• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onikaan

So we're just collectively forgetting all of the JIP issues and matchmaking problems from the first 5-10 days of Halo 4's launch? Ok. I missed that memo. I'll grant that those issues weren't as bad as MCC's launch state, but they certainly weren't "fine".

Nice attitude.

Nothing works perfectly, we're all aware of that. But perhaps your experience was worse than ours? I don't recall waiting 10 minutes to find players or having to reboot the game multiple times or having to play alone because the UI is so broken I can't join my friends. Jem's 100% is exaggerated of course, but Halo 4's matchmaking at launch was nothing compared to the sustained mess that the MCC is in. It's been almost 4 weeks now. I'd take no red Xs and no fileshare for a working matchmaking system.

Nice attitude.

Nothing works perfectly, we're all aware of that. But perhaps your experience was worse than ours?

That's not what was being argued. Jem made the statement that the thing 343 made 100% of worked "fine". I was pointing out that no, it did not work fine, which means MCC being even more of a mess is doubly embarrassing for them because they should've learned from Halo 4's launch and the subsequent player dropoff.

But they didn't, so here we are creeping towards the Halo 5 beta release date looking at a situation where the beta MP may work better than the MP in an actual "finished product".

Fuchsdh

I wouldn't call lack of ranking, dodgy framerate and an abomination of an attempt at a runnable split screen fine. Plus the direction the game itself went in was pretty shitty.

Campaign framerate was far moer solid than Reach. I never had issues in multi.

Nice attitude.

Nothing works perfectly, we're all aware of that. But perhaps your experience was worse than ours? I don't recall waiting 10 minutes to find players or having to reboot the game multiple times or having to play alone because the UI is so broken I can't join my friends. Jem's 100% is exaggerated of course, but Halo 4's matchmaking at launch was nothing compared to the sustained mess that the MCC is in. It's been almost 4 weeks now. I'd take no red Xs and no fileshare for a working matchmaking system.
Behind MCC's broken mess, is great Halo games.

Behind Halo 4's excellent launch matchmaking, is a bad Halo game.

Both bad launches for different reasons.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I wonder what NPDs are going to look like. I know it's not selling great in the UK, though I imagine it did well here.

Karl2177

Nice attitude.

And the point other people are trying to make is that we don't want either of those cases. Reach and Halo 3 had launches without major technical issues.

jem0208

Nice attitude.

The 100% was in reference to the fact that they made the game rather than outsourced all the work to other devs.

I may have been wrong though because I didn't know CA made some of the multiplayer. Although I assume that would be the maps rather than the actual gameplay?

And the point other people are trying to make is that we don't want either of those cases. Reach and Halo 3 had launches without major technical issues.

Halo 4 didn't have any major technical issues. It had some minor technical issues which weren't particularly widespread.

The biggest issue was the framerate however hardly any games in the last few years of the 360 had a completely robust framerate.

Yeah this is really sad. HaloGaf had a lot of hype posts and discussions prior to the MCC release. Now I'm constantly seeing the thread heading down almost outside of the first thread page. The only time it ever rises back up is when we all get on and talk about how disappointed we are.

Dang.

tumblr_mgt4k6h5E21s255a9o1_500.gif

The 100% was in reference to the fact that they made the game rather than outsourced all the work to other devs.

I may have been wrong though because I didn't know CA made some of the multiplayer. Although I assume that would be the maps rather than the actual gameplay?

Halo 4 was outsourced to more than just CA. Fyre will likely be in here shortly to drop some truth bombs on us about that game's scattered parentage.

During the Halo 4 era, HaloGAF was all about the outsource.gif and not enough resources jokes.

Overdoziz

Banned

I think it was Forge, that gametype with the bases and shitload of power weapons and all the maps that supported that gametype with the bases and shitload of power weapons.

Onikaan

I get'cha. Sorry.

I'm not going to say anymore because I don't know enough. I really don't remember Halo 4's early matchmaking issues, (maybe my mind is trying to put the game as far away as possible from me) and I was there just after midnight with a lot of other people from around the world. But I'm certainly not going to argue with anyone, if you had a bad time, then you did.

Fact of the matter is MCC's launch is by far the worst launch of a Halo game to date.

And the damn thing was supposed to bring balance to the force.

The biggest issue was the framerate however hardly any games in the last few years of the 360 had a completely robust framerate.

This was too noticeable in Reach. Soon as you looked down the sniper scope in Sanctuary the drop was so bad it was almost impossible to line up a shot.

Sephzilla

I get'cha. Sorry.

I'm not going to say anymore because I don't know enough. I really don't remember Halo 4's early matchmaking issues, (maybe my mind is trying to put the game as far away as possible from me) and I was there just after midnight with a lot of other people from around the world. But I'm certainly not going to argue with anyone, if you had a bad time, then you did.

Fact of the matter is MCC's launch is by far the worst launch of a Halo game to date.

And the damn thing was supposed to bring balance to the force.

lava_river04.jpg

jem0208

Lack of file share is a major technical issue, no matter how much spin you put on it.

No, it's definitely a minor issue. The game is 100% playable without it and it's probably not even used by the majority of people.

It's very annoying not to have it but it's still only a minor issue.

No, it's definitely a minor issue. The game is 100% playable without it and it's probably not even used by the majority of people.

This got me good, it's also a major issue.

This thing is getting ridiculous.

Just turned my Xbox One on forgetting to have quit out of a glitching sesh on Coag from last night, and when the Bone boots up it starts making stuttering audio bip-bip-blibbips for a few seconds and there's some straight-up Alien Isolation-style screen tearing and glitching. Went away, but still, what the hell.

HTupolev

Campaign framerate was far moer solid than Reach. I never had issues in multi.
Halo 4 is pretty bad in split-screen; I wonder if the more aggressive geometry targets over the generation are to blame for the worse and worse split-screen performance/visual compromise.

But yeah, single-screen actually has great performance for a Halo game. Aside from a couple problem locations in BTB maps, it's got relatively little spiking (a la CE or Reach) or constant obnoxious stutter (lol CEA), and it also doesn't suffer from frame-pacing issues (like Halo 3 does).

Mix

I just played the MCC for the first time in almost 2 weeks, been working a lot lately so I apologize for missing customs and such.

Anyway, I played some MM and it only took me like 45 seconds or less to find matches. Is it actually all working now?

Sephzilla

I just played the MCC for the first time in almost 2 weeks, been working a lot lately so I apologize for missing customs and such.

Anyway, I played some MM and it only took me like 45 seconds or less to find matches. Is it actually all working now?

if you're running solo it seems to be decent

HTupolev

No.

People are sometimes now having sessions where they get into games quickly, but they're still sometimes having sessions where they can't find anything. And the game still experiences rubbish like parties being split across teams for no obvious reason, the interface freaking out and doing nonsensical things like turning Team Slayer matches into FFA, and the like. Players are also still reporting save failures in the single player. Etc.

It seems to be working better, but it's still a fairly broken product.

jem0208

Nope.

Well not for me at least, I've stopped really bothering since the last patch did absolutely nothing though. Titanfall is fun enough for me.

Welfare

Holy shit really?

I completely forgot this game had a file share, just like in Halo 4 (at launch).

THAT'S BAD

And that is a major issue, no matter if it's "not even used by the majority of people". Why do people try to spin the obvious negatives in this game as a way of marginalizing them?

Able to get some games in MM myself.. can't speak for others.

Working on going through campaigns right now.. fuck Halo:CE on legendary.

As someone who likes to get all the cheevos for Halo games this one is going to be a bear.. the par time/scores on these maps are insane for the achievements involved.

Just turned my Xbox One on forgetting to have quit out of a glitching sesh on Coag from last night, and when the Bone boots up it starts making stuttering audio bip-bip-blibbips for a few seconds and there's some straight-up Alien Isolation-style screen tearing and glitching. Went away, but still, what the hell.
Had the same problem backing out from a crash. It's crazy how nuts the whole OS goes haha

Holy shit really?

I completely forgot this game had a file share, just like in Halo 4 (at launch).

THAT'S BAD

And that is a major issue, no matter if it's "not even used by the majority of people". Why do people try to spin the obvious negatives in this game as a way of marginalizing them?

It's indeed a major issue. H4 had no working file shares for months while H3 and Reach worked perfectly at launch, Reach even improved 3's with the addition of a cool file explorer.

jem0208

Holy shit really?

THAT'S BAD

It really isn't. I could still get into matchmaking in seconds, I could still play the campaign without any crashes, I could still play custom games very easily. It pales in comparison to the issues present in the MCC.

It wasn't even a very time sensitive issue. It's not like without it custom games didn't work at all.

Had the same problem backing out from a crash. It's crazy how nuts the whole OS goes haha

Whenever the MCC crashes for the me the entire X1 OS slows to a crawl. I don't know what it is about the game but it's broken at a very fundamental level.

I'm sure websites like Halocharts or Halotracker aren't used by a majority of the people.

I'm sure websites like Forgehub or Halocustoms aren't used by a majority of the people.

Still, it sure sucks to not have a public API or working filshare.

Nevermind, Waypoint is a robust and highly detailed website.

We used to shoot for things outside functioning ports.

jem0208

I'm sure websites like Halocharts or Halotracker aren't used by a majority of the people.

I'm sure websites like Forgehub or Halocustoms aren't used by a majority of the people.

Still, it sure sucks to not have a public API or working filshare.

Nevermind, Waypoint is a robust and highly detailed website.

We used to shoot for things outside functioning ports.

I'm not saying it doesn't suck. I'm saying it's a very minor issue in comparison to the issues present in the MCC.

I'm saying it is not a minor issue to the communities that are built upon and rely on these features to exist.

To be fair, Halo 4 killed a good amount of the community due to features completely absent as a result of "intentional" design desicions, e.g. Highspeedhalo being pretty much dead in the water due to no Campaign theater.

It really isn't. I could still get into matchmaking in seconds, I could still play the campaign without any crashes, I could still play custom games very easily. It pales in comparison to the issues present in the MCC.

It wasn't even a very time sensitive issue. It's not like without it custom games didn't work at all.

Whenever the MCC crashes for the me the entire X1 OS slows to a crawl. I don't know what it is about the game but it's broken at a very fundamental level.

Do you realize there are BIG communities like ForgeHub, Halocustoms, THFE guys and others which are being held back thanks to this " minor issue".

This communities create content which helps grow and enlarge the game experience for everyone and keep it on track.

I'll redirect you to my other post on the issue: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=141139003&postcount=7917

Reading some of your last posts and Ryn's had me rolling my eyes for real.

klodeckel

Banned
Do you realize there are BIG communities like ForgeHub, Halocustoms, THFE guys and others which are being held back thanks to this " minor issue".

This communities create content which helps grow and enlarge the game experience for everyone and keep it on track.

I'll redirect you to my other post on the issue: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=141139003&postcount=7917

Reading some of your last posts and Ryn's had me rolling my eyes for real.

He stated several times that his statement was made in comparison to the other problems TMCC has. If you deny that a working matchmaking (read: the system that let's you play the game online at all) is more important than a file share, then it is not you who should have rolling eyes ...

Personally I also think missing file share is bad. Very bad. But it is not even compearable to a fundamental and not well working matchmaking system.

willow ve

I'm holding out for a scope in that doesn't look like ADS but I doubt I'll get it.

Yeah - me too. Slim to no hope that they actually listen to the Halo community and at least put that option into the game (along with default controls not be CODified).

It shocks me just how bad every single ADS sceenshot is in Halo 5 Beta. It's just bad.

I wonder if we'll be able to toggle Spartan Abilities individually, even if it's just through modded / gabo-wizardry-edited gametypes like Sprint in Halo 4.

Not sure if you're aware but personal opinions don't always make for great generalizations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom