• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ryn

Banned
Wait, holy crap, really? Link?
Somehow I came across this while searching.
Unfortunately I can't find the vid Noble is talking about. I really want to see it too.

Most crouch jumps hardly require good timing.

And honestly my biggest issue with clamber is actually the hold to clamber option. I would much prefer if they removed that, there is a beta for a reason.

As for your second point, all that means is that the skill jumps are going to higher.

Also, if you're in a firefight and make a mistake like that you'll die anyway.

Also, crouch jumping confirmed?

http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.p...r-beta-reveal-discussion/page-159#entry339311
Sweeeeeeet

This would be really great.

Magni

For the record, I don't think any of you are wrong for wanting something extra. It's been a ridiculous failure of a launch. I just don't think they are obligated to do jack.

They're not legally obligated to do jack shit, but I'd say they are ethically obligated to do something.

I would also be very surprised to be preordering Halo 5 after this launch. I'm not a kid anymore, I don't care about preorder bonuses, I just want a game that works, and 343/MS have lost my trust for now.

The Flash

Banned
KXtcpc0.png

lol

-Ryn

Banned
They're not legally obligated to do jack shit, but I'd say they are ethically obligated to do something.

I would also be very surprised to be preordering Halo 5 after this launch. I'm not a kid anymore, I don't care about preorder bonuses, I just want a game that works, and 343/MS have lost my trust for now.
I actually realized that there's really no reason to preorder games a while ago.
It doesn't benefit you at all. The only exception I can really think of is when there is a Limited Edition you really want.
Even then though you can usually find them later on.

I found a Halo 2 LE in perfect condition for $20 last year. It even had the Xbox Live card (silver wasn't scratched off) and some coupons for Halo Slurpees.

TheOddOne

I love this qoute. "Think of it as automatic versus manual transmission in racing games."
Reminds me of when Franky said the perks in H4 are like fine tuning a race car. Weeelp
On one hand, with the options given, players are at risk at losing some power of mobility, which could lead to some battles being played out unfavorably. On the other hand, at least those options are not global, unchangeable, settings that take away the mobility from all the players. Putting that power and trade-off in the hand of players sounds reasonable.

The perk system barely had any sensible trade-offs.

It's a shame you ground-pound with crouch. I'd love to idle in that Stabilizer ability and air-teabag a ton before ground-pounding.
Wait.. so you can't crouch in the air anymore at all? When people were saying this eliminates the need for crouch jumping, I didn't think it actually took away the ability to crouch jump too..........

What, Y.

Ramirez

I'm assuming spring jumping is the same as manipulating mancannon landings, allowing you to slide far further than just landing and not moving.

^ I don't think anyone knows if it's truly gone. Crouch is still labeled on the controls...

Tawpgun

Ubisoft is letting everyone with a season pass to AC Unity get all the gear from it, the DLC, and a free game.

If you didn't have the season pass you still get the DLC for free.

Wonder what 343 is gonna do. Doubt microsoft will just say "Have anything published by microsoft games"

Ramirez

Ubisoft is letting everyone with a season pass to AC Unity get all the gear from it, the DLC, and a free game.

Wonder what 343 is gonna do. Doubt microsoft will just say "Have anything published by microsoft games"

Pretty easy way to dump off Ryse on us.

Overdoziz

Banned

They don't owe us anything.

I'm assuming spring jumping is the same as manipulating mancannon landings, allowing you to slide far further than just landing and not moving.

^ I don't think anyone knows if it's truly gone. Crouch is still labeled on the controls...
Yeah when on the ground, but in the air if crouch is used to ground pound then crouch jumping is probably gone since you hover for a second, unless you only hover if the circle is white, no? Hmm, I hope this isn't the case as it would definitely slow gameplay down if you have to clamber to get over every object slightly higher than regular jumping.

As time progresses, more and more I wish they went with faster movement speed despite initially being alright with sprint. I see how sprint is just an illusion of speed still, so there's no use to having it in Halo 5 over increasing base speed. People wouldn't think Halo gameplay is slow if base speed wasn't so slow and kill times weren't so long.

jem0208

Yeah when on the ground, but in the air if crouch is used to ground pound then crouch jumping is probably gone since you hover for a second, unless you only hover if the circle is white, no? Hmm, I hope this isn't the case as it would definitely slow gameplay down if you have to clamber to get over every object slightly higher than regular jumping.

As time progresses, more and more I wish they went with faster movement speed despite initially being alright with sprint. I see how sprint is just an illusion of speed still, so there's no use to having it in Halo 5 over increasing base speed. People wouldn't think Halo gameplay is slow if base speed wasn't so slow and kill times weren't so long.

Crouch jump might still be a thing...

http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.p...r-beta-reveal-discussion/page-159#entry339311

There is still skill involved with Clamber. When combined with crouch or spring jump, it can get pretty crazy where players can get to. Not to mention chaining thruster on top of that.

Deez is a 343 mouthpiece, as multiplayer designer of course he will act like they will listen. Like how greenshill is a mouthpiece while not working for 343.

And ffs 343 the AR should NOT be in the same range as the BR and Deez basically confirmed that ADS changes the way the game is played by changing weapon behavior.

So again. Fuck ADS.

jem0208

Deez is a 343 mouthpiece, as multiplayer designer of course he will act like they will listen. Like how greenshill is a mouthpiece while not working for 343.

And ffs 343 the AR should NOT be in the same range as the BR and Deez basically confirmed that ADS changes the way the game is played by changing weapon behavior.

So again. Fuck ADS.

I thought it was more interesting that he implied the SMG is better than the BR...

-Ryn

Banned

Mancannon slides are so much fun. Feels like you're playing Tribes.

Okay now that is exciting to me if it can be linked with Thrusters and other movement options instead of being a stiff ability.
I was hoping this would be the case so seeing it confirmed gets me even more excited.

It's too bad Quinn and more 343 people don't post here. I feel like Beyond is exponentially harsher to Halo than this place, yet we're the ones who get shit thrown at us and Frankie leaving our luv on the dawn of a poor TMCC launch ;'[
Flamesword actually just posted a video yesterday about spring jumps.
This is cool and I'm glad it exists. Good to see advanced tech in Halo.

Omni

I've been watching speed runs of Halo 2 to make my legendary run a bit smoother. I used to just plough straight through it but that can be grindy.

Anywho. In many of the videos I've noticed sword flying. Can you still do that? I've never done it before

Who cares about the BR.. The weapon should've been removed after Halo 2, and rightfully was after Halo 3.

People complain about automatics being babby weapons, but the BR is a babby's rifle, so get over it. Doesn't even require decent aiming to land a headshot.. just sweep and earn 100k like Ace did.
;]

jem0208

These are the people that are in charge of the multiplayer...
I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. Depends on how its balanced. I just thought it was interesting.

Actually from the footage we've seen its quite nice that almost all the weapons seem viable. It's getting quite boring being forced to use the BR in pretty much every situation.

Eh, maybe that's because I've played nothing but Team BRs for the past 40 matches.

I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. Depends on how its balanced. I just thought it was interesting.

Actually from the footage we've seen its quite nice that almost all the weapons seem viable. It's getting quite boring being forced to use the BR in pretty much every situation.

Eh, maybe that's because I've played nothing but Team BRs for the past 40 matches.
Meh. Halo needs a utility weapon.
The SMG is a close range weapon that shouldn't be able to go mid range like the Br or close-mid like the AR.

--fuck ADS

jem0208

Meh. Halo needs a utility weapon.
The SMG is a close range weapon that shouldn't be able to go mid range like the Br or close-mid like the AR.

--fuck ADS
Why can't we have multiple utility weapons? Actually, why can't every weapon be effective at their given range? In previous Halos a BR was almost always the preferred weapon, no matter the range. Unless you had a power weapon it was always the BR. That's quite boring

I'd rather have it where most of the time close up an AR wins against a BR. A skilled player should obviously still be able to outplay a lesser skilled player. However adding that layer of strategy involved in having the right weapon for the job would make the game much more interesting IMO. It would force people to consider their movements far more based upon the weapons their holding.

DMR/Pistol is definitely a lot better than the shitshow that is the BR.

I can get behind this, it's not that I dislike the BR it's just I've had enough of it dominating game play over Halo 2, 3 & 4. 4's Turbo update especially. I hope more of the weapons sandbox can come out and play in Halo 5.

Omni

Halo 3 Legendary complete. I really like how the last mission is an homage to AotCR and the Maw.

Yeah, that's cool. There are a few places on The Ark as you're walking through those buildings that are similar to pieces of geometry on the first Halo too. Thought it was a nice touch

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Reduce the range of the DMR and axe the BR completely. I still don't get the point of having so many precision primary weapons.

or y'know.... just merge the 2 and voila! you have the original BR mechanics as shown at E3 2003

3 shot burst zoomed out, single shot zoomed in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom