• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol are you kidding me. For the past few years this community was just about ragging on 343. You being among the worst.

If anything, If you defend 343 you will be more ostracized by this community.

woosh. And personally, i'll continue to rag on the choices they make because of Halo 4 (and the subpar MCC), but not the people that make up the company.
unless its tashi, because he cant get an overkill.

CliQ

6aEghOT.jpg

Throwdown is about to start! If you'd like to watch the match head on over HERE!

See you on the battlefield!

Lol are you kidding me. For the past few years this community was just about ragging on 343. You being among the worst.

Kinda says more about the general opinion of 343 than anything imo.

It's gone from "release a good halo game" to "just release a working game".

Kinda effs up the trust people have in them as a company.

RSB

Banned
Even after a decade (and more) no game has managed Halo CE campaign's 30 second of (combat) fun.

Pure unadulterated satisfaction.
Yes, the combat in Halo CE is still unmatched IMO.

I don't know what it is exactly, but the combat has such a nice flow to it, at times it feels almost like a dance. So good.

-Ryn

Banned
Kinda says more about the general opinion of 343 than anything imo.

It's gone from "release a good halo game" to "just release a working game".

Kinda effs up the trust people have in them as a company.
I don't know about you guys but I'd rather have a good game that isn't working and needs to be fixed than a shitty game that runs perfectly? Halo 4 worked perfectly fine at launch. That did nothing to make it better or save its population (and by the time 343 had made a lot of improvements it was too late).

kP7OWSd.gif

This gif was brought to you by Wahrer Industries
As always you guys fail to disappoint.

The explosions are so tiny... still looks good though.

I wonder if HaloGaf will ever recover from the blow that was Halo 4...

woodland

Props to cliq organising these events.

Would like to get involved when everything is working perfectly. Customs are always good fun.

Same. Most of my old friends don't have Xbones so I don't have anyone to play Halo with;( Added some folks already and after finals and I come home I'll be on every night probs.

I don't know about you guys but I'd rather have a good game that isn't working and needs to be fixed than a shitty game that runs perfectly? Halo 4 worked perfectly fine at launch. That did nothing to make it better or save its population (and by the time 343 had made a lot of improvements it was too late).

As always you guys fail to disappoint.

The explosions are so tiny... still looks good though.

I wonder if HaloGaf will ever recover from the blow that was Halo 4...

we are getting more of the same in Halo 5 so no.

Ramirez

This game man, lol.

That Stonetown match was laggy as shit, pretty much every H2A match I've played have my nades come out, 2-3 seconds after I throw them. Then I got booted, good times.

Calm down, it's just a joke.

And I'm being serious. I genuinely think 5 looks really, really good. I'm getting tired of the whole slow paced classic Halo. The MCC is great (when it works) and I think what they've done with H2A is perfect. It's really fun yet also means they can try something new for Halo with 5.

Also just because I generally have the dissenting opinion doesn't mean I'm trying to flame bait. It's just an unfortunate side effect. I'm not going to stop discussing Halo just because the majority disagree with me.

Why can't they just increase base player movement. You do know Halo 5 base player movement is actually slower than H2A based on what has been shown.

I am all for mixing it up, thrusters or whatever. No way ADS and sprint should be there.

Halo 5 looks better the more I watch it. I am still very apprehensive about sprint and ground pound and still annoyed by the fake ADS. It takes up so much of the screen and the smart scopes are overly gaudy with odd visual frills that do nothing short of take up even more screen.

I wish they would just come out and say, "we at 343 industries had 'top men' analyze this industry and they determined that classic Halo, as you know and love, is no longer financially viable. Therefore, please don't assume you will get a Halo 1 or 2 experience in future releases."

Honestly, if they were that transparent I would still buy the game but be far less pissed off in the long run. I'm sick of hearing they want feedback but they seem to cherry pick the feedback that they agree with according to their own vision.

We need transparency and blunt honesty in this broken and shady industry.

Halo 5 looks better the more I watch it. I am still very apprehensive about sprint and ground pound and still annoyed by the fake ADS. It takes up so much of the screen and the smart scopes are overly gaudy with odd visual frills that do nothing short of take up even more screen.

I wish they would just come out and say, "we at 343 industries had 'top men' analyze this industry and they determined that classic Halo, as you know and love, is no longer financially viable. Therefore, please don't assume you will get a Halo 1 or 2 experience in future releases."

Honestly, if they were that transparent I would still buy the game but be far less pissed off in the long run. I'm sick of hearing they want feedback but they seem to cherry pick the feedback that they agree with according to their own vision.

We need transparency and blunt honesty in this broken and shady industry.

if they want to tell classic Halo to fuck off, then they should be transparent. i agree. instead of sugar coating their bullshit.

I'd really like to see MS have 343 split in two with one group working on a classic halo game. The other side can do everything they ever wanted to do to halo, but under a new IP. That's sounds like a win win to me, but I'm not in the business so who knows. Stop the innovation nonsense for a game that doesn't need any innovation. Pour that creativity into a totally new game. Boom. Double profits.

daedalius

I'd really like to see MS have 343 split in two with one group working on a classic halo game. The other side can do everything they ever wanted to do to halo, but under a new IP. That's sounds like a win win to me, but I'm not in the business so who knows. Stop the innovation nonsense for a game that doesn't need any innovation. Pour that creativity into a totally new game. Boom. Double profits.

I have a feeling not everyone wants to play halo 2 for every subsequent halo game.

Ramirez

I have a feeling not everyone wants to play halo 2 for every subsequent halo game.

This is where these guys seem to lose track of things. I personally, do not like Halo 2 much at all. I think 3 is the best Halo, and that seems to be a minority opinion on forums. So if you're a dev, it's impossible to make every Halo fan happy. The MCC is the best solution, if it would just fucking work.

if they want to tell classic Halo to fuck off, then they should be transparent. i agree. instead of sugar coating their bullshit.

Precisely. This game is too established to "refresh" and "modernize."

New IP's have the liberty of doing what they want because they establish the game as a whole. Even COD understands this basic concept to some degree.

If 343 wants Halo to be big in the e-sports culture then quit redefining the freaking sport and how it plays and its own rules. Refine it and update it. Don't make radical changes.

After playing the MCC I'm actually far less open to new features. I have played so much Halo 1 and 2 (albeit broken!) and I still can't believe they want to deviate from it. It's bewildering me.

You would think that our common demand for the simpler approach would give them relief because apparently they can't even fix a menu that supports games they never even made.

If Halo 5 deviates too far, as it seems it has ALREADY, then I'm done with this franchise.

Tawpgun

I'm starting to think MCC will never be fully functional :(

It's slightly better than the launch state and thats after what like 3 patches?

I think the problems are wayyyyy to deep and at some point 343 will just pull everyone to crunch on Halo 5.

This is where these guys seem to lose track of things. I personally, do not like Halo 2 much at all. I think 3 is the best Halo, and that seems to be a minority opinion on forums. So if you're a dev, it's impossible to make every Halo fan happy. The MCC is the best solution, if it would just fucking work.
I'd still prefer a halo 3 over sprint, thrusters, ground pound, and all the other additions they're putting into the game.

That argument is bullshit as well. No one is asking for Halo 2 every game. there may be a few but this asinine viewpoint is like Don Matrick saying the 360 is for those with bad internet.

Yup, and most of us that love halo 2 the most would take halo 3 over reach and onward.

I'm just tired of them pretending they are keeping what we love and adding in changes, when in reality small changes (even things like grenade fuse times) effect the game in a huge way.

The fact that they have just now said, "oops ground pound does effect crouch jumping" just goes to show how far their heads are up their you know what in regards to classic halo combat and movement.

Go make a new game, like someone else said.

Quit saying your are making chocolate chip cookies, but adding nuts and raisins in it. STOP IT.

Ramirez

I'm starting to think MCC will never be fully functional :(

It's slightly better than the launch state and thats after what like 3 patches?

I think the problems are wayyyyy to deep and at some point 343 will just pull everyone to crunch on Halo 5.

It's going to take a while, but there's no way they leave this game broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom