• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Anyone wanna play some games with mesa?

MonVall5.jpg

daedalius

The weapon timers for CE are fucked, the top sniper on Damnation spawned 3 times for me in 30 seconds, lol.

I picked up the sniper on infinity about that much, then I thought I was standing on the edge far enough back and fell to the lower platform.

CE fall damage. Love it.

Back in the day I had an okay working relationship with Lockout. These days I just straight up don't like it.

I love a lot of the maps in Halo 2 but the auto aim is just way to excessive for me.

Put in some button combos and it just get ridiculous to die in 3 seconds without knowing were your being shot from.

Needless to say, I would not complain if combos were removed.

Obscured

Someone betrayed me for the sniper. Twice. What a douche.

Other thing I've noticed that I had forgotten about is the amount of people who either quit or AFK. Feels like Halo 3.

Most games I've gotten into have been fun though. Even had a run of 4 games with guys that were using their mics, made it so much better.

Magni

Looks like IWHBYD is broken for me. I've tried for three hours now, fuck this, I'll wait for a patch.

Talking about patches, have they mentioned anything about the broken Bumper Jumper for Halo 2?

JDHarbs

Cross-posting for all you forgers wanting to spend time making stuff that's already in the game cuz reasons.

Been working on putting together a forge guide for remakes over the past few weeks, and I've got one of the maps finalized and thought I should get some feedback before I start the rest. Not going to do this for 100+ maps and then realize I did something wrong. So here's a preview of Battle Creek from Halo CE. Background is a simple screencap of the loading screen.

Each square on the grid is equivalent to 1 forge unit in H2A. Center dot represents coordinates (0,0) for your starting point.

15886790861_60b193e650_o.png

Grabbed camo on High 'em High and saw it had respawned not 10 seconds later.
This can happen if no one has picked up Camo and the timer is almost up. For example, if it takes 1 minute for Camo to spawn, if you pick up the previous Camo after 55 secs of it spawning, a new one will still spawn after the next 5 secs because they weapons and Power-ups are on consistent timers.

A doesn't do anything. D-pad to change grenades? Fuck that.

You're talking about the IWHBYD skull? It changes *some* dialogue of NPCs *some* of the time. That's all it does.

Are you saying it's broken when you activate it or that you can't get it to spawn on Outskirts? Because I can guarantee that it works as intended when activated and if done properly it does spawn on Outskirts, although the spawn is random so it takes some trying. I say this because I use it all the time, and I've spawned it out on Outskirts 5 times now just for making and remaking videos.

IHaveIce

Banned
I am not looking forward to that level. Took me forever to get past the first section on Heroic...
The first room on legendary is streichen ght up awful
Needler is actually pretty damn good for brutes. It's hard to get your hands on a carbine in that opening, and the PP/PR are useless.
My problem is really only the first room, you start right in the sightlines of two brutes, the needler is effective against them, but you can't be out in the open too long, not being able to headshot grunts so they don't annoy you is also a big minus.
after the first room it is pretty normal except for the aimbot snipers sometimes and the swarms of buggers.

It doesn't help that this level now resetted 2 times for me, and I have to play it over and over again

Edit: wtf at the Halo 5 gif, charge needs to be nerfed like right now

Nowise10

In Halo 3 when a Phantom blows ups, it literally leaves an entire phantom blown up on the ground. In Halo 4, when a phantom blows up, its turns into two pieces of rubble. That don't even look like they are pieces from a Phantom. And they get deleted within 20 seconds.

Why.

Omni

The hardest level on legendary in any Halo campaign that I can think of off the top of my head.

Good job.

wut

Also, did the patch fix the game? 'cause I can't find any BTB games now. Gonna try the other playlists in a sec, but it seems the same if not worse to me

Zoolader

I use to not know of the noob combo back in 2004 when I first completed the game solo on legendary. The part where the covenant ships dock Cairo Station felt nearly impossible without the combo and is still even a headache today using that trick. There is no other choking point in any Halo game that got to me like that part did.

People complain all the time about certain levels that I've breezed though like the jackal snipers on New Mombasa. What was your hardest level you've ever played on legendary if you don't mind sharing?

Ramirez

I use to not know of the noob combo back in 2004 when I first completed the game solo on legendary. The part where the covenant ships dock Cairo Station felt nearly impossible without the combo and is still even a headache today using that trick. There is no other choking point in any Halo game that got to me like that part did.

People complain all the time about certain levels that I've breezed though like the jackal snipers on New Mombasa. What was your hardest level you've ever played on legendary if you don't mind sharing?

T&R, AotCR, Gravemind, & High Charity are waaaay harder than Cairo, IMO.

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
T&R, AotCR, Gravemind, & High Charity are waaaay harder than Cairo, IMO.

The beginning of Gravemind is disgusting. I've never done it co-op so I don't know if that makes it any easier, but it sure sucks by yourself. Cairo in general is a harder challenge throughout the entire level than Gravemind. Remove the beginning of Gravemind and it's not even a challenge. I'm about to hit T&R on my Legendary run and I'm not looking forward to it.

-Ryn

Banned
So...

Range is kinda sorta crazy.
I'm now wondering if there will be an option for 3rd or 1st person camera.
How did that dude not see or hear the guy coming behind him?

Damn, that's a straight up sword kill. I wouldn't mind that if it didn't end up being a one hit kill if he was facing you. They should give a medal for this called the Osama.
It's been confirmed it won't kill unless it's from the back.

Gotta go fast
Well he is blue.

Speaking of blue and fast people... what happened to Speedy anyway?

In Halo 3 when a Phantom blows ups, it literally leaves an entire phantom blown up on the ground. In Halo 4, when a phantom blows up, its turns into two pieces of rubble. That don't even look like they are pieces from a Phantom. And they get deleted within 20 seconds.

Why.
I really miss debri. Blowing up stuff isn't as satisfying when there's no blowupified stuff to look at.

Still held your own against 3 people though :p
...hehe... haha... HAHAHAHAHA!!

Computer

Why dose this shit even need a beta test to know that it is broken? People get paid a lot of money to balance games so how dose this happen? I just cant understand.

So...

Range is kinda sorta crazy.
I'm now wondering if there will be an option for 3rd or 1st person camera.
How did that dude not see or hear the guy coming behind him?

It's been confirmed it won't kill unless it's from the back.

Well he is blue.

Speaking of blue and fast people... what happened to Speedy anyway?

I really miss debri. Blowing up stuff isn't as satisfying when there's no blowupified stuff to look at.

...hehe... haha... HAHAHAHAHA!!

Probably did not see him because he lunged from like beyond radar range. Ether way a kill from the back no shield when hit from the front you cant counter that shit. So fucking dumb. I can see lunge battles something like armor lock battles in H5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom