nillapuddin

I'm not sure if id have time right now, but I'd be down as hell for a new forge OT, at the least I'll help out with graphics like last time

Ein Bear

All the stats the game keeps records of are really cool. Apparently I killed 800 enemies just playing through the first three levels of Halo CE. Jesus.

looked like you could sprint and shoot at the same time in one of those h5 screenshots. i'm not totally sure i have a problem with that. i'd have to see how it plays if that's the case.

add me, folks. I'll be playing a lot of CE and H2C multiplayer tonight

GT: Proximiteh

Random17

The universe section on Halo Waypoint is awesome. Interesting new tidbits about almost everything seem to be in the summaries.

Has 343i ever considered working with Halopedia or something?

willow ve

Enjoy the MCC and the video tonight. I'll probably be sleeping through both.

I fully expect this thread to be closed by tomorrow morning (USA time) and for OT22 to be up and running. Let's give it to TheOddOne

arhra

UK folks, add me. GT is the same as my forum name.

I'll probably mostly be jumping into the campaign tonight, though. Need to shake some of the rust off before trying multi.

BraXzy

Less than 1 hour till Halo time.

I haven't decided what I want to do first yet! Argh, this is a difficult decision...

I've decided since I'm not gonna stay up too late tonight, I'm just gonna hop on and play around in customs for a bit, mess around with all the games and then jump into multiplayer for a little bit before bed. Halo CE campaign tomorrow though sonnnnnnnnn.

jem0208

I've decided since I'm not gonna stay up too late tonight, I'm just gonna hop on and play around in customs for a bit, mess around with all the games and then jump into multiplayer for a little bit before bed. Halo CE campaign tomorrow though sonnnnnnnnn.

Probably the same, planning on watching the Halo 5 reveal as well so I want to get some sleep before that...

And I don't know if it's a bug, but the background music doesn't stop when watching a video.

I had the same problem. For a while I thought Bravo had made some very interesting music choices in his BDSM video. I uninstalled then reinstalled, that fixed it. For now.

Did a quickie in paint

Dnzs2NC.png

Y/N?

Love it--but it needs a cork board in the background with pictures connected by pieces of yarn.

BraXzy

lookit, Wahrer did a thing.

Desktop sized and a bit cleaned up for those interested.

Thanks for the new wallpaper btw!

Probably the same, planning on watching the Halo 5 reveal as well so I want to get some sleep before that...

I would but I'd be wrecked in the morning if I got up to watch it. Sucks that is revealed at 4am, I suppose I'll have a few dozen pages to read in the morning?

belushy

Banned
Cool, hope they do well and bring more exposure to competitive Halo to the giant fanbase of Competitive LoL. Should allow them some funds to just game hard and practice as well. Wonder if they are gonna have a team house or something like that.

I swear Ogre tweeted something about moving soon. Before Kelby left CLG he was also asking around on twitter for 6 room houses or something. I think it is likely.

Booshka

I swear Ogre tweeted something about moving soon. Before Kelby left CLG he was also asking around on twitter for 6 room houses or something. I think it is likely.

Ya he mentioned it on stream as well. He never gives the public details, but I think he sorta mentioned it.

this 4v4 King on Battle Creek is great. So amazing to see top tier players playing Halo CE. Really showcases the game.

jem0208

Halo 2 A Campaign. Gonna drink some tea and bask in the glory of that opening cinematic.

Mmmhmmmm.

I'm very tempted to do that, but I feel like I should play them in chronological order. Not sure I can be bothered though.

Might just try and play some H2A...

Still, 35 minutes UKGaf!

Top Bottom