• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
Maybe the lack of an update since Friday means they've got a bigger patch up their sleeves? I'm talking CE matchmaking or SpOps. Maybe we'll at least get a date on those items soon? One can hope
I'd rather wait in the matchmaking lobby for three weeks than play Spec Ops.

Madness

I honestly forgot that was a thing, I'll try it out.

Worked, thanks.

Yeah it's yet another bug that needs to be fixed. I don't know why it happens, maybe Fyre would know. It's good to know for others too, just switch to old graphics and back to new and it should fix the black screen.

CliQ

i totally understand all of the complaining about MCC. The game has serious issues. What I don't think is acceptable is how people are saying it's tearing the community apart.

I've been running this Throwdown thing for a few weeks now and honestly it's some of the most fun I've had in a Halo game ever. Not to toot my own horn but rather than complain about the game I decided to make the best of it and it's really been quite enjoyable to play with everyone who has joined in on the Throwdown.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I made MCC work for me while 343 sorts out what it needs to and I've made friends on here that I don't think I ever would have in matchmaking even if it was working as intended. Great memories have already been made for me!

Madness

Certainly looks to be heading in that direction...

No it doesn't. People just want to be melodramatic. Almost every single post in here is about the series or the games now. Who cares if it's extremely negative? It's still on topic and about Halo. No one is really being super hateful or insulting either.

Plus, issues are being worked out amongst ourselves rather than people PM'ing several mods for intervention.

If anything complaining it's too negative, saying people are whining is probably the stuff that shouldn't be said.

Impala26

I'm always excited to play Halo, I log on to this broken shit daily and fight it even when I know it's pointless.

I'm willing to wait it out to be properly fixed, but that's more a testament to how patient a guy I am than what we should be reasonably expecting from 343i with the launch of this game. FAIR COMPENSATION will be REQUIRED from 343i/MS for the community to be on even "reasonable" terms with them. Even that might not be enough.

I didn't follow the Battlefield 4 launch, but based on what I've read this lauch is as bad if not worse than that one.

I've got Pokemon Omega Ruby to keep me occupied and I just bought Titanfall Deluxe Edition from the Xbox Store for an unbelievably low $12.49 (which you should all get if you haven't already bought the game). But I'm with Sephzilla on this one, if this game isn't MOSTLY functional by Christmas, 343i and MICROSOFT are in some deep shit.

big-pile-of-shit-Jurassic-park-Jeff-goldblum-poop-reaction-1393797044d.gif

RowdyReverb

I'd rather wait in the matchmaking lobby for three weeks than play Spec Ops.

Aww I liked Spartan Ops :(
Put like 20 hours into it according to my profile. I enjoyed playing 4-player matchmade co-op in Halo and I'll admit that I was hooked on grinding out challenges at the time. I really hope there's an option for co-op matchmaking of some sort in H5, with or without a plot or fancy cutscenes.

VinFTW

Well said Cliq. I agree that it's frustrating, especially when you love Halo. It's not where you want to see your favorite franchise end up at :/

edit: welp, there goes kampheld

Ramirez

Well said Cliq. I agree that it's frustrating, especially when you love Halo. It's not where you want to see your favorite franchise end up at :/

edit: welp, there goes kampheld

Good, his post history strongly hints at him being something other than an average gamer. Dropping vague hints during a shit storm adds nothing.

VinFTW

Good, his post history strongly hints at him being something other than an average gamer. Dropping vague hints during a shit storm adds nothing.

His HaloGAF post history isn't the best and teasing isn't looked upon nicely, his last comment wasn't nice at all either.

But he had good intentions before that and if you guys ever frequented the Downloadable games/XBL thread he is a legend there :/

Always drops big leaks and lets us know dates and content for updates as soon as he found them out.

He was a good guy, his frustration got to him, like mine did when I defended this broken game before I was banned.

Sephzilla

I'm willing to wait it out to be properly fixed, but that's more a testament to how patient a guy I am than what we should be reasonably expecting from 343i with the launch of this game. FAIR COMPENSATION will be REQUIRED from 343i/MS for the community to be on even "reasonable" terms with them. Even that might not be enough.

I didn't follow the Battlefield 4 launch, but based on what I've read this lauch is as bad if not worse than that one.

I've got Pokemon Omega Ruby to keep me occupied and I just bought Titanfall Deluxe Edition from the Xbox Store for an unbelievably low $12.49 (which you should all get if you haven't already bought the game). But I'm with Sephzilla on this one, if this game isn't MOSTLY functional by Christmas, 343i and MICROSOFT are in some deep shit.

big-pile-of-shit-Jurassic-park-Jeff-goldblum-poop-reaction-1393797044d.gif

ihygUZXAByaLn.gif

-Ryn

Banned
Well kampfields dad. RIPinpeace
Wonder how long the ban was

An hour of Halo gameplay will be fun to watch but I really want to see some BTB action. Come on 343. Throw us a bone.

Yes, how dare you not post a link..
My shame is colossal

Reading some of your last posts and Ryn's had me rolling my eyes for real.
I think jem/ryn are just young and naive, that's all.
Young and naive about what? I have no quarrel with you good sirs. However I would appreciate an explanation here.

FatMarshall

Neo Member
and I just bought Titanfall Deluxe Edition from the Xbox Store for an unbelievably low $12.49 (which you should all get if you haven't already bought the game).

I did exactly the same and I'm in regret of that purchase as well. I can't imagine paying $60 for it, and I'm glad I didn't.

The only fair compensation I can see for MCC that will actually put everyone on fair terms is, firstly, actually fixing this game, and secondly, giving free DLC to everyone who purchased it before and during Christmas if there are still issues, which is inevitable. I expect no less than a port of Reach along with ODST, but I almost guarantee it won't be, and instead we'll just receive more remade maps and some sort of Halo 5 Guardians content, which for me is completely useless since I may not purchase it just like I did with Destiny.

This is much worse than the BF4 launch. Of course, that one was a little bit more vocalized considering EA has pretty much never been on good terms with gamers.

antigoon

I'm at the point where I'm not even booting this game up unless my friend wants to play campaign.

I gotta start doing customs with you guys again.

Akai__

Sorry, but Kampfheld should have stayed at his Xbox downloadable games leaks. It was pretty obvious, that he didn't knew anything Halo related other than news are comming and that wasn't really news, since we knew it as well.

I'm pretty sure these "I know something, but I won't tell you." posts are a bannable offense either way. Should have been banned for his morse code bullshit...

Onikaan

Maybe the lack of an update since Friday means they've got a bigger patch up their sleeves? I'm talking CE matchmaking or SpOps. Maybe we'll at least get a date on those items soon? One can hope.

If the next patch doesn't SEVERELY improve the stability of parties and matching making, well... I'll be really mad.

That's all I got.

EDIT: Seriously, I will sigh the greatest of sighs. Getting on for 4 weeks man.

No it doesn't. People just want to be melodramatic. Almost every single post in here is about the series or the games now. Who cares if it's extremely negative? It's still on topic and about Halo. No one is really being super hateful or insulting either.

Plus, issues are being worked out amongst ourselves rather than people PM'ing several mods for intervention.

If anything complaining it's too negative, saying people are whining is probably the stuff that shouldn't be said.

Seriously. God, I mean I'm not remotely old guard and people think HaloGAF is bad now? There were pages where people were posting their ignore lists for Christ's sake and it seemed like half the people hadn't played Halo in months (this is in the 4 days).

Lots of people are being negative because Halo 5 is already looking like it's changed things a lot, and so far changing Halo's formula has not really worked out for most hardcore fans (which if you're here, you are almost by definition such a fan). And then there's MCC, which barely functions for a lot of use cases (like trying to play with your friends).

We can pretend that things are sunshine and lollipops or we can talk about interesting issues, which are often negative (or we could all pick something good and agree on it, exciting).

As for Halo
FUNKOWN
, the H2C Carbine is broken in MM (thank you's go out to the scrubs I played on Ivory Tower the other night), but since it's not too common on the maps it's hasn't been a huge deal so far. The second a 49-49 tie is broken by it though, it's going to be rage time.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
From the update thread on Halo Waypoint :

12.1 2:45 PM Update
The team continues development and testing of upcoming content updates, the next of which will specifically make improvements to the matchmaking system and flow. This particular update is on track for delivery this week. We will provide more details on the exact ETA, included fixes, and additional upcoming content updates in the near future. Please stay tuned to this thread for more details.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Oh my bad let me rephrase that

I'll stop being a salty jackass if 343 releases a good and functional game

that's all i want man

i totally understand all of the complaining about MCC. The game has serious issues. What I don't think is acceptable is how people are saying it's tearing the community apart.

I've been running this Throwdown thing for a few weeks now and honestly it's some of the most fun I've had in a Halo game ever. Not to toot my own horn but rather than complain about the game I decided to make the best of it and it's really been quite enjoyable to play with everyone who has joined in on the Throwdown.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I made MCC work for me while 343 sorts out what it needs to and I've made friends on here that I don't think I ever would have in matchmaking even if it was working as intended. Great memories have already been made for me!
From Junior that some hated for his use of GAYDAR to saving Halo, one THROWDOWN at a time.

You people best recognize. This is how Tashi got hired.

Step 1. Hate motion tracker.
Step 2. Host Custom Games.
Step 3. 343.​
Nice, I'll check it out.

Rev3rb

12.1 2:45 PM Update
The team continues development and testing of upcoming content updates, the next of which will specifically make improvements to the matchmaking system and flow. This particular update is on track for delivery this week. We will provide more details on the exact ETA, included fixes, and additional upcoming content updates in the near future. Please stay tuned to this thread for more details.

Sounds like they're on a weekly release schedule now.

VinFTW

honestly partys and lobbys are becoming a bigger deal to me than matchmaking.

having to quit the build when invites dont work or dropping someone constantly is soul crushing

-Ryn

Banned
From Junior that some hated for his use of GAYDAR to saving Halo, one THROWDOWN at a time.

You people best recognize. This is how Tashi got hired.

Step 1. Hate motion tracker.
Step 2. Host Custom Games.
Step 3. 343.​

Nice, I'll check it out.
He's a hero in his own right.

Sweet, let me know if you like it dude.
I'm down to clown anytime since I don't really have much to do on my 360 right now.

Because Microsoft wanted this game out on November 11th
Bingo

As for Halo
FUNKNOWN*
, the H2C Carbine is broken in MM (thank you's go out to the scrubs I played on Ivory Tower the other night), but since it's not too common on the maps it's hasn't been a huge deal so far. The second a 49-49 tie is broken by it though, it's going to be rage time.
In those games, did you find your use of the Carbine significantly different than the BR? If so, what exactly was different? Kill times may have been faster, but what about your use of other weapons? Did you find yourself using the rest of the sandbox as frequently (referring to power weapons as no one playing competitively would pick up an SMG or Plasma Rifle when spawning with BR's anyway)?

The way I feel is that the only weapon we ever really need is the BR in H2C, especially thanks to the button combos to help it in CQC, so Carbine battles aren't much different from that angle. Now over range though, with the Carbine's shallow magazine size (18 shots) and it taking 8 shots to kill, I haven't found it to be a problem in regular Matchmaking. Another thing is I can't see people landing consistent 8sk's over range, whereas with the BR it might be easier. Team shooting would be effective with the Carbine as it is with the BR, but the ammo might balance that out.

What I'm still interested in seeing is how high level gameplay would change if everyone spawned with a Carbine and BR as they both have their strengths and weaknesses. We need a CGB already..

EDIT:
Sweet, let me know if you like it dude.
I'm down to clown anytime since I don't really have much to do on my 360 right now.
Will do :]

VinFTW

Microsoft offering $15 of Rewards to people who buy MCC. Stay classy MSFT.

to be fair these kind of rewards programs/punchcards are set in place pretty early on. Most likely it was planned before the MM issues/launch happened.

But I also won't jump the gun and assume us current owners are getting nothing, we'll hear something this week as per our banned friend.

Welfare

So was Kamp BS'ing?

Also, an update a week isn't that bad, as long as they are substantial updates that fix general bugs along with MM issues.

RowdyReverb

Latest patch helped my game out I think. Still has kinks and bugs obviously, but I at least find matches in a timely manner most of the time.

VinFTW

Man I really hope they drop all the audio filters currently on Steitzer. Makes the game come across as so inauthentic and dopey.

The way he soudns with the Perfect medal is great.

He needs to be dark, deep and ominous. Bad-ass sounding, not like a rap song w/ audio-tune galore.

In those games, did you find your use of the Carbine significantly different than the BR? If so, what exactly was different? Kill times may have been faster, but what about your use of other weapons? Did you find yourself using the rest of the sandbox as frequently (referring to power weapons as no one playing competitively would pick up an SMG or Plasma Rifle when spawning with BR's anyway)?

The way I feel is that the only weapon we ever really need is the BR in H2C, especially thanks to the button combos to help it in CQC, so Carbine battles aren't much different from that angle. Now over range though, with the Carbine's shallow magazine size (18 shots) and it taking 8 shots to kill, I haven't found it to be a problem in regular Matchmaking. Another thing is I can't see people landing consistent 8sk's over range, whereas with the BR it might be easier. Team shooting would be effective with the Carbine as it is with the BR, but the ammo might balance that out.

What I'm still interested in seeing is how high level gameplay would change if everyone spawned with a Carbine and BR as they both have their strengths and weaknesses. We need a CGB already..

As we proved the other night, the Carbine is plainly more powerful than the BR and almost everyone switched to it once they realized what was going on. The only reason it is not breaking matchmaking is because it's uncommon on the maps.

VS a BR, range and CQC isn't that big of a deal since the rate of fire so huge you'll still kill them hitting their shins pretty quickly. BR might have a burst but you can now make the Carbine basically do the same thing by just spamming the trigger. At medium-long range I was just emptying a ton of body shots then performing a coupe de grace (unless a teammate did first) and I was still destroying BR users.

Basically, I when I found the Carbine I used it over the BR until it ran out of ammo. Of course I would use power weapons if it was prudent. Considering that the BR already dominates the H2 sandbox for the most part, and the Carbine is now a super-BR... that's no bueno unless you're trying to make SWAT 2.0. It's basically a power weapon, not a utility.

I know it's 1-shot, but sorry... no.

BigShow36

honestly partys and lobbys are becoming a bigger deal to me than matchmaking.

having to quit the build when invites dont work or dropping someone constantly is soul crushing

But with how slick and fast the new dashboard is, it's practically a breeze!!

wwm0nkey

Frankie is getting death threats, I really hate some parts of the "gaming" community -_-

Seriously that stuff it's not cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom