• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've gone on and on about how it's almost identical to scoping. If that's true...

Didn't Frankie go on and on about how Halo 4 "is taking Halo back to its roots" and how "it feels like Halo" and to "trust us"? Why are you relying more on corporate PR speak than what your own eyes are telling your brain?

jem0208

Amazingly disappointing

Titanfall has some solid gameplay

What did you find disappointing about it?

looking on xbox.com to see if that titanfall shiz is still cheap.
other than that, im pretty good

Make sure you buy the Digital Deluxe edition, comes with all the DLC for the same price.

Didn't Frankie go on and on about how Halo 4 "is taking Halo back to its roots" and how "it feels like Halo" and to "trust us"? Why are you relying more on corporate PR speak than what your own eyes are telling your brain?

Well, I've been looking at it and it does appear to function almost exactly the same as zoom. At least for precision weapons. Not entirely sure how I feel about the automatic weapons having zoom/ads added, however we know that it doesn't effect movement so that's the biggest problem already eliminated.

Prepare for titanfall

Well, I've been looking at it and it does appear to function almost exactly the same as zoom. At least for precision weapons. Not entirely sure how I feel about the automatic weapons having zoom/ads added, however we know that it doesn't effect movement so that's the biggest problem already eliminated.

The fact that it modifies the Automatics shows that is not cosmetic or the same as zoom though.

Doesn't affect movement? I don't remember zooming in Classic Halo turning you into Battlefront Vader, hovering over the battlefield like a fucking blimp.

-Ryn

Banned
looking on xbox.com to see if that titanfall shiz is still cheap.
other than that, im pretty good
Deal probably won't be around by the time I get a One but when I do we should definitely play.

Because they haven't just been SAYING they're listening. They've PROVEN it this time.
Ever since Halo 4 was released they've been improving it and from what we've seen and learned about Halo 5, they are continuing that trend with features that the community has been asking for. I could give you a list
again

I understand being hesitant to trust them but I think they've more than proven they care (terrible launch of the MCC aside).

What did you find disappointing about it?

Make sure you buy the Digital Deluxe edition, comes with all the DLC for the same price.
It's tremendous lack of content coupled with the fact that it was online only killed it for me (and apparently many other people).
Which is a shame because the gameplay is really solid and unique. It's just that it lacks any single player content, all the modes are just slight variations of "kill shit", and the launch games feature list was even worse.

Because they haven't just been SAYING they're listening. They've PROVEN it this time.
Ever since Halo 4 was released they've been improving it and from what we've seen and learned about Halo 5, they are continuing that trend with features that the community has been asking for.

I must have missed all those requests for ADS in Halo. Links?

-Ryn

Banned
Prepare for titanfall

The fact that it modifies the Automatics shows that is not cosmetic or the same as zoom though.
My criticisms of the game aside, calling down a Titan feels so fucking cool.

Maybe if we're lucky that will change for most of the automatics. How do you feel about it affecting the SMG though? It's essentially the SMG from ODST now except without the silencer.

Doesn't affect movement? I don't remember zooming in Classic Halo turning you into Battlefront Vader, hovering over the battlefield like a fucking blimp.
Optional

Last few pages are turrable..
Except Demon's Heckfu beard.

Halo.
Word

Actually, optional as in you can turn off the automatic hover feature so that you can start it manually.

You would agree that if individual players have the ability to toggle certain base traits of theirs on or off that, just like perks, it does not provide "Equal Starts" in gameplay, right?

jem0208

Prepare for titanfall

I said exactly that in my post.

It functions very similarly to zoom for precision weapons. Like I said, I'm not sure how I feel about the semi-zoom, semi-ads for autos.

My criticisms of the game aside, calling down a Titan feels so fucking cool.

Maybe if we're lucky that will change for most of the automatics. How do you feel about it affecting the SMG though? It's essentially the SMG from ODST now except without the silencer.

Optional

Word

the fact that the multiplayer devs were talking about how the AR and SMG are now on par with the BR is bullshit. they have their intended ranges.

and the fact that ONE thing is optional doesnt change the fact that a lot of people dislliked Sprint, and NOONE asked for the ADS change. its all kinds of One step forward and 6 steps back.

Highly doubt 343 would provide toggling abilities for MP. It just doesn't compute overall.

It really makes me laugh when people say that new features can be disabled. ADS, and all its pros and cons, will be baked into the core gameplay. There will be no disabling ADS more than you can disable crouch or jump.

-Ryn

Banned
the fact that the multiplayer devs were talking about how the AR and SMG are now on par with the BR is bullshit. they have their intended ranges.

and the fact that ONE thing is optional doesnt change the fact that a lot of people dislliked Sprint, and NOONE asked for the ADS change. its all kinds of One step forward and 6 steps back.
AR outgunning a BR at mid range is ludicrous I agree. So far though that hasn't been the case based off the gameplay we've seen.
As far as I can tell with the SMG it also loses at mid range. I haven't seen many fights between the 2 weapons though.

As for sprint, many people liked it as well. Both casual and hardcore Halo fans alike.
Aside from a few people here and there though I can't say the same for ADS. Those are just a couple of issues though among a lot of improvements. As I said earlier I could make a list of the good things they're either bringing back or finally bringing to the series.

If players can change their base traits then the game is not providing "Equal Starts". Do you disagree?
if someone has the hold to clamber vs toggle clamber, the person with toggle has the advantage; and we cant tell if they have it toggled or not. so that person doesnt have to work as much to get back into the fight.
Both people can clamber. Regardless of whether you prefer to "hold button" to clamber or just press the button, everyone is always able to clamber. This isn't changing a base trait. Same goes for hover. You can either make it where hover engages automatically when you aim your gun, or you can make it where you activate it manually. You can still aim and hover at all times regardless of your preference. It's essentially changing a control scheme.

If we are going to make this argument, certain control schemes allow for you to more quickly hit the melee button. Does this suddenly break "even starts"?

/dead

For all players, not just some. Hover can be enabled for some players and not for others, correct?

No, no. You're not outright disabling Stabilizers. How it works with their default configuration is that Stabilizers and Aim Down Smart Scopes are mapped to the same button, so that when you scope in, you also hover in place, presumably to help refine your aim while airborne. You can't outright disable Stabilizers as far as I can tell, but you can have it mapped to a separate button, meaning it's possible to zoom and stabilize separately or differently depending on your playstyle. I wouldn't really consider that a "difference on spawn," that strikes me as more of an Auto Look Centering sort of option for beginners so that you can get more practice lining up your shots in combat at the cost of turning into a clay pigeon.

Depends. Finding matches is easier, but you are still stuck with crashes, uneven teams and more crashing. I'd say wait a little longer.

Lmaooooooo

If it worked you think dudes would be in here jerking other off about forum etiquette?

Not really worth it yet. I just got it last night because I needed to buy a Bone, too.

welp. it's 40 dollars at a local store so maybe i'll just buy it and wait to open it lol

get Fibbage, assholes

fibbage is so good. it's so much fun.

or just give us the option to toggle all this bullshit on or off.

and Ryn, there have been multiple threads on waypoint, /r/halo, etc on people wanting sprint removed. dont try to ignore the fact that there are people on 343's own forums who think it is garbage.

-Ryn

Banned
or just give us the option to toggle all this bullshit on or off.

and Ryn, there have been multiple threads on waypoint, /r/halo, etc on people wanting sprint removed. dont try to ignore the fact that there are people on 343's own forums who think it is garbage.
I'm not. I literally just acknowledged it twice on the last page.
It's you and a couple other people here who seem to have the problem with ignoring the fact that there are people (both hardcore and casual) who actually liked it.

I'm not. I literally just acknowledged it twice on the last page.
It's you and a couple other people here who seem to have the problem with ignoring the fact that there are people (both hardcore and casual) who actually liked it.

i dont care what the casual Halo fan likes(im not a casual Halo fan). and those hardcore fans that do, mostly play BTB ( a vehicle based gametype, eliminating the need for sprint.)

the point is Sprint is DETRIMENTAL to map design, and a crutch.

-Ryn

Banned
i dont care what the casual Halo fan likes. and those hardcore fans that do, mostly play BTB ( a vehicle based gametype, eliminating the need for sprint.)

I specifically pointed out the casual and hardcore because there seems to be this idea that only casuals who don't really care about the game like sprint.
I've said before that I think sprint should've been limited to larger maps where it is able to be used to the fullest effect. However I don't think it is inherently detrimental to map design. It can be put to use for more than just running away or running to a place.

Beat Halo 3 on Legendary solo. Haha

Only took like 5 or 6 hours :eek:
Halo 3 is the easiest Legendary. Nice time on that run though.

jem0208

i dont care what the casual Halo fan likes(im not a casual Halo fan). and those hardcore fans that do, mostly play BTB ( a vehicle based gametype, eliminating the need for sprint.)

My ass does having vehicles eliminate the need for sprint.

What happens when you spawn and all the vehicles are taken?

BTB without sprint is worse IMO. I think Halo 4's BTB is actually one of my favourites.

You make use of other methods of traversal on the map such as teleporters and mancannons. If there are none, it's bad game design.

Or you could have sprint as well as those things...

Edit: Talking purely from a BTB point of view, I think sprint is an improvement.

My ass does having vehicles eliminate the need for sprint.

What happens when you spawn and all the vehicles are taken?

BTB without sprint is worse IMO. I think Halo 4's BTB is actually one of my favourites.

You make use of other methods of traversal on the map such as teleporters and mancannons. If there are none, it's bad game design.

Omni

Halo 3 is the easiest Legendary. Nice time on that run though.

Yeah, haha. After Halo 2 last night it was pretty easy. Only time I really died was when I was trying to do silly things. I did notice that the AI is much better in Halo 3 which made things a bit difficult though, I guess. Like each time I died, things would play out differently - which was cool and a little frustrating 'cause I had to slightly change strategies each time. Whereas in H2 and CE enemies were predictable in where they went and how they acted.

Wasn't expecting to finish it so soon. After dinner I thought I'd do a level or two but went from Crows Nest to finish in almost one sitting

-Ryn

Banned
Yeah, haha. After Halo 2 last night it was pretty easy. Only time I really died was when I was trying to do silly things. I did notice that the AI is much better in Halo 3 which made things a bit difficult though, I guess. Like each time I died, things would play out differently - which was cool and a little frustrating 'cause I had to slightly change strategies each time. Whereas in H2 and CE enemies were predictable in where they went and how they acted.

Wasn't expecting to finish it so soon. After dinner I thought I'd do a level or two but went from Crows Nest to finish in almost one sitting
Halo 3 has some pretty solid AI. Reach is probably the best of the series in terms of overall AI.
Making your AI smarter the higher the difficulty is the kind of difficulty I like as well. Lowering my damage output and giving all the enemies OHK weapons is just cheap.
Nice job getting through 3 games already. Now you've just got 4...

-Ryn

Banned
H4's BTB is the worse thing ever, plasma nades and pistols start ruined it and we were told they would not let people spawn with them in the playlist.
One of the things that pissed me off most about H4 BTB was the constant barrage of plasma. Plasma Pistols and Plasma Grenades off spawn literally destroyed vehicle combat.

Omni

Halo 3 has some pretty solid AI. Reach is probably the best of the series in terms of overall AI.
Making your AI smarter the higher the difficulty is the kind of difficulty I like as well. Lowering my damage output and giving all the enemies OHK weapons is just cheap.
Nice job getting through 3 games already. Now you've just got 4...
Halo 4... eeeh. Worst campaign in the collection. It's not particularly fun at any point. I feel like legendary is just gonna be such a chore. But if I want that beta armour I guess I better :\

Halo 4 BTB is trash. Worst in the series.

Fuckin plasma pistols and ordnance everywhere
this this this

-Ryn

Banned
Halo 4... eeeh. Worst campaign in the collection. It's not particularly fun at any point. I feel like legendary is just gonna be such a chore. But if I want that beta armour I guess I better :\
Good luck man. Forgot about the beta armor. Guess I'm gonna have to marathon it.
The only memorable moments of the game for me (that weren't cutscenes) would be on Requiem when you leave the crash site and the music just perfectly ascends to show off this majestic view. Really disappointed that the game wasn't more open. The other moment would have to be the Star Wars level where you fly a space fighter through a trench. That was actually pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom