• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dub117

Why can't we have multiple utility weapons? Actually, why can't every weapon be effective at their given range? In previous Halos a BR was almost always the preferred weapon, no matter the range. Unless you had a power weapon it was always the BR. That's quite boring

I'd rather have it where most of the time close up an AR wins against a BR. A skilled player should obviously still be able to outplay a lesser skilled player. However adding that layer of strategy involved in having the right weapon for the job would make the game much more interesting IMO. It would force people to consider their movements far more based upon the weapons their holding.

I can get behind this, it's not that I dislike the BR it's just I've had enough of it dominating game play over Halo 2, 3 & 4. 4's Turbo update especially. I hope more of the weapons sandbox can come out and play in Halo 5.

QFT

Um I didn't get a patch update, is it server side?

Also seeing nothing on waypoint, it has to be server side right?

I would temper that. I am getting games and others are, but just like the last patch (which really helped me btw) it doesn't help others. It seems like 50/50 to me.

You cursed me, got a match in 5 minutes. Game ends right away. Booted to lobby with the same people. God Damn it.

edit:
Searching
Searching
Searching
Searching
Searching
Searching
Searching
Searching

Magni

I would have been your daddy, but I can't get the damn skull to spawn. Gonna play Geometry Wars after over an hour of trying :(

Booshka

Lets see here...

Slay Faster Than Pistol
Rockets
Sniper
Melee
Shotgun

Slay Slower Than Pistol
PR
PP
Needler
AR

Wow, it almost looks like the starting utility weapon, that "overpowered" pistol, sits squarely in the middle in terms of slaying power. Almost like it's a nice blend between power and utility, where its rarely the preferred weapon in any situation, but it gives the user the ability to excel in any situation with skill.

Almost like it's perfectly balanced.

Why can't we have multiple utility weapons? Actually, why can't every weapon be effective at their given range? In previous Halos a BR was almost always the preferred weapon, no matter the range. Unless you had a power weapon it was always the BR. That's quite boring

I'd rather have it where most of the time close up an AR wins against a BR. A skilled player should obviously still be able to outplay a lesser skilled player. However adding that layer of strategy involved in having the right weapon for the job would make the game much more interesting IMO. It would force people to consider their movements far more based upon the weapons their holding.

Halo CE is this, Carbine, DMR, BR, Lightrifle is redundant. I would personally pick the DMR, make it shoot and aim more like the CE Pistol, then shrink the sandbox down so weapons and their roles are more clearly defined like they are in CE.

The Flash

Banned
Just got connection to host has failed twice after resetting. Still totally broken. I am depressed.

Cr9thpU.png

<3 U Frankles. Still waiting for Cortana to give me the correct response to "What is best in life".

Dub117

Lol started 1v2 in H2A. Kicks only opponent. Achievement unlocked: MVP. Ranked up one level. I'm That Fucking Good.

Edit: I'm going to say in all honesty, matchmaking was working way better earlier today for me. Under a minute wait, and fairly even. Now I can't get a match to go through without kickimg everyone. Or connection failed. Dang it :(

Edit 2: lol tashi. Finally got one to go. Neutral bomb shrine. H2A is seriously fucking awesome when it works

daedalius

Make sure you restart your game to get the update, it won't apply if you don't I imagine.

Please reduce weighting of Gungoose CTF in btb. It was ok the first time, but....

FyreWulff

Has this always been a thing in Halo? Never knew about this

A form of it has been in since at least Halo 2.

I used it all the time in H2 to get early ghost on Burial Mounds, or early snipe on ODST Crater FF

You can also use it to skip yourself across Valhalla (which is why i prefer waterfall base on that map)

The Flash

Banned
For some reasons it seems people play a lot more selfishly in MCC

I've learned that he's still in high school and just did it for the lols. Explains 90% of it. I'm drilling him for the other 10% now. No random douchebag betrays me twice in a row and gets away with it.

Ninja's entire stream telling him to quit out of this Epitatph AR starts match lmfao

2014 man.. SMG/AR starts in Halo 2, 3 and H2A just aren't fun. Couple that with motion tracker and can you blame people for quitting a match that would probably take around ~12-15 minutes to complete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom