• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't played anything yet, but holy hell the XBO controller is the greatest thing ever. I just wish it was bigger. Gotta cater to them cod babbies tho

Only the GCN controller competes

The idea that 343 had no clue that so much of this game was fucked prior to release...

ghzaZ.gif

Madness

I also don't think every single issue will be fixed. They'll keep doing patches and updates to where it's playable and largely bug free, but it won't be cost feasible for the studio to keep at it, especially with the fact Halo 5 release is coming.

It's not even the bugs personally that is the worrying problem, but the player population and playlist management especially after Halo 5 beta. Maybe if the game is bundled free down the line, but I think it's going to be tough. Even if matches are found easy, will probably be a huge disparity in ranks/skill.

Tawpgun

I also don't think every single issue will be fixed. They'll keep doing patches and updates to where it's playable and largely bug free, but it won't be cost feasible for the studio to keep at it, especially with the fact Halo 5 release is coming.

It's not even the bugs personally that is the worrying problem, but the player population and playlist management especially after Halo 5 beta. Maybe if the game is bundled free down the line, but I think it's going to be tough. Even if matches are found easy, will probably be a huge disparity in ranks/skill.

All I want, is to consistently get into even team matches with a party of friends.

If they can nail this, and being able to have stable customs, I'm all over MCC

Madness

All I want, is to consistently get into even team matches with a party of friends.

If they can nail this, and being able to have stable customs, I'm all over MCC

Yeah, I agree. That's why matchmaking was so vital. Dedicated servers, in game ranks. That all goes out the window if 300 people are left playing Halo 2 Classic or something. They should focus on bringing player population counters back. Who cares if it leads to debates or what not.

It's crazy how customs, party joining/matching, LAN and other things have been so messed up.

-Ryn

Banned
"Hey guys, Classic Halo doesnt work anymore so Here is Halo 5: Guardians"

343 after the abysmal launch of the MCC
Simply diabolical!!

I haven't played anything yet, but holy hell the XBO controller is the greatest thing ever. I just wish it was bigger. Gotta cater to them cod babbies tho

Only the GCN controller competes
I know your pain breh. Most controllers just aren't designed for the larger handed gentleman I'm afraid.

If they can get it mostly fixed by the time the Halo 5 beta hits then hopefully the people left over will give the game another shot. If that happens I can see the game holding a healthy population.

-Ryn

Banned
Playing Halo Reach right now.

I really hope the shield sound effect gets changed back in Halo 5.
Geez people quit out left and right these days. Haven't had a single match yet where someone didn't leave at the beginning.

I think one of the sad things is the fact that even if Halo 5 has legitimate issues prior to launch 343 will have to cringe and again say, "remember this is a build that's still in progress."

Then the world will snicker and hiss.

-Ryn

Banned
I think one of the sad things is the fact that even if Halo 5 has legitimate issues prior to launch 343 will have to cringe and again say, "remember this is a build that's still in progress."

Then the world will snicker and hiss.
I've always preferred booing to hissing. Hissing makes you sound like an idiot.

RowdyReverb

It's weird how inconsistent my MCC experience has been. Some game sessions it works great. Other time, I can't find a match at all. There is no in-between. Today, for instance, I had two good play sessions and one bad one where I just gave up on searching.

Ambition

So I got Halo MCC with my new Xbox One and I was wondering, is it downloading an update? All it says is installing.. Also, do any of you guys know where I could trade an AC BF game code for something else like idk Forza?

The game has straight up crashed half a dozen times since the patch, never happened before. It like sends me to what looks like a custom lobby and the brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr back to dashboard.

So what's the update on this? Did they release a patch this week? Any notes besides the head of the studios letter last week?

Sorry, been too busy enjoying Titanfall.

Ramirez

So what's the update on this? Did they release a patch this week? Any notes besides the head of the studios letter last week?

Sorry, been too busy enjoying Titanfall.

There was another patch, showed slight improvement. Biggest issue is still uneven teams, party split, and too many people on maps.

-Ryn

Banned
One game I didn't even bother attempting on Legendary. Mission design in the campaign is frustrating, even on heroic

Still want a sequel though
The mission where you are on a timer to save 3 different groups of marines is stupid. Even if you've killed everyone and are almost to the base you'll fail when the timer goes out. WHY?

I too want a sequel

Please don't trigger Ryn again. It's big bad Em Esses fault and the shed studio who used Prit stick and sellotape to cobble together the UI, Ok? Ok
10675226.gif

TheOddOne

You can be critical and you can be obnoxious. Make a point, and then stop trying to repeat it for the next 6 posts until you make another new well argued point.

belushy

Banned
It's been beaten to death already. Everyone knows MCC is broken. Let's move onto something else like the abortion Halo 5 beta.

h5 can be summed up pretty well.

Some people like the new things in Halo 5
Some people hate the new things in halo 5
Some people hate some things in Halo 5 and like other things
Some people will hate Halo 5 no matter what 343 does.
Some people just want Halo Combat Evolved 2.
Some people want Shadowrun 2
No one wants Project Livechamber.

Oh and its a beta, so everything is subject to change.

-Ryn

Banned
Who is this directed at?
Probably just general advice. I'd wager we've all been guilty of it at one point or another.

Everyone wants Project Livechamber.

FTFY

Can't let all those intense gravity gauntlet discussions be for naught.

TheOddOne

Who is this directed at?
Mostly general observation of the repeat discussion that seems to be happening over the last few pages. I get why and people have every right to complain, but at certain times it seems that either people are just trying to keep this obnoxious spiral going. Instead of just making one well argued post, they make the same point over multiple post but argue it so terribly that it watered-down their well intentioned criticisms.

Snark is fine though, but even that can be obnoxious when you overdo it (or chose the wrong moments to do it).

Mostly general observation of the repeat discussion that seems to be happening over the last few pages. I get why and people have every right to complain, but at certain times it seems that either people are just trying to keep this obnoxious spiral going. Instead of just making one well argued post, they make the same point over multiple post but argue it so terribly that it watered-down their well intentioned criticisms.

Snark is fine though, but even that can be obnoxious when you overdo it (or chose the wrong moments to do it).

Disagreeing with specific people is fine. Making ambiguous statements directed at no one is worse than focused negativity because nobody knows what you are talking about.

Madness

That TitanFall deluxe edition sale is crazy. Going to definitely buy today to get my shooter fix. $15 in Canada compared to $12.49 in US, but it's a steal at that price for all the expansions included.

TheOddOne

Disagreeing with specific people is fine. Making ambiguous statements directed at no one is worse than focused negativity because nobody knows what you are talking about.
Did you read what I actually wrote? The first line in my previous post was "Mostly general observation". There is no need to call out somebody specific, because it doesn’t only apply to only one person or specific group. We’re all been guilty of doing it once in a while, and can get caught up in it.

From your tone, I must have hit some nerve I guess.

I think part of the reason I'm more open to Spartan Abilities over AAs / Equipment is because rather than make them just rely on a single button (which by extension makes them feel kinda gimmicky, AAs / Equips that is), they're actually integrated as proprietary functions with existing button functions. It makes them feel a lot more ingrained in the sandbox and less flavor-of-the-week, imo.

Oh, and fuck walmart. I got the MCC bundle and it was supposed to come with a $30 gift card. I ask about it at checkout and both of the ladies ringing it up tell me I'm supposed to go online at home and punch in a code on the receipt to redeem it. So I get all the way home and can't find anything. I call them and ask if I'm supposed to go online, and the customer service rep says "oh no, you get it here!" I ask if I need to come back night of and she says yeah, because the deal only lasts for the day so I basically wouldn't get a rebate if I didn't go back. I come back and go to customer service and this poor old woman who should already be retired tries looking the issue up in the system for me. She's coughing up a storm and doesn't look like she could operate a typewriter, much less a goddamn cashier workstation. Midway through entering it one of the other girls working customer service stops by and says "hey, you're good for a smoke when you're free." Guess it wasn't a cold. Anyways, after hunting and pecking her way to the information, it requires authorization and she botches something, and it's not until one of the younger workers stops by and helps her out that I finally get my gift card.

I swear, for all the shit it gets I had more issues getting the god damn deal than I did using the XBO. I'm just at the bae's place while he works a half-day, so it kind of works out since the Bone's at home and needs to download everything anyways. I love how the MCC XBO bundle says "90GB download required, standard ISP rates apply" right on the box.

Two and a half people want Project Livechamber.
Murder Miners is more dad than Halo.

ftfy

-Ryn

Banned
I'll take an ambiguous statement that holds a basic truth over constant repetition. You don't have to always call out a specific person to make a point or make an observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom