• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Coupled with your last hints, I'm thinking either a) a look at what they're planning for Halo 5's other modes (campaign, BTB), or b) Halo Wars 2.

Please be B.

"In apology for our rocky MCC launch, we have decided to credit each owner of the MCC that purchased the game before 12/01/2014 a free copy of Halo Wars 2. This will be added to your account by 12/07/2014. Enjoy, and thank you for your patience."

- Bonnie Ross

What a giant fucking waste of time.

"good week coming!"

Gtfo. Like we're supposed to be hype about maybe a patch fixing that mess of a game.

Whatever it is "coming" this week, unless it's a working version of MCC you can keep it.

Ayo BF4 is amazing. 64 player matches are insane. And it transferred my previous x360 stats, rank and loadouts automatically. If anyone here plays on X1 hit me up, I need a decent squad.

Madness

"In apology for our rocky MCC launch, we have decided to credit each owner of the MCC that purchased the game before 12/01/2014 a free copy of Halo Wars 2. This will be added to your account by 12/07/2014. Enjoy, and thank you for your patience."

- Bonnie Ross

This is Microsoft man...

Ayo BF4 is amazing. 64 player matches are insane. And it transferred my previous x360 stats, rank and loadouts automatically. If anyone here plays on X1 hit me up, I need a decent squad.

BF4 launched just as broken as this game and it took them months to fix it too

Ok, for no reason I'm gonna rank every level of the 4 campaigns in this collection as Good Levels or Mediocre/Bad levels.

Halo: Combat Evolved-

THE GOOD LEVELS:
Halo
Truth and Reconciliation
The Silent Cartographer
Assault on the Control Room
343 Guilty Spark (Incredible atmosphere elevates this)
Two Betrayals (A lot of fun if you are ok with the severe backtracking)

THE MEDIOCRE/BAD LEVELS:
The Pillar of Autumn (not actually all that bad but its a set up level)
The Library (NO)
Keyes
The Maw (Most of the level is boring but the finale is so good)

Halo 2 -

THE GOOD LEVELS:
Outskirts
Metropolis
The Arbiter
Delta Halo
Regret
Quarantine Zone
Uprising
The Great Journey

THE MEDIOCRE/BAD LEVELS:
Cairo Station (same thing as Pillar of Autumn)
The Oracle
Sacred Icon
Gravemind
High Charity

Halo 3-

THE GOOD LEVELS:
Sierra 117
Tsavo Highway
The Storm
The Ark
The Covenant

THE MEDIOCRE/BAD LEVELS:
Crow's Nest
Floodgate
Cortana
Halo (Same as The Maw)

Halo 4-

THE GOOD LEVELS:
Requiem
Infinity
Reclaimer
Composer

THE MEDIOCRE/BAD LEVELS:
Dawn
Forerunner
Shutdown (I love the Pelican parts though!)
Midnight (Except the awesome Shortsword parts)

Overall Campaign Rankings by Fun, not Story:

H:CE- 9/10
H2- 7/10
H3- 8.5/10
H4- 7/10

And here's ODST and Reach for good measure

H3ODST- 7.5/10
HReach- 8/10

- Bonnie Ross

Yeah, I'd take it.

m23

I've been playing some Titanfall pretty much all day with a few buddies who picked it up because of the sale. #weback

Ramirez

you said it Halo is life <3

Zjwo4.jpg

-Ryn

Banned
HaloGaf sass is sassy

Campaign fixes shouldn't even be whispered about until MP functions at full capacity. Ive done every campaign on Legendary, but I have played in less than 15 matches with a group of friends.
Well it seems like they haven't really been paying any attention to it so far. I'd imagine that they're focusing all of their efforts on the MP.

A good week is incoming, HaloGAF :)
Beli343

Invasion 2.0 or bust

I'm guessing that big team game mode will be revealed at the game awards on Friday. That or maybe campaign gameplay. Either way, there's bound to be H5 news there
That's what I was thinking. I'm looking forward to this. If it's just a patch though I'd hope it's a major fix. Spartan Ops wouldn't really much to get excited over imo.

I bring you guys the First ever Halo 2 Anniversary Gun Sync D:
This has to be one of my best ones yet, i would like to thank! United Front Games, Ruffian Games,
343 Industries, Saber Interactive, Bungie, Certain Affinity for all the hard work you guys put in :) <3

Enjoy guys :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28sF-Nkay0w
Brilliant work as always.

Nice job dude.

-Ryn

Banned
Guys I made a new Halo 5 soundtrack, in case you guys want to stop trying to play Halo and do something else:

"Convergence"

Any and all feedback is appriciated and loved.

comments make me feel not so lonely
Nice job dude.

I especially like it around the 1:20 mark. For some reason I was getting an FFVII vibe for a second... weird. Anyway the last half is really solid and has a cool "shits happenin" kinda vibe.

Wanna hug?

Nice job dude.

I especially like it around the 1:20 mark. For some reason I was getting an FFVII vibe for a second... weird. Anyway the last half is really solid and has a cool "shits happenin" kinda vibe.

Wanna hug?

Thanks, bonus fact was that I was drunk 1/2 the time making this so I'm glad it somewhat turned out alright.

-Ryn

Banned
Thanks, bonus fact was that I was drunk 1/2 the time making this so I'm glad it somewhat turned out alright.
lol That's impressive dude. It may be my inexperience, but I can't do much of anything when I'm drunk. Though I've never really tried gaming or making music...

Just finished Attack on Titan. I can see why this has so much hype surrounding it ;]

The
transformations
make for some incredible scenes.
I bring you guys the First ever Halo 2 Anniversary Gun Sync D:
This has to be one of my best ones yet, i would like to thank! United Front Games, Ruffian Games,
343 Industries, Saber Interactive, Bungie, Certain Affinity for all the hard work you guys put in :) <3

Enjoy guys :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28sF-Nkay0w
The UNKNOWNS can stand proud today.

dwells

Physical copy return got declined, so it looks like I'm stuck having wasted sixty bucks on this train wreck.

Honestly, I don't think it's ever going to get fixed to the point of being where it should have been. Nearly every match I've gotten into of Halo 2 has been an inconsistently horribly laggy mess. Midship spawns with plasma rifles and I'm almost positive the rapid fire carbine is still an issue in matchmaking. Players don't show their symbols above their heads and they don't work anyway, and the call signs are shown for everyone when you die, immediately highlighting the location of every player on the enemy team.

Everything is just such a broken mess that I don't see it ever being fixed to where it should have been. Not to mention the damage that has been done to the population already.

I can't even express how disappointed I am with this. I expected things to get screwed up and neglected, but I never imagined something this broken and unfinished would ever release. It's disgraceful what they've done to this series.

-Ryn

Banned
Just finished Attack on Titan. I can see why this has so much hype surrounding it ;]

The
transformations
make for some incredible scenes.

The UNKNOWNS can stand proud today.
Season 2 is apparently going to start soon.
I'm so HYPED. I'm assuming you watched it dubbed.

*edit*
And by soon I mean next year... still hyped.

There's a really good fan game online. It has multiplayer. You up for it?

Thanks for the customs, everyone! Got some good clips out of it.
Glitches are half the fun of Halo 2

Lookin' good.

Defect

My friend got an Xbone today with Halo and we played a few matches and joined each other with little to no issues. I'm glad the game has improved.

Omni

It would be interesting to see the population for this collection. I wonder how much it has dropped off. I imagine a lot :3

daedalius

Managed to get into one game where we had a quitter right off the bat and got blown out, can't find anything now.

Smh

Got a full btb in halo 4 with a population of about 500 in like 30 seconds

Omni

Okay 343i really need to make these Prometheans less bullet spongy in Halo 5. It takes like two full magazines from a light rifle to kill one Knight on legendary. It's silly. Not to mention that you get next to no ammo during the campaign for some reason (and on that note, what the hell @ the plasma pistol? Thing is using multiplayer ammo consumption. Which is ridiculous. 2-3 overcharges and it's almost empty)

This campaign is so infuriating compared to the other 3. There's just so much crap. It's like they didn't think about half of these encounters and tossed some enemies into a space and called it a day

wwm0nkey

Season 2 is apparently going to start soon.
I'm so HYPED. I'm assuming you watched it dubbed.

*edit*
And by soon I mean next year... still hyped.

There's a really good fan game online. It has multiplayer. You up for it?
The AoT fan game is really good!

Also both of you should watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, for reasons.

Omni

So on the level Reclaimer with the Mammoth, after it gets disabled, what are you supposed to do? I know you gotta board that Covenant ship and blow it up. But how do you get the grav lift to appear? For some reason the game just keeps spawning ghosts and wraiths at me. I've killed at least 13 of the former and 3 of the latter.

I swear if this shit is broken I'm done. I recall something like this happening when I first did my legendary play through on the 360... just can't remember if we figured out what to do.

Random17

So on the level Reclaimer with the Mammoth, after it gets disabled, what are you supposed to do? I know you gotta board that Covenant ship and blow it up. But how do you get the grav lift to appear? For some reason the game just keeps spawning ghosts and wraiths at me. I've killed at least 13 of the former and 3 of the latter.

I swear if this shit is broken I'm done. I recall something like this happening when I first did my legendary play through on the 360... just can't remember if we figured out what to do.
Yup; this is a game breaking glitch present in the original version of Halo 4. Walk around and see if you can hit a trigger; or go back multiple checkpoints by dying repeatedly in quick succession and try again. (Using the menu may also work)

Omni

Yup; this is a game breaking glitch present in the original version of Halo 4. Walk around and see if you can hit a trigger; or go back multiple checkpoints by dying repeatedly in quick succession and try again. (Using the menu may also work)
Wait, no I got it.

It was just another case of 343i not thinking about what they're actually doing with campaign. I had to kill 16 ghosts and 5 wraiths with an assault rifle. Yeap. Great game design there. Say what you want about Destiny, at least Bungie knows how to make something that's actually fun.

Playing this after Bungie's games is just jarring. And right now, if Halo 4 and the MCC is anything to go by, I couldn't be less excited about Halo 5. 343i honestly seem incompetent. Salty, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom