• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you read what I actually wrote? The first line in my previous post was "Mostly general observation". There is no need to call out somebody specific, because it doesn’t only apply to only one person or specific group. We’re all been guilty of doing it once in a while, and can get caught up in it.

From your tone, I must have hit some nerve I guess.

Your comment was essentially "In general, people are dumb".

The only way I can think think of to respond is "Well...OK. Thanks for sharing".

m23

That TitanFall deluxe edition sale is crazy. Going to definitely buy today to get my shooter fix. $15 in Canada compared to $12.49 in US, but it's a steal at that price for all the expansions included.

Definitely a great price for a great game. Got a couple friends to get it as well. I have over 70 hours in it. Nothing beats wall running.

TheOddOne

Your comment was essentially "In general, people are dumb".

The only way I can think think of to respond is "Well...OK. Thanks for sharing".
That is your interpretation of my post? Talk about missing obvious point I was making.

Your dismissive attitude is not really helping you and helping to prove my original statement.

I think part of the reason I'm more open to Spartan Abilities over AAs / Equipment is because rather than make them just rely on a single button (which by extension makes them feel kinda gimmicky, AAs / Equips that is), they're actually integrated as proprietary functions with existing button functions. It makes them feel a lot more ingrained in the sandbox and less flavor-of-the-week, imo.

I have no problem with new features that are unique. I have a problem when new features are just flashy replacements for old features like how Clamber is just a flashy crouch jump and ADS is just a flashy zoom. 343 needs to focus on features that Halo doesn't already have, not reinventing the wheel.

jem0208

That TitanFall deluxe edition sale is crazy. Going to definitely buy today to get my shooter fix. $15 in Canada compared to $12.49 in US, but it's a steal at that price for all the expansions included.

It's a really good sale, I just finished downloading the game now.

civil_war.gif

Calm down everyone, is it really the end of the world that he didn't direct his post at a specific person?

Omni

Did something happen to Halo 3 in the last update?

There's a weird white outline around objects in shadows. I can't remember noticing it on my first play through

Please illuminate the subtle nuances I overlooked from his original comment.

There was the fact that he was establishing the entire community as having taken jabs at the MCC time and time again rather than living in the then-and-now of you salting your crops nonstop and just going scorched earth on your ass, for one.

I'm sorry, but are you deliberately being dense? I don’t know where you’re going with this dismissive attitude.

Nothing about that post was controversial.

If I typed "Wow, this thread is full of idiots", you wouldn't want any clarification on why that statement was made or who it was directed at?

Just type your thoughts instead of making me try to solve the mystery of your opinion like I'm Scooby fucking Doo.

Madness

Definitely a great price for a great game. Got a couple friends to get it as well. I have over 70 hours in it. Nothing beats wall running.

It's a really good sale, I just finished downloading the game now.

Yeah, going to try an get some Halo peeps to buy it. Can play this while MCC issues get worked out. Crazy price. I wonder what the population is like for the game though.

jem0208

Please illuminate the subtle nuances I overlooked from his original comment.

His comment was pretty obvious, repeating the same point over and over is boring.

If I typed "Wow, this thread is full of idiots", you wouldn't want any clarification on why that statement was made or who it was directed at?

Just type your thoughts instead of making me try to solve the mystery of your opinion like I'm Scooby fucking Doo.

If his point was that offensive to you why didn't you just ignore it? It's not like he's forcing you to figure it out. Not that it needed figuring out in the first place.

Yeah, going to try an get some Halo peeps to buy it. Can play this while MCC issues get worked out. Crazy price. I wonder what the population is like for the game though.

Seems to be alright, this sale should bump it up a bit.

It's pretty low at the moment, but it's the middle of the day on a Friday so that makes sense...

-Ryn

Banned
Just like Halo repeating the same thing over and over is boring, right? Halo needs to evolve and that means adding Sprint, Clamber, and Aim Down Sights.
Well yeah it is boring to see the same stuff over and over again. It doesn't do anything for progression.

Sprint isn't as universally hated as you'd love to believe. While there are plenty of people who don't like it in Halo there are plenty who do (and it's not a matter of being a hardcore Halo fan either). Clamber has already been shown to have some solid potential (i.e. it can be combined with other abilities to some effect). ADS is mostly harmless and hopefully there will be a toggle. If there is I will likely be using it.

TheOddOne

Why the hell would I care why you think about those people? You make it sound like I made a blanket statement like "These people are all dumb", which I didn't.

This conversation is really weird, because you seem to be shifting it consistently to something it isn’t.

Akai__

I'm like sooooooooo disappointed with this collection. Got a match in Halo 2 classic and Anniversary. Classic was a lag fest, where people just teleported everywhere and Anniversary was me against 2 players on Zanzibar after everybody quit or disconnected. Coupple black screens and whenever it was back the other team had +2 kills.

So ehm, if the enemy team quits out on HCE, does the match just not end?
Edit: never mind, just said 5 minutes remaining

The game still doesn't end? It was in the 1st patch notes, I believe.

So ehm, if the enemy team quits out on HCE, does the match just not end?
Edit: never mind, just said 5 minutes remaining

It's a weird bug that actually comes from the original multiplayer, it's not MCC-related, btw. I'm pretty sure back in the darkest 56k days it happened more than once to me.

Why the hell would I care why you think about those people? You make it sound like I made a blanket statement like "These people are all dumb", which I didn't.

This conversation is really weird, because you seem to be shifting it consistently to something it isn’t.

He just likes being a contrarian. Yeah, halos ams dads, yadda yadda yadda, but calling people out and arguing with them over subjective statements / opinions not even directed at him is just fighting for the sake of it. Madness does the same thing. The "quit expressing your opinion, because it's wrong and let me show you why" shtick is getting old.

-Ryn

Banned
Oh, sweet naivety.
Says the guy who can't understand a simple observation

He just likes being a contrarian. Yeah, halos ams dads, yadda yadda yadda, but calling people out and arguing with them over subjective statements / opinions not even directed at him is just fighting for the sake of it. Madness does the same thing. The "quit expressing your opinion, because it's wrong and let me show you why" shtick is getting old.
image.php

Says the guy who can't understand a simple observation

Halo 4 could have easily had a toggle for Sprint. It was literally changing one value in Megalo from a "1" to a "0". You think 343 is going to design all new ADS assets then give you a choice to toggle all their hard work off? Lol.

Madness

It's a weird bug that actually comes from the original multiplayer, it's not MCC-related, btw. I'm pretty sure back in the darkest 56k days it happened more than once to me.

LOL, normally I'd probably be upset, but there is something hilariously funny about being called out by someone who I'd consider, to be one of the worst posters I've ever met on any forum. Do you know how much garbage of yours I've had to endure in my short time here?

Yeah I do post a lot of TL;DR, and yeah I do call out things I don't like. I try and give my points why I don't like it. If I'm in the wrong, I edit and recant it. If not, I'm bullheaded enough to continue. Don't know why you mentioned my name again, don't think I didn't see the "Madness alt" post a few pages back as well. Whatever.

LOL, normally I'd probably be upset, but there is something hilariously funny about being called out by someone who I'd consider, to be one of the worst posters I've ever met on any forum. Do you know how much garbage of yours I've had to endure in my short time here?

Yeah I do post a lot of TL;DR, and yeah I do call out things I don't like. I try and give my points why I don't like it. If I'm in the wrong, I edit and recant it. If not, I'm bullheaded enough to continue. Don't know why you mentioned my name again, don't think I didn't see the "Madness alt" post a few pages back as well. Whatever.

I call out argumentative fundamentalist Halo puritans as Madness alts for a reason, dude.

It all depends on what you think the core of Halo should be. For 4v4, I think Halo should be focused on small to medium sized arena maps (which means no sprint), fast base movement to allow for strafing, equal starts, a good utility weapon that gives you a chance to fight the enemy at all times, and power ups/weapons spawning in certain areas of the map to promote movement and allow map control.

If that is met they can add anything creative as long as it's balanced and adds to the game play. So I'm not opposed to change, but the change has to add on in a meaningful way to enhance Halo's mp.

For example, Halo 3 tried doing that with equipment, but the equipment failed to enhance the game play. Regens were either too overpowered or turned 1v1s into a melee fest inside the regen. Bubble shield just slowed game play down by promoting camping (with shotty or sword) and served as a get out of jail free card. Radar jammer was useless and radar should be done away with in the first place, but that's another topic. The flare was just annoying for all players. The only good piece of equipment was the gravity lift. Equipment just frustrated a lot of players and the placement/spawning of the items made matters worse.

I would prefer for the mp to be competitive outside of the box. As long as ranks and matchmaking pair people up with the right people, I don't see why a competitive focused mp isn't best for all.

Madness

I call out argumentative fundamentalist Halo puritans as Madness alts for a reason, dude.

Why was my name even brought up in this right now? Who was I arguing with? Unless it's something about fundamental changes to Halo, which of course I'll stand my ground on that. So wtf is your problem? I didn't see you respond once against my posts for ADS/Sprint/Spartan abilities. The last time you even replied to me was when we were talking about music. Don't like my posts, use the ignore feature. It's what I did for the better part of a year for you.

-Ryn

Banned
Halo 4 could have easily had a toggle for Sprint. It was literally changing one value in Megalo from a "1" to a "0". You think 343 is going to design all new ADS assets then give you a choice to toggle all their hard work off? Lol.
They've gone on and on about how it's almost identical to scoping. If that's true then I don't see why they would have a problem with adding a toggle for it. Yeah they might not. However they're having this beta for a reason and I'd imagine if enough people want it (and there will be) they will do it. It's not like getting rid of sprint where the maps are designed around it.

What have I done. Sawrry.
tumblr_ldm46tT3ai1qaj5jro1_500.gif

I'm the worst.

It's not your fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom