• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Madness

Halo channel is pretty great. Infinitely better than Waypoint. Maybe it's because I'm new to Xbox One, but just watched that intro video and now watching a twitch stream.

I wonder if there will be a way to filter streams to friends beyond just game and game type. So if people from here are running customs, I can just see like 4 friends are streaming MCC right now and watch them play.

The terminals and cinematics ask me to launch Halo though. Seems digital was the way to go. It seems like I'd have to have the disc in everytime if I wanted to watch all that.

Raide

It's early and I don't want to say never but thing's like this are a bit "out there" for Halo. Terrain Editing would likely mean a new engine, Not sure what you mean about lighting options and Time of Day is something that could work I except but I'm not sure how well. You could do it by making haphazard lighting adjustments or "tricks"

Outside of some red a blue lights, Forge does not offer much in the way of lighting. Time of day would be great for making more varied maps but having the time progress would great.

Something akin to the FarCry editor would be awesome but it would require a new engine. I wonder how much of Halo 4 is in Halo 5?

rrc1594

Halo CE came out when I was 7, and Halo 2 when I was 10. Basically their new games to me. I'm play the shit out of Halo 1 and 2

The Flash

Banned
Decided to go into the H5 thread...

hv2eL.gif

Impala26

Just did :p

Can't wait, sucks that I have classes tomorrow though. Don't want to stay up too late as I'm going to watch the Halo 5 reveal as well...

Damn it Jem...

Do you have ones, L's (Lima), or I's (India) flanking your GamerTag?

Mine's the same as GAF name if you or anyone else wants to add me.

Mix

lookit, Wahrer did a thing.

Desktop sized and a bit cleaned up for those interested.

Welp, I'm off to work. Rocking that Midnight launch jitter. Cannot wait to get home and play with you all.

Vico

There doesn't really appear to be a main menu. There's just the guide which is visible from any part of the app. If you're watching something press menu and it'll appear.

That's what I understood, yeah. It'd be better with a main menu as well.

Ein Bear

Halo 3 Mark V was always just the helmet. Don't remember if the same is true for Halo 4 Mark V.

Halo 3 only had the Mark V helmet, there was no Mark V Chest or Shoulder. Same with ODST and Rogue, just helmets.

Only CQB, EVA, Scout, Security, Recon, EOD, and Hayabusa had the full complement.

It was only the helmet that was labelled as 'Mark V', but the EOD chest was basically the Mark V one too. I seem to remember one of the shoulders being the same, but it's been a while.

I had forgotten that it wasn't all just labelled Mark V armour though, guess that's why it's just the helmet if they're only doing full sets this time round. Shame.

jem0208

That's what I understood, yeah. It'd be better with a main menu as well.

Yeah, a main menu would be nice. I think the current UI is pretty good as well.

Might as well not go to bed then, Jem!

Probably not, just going to be a zombie in school anyway :p

Damn it Jem...

Do you have ones, L's (Lima), or I's (India) flanking your GamerTag?

Mine's the same as GAF name if you or anyone else wants to add me.

I'm pretty sure I've added you...

If I haven't its iL Meanbean Li

So (India)(Lima) Meanbean (Lima)(India)

Sorry for the confusion :p Usually it's written as Il MeanBean lI which is extremely confusing, haha.

Haruko

haha.. yeah I've been around for quite a while in various communities, but definitely MLG forums.

I used to make montages all the time.

lol, right after I posted that, I saw your name credited on HBO's page of Halo CE weapon/powerup timers.

Glad to see you're still around!

King Leo

Neo Member
Is anyone else worried about the dozens of complaints from NZ/AUS? Apparently MCC matchmaking is extreme crap right now if you look over at Waypoint. Everything is acting funny.

Man... the lag on Halo 1 is rough.

It's improved over HPC, but it really still sucks to see the need to lead so much in this game. I really hope dedicated servers play better then custom games.

Ape

Banned
I like what I've seen from halo 5. It looks pretty good so far. The event tonight has me hyped right into the mcc unlock.

My sleep pattern is fucked but i guess that's life.

RoKKeR

I'm forecasting MM will be a disaster tonight. Might just have to roll customs and campaign with my friends until it's sorted out.

The slow matchmaking times makes me feel like the process of matchmaking is slow, not low populations.

Of course we could know for sure if we had population counters.

Top Bottom