• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
By myself I was getting in games all day yesterday finally. Only once did I have to wait longer than a minute or two. Haven't tried parties yet though.

What the hell. I just released the Captain in the Truth and Reconciliation and watched the cutscene. Next thing I know, my team mates are shooting me. And I've got a checkpoint so I'm stuck

This is on legendary so I don't want to do it all again. Is there a way to make allies friendly again?

edit. Keyes is a piece of shit and is lobbing grenades at me

You may have accidentally killed some marines at the beginning of the level, they carry agro through the level, IIRC

After the lastest update I don't get medals in Halo CE or Halo 2 anymore.

Also I kinda miss the Halo CE audio hit markers.

That has never happened to me. All of my MM games I've managed to play were lag free.
Yeah the update seemed to break the medal flashers for me as well.

Akai__

A projectile based utility weapon, ie not a hitscan utility weapon, solves many aiming issues Halo currently has. You can't have the auto aim or bullet magnetism so high when players are always aiming in front of their target instead of directly at him. Leading shots is not just inherently more skillful, it also makes aiming crutches like auto aim or bullet magnetism much less viable.

AIMING SKILLGAP FTW!

I've always prefered non-hitscan.

You don't end up trading kills either, like you did in Reach and in Halo 4. I never had a trading kill situation in Halo 3 with a precision rifle.

dwells

I'm starting to wonder if it's even possible for this game to be fixed at all. It seems like it's so broken and unfinished that continuously rolling out incremental fixes and updates won't be enough to make any sort of real change. Plus, that approach often leads to new bugs, as we've seen with the random Spanish UI elements in the latest update.

Obviously it'll never happen, but I think I'd be happier if they shut it down, recalled the copies that are out there, and released it again in a year once it's been done properly.

RowdyReverb

I'm starting to wonder if it's even possible for this game to be fixed at all. It seems like it's so broken and unfinished that continuously rolling out incremental fixes and updates won't be enough to make any sort of real change. Plus, that approach often leads to new bugs, as we've seen with the random Spanish UI elements in the latest update.

Obviously it'll never happen, but I think I'd be happier if they shut it down, recalled the copies that are out there, and released it again in a year once it's been done properly.

They can fix it. They have the technology.

FyreWulff

Actually, yeah.. if you're having issues with team based playlists, the answer would be to put a bunch of FFA ones up, no?

Then again, don't know how their new playlist system works, if it takes a while to build hoppers, etc like with previous games

Ampoc

Neo Member
So, I'm at Halo 2 on my legendary all-games play through with a good friend of mine who never played any of the original Halos, and this video pretty much summarizes how it goes.

http://xboxclips.com/HAv0c99/db252c1c-de7d-4669-8527-96809badca66

And no, I don't use speedrun tactics because I want my friend to experience the game the way every one did their first time through.

I also learned one valuable lesson. I'm never going back to Halo 1 on Legendary. I still have Nightmares on how long it took for us to beat Two Betrayals..

IHaveIce

Banned
The spawns on the Anniversary maps sure are bad.
On Stonetown I'm spawned almost everytime in sight of an enemy, sure gametypes and maps aren't the top priority right now, but I hope we will see some changes soon

TheOddOne

I saw it coming as soon as they removed squad slayer.
iDp1hiy3H1EcN.gif

Fuchsdh

I've always prefered non-hitscan.

You don't end up trading kills either, like you did in Reach and in Halo 4. I never had a trading kill situation in Halo 3 with a precision rifle.

On the flip-side, Covenant weapons not being hitscan versus human weapons is part of the dynamic of why the campaigns make you feel like a badass.

I feel like they'd need to start adding in the leading indicators like they did for Reach Invasion if they were going to remove hitscan. Otherwise people are going to be confused as anything since the "reticule is red I hit them" won't really be true anymore.

RoKKeR

Halo 3 is certainly my favourite.

Probably partly because I grew up with playing it. I've had a lot of fun on 3.

There is definitely a bit of sentiment attached to Halo 3 for me because that's what really got me involved in gaming, but every time I go back to it I am reminded at how damn good it is across the board.

I still like 3 but it is the weakest of the original trilogy now. I have many good memories of 3, but after playing them back to back to back to back, I think even Halo 4 does some things better....with Legendary rules on that is. Infinity rules still suck lol. Also Halo 3 still has way better maps than 4, but the shooting in 4 feels better...and 1 and 2 also feel better. CUSTOM GAMES THO, man those custom games, I need them alive again 343, fix Halo 3 Forge pls.

Man..if Halo 3 had the shooting mechanics of Halo 1 OR Halo 2 and they tightened up the stories, with the same levels cuz they were fantastic, Halo 3 would be the best man.

daedalius

People just sitting still in matches already huh?

Also the constant quitting really needs to stop, it says there is a penalty but I'm pretty sure there isn't

Just got a match where a guy in the last game was afk on my team again, and it's 4v5. Why am I even trying?

Also the constant quitting really needs to stop, it says there is a penalty but I'm pretty sure there isn't

Just got a match where a guy in the last game was afk on my team again, and it's 4v5. Why am I even trying?

The penalty would be a rank decrease if the rankings were in place...which is why we need them in place asap lol...but they just reset due to glitches anyway...man =/

klodeckel

Banned

I think 80% of the quits are happening because of connection problems and/or massive lags. Have experienced that myself way too often already.

heckfu

Banned
So I've been banned for three months and, why in my spare time I didn't just type up all my thoughts to post when today came I don't know, but I reckon everything has been said up to this point.

I just don't understand how this product had any shot of being put out. What other industry can put out a defective product and not be held accountable in SOME way? I'm not asking for people to get laid off en masse, but there's been no real attempt to make things right except by promising patches (which, by the way, the latest patch prevented my game from even launching until today when it miraculously launched. surprise! still couldn't get in the same lobby with a friend).

I love the folks that work there the same as everyone else who has been lucky enough to meet/interact with them, but I couldn't be more disappointed with the 60 dollars that I wasted on an unfinished product.

Is it just me or is the Big Team Battle playlist completely dead. I can get games in all other playlists but not this o-and I get a game as soon as I type this up.

I swear every time I tried BTB since the update it wouldn't work and when I finally go and comment about it...I get a game. lol.

RowdyReverb

So I've been banned for three months and, why in my spare time I didn't just type up all my thoughts to post when today came I don't know, but I reckon everything has been said up to this point.

I just don't understand how this product had any shot of being put out. What other industry can put out a defective product and not be held accountable in SOME way? I'm not asking for people to get laid off en masse, but there's been no real attempt to make things right except by promising patches (which, by the way, the latest patch prevented my game from even launching until today when it miraculously launched. surprise! still couldn't get in the same lobby with a friend).

I love the folks that work there the same as everyone else who has been lucky enough to meet/interact with them, but I couldn't be more disappointed with the 60 dollars that I wasted on an unfinished product.

Maybe I'm naïve, but I believe them when they say that the matchmaking problems were unanticipated and didn't arise until the game was in the wild. To their credit, it sounds like they're doing their damnedest to fix it asap. The campaign glitches are another story and probably a result of the smaller studios getting late starts on porting those since MCC was originally just going to be H2A.

heckfu

Banned
Maybe I'm naïve, but I believe them when they say that the matchmaking problems were unanticipated and didn't arise until the game was in the wild. To their credit, it sounds like they're doing their damnedest to fix it asap. The campaign glitches are another story and probably a result of the smaller studios getting late starts on porting those since MCC was originally just going to be H2A.

You have to understand that it's their job to make sure that it tests correctly, right? And absolutely their job to make sure the smaller studios do their part...right?

MouldyK

Isn't it ironic that all these years we have had so-called "Halo-Killers" when in reality, all it took to kill Halo was itself?

You have to understand that it's their job to make sure that it tests correctly, right? And absolutely their job to make sure the smaller studios do their part...right?
Yup this.
But I wonder why we didn't see any of these issues on the builds being used before launch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom