• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ryn

Banned
Halo 5 needs these 2 things:
  1. A Custom Games Browser
  2. An Invasion mode that is both PvE and PvP, so something like 4 Spartans against 4 human-controlled Covenant/Forerunners teamed with AI
Spawning as a Suicide Grunt would be badass. How about a Brute where once you're about to die, you go berserk? Unlimited possibilities to draw in more people outside of just the competitive multiplayer we've seen.
YES! YES! YES!

C'mon 343! Make it happen.

Oh, you know it. Of course.
Can't' fuckin' wait!! I have a buddy who hasn't even seen the 3rd movie because he only watches the english dub. I pity him.

OS on top of the arch, 2 clip Rocket underneath it. Green bunker has a sniper, purple has a beam rifle. There's multiple ways to approach the base, I have some "steps" built into the rocks on the non ramp side to allow people to jump up to the top. I feel like it would play ok, but like I said, there's a few spots where I think I need to break up sight lines, but it's hard to know.

I was going for a mesh of Beaver Creek/Sanctuary, minus bases that can actually be "entered".
It's looking really nice. If you need anyone to playtest it when I've got a One I'd definitely be down to help out. It might be good to put some more cover around the arch.
That general area looks like it would be no man's land. Though that might've been what you were going for since it's where the rockets are.

Defect

Four games in a row I get split up with my friend and I lose while going 28 and 6.

I'm finding games consistently but I can't play with my friend. I guess I can only have one or the other.

Magni

So close, yet so far away on that last flag run :(

Customs are so much better than Matchmaking, thanks to Clique for organizing!

Kibbles

Ozzy posted about having a ton of issues when he had a LAN. The MCC Invitational had a bunch of issues on LAN play, Pro Player Goofy has been streaming some LAN action and struggling with that too.

It's not a separate lobby apparently, so a lot of the same issues with joining players and finding games is still there.

jfc. And we all sold our 360s. Fuuuuuckkkkkk

GG's. Carbine + BR = objectively best starting weapons for Halo 2, 3 and 2A.

I hope it doesn't take a long time to get these problems sorted out..

GG's. Carbine + BR = objectively best starting weapons for Halo 2, 3 and 2A.

I hope it doesn't take a long time to get these problems sorted out..

Eh... it would have been nice to know they haven't fixed the Carbine rate of fire in H2 before the match... makes the BR pretty pointless.

Eh, I wouldn't say its a bad voice for another villain, but it sounds nothing like the old Truth and completely contradicts the character they gave him in 2.
They may as well have made him a different character. Keyes sounds terrible compared to Halo 2. Actually halo 3 now seems awful compared to 2. Now it doesn't have the graphics advantage anymore.

Eh... it would have been nice to know they haven't fixed the Carbine rate of fire in H2 before the match... makes the BR pretty pointless.
Hmm, I think you need to play with it more. Over range you need to use a lot of shots and it quickly runs out, whereas the H2 BR has a lot of aim assist, 4sk, has a burst for sweepshots, RRX, etc.

Definitely seems broken at first, but I don't think it's overpowered.

Hmm, I think you need to play with it more. Over range you need to use a lot of shots and it quickly runs out, whereas the H2 BR has a lot of aim assist, 4sk, has a burst for sweepshots, RRX, etc.

But when you can unload literally all of your ammo without reloading with the carbine and no penalty to fire rate, what the fuck is your point?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Clique + Jayrme on one team = quit the fucking game.

Good fun in that Bloodline game though.

The time to kill is much, much faster in absolute terms and counterbalances any spread (or other) advantages. That's why almost everyone had switched to carbines by the end of that Backwash match.

But when you can unload literally all of your ammo without reloading with the carbine and no penalty to fire rate, what the fuck is your point?
Hey asshole, watch your fucking tone. Fucker. And I completely forgot about that glitch; you just reminded me it exists. I've been reloading my Carbine and still pooping on your skull, so what the fuck is your point?
<3
The time to kill is much, much faster in absolute terms and counterbalances any spread (or other) advantages. That's why almost everyone had switched to carbines by the end of that Backwash match.
But that was understandable because it was the first game experiencing it. All I'm saying is, give it a chance in Matchmaking then. Use the Carbine and see if you overpower everyone using the BR on a consistent basis. Too early to say IMO.

The Flash

Banned
Fun time with you guys during the throwdown.

My favorite clip from the night lol

http://xboxclips.com/JAYRMe D/3fd4b212-23b9-44d2-b212-7d257fe02233

Stephen%20Colbert%20telling%20you%20to%20go%20away.gif

Booshka

Hey asshole, watch your fucking tone. Fucker. And I completely forgot about that glitch; you just reminded me it exists. I've been reloading my Carbine and still pooping on your skull, so what the fuck is your point?
<3

But that was understandable because it was the first game experiencing it. All I'm saying is, give it a chance in Matchmaking then. Use the Carbine and see if you overpower everyone using the BR on a consistent basis. Too early to say IMO.

An uncapped 60FPS Carbine is only eclipsed by an Eli the Ninja level Quadshot with BR. Carbine is overpowered.

No... it's definitely a faster kill time since the RoF is not locked to a 30fps game. I mean, I'll try it in MM but in that Backwash match I went from being unable to kill you (or really anyone with a BR) to melting anyone I managed to see first with the Carbine. You can just get too many shots off too fast, to the point you barely have to even track the person: you just line up and let loose.

Obvious solution for Carbine bug: introduce Framedrop Grenade that turns anyone caught in its blast radius into a walking slideshow. Problem solved!

Defect

I don't know if 343 did some new server based tweaks or something but I've been finding games pretty consistently with a friend today.

Also I found out that if you are having issues joining a friend and if it says "in your game" in party chat, just search a playlist and you will automatically connect to each other.

Omni

Is there a way to speed up or skip through Halo in Halo CE?

Level takes a while solo on Legendary. Can't be bothered really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom