• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

I enjoyed the Reach campaign, but always felt like it suffered from feeling more like a 'Halo: Greatest Hits' collection rather than it's own thing. You've got the bit that's like the beach landing from Silent Cartographer, the bit that's like the sniper section at night in Truth & Reconciliation, the bit that's like the city fighting in Outskirts, etc, etc.

That's actually how they designed the game. Lehto wanted to revisit all the level styles they had done well, and put in the ones they really wanted to do that had to be cut from 1/2/3.

The only one had to kill again was a beach landing level with watercraft you could pilot (which Lehto had been trying to get in since Halo 1) and one where you pilot a Scarab after New Alexandria is destroyed through it's ruins.

That's actually how they designed the game. Lehto wanted to revisit all the level styles they had done well, and put in the ones they really wanted to do that had to be cut from 1/2/3.

The only one had to kill again was a beach landing level with watercraft you could pilot (which Lehto had been trying to get in since Halo 1) and one where you pilot a Scarab after New Alexandria is destroyed through it's ruins.

at least back in Longshore you could float around on the rafts
qIQ03Eq.png

CliQ

Hey guys I just finished making a video of this week's MCC Throwdown. Check it out and if you want to play in the MCC Throwdown PM me your GT and I will add you to my friends list.

For everyone who was in the Throwdown this week watch the end for a good laugh.

Enjoy!

MCC Throwdown - Week 2 Moments!

Was only able to do 720p 30fps because that's what XBO videos get saved at.

nillapuddin

Whatever versions of Halo 4 are in the MCC, should be stripped down to disabled AA's and loadouts, atleast then there would be a small resemblance of consistency throughout the saga.

Halo 4 without all the garbage is alotta fun

Madness

Hey guys I just finished making a video of this week's MCC Throwdown. Check it out and if you want to play in the MCC Throwdown PM me your GT and I will add you to my friends list.

For everyone who was in the Throwdown this week watch the end for a good laugh.

Enjoy!

MCC Throwdown - Week 2 Moments!

Was only able to do 720p 30fps because that's what XBO videos get saved at.

Great video! Love the use of the Halo 3 warthog run music. Seemed like you guys had a blast.

nillapuddin

It already mostly is

Wouldn't know, played one match and it was full loadouts, aa's and whatnot.

In my mind they should have just made the decision to eliminate all perks and abilities.

But then again, it doesn't seem like any of the respective multiplayer suites had any individual attention to them

Karl2177

That video was pretty cool. Reminded me of times playing Halo 3 and having a crazy good game with lots of snipes and stuff. Now I play too aggressively and those clips would end in a "Respawn in 3..."

Madness

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...social&utm_channel=Technology&linkId=10696494

In an age when broken game releases are unfortunately becoming the norm, the Halo: Master Chief situation is the worst of them all. Here you have a game that by all accounts is close to perfect in concept and execution, but a complete technical meltdown destroyed its launch, is continuing to destroy its entire release window, and may very well destroy its legacy if players don’t come back when the game finally is fixed.

But Halo was a perfectly cooked steak that fell off the plate onto the floor, and now players are waiting for someone to pick it up and clean it off. Even then, they may have lost their appetite for it.

Article really lays into 343 and MS for the MCC launch and how it could undue all their hard earned work towards getting people excited for Xbox One etc. Some choice quotes, but that steak analogy pretty accurately brutal.

CliQ

That video was pretty cool. Reminded me of times playing Halo 3 and having a crazy good game with lots of snipes and stuff. Now I play too aggressively and those clips would end in a "Respawn in 3..."

Yeah i just wanted to capture some of the chaos that went on last night. Big Team games are the best kind of games if you ask me. Just need the right settings.

Really confused why halo 4 is considered the best looking game in the collection. It looks okay at best. Over baked lighting with really muddy textures. The sky boxes are literally the most low res looking backdrops in the entire series. It had terrible frame rate problems in the collection too.

Please explain... Cuz I really wanted to like it but wasn't wowed at all...

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Watching right now. edit. Was beautiful. Would it be possible to capture team chat in the future? The comms were crazy during that VMVash save.

Why not? We could write gametype scripts for Reach without having to mod or do weird shenanigans to get them to work.

I understood that as an "only PC port". That would be a crime.

I need Reach on the One.

Karl2177

There's a 50 file limit for maps. :/
40 Screenshots...
0 Saved Films...
50 Gametypes...

What are these arbitrary file restrictions for?

RowdyReverb

Hindsight is 20/20, but wouldn't it have been nice if they focused on just releasing a totally functional H2A this month, followed by the MCC 6 months later that still includes H2A? Not sure if that would increase hype or fatigue for Halo 5 though.

Fuck putting reach on PC. If anything put it on the One.
DLC next year for MCC (if it works by then).

Fully integrated into MCC UI

Here is how I would do this.

There will be lower player count by then due to time and all this broken game business. They should offer Reach MP for free as an update so the userbase does not split like it normally does with dlc and as a thank you to everyone who stuck wtih the game through its brokenness. You are forced to use default armor though and you cannot earn Reach achievements. You can do the requirements, but they wont unlock until you pay. Paying will unlock the Reach and ODST campaigns, Firefight mode for both games, and customization and achievements for Reach MP.

The Flash

Banned
Here is how I would do this.

There will be lower player count by then due to time and all this broken game business. They should offer Reach MP for free as an update so the userbase does not split like it normally does with dlc and as a thank you to everyone who stuck wtih the game through its brokenness. You are forced to use default armor though and you cannot earn Reach achievements. You can do the requirements, but they wont unlock until you pay. Paying will unlock the Reach and ODST campaigns, Firefight mode for both games, and customization and achievements for Reach MP.

They've got to do something to get people back after this mess. Adding Reach and ODST would be a good start.

They've got to do something to get people back after this mess. Adding Reach and ODST would be a good start.

It would take too lomg to do that since Reach was not in the plan. I say, give us the beta (if functional) now so we can get our mp fix now and then fix MCC's mp in the meantime...

You'd really have to wonder what populations could have been had they not messed the game up.

Also with all the refunds and massive amounts of digital sales, MCC is gonna have a pathetic Npd showing.

Is there such a thing as good Halo news lately?

It would take too lomg to do that since Reach was not in the plan. I say, give us the beta (if functional) now so we can get our mp fix now and then fix MCC's mp in the meantime...

Yeah, that's definitely how AAA game development being run through a multinational hyperpower of a corporation further still through a surrogate industry which is snowflaking a workload out to an even more specialized spectra of developers in turn works.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Yeah, that's definitely how AAA game development being run through a multinational hyperpower of a corporation further still through a surrogate industry which is snowflaking a workload out to an even more specialized spectra of developers in turn works.

Just a snap of the fingers and it'll be done. It's just a few lines of code, what's the big deal? /s

You'd really have to wonder what populations could have been had they not messed the game up.

Also with all the refunds and massive amounts of digital sales, MCC is gonna have a pathetic Npd showing.

Is there such a thing as good Halo news lately?

Lol, there's like <5% of people getting refunds. It's just vastly blown out of proportion because they are loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom