• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are people "hearing" about what position the game is in the live charts.. there hasn't been an xbox one live chart even published

Impala26

Destiny is more addictive than Halo 4. Collect them colors, fill those bars.

Yep, so much this. I joke with my co-worker (who plays it a lot), "have fun with your second job!" And he almost always gives me this dour look that pretty much acknowledges that that's indeed the case. The grind is Destiny is attrocious, it's literally like Bungie took the WORST aspect of games like WoW. The only thing that really redeems Destiny is its core gameplay.

However, even that core gameplay can be bent/broken at times and the Crucible is clear evidence of that with all its OHKO chaos. Destiny Crucible is literally Halo Reach on steroids.

IHaveIce

Banned
For some reason I can't even have fun when the game runs.

Could very well be just Halo 2's shitty campaign but I have no desire to play the game.

The Anniversary maps have terrible spawns and you can carry way too many nades,
Halo 3 feels off for some reason,
Halo 2 Button Combo galore and smg starts
Halo CE what a wonderful hit detection.

Halo CE campaign played too often for now, no desire to play it right now.
halo 3 campaign is the only thing going for it at the moment.

Oh yeah Halo 4 is out of question, game is shite

Computer

I would say to make the game free for a bit to kick start the population again. On the other hand it would piss off a lot of people that bought the game.

This
The Anniversary maps have terrible spawns and you can carry way too many nades.

If they were making Halo 2.5 why did they still allow 8 grenades?

Booshka

Wow. The MCC population is pathetic.

343 had a golden opportunity to release the good halo games. This was a free win for them and what did they do?

Pathetic.

I've moved on from blaming 343, this is a much bigger problem, and it's all on Microsoft's shoulders. It's their job to do right by Halo, and they have failed spectacularly here.

Impala26

I would say to make the game free for a bit to kick start the population again. On the other hand it would piss off a lot of people that bought the game.

If they did this there would NEED to be some sort of compensation for Day One/Month One purchasers who've had to wade through the shitshow that has been Matchmaking so far. If they didn't, they might arguably be WORSE off as I think the ire would outweigh the positives for the number "on the fencers" diving in or coming back.

GECK

So I get into two matches with SMGs starts. Riveting stuff. Next match (which took 5-10 min to find) starts 7v2.

The last pre-order I regretted this much was Sword of the Stars 2.

This is not a good idea, people would go into rage comas. Some compensation would be great thought.

This
The Anniversary maps have terrible spawns and you can carry way too many nades.

If they were making Halo 2.5 why did they still allow 8 grenades?
Or, if you can carry 8, why are they so fucking powerful?

Caja 117

If they did this there would NEED to be some sort of compensation for Day One/Month One purchasers who've had to wade through the shitshow that has been Matchmaking so far. If they didn't, they might arguably be WORSE off as I think the ire would outweigh the positives for the number "on the fencers" diving in or coming back.

I dont see making the game free for a limited time to help bring people back should bother those who bought the game, I will say make it a limited demo, 2 weeks, MP only and have access to only one or two playlist. or Only Halo 2 A and Halo 2 or Halo 3.

An to this point, a compensation for Beta testing should be a given

I've moved on from blaming 343, this is a much bigger problem, and it's all on Microsoft's shoulders. It's their job to do right by Halo, and they have failed spectacularly here.
343 makes Halo games. Not the suits who needed this game out for Christmas.
I dont see making the game free for a limited time to help bring people back should bother those who bought the game, I will say make it a limited demo, 2 weeks, MP only and have access to only one or two playlist. or Only Halo 2 A and Halo 2 or Halo 3.

An to this point, a compensation for Beta testing should be a given
Yeah! 343 already tested the waters with that try before you buy map pack fiasco

Regardless of who you want to blame, this is a really dumb way to look at it. You can have the most efficient studio in the world make a game but they won't be able to refine shit if their higher-ups are forcing them to release a product way under realistic deadlines.

Booshka

This collection is outsourced to a half dozen studios, this is Microsoft's flagship IP. 343 are 100% responsible for Halo 4, and upcoming Halo 5. These collections and remasters that Microsoft is shitting out to have a Halo game out every year? They are ultimately Microsoft's fault.

then blame every other developer that worked on Halo MCC.
Nah I'll blame the developer who now runs the Halo franchise. Responsibility falls on them and them alone. They outsourced the work and allowed terrible quality work to pass.

You guys can live in denial all you want, 343 fucked up on this one tho

Caja 117

Yeah! 343 already tested the waters with that try before you buy map pack fiasco

MS did the same with Sunset Overdrive, dont see what is the problem on making a limited demo with limited access, as no one will bother to Download 60GB for something that is going to last 1 week.

Nah I'll blame the developer who now runs the Halo franchise. Responsibility falls on them and them alone. They outsourced the work and allowed terrible quality work to pass.

343 doesnt call the shots here, is MS, this is the reason MS they created 343, 343 does exactly as MS tells them to do, so calling out 343 on this and ignoring everything else is irresponsible.

Impala26

This collection is outsourced to a half dozen studios, this is Microsoft's flagship IP. 343 are 100% responsible for Halo 4, and upcoming Halo 5. These collections and remasters that Microsoft is shitting out to have a Halo game out every year? They are ultimately Microsoft's fault.

"Halo's destruction was your error, and you rightly bear the blame. But the coucil was... overzealous. We know you are no heretic."

Pretty applicable to 343i in my mind right now regarding MCC.

Not defending the state of the game, but it's pretty common to push games out early due to pressure from the publisher to get Holiday sales. Look at BattleField 4 or Unity.

Regardless of who you want to blame, this is a really dumb way to look at it. You can have the most efficient studio in the world make a game but they won't be able to refine shit if their higher-ups are forcing them to release a product way under realistic deadlines.
343 decided to do all 4 games. An "efficient" studio would have known this was a gargantuan task not feasible in the time frame they had.

Who to blame is irrelevant at this stage. The game is still a piece of shit in its current state no matter what way you look at it.

I've been having a lot of fun playing BF4. Maybe MCC will be as much fun this time next year too

Sephzilla

343 obviously deserves blame but at the same time there's still a lot of information we don't know about. Microsoft could have been the people who mandated the outsourcing so that 343 could still work on Halo 5. Hell, it was still Microsoft who let MCC pass fucking certification.

Still inexcusable for 343, but Microsoft's fingers are all over this mess too.

343 decided to do all 4 games. An "efficient" studio would have known this was a gargantuan task not feasible in the time frame they had.

Who to blame is irrelevant at this stage. The game is still a piece of shit in its current state no matter what way you look at it.

I've been having a lot of fun playing BF4. Maybe MCC will be as much fun this time next year too

Honestly, I would rather have had more maps for H2A than the rest of the stuff. I know some of the CE guys would be pissed but its not like the collection works anyway.

Honestly, I would rather have had more maps for H2A than the rest of the stuff. I know some of the CE guys would be pissed but its not like the collection works anyway.
I have to agree here. Booshka big show and Funknown be damned.

I was most excited to play Halo 2 again. And I would have taken a working Halo 2 anniversary at launch over what we got.

But like you said, it doesn't work anyway.

Does anyone know what happened to Major Nelson publishing the Xbox Activity chart or where I could find a substitute? I'm interested in seeing where MCC is in relation to all of the other new releases.

Sephzilla

I don't know if I would have been cool with just Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer.

CE, 2 Classic, and 2 Anniversary would have been ideal given that CE never had Xbox Live support and 2 isn't playable online anymore. 3 and 4 are still perfectly fine on the 360.

dwells

343i are the ones who:
  • Didn't answer major questions about the game during development (versions ported, netcode adjustments, etc.).
  • Released little to no information about the details of the game during development.
  • Constantly told us bugs and other issues were due to "old builds." Whenever anything went wrong and anyone expressed concern, "oh, it's an old build, don't worry."
  • Went back on all of the promises they made at the reveal. 1080p? Not quite. 60FPS? Sure, if you ignore all the drops and borderline unplayable splitscreen. Exactly as you remember it? Depends on if you remember broken ports of PC games and incorrect settings.
  • Told us we'd be getting the Halo 2 ranking system back, then revealed it was actually going to be a new system to resemble the H2 one. Oh, and it won't be ready.
  • Wouldn't show any gameplay of Halo 3 or Halo 1 until right before launch (presumably because those games weren't functioning).
  • Had broken, crashing, buggy builds running at tournaments. So much so that gameplay was interrupted on multiple occasions for pro teams.
  • Put together a masturbatory vidoc about how great they were and how great this collection is.

So I think there's plenty of reason to be upset at 343i. Plenty of blame can get thrown at the studios responsible for the sloppy ports, and I'm sure MS's hands are dirty in rushing this out the door (not to mention continuing to advertise and promote it), but 343i is about as far from innocent as possible.

Booshka

I have to agree here. Booshka big show and Funknown be damned.

I was most excited to play Halo 2 again. And I would have taken a working Halo 2 anniversary at launch over what we got.

But like you said, it doesn't work anyway.

I'm not buying an Xbone or Halo any time soon anyway. CE MP should have been on XBL back when it was remastered for 360. I kinda checked out when it was just Reach bullshit. Not gonna buy a new console for a busted port and shitty post launch support. I didn't think MCC would be this broken, but I'm not entirely surprised, and CE will probably be the least supported Halo game in this collection.

Nebula

343 need to stop kidding themselves and add a year on to whatever deadline they originally set themselves, because they always seem to released unfinished garbage that's wobbly in most departments, and that lacks features promised before release.

Sorry to all the folks at 343 but this was that final chance for me. This was the game that either made Halo the game I choose to play again, or made me walk away from the franchise entirely. So much was riding on this and you fucked up again.

I don't trust the people behind the franchise and I'm glad I spent a whopping £0 on The MCC because I'd be seriously pissed (and getting a refund) if I had spent even a penny.

Looks like I'll be waiting for New IPs and Fallout 4.

jem0208

343 need to stop kidding themselves and add a year on to whatever deadline they originally set themselves, because they always seem to released unfinished garbage that's wobbly in most departments, and that lacks features promised before release.

Sorry to all the folks at 343 but this was that final chance for me. This was the game that either made Halo the game I choose to play again, or made me walk away from the franchise entirely. So much was riding on this and you fucked up again.

I don't trust the people behind the franchise and I'm glad I spent a whopping £0 on The MCC because I'd be seriously pissed (and getting a refund) if I had spent even a penny.

Looks like I'll be waiting for New IPs and Fallout 4.

I completely agree that the MCC is a mess and 343 is (at least partially) to blame.

However Halo 4 was fine at release. It had a couple of bugs and some small issues but overall it worked.

I think it's a bit unfair to declare that nothing 343 has made works when the only thing they made 100% of worked fine.

Nebula

I completely agree that the MCC is a mess and 343 is (at least partially) to blame.

However Halo 4 was fine at release. It had a couple of bugs and some small issues but overall it worked.

I think it's a bit unfair to declare that nothing 343 has made works when the only thing they made 100% of worked fine.

I wouldn't call lack of ranking, dodgy framerate and an abomination of an attempt at a runnable split screen fine. Plus the direction the game itself went in was pretty shitty.

Just letting you guys know: if you have any issues Xbox Record That-ing clips in the MCC, double-tapping the Guide button and then hitting X successfully saved and uploaded all the clips I wanted to record last night. Haven't run into any issues with that feature so far.

how dare you enjoy the functional parts of the game!

Tawpgun

The game that was suppsoed to bring everyone back is just tearing the community apart again.

343 realize the tragedy they have on their hands. No one is happy about the game despite the day one sales. I just hope they can properly fix it so we can all move on and start playing.

The game that was suppsoed to bring everyone back is just tearing the community apart again.

343 realize the tragedy they have on their hands. No one is happy about the game despite the day one sales. I just hope they can properly fix it so we can all move on and start playing.

343 tear this community apart?

I didn't see it coming.

This is just off the top of my head but at Halo 4's launch there were: no red X's (fixed months later), fileshare issues (fixed months later), loadout resets, and campaign progress resets.

There are a litany of more specific issues (like the Complex Oddball Saferoom) but those are either little things or design decisions.

Please don't pretend that Halo 4 was a solid launch.

Onikaan

This is just off the top of my head but at Halo 4's launch there were: no red X's (fixed months later), fileshare issues (fixed months later), loadout resets, and campaign progress resets.

There are a litany of more specific issues (like the Complex Oddball Saferoom) but those are either little things or design decisions.

I think his point is that the matchmaking worked from the get go.

I think his point is that the matchmaking worked from the get go.

So we're just collectively forgetting all of the JIP issues and matchmaking problems from the first 5-10 days of Halo 4's launch? Ok. I missed that memo. I'll grant that those issues weren't as bad as MCC's launch state, but they certainly weren't "fine".

VinFTW

So we're just collectively forgetting all of the JIP issues and matchmaking problems from the first 5-10 days of Halo 4's launch? Ok. I missed that memo. I'll grant that those issues weren't as bad as MCC's launch state, but they certainly weren't "fine".

Either were Halo 2's.

Havoc2049

Halo 4's launch is looking better and better with each passing day, when compared to the MCC.

Welfare

Yeah seriously, how do you go from a game that put the community on life support, to releasing a game that digs the hole for the franchise?

I understand the game needed to be out for the holidays, but come on! The one chance 343 had to show they were competent, they blew it. The one game collection you don't fuck up, they fucked up.

Just, why?

Overdoziz

Banned

Except that half the multiplayer was made by Certain Affinity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom