• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked fine in quake and UT, why can't I use all my guns while carrying the flag?

Because your guns are what give you points in Slayer. Objectives, like the Flag, are what give you points in objective gametypes. They both, guns and objectives, serve the same purpose, to put points on the scoreboard, is why I think you should have to choose between having one or the other currently equipped.

daedalius

Because your guns are what give you points in Slayer. Objectives, like the Flag, are what give you points in objective gametypes. They both, guns and objectives, serve the same purpose, to put points on the scoreboard, is why I think you should have to choose between having one or the other currently equipped.

Ok. But your guns gave you points in Deathmatch, and the flag gave you points in CTF; in both UT and Quake.

I guess I just disagree. I want all guns all the time. Put the flag on your back, scrub ass super soldier.

In Halo 4 you always know where the flag carrier is, right?

Yeah, upon more thought I prefer the old method of nobody knowing where the flag is as long as the person is carrying it - but that person is now unarmed.

Yes. The Flag Carrier could control the flow of information to the enemy team. That was his weapon.

Ok. But your guns gave you points in Deathmatch, and the flag gave you points in CTF; in both UT and Quake.

I guess I just disagree. I want all guns all the time. Put the flag on your back, scrub ass super soldier.

I am completely with you in wanting to be able to attack at all times. It's just that the objective is so powerful, literally the only thing that can win the game, so I feel like you need to give up something in order to gain possession of this holy artifact. The something you give up is the ability to immediately return fire.

Omni

So, have I, you're doing it wrong :D

Idk man, plan it out better?

Plasma pistols are your friends.
I don't like how they've nerfed the plasma pistol. One shot takes 2% battery. A single overcharge can take 20-40% depending how long it takes to track your target. And then you have the fact that you only get 70-80% battery when picking one off the ground (although that could just be my bad luck)

So you need several plasma pistols to take out a few Knights. And half the time it's hard enough to find one because they're constantly despawning in front of you.

And it's hard to plan out some of these encounters. Like the Mammoth section on Reclimer. You get 24 rounds in the sniper and maybe 12 rockets. Pretty sure the former respawns at the second anti air thing so maybe 48 rounds there at best. And you're expected to take out near 20 ghosts and at least 6 or so Wraiths and whatever other enemy with that. Yes, you eventually get a Guass hog. But when a marine gunner has an effective range of like 30metres, you're forced to get close and get torn up because of the bad vehicle health system. So you're left shooting vehicles with an AR (which seems unnecessarily abundant on a vehicle mission). It just seems poorly designed to me. Only way to have fun with half of this game is to use speed run tactics and skip it.

jem0208

It's not even an almost, Certain Affinity did a huge portion of the multiplayer for 4.

It's less assuming and more basic pattern recognition. Their last game is a buggy mess, and it's the same company managing, if not working on things directly. From what we've seen about their policy (which might very well be up to MS and not anyone at 343i), they apparently are A-okay with releasing a broken, buggy mess of a game.

We can hope that situation will change, but being worried that it won't is far from silly.

Okay, maybe silly was a bit of a, well, silly thing to say. However the MCC was a very different project. The amount of devs involved was ridiculous. I think because of this it doesn't really speak to 343's own capabilities when it comes to creating a game. It shows they clearly can't manage a project of this size competently (or at least not in the time frame they had) however because 4 was on the whole fine I think it's a bit unfair to state that 343 is incapable of producing a working product.

Okay, but...

This is an example of trying to spin something actually terrible for the game in the most positive light possible. "They removed a core feature and replaced it with something worse across the board, but at least it was goofy 'fun'!"

yaaaaaaay.

I mean, why even do this?
If you look at my previous post you'll see that I completely agree that removing it was a bad thing...

Flagnum was pretty cool though. It was ridiculous that they took out all the other flag mechanics though.

I was merely stating that I don't think that Flagnum itself was bad.

VinFTW

I don't like how they've nerfed the plasma pistol. One shot takes 2% battery. A single overcharge can take 20-40% depending how long it takes to track your target. And then you have the fact that you only get 70-80% battery when picking one off the ground (although that could just be my bad luck)

So you need several plasma pistols to take out a few Knights. And half the time it's hard enough to find one because they're constantly despawning in front of you.

And it's hard to plan out some of these encounters. Like the Mammoth section on Reclimer. You get 24 rounds in the sniper and maybe 12 rockets. And you're expected to take out near 20 ghosts and 6 or so Wraiths and whatever other enemy with that. Yes, you eventually get a Guass hog. But when a marine gunner has an effective range of like 30metres, you're forced to get close and get torn up because of the bad vehicle health system. So you're left shooting vehicles with an AR (which seems unnecessarily abundant on a vehicle mission). It just seems poorly designed to me. Only way to have fun with half of this game is to use speed run tactics and skip it.

Be patient, if you HAVE to kill the ghost and not the driver (which you should), you can take it out rather quickly by shooting the "head" on the nose of it.

As for the Guass hog, my gunner fucking raped everything. I didn't have to switch hogs, he shoots slowly but takes 'em out in 1-2 shots.

So, have I, you're doing it wrong :D

Idk man, plan it out better?

Plasma pistols are your friends.
Plasma pistols are useless in halo 4. He's right there is fuck all usefull ammo laying around in halo 4.

On the topic of campaign, either bring back the CE assault rifle or just stop trying. AR has been lame since CE

Overdoziz

Banned

And it's hard to plan out some of these encounters. Like the Mammoth section on Reclimer. You get 24 rounds in the sniper and maybe 12 rockets. Pretty sure the former respawns at the second anti air thing so maybe 48 rounds there at best. And you're expected to take out near 20 ghosts and at least 6 or so Wraiths and whatever other enemy with that. Yes, you eventually get a Guass hog. But when a marine gunner has an effective range of like 30metres, you're forced to get close and get torn up because of the bad vehicle health system. So you're left shooting vehicles with an AR (which seems unnecessarily abundant on a vehicle mission). It just seems poorly designed to me. Only way to have fun with half of this game is to use speed run tactics and skip it.
Grab a Warthog and give the passenger a Rocket Launcher. You can breeze through the entire thing easily that way, especially once you get the Gauss 'Hog.

Ramirez

Plasma pistols are useless in halo 4. He's right there is fuck all usefull ammo laying around in halo 4.

On the topic of campaign, either bring back the CE assault rifle or just stop trying. AR has been lame since CE

4 has the only AR in the series that isn't useless on Legendary. There are also far more weapon caches in 4 compared to the old trilogy. I had a LR the entire time once I got to the Knight introduction, you guys just weren't searching very well apparently.

iLTXgJdJWEy8o.jpg

VinFTW

4 has the only AR in the series that isn't useless on Legendary. There are also far more weapon caches in 4 compared to the old trilogy. I had a LR the entire time once I got to the Knight introduction, you guys just weren't searching very well apparently.

Ammo and power weapons (or at least effective ones) were never an issue the entirety of H4. Was the easiest thing ever.

You guys really need to lay off Jem. Sheesh.

He clearly states that the Forge feature isn't mandatory for functional gameplay, which is objectively true.

He clearly states that Halo 4 technically wasn't broken, but the gameplay wasn't ideal, which is objectively true.

Then you all jump in the "lets hate on Jem" band wagon and misquote him or take what he says out of context.

I don't always agree with him and I think he and others are perhaps unrealistically optimistic IMHO, but you all need to stop jumping on them. It's ridiculous.

Some people just like to bitch.

Ammo and power weapons (or at least effective ones) were never an issue the entirety of H4. Was the easiest thing ever.

Wow the bolded is a great point. Much insight.

It's a pretty valid complaint. And one that popped up plenty at launch. Although I am finding more caches this playthrough than my original runs.

Still not enough weapons laying around imo.

VinFTW

It's a pretty valid complaint. And one that popped up plenty at launch. Although I am finding more caches this playthrough than my original runs.

Still not enough weapons laying around imo.

No offense, but I wasn't specifically calling you out or anybody for that fact, it's a general statement.

Not like you haven't posted that kind of stuff over the last few pages anyways.

Removed it if it upsets you so much.

Feedback: I'm on Sacred Icon and when I resume my game the screen is completely black, although when paused the picture comes back in the background.

Season 2 is apparently going to start soon.
I'm so HYPED. I'm assuming you watched it dubbed.

*edit*
And by soon I mean next year... still hyped.

There's a really good fan game online. It has multiplayer. You up for it?
Yes, how dare you not post a link..
You can also turn it up or down. Forerunner space magic.
Thought the same thing lol
Lol

You give 343 so much shit, but your favorite mode is Invasion, you should be embracing 343 with open arms.
Why not both?
An ExWife is twiddling his mustache somewhere, pleased.

Madness

Feedback: I'm on Sacred Icon and when I resume my game the screen is completely black, although when paused the picture comes back in the background.

Try switching the graphics, see if that makes a difference.

Edit: Only because it happened to someone I know. They switched to old and back to new and it worked.

Omni

Some people just like to bitch.

Because that's what this is. And I guess all of those reviews saying the same thing at launch were just bitching too because fuck 343i, right? Not the first time I've seen you complain about my opinions here. It's getting a bit old so I'm ignoring you. It's not like you're offering anything beyond "you're doing it wrong" anyway.

something something Halo

I wanna see BTB. I don't particularly care for this arena stuff. I know why it's important but I find kinda boring to watch, to be honest

Ramirez

Because that's what this is. And I guess all of those reviews saying the same thing at launch were just bitching too because fuck 343i, right? Not the first time I've seen you complain about my opinions here. It's getting a bit old so I'm ignoring you. It's not like you're offering anything beyond "you're doing it wrong" anyway.

something something Halo

I've given you the answers you seek.

VinFTW

something something Halo

I wanna see BTB. I don't particularly care for this arena stuff. I know why it's important but I find kinda boring to watch, to be honest

Calm down. My first post was directed towards the incessant bitching non-stop by a lot of people, not just you two.

Also, I DID give you advice. I told you exactly how I did it.

I even gave you tips to let you know how I went about it.

Not only that but you say ALL the time how salty you're being, but when someone calls you out, we get ignored.

Ok.

343 killed this community.

Rip in pieces.

Alrighty then, done with HaloGAF for a while, seeing as how the only people allowed to post in here are those who:

1. hate 343
2. hate halo
3. hate mcc

There's no room in between to be a Halo fan that's disappointed but still has a small bit of hope and want to wait out the frustrations.

Madness

Eh, I agree, Halo 4 has poor enemy encounters and ammo management. Sometimes it's more luck than anything getting you ahead. When I played heroic, there were quote a few times I literally ran out of ammo with nothing around me to grab except boltshots, maybe a suppressor. It doesn't help the enemies are poorly designed. Knights that could have one shit kill weapons, they can teleport at will, watchers that block your grenades but also can fly away quickly, and then crawlers which can either pop shots at you from a wall or then swarm you pretty quickly.

This was one of the biggest complaints at launch. I haven't played Halo 4 since to see if it'll still hold up, but it's precisely why Barrow asked at PAX whether the quick despawn of dropped weapons would be changed for campaign.

Ramirez

Eh, I agree, Halo 4 has poor enemy encounters and ammo management. Sometimes it's more luck than anything getting you ahead. When I played heroic, there were quote a few times I literally ran out of ammo with nothing around me to grab except boltshots, maybe a suppressor. It doesn't help the enemies are poorly designed. Knights that could have one shit kill weapons, they can teleport at will, watchers that block your grenades but also can fly away quickly, and then crawlers which can either pop shots at you from a wall or then swarm you pretty quickly.

This was one of the biggest complaints at launch. I haven't played Halo 4 since to see if it'll still hold up, but it's precisely why Barrow asked at PAX whether the quick despawn of dropped weapons would be changed for campaign.

I'm sorry, but if you were running out of ammo on heroic before killing everything, it is simply a case of git gud.

And Vin, didn't you have a complete meltdown when that ADS gameplay leaked? lol

If your gonna call someone out then call someone out. Replying to a post directed at two people, then saying its not about them is a cheap cop out.

And not being a smart ass, but If negativity does indeed bother you, the ignore function is there to be used. You don't have to read the salt. And with the state the game is still in there is gonna be a long period of salt it seems.

VinFTW

I'm sorry, but if you were running out of ammo on heroic before killing everything, it is simply a case of gut gud.

And Vin, didn't you have a complete meltdown when that ADS gameplay leaked? lol

Yep, which is a pretty good indication that I'm not some 343 shill. If it turns out to be true ADS post beta, I'm audi5000.

I just think it's getting excessive now. Hate on Jem, hate on eachother, hate on insiders coming in to make us feel at ease that good things are coming, hate 343, hate on halo.

It's just depressing. Meanwhile I'm having the best time of my life in that Gematsu PSX thread.

:/ Just wish we could be more constructive.

If your gonna call someone out then call someone out. Replying to a post directed at two people, then saying its not about them is a cheap cop out.

And not being a smart ass, but If negativity does indeed bother you, the ignore function is there to be used. You don't have to read the salt. And with the state the game is still in there is gonna be a long period of salt it seems.

I agree with you, but there's a big difference between what we should be doing and what everybody is doing. Just take a look at the last few of your posts, it's hardly constructive and it's the same thing literally every page for the past 20 pages.

I don't even know what's more broken right now. MCC or the quality of the posts here lately.

I think we need some damage control Kamp, badly :(

RowdyReverb

Maybe the lack of an update since Friday means they've got a bigger patch up their sleeves? I'm talking CE matchmaking or SpOps. Maybe we'll at least get a date on those items soon? One can hope

I don't even know what's more broken right now. MCC or the quality of the posts here lately.

It is very negative in here. I would wait a while for it to blow over, but HaloGAF is still my best source for news related to MCC or H5. Maybe Friday can restore a little of the pre-11/11 hype.

Ramirez

Get the fuck outta here, you do drive by teases about who knows what and complain about a community you don't engage in.

The only thing that will make this a good week is a magical patch that fixes this broken game. Pushing more Halo 5 news while MCC rots is disgusting if that's what it turns out to be.

Maybe the lack of an update since Friday means they've got a bigger patch up their sleeves? I'm talking CE matchmaking or SpOps. Maybe we'll at least get a date on those items soon? One can hope

Been reading Bravos tweets today, and it doesn't seem we're any closer than we've been for any kind of major fix.

Ramirez

Your answer to anything that didn't bother you, :p

He looks down from his mighty tower of quality and insight.

Considering I just finished Legendary with none of those issues, yea, I find that hard to believe. Even the shitty weapons would be useable on Heroic. You find a cache on Legendary, only the LR/SS are actually useable, on Heroic, that wouldn't be the case, lol.

Netprints

It was nice having a long weekend. Beat all the halo campaigns,(just on normal through the master chief saga) It was fun, I forgot how awesome those scarabs are in halo 3. They are easy to take down but it brought back memoirs of when I first encountered them. Now I need to start my legendary play through.

Impala26

Pretty much every post in here is about Halo now, that wasn't even close to true when it was shut down.

The worst part of Saturday's MCC Throwdown was I kept thinking, "oh man, this'll certainly get Ram buzzed about playing Halo again"...

And then who's the one person who gets disconnected from the H2A match...?

:-(

I'm a glass-half-full kinda guy in general, but I wholly understand why people are disappointed and even downright upset about the state of Halo at this current juncture.

Ramirez

The worst part of Saturday's MCC Throwdown was I kept thinking, "oh man, this'll certainly get Ram buzzed about playing Halo again"...

And then who's the one person who gets disconnected from the H2A match...?

:-(

I'm a glass-half-full kinda guy in general, but I wholly understand why people are disappointed and even downright upset about the state of Halo at this current juncture.

I'm always excited to play Halo, I log on to this broken shit daily and fight it even when I know it's pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom