• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

I consider this Halo collection to be far worse than BF4 ever was.

Most of the issues regarding online were related to 64 player matches. Something that the MCC doesn't even come close to matching on a technical level. Hell this game isn't even using dedicated servers even though that was its main selling point. And then you have the fact that BF4 was spread over two generations of hardware and PC and is more than a port, yet you could still play online with smaller player counts (32 or less) almost a MONTH after launch. It was more shaky on PC but still.

Yeah, you had issues with campaign saves and occasional crashes. But for some unknown reason the MCC has these same issues and worse. Literally every aspect of this game is broken in some way.

and split communities is such a stupid argument when you've literally got a dedicated server browser to pick and choose however you want ^^^

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So my X1 is out for delivery today. What should I be expecting once I get MCC all loaded up? Is MP at all playable? I'm also reading about the campaigns being borked. Sorry, hard to keep up with all the updates going on.

A lot of tears.

Booshka

"good kill" "reloading" "lets send the back to basic training" Shut the Fuck up

Shadowrun has some pretty good combat chatter, but there aren't as many kills, so it doesn't become annoying. A lot of that shit in the Halo 5 beta is really cheesy, and along with all the bloops and bleeps, makes the audio crowded as fuck.

Sephzilla

I consider this Halo collection to be far worse than BF4 ever was.

Most of the issues regarding online were related to 64 player matches. Something that the MCC doesn't even come close to matching on a technical level. Hell this game isn't even using dedicated servers even though that was its main selling point. And then you have the fact that BF4 was spread over two generations of hardware and PC and is more than a port. You could still play online with smaller player counts (32 or less). It was more shaky on PC but still.

Yeah, you had issues with campaign saves and occasional crashes. But for some unknown reason the MCC has these same issues and worse. Literally every aspect of this game is broken in some way.

and split communities is such a stupid argument when you've literally got a dedicated server browser to pick and choose however you want ^^^

Didnt BF4 have a single player glitch that would erase all of your progress single and multiplayer wise? That seems like its worse than anything in MCC

jem0208

I pretty much agree with this.

Long-time Halo players inherently KNOW to check power weapon spawns every so often, even if you're not intense about the SPECIFIC timing, i.e. "rocks will be up at 8:17 guys!" However, for people used to more "modern" shooters, this is a unique aspect to Halo and I'm okay with making an audio call-out when a map power weapon is about to spawn. It's literally like having that "intense" guy on your team calling out power weapon spawns anyway, so in that sense like it in focuses even the scrub-iest people to play the game the way competitive Halo has always BEEN played.

That said, I DON'T think there should be audio-call outs for when those weapons are actually picked up, whether by your team or the enemy team. Players should be able to deduce that sort of thing on their own and based on where teammates are.

EDIT: I suppose I'd be okay with an audio cue that "our team picked up X" because if you're playing with a communicative competitive team, that actually would be communicated. The only way I'd be okay with the "enemy picked up X" would be if some player on your team was nearby the enemy when that happened, either a visual confirmation or within motion tracker range. Again, this would be a good way to "emulate" a team with good communication even if everyone is silent/lone wolf-ish.

I think a spartan callout saying the enemy team has a weapon would be okay if someone sees the enemy holding that weapon. So for example if you see a guy holding the sniper, you and the team would hear "They have the sniper in the *insert location of enemy sniper*"

"good kill" "reloading" "lets send the back to basic training" Shut the Fuck up

This stuff is really quite annoying. I really hope they have separate toggles for the useless chatter and the useful callouts. I actually really like the callouts for enemy positions etc.

So my X1 is out for delivery today. What should I be expecting once I get MCC all loaded up? Is MP at all playable? I'm also reading about the campaigns being borked. Sorry, hard to keep up with all the updates going on.
Don't even try matchmaking.

MCC is ordering a steak, and the waiter bringing you a piece of raw cow ass instead.

Wait for them to finish the game first.

Seriously.

I think a spartan callout saying the enemy team has a weapon would be okay if someone sees the enemy holding that weapon. So for example if you see a guy holding the sniper, you and the team would hear "They have the sniper in the *insert location of enemy sniper*"

Lol. The clamber of callouts.

I pretty much agree with this.

Long-time Halo players inherently KNOW to check power weapon spawns every so often, even if you're not intense about the SPECIFIC timing, i.e. "rocks will be up at 8:17 guys!" However, for people used to more "modern" shooters, this is a unique aspect to Halo and I'm okay with making an audio call-out when a map power weapon is about to spawn. It's literally like having that "intense" guy on your team calling out power weapon spawns anyway, so in that sense like it in focuses even the scrub-iest people to play the game the way competitive Halo has always BEEN played.

That said, I DON'T think there should be audio-call outs for when those weapons are actually picked up, whether by your team or the enemy team. Players should be able to deduce that sort of thing on their own and based on where teammates are.

EDIT: I suppose I'd be okay with an audio cue that "our team picked up X" because if you're playing with a communicative competitive team, that actually would be communicated. The only way I'd be okay with the "enemy picked up X" would be if some player on your team was nearby the enemy when that happened, either a visual confirmation or within motion tracker range. Again, this would be a good way to "emulate" a team with good communication even if everyone is silent/lone wolf-ish.

Yeah it just encourages players to be silent instead of getting on the mics and out of party chat to communicate properly. Part of the satisfaction on competetive Halo is the communication, even with randoms.

I am for fostering the correct focus on map control and weapon control, but I don't think shouting out information automatically without effort from anyone is the solution. At least I hope the constant shouting of info will be limited to certain play lists.

Well, it's no different to the callouts pro teams make.

If you see that the enemy team has the rockets then you should tell them.

The difference is a human is doing one and the game is doing the other.

What you are saying is the same as telling me that me missing my shot because I have bad aim is the same as me missing my shot because of bloom. One situation was due to human input. The other situation was due to computer input.

You see the difference right?

Omni

How does this in any way excuse a game wiping glitch?

In MCC at worst you have to restart a level.
Okay, that's nice.

How's MCC's multiplayer again? It's almost a month after launch and people still can't find games. Not to mention that in the off chance you do (I've found 11 games and I've searched almost every night), you're most likely playing P2P even though this collection was blatantly advertised as being run on dedicated servers. And then you have all the random bugs, UI oversights, visual errors and whatever else that's wrong with every aspect of this game. That's far beyond anything BF4 was doing wrong.

Might sound bitter here. But I don't like how it seems people are pointing to BF4 and saying it was worse. When the fact is that you could still play the damn thing.

Sephzilla

Okay, that's nice.

How's MCC's multiplayer again? It's almost a month after launch and people still can't find games. Not to mention that in the off chance you do (I've found 11 games and I've searched almost every night), you're most likely playing P2P even though this collection was blatantly advertised as being run on dedicated servers. And then you have all the random bugs, UI oversights, visual errors and whatever else that's wrong with every aspect of this game. That's far beyond anything BF4 was doing wrong.

Might sound bitter here. But I don't like how it seems people are pointing to BF4 and saying it was worse. When the fact is that you could still play the damn thing.

I can't explain your problems. I'm able to get in a decent number of games each day.

Also 343 seems more intent on getting MCC fixed ASAP, unlike Dice who seemed to take their time with it. Shit, they were even planning on doing DLC while it was still broken before they ultimately realized the backlash they would get from that..

It'd be nice if you could toggle an option where Spartans would automatically resume tac-chatter on your end if you had your mic off or unplugged.

So MCC ain't nuthin to fuck wit?

Whens the next update patch supposed to hit?
Hahaha with MCC, think of it as A Better Tomorrow
all those classic ingredients, but it fails spectacularly

This week. But the previous patches fixed pretty much nothing.

It's a great games buried under a pile of dog shit. If your a patient man just run some campaign instead untill the games fixed.

Couldn't hurt to try a little matchmaking and see what you think. I'd be a lot happier if I had just waited to jump into a working game though.

Omni

I can't explain your problems. I'm able to get in a decent number of games each day.

Also 343 seems more intent on getting MCC fixed ASAP, unlike Dice who seemed to take their time with it. Shit, they were even planning on doing DLC while it was still broken before they ultimately realized the backlash they would get from that..
Neither can 343i. That's why we're in this mess. Plus it's not just my problems. Unless you think matchmaking is fixed?

I'm not going to defend this too much because I know BF4 was broken. But BF4's DLC was in development before release. Hell they even delayed a few versions to work out bugs. But Dice had several patches before then anyway and the game was still playable

One thing that needs addressing, and it was a problem in Halo 4 too, is the menu music blaring out while you're searching for playlists/games. In Halo 3/Reach, the music fades after beginning search, even if you subsequently cancel that search. It also somewhat devalues the potency of the original music. The dramatic fanfare that accompanies the warthog run final act of the trilogy is fitting in context but it only serves to fray one's nerves when all the thrashing around is the soundtrack to ten minutes of searching for players.

Sephzilla

Neither can 343i. That's why we're in this mess.

Plus not just my problems. Unless you think matchmaking is fixed?

There are numerous people both saying that MM is still not working for them and people saying it is working for them. So it's not fixed. But it seems like it's improved compared to where we were on November 11th.

One thing that needs addressing, and it was a problem in Halo 4 too, is the menu music blaring out while you're searching for playlists/games. In Halo 3/Reach, the music fades after beginning search, even if you subsequently cancel that search. It also somewhat devalues the potency of the original music. The dramatic fanfare that accompanies the warthog run final act of the trilogy is fitting in context but it only serves to fray one's nerves when all the thrashing around is the soundtrack to ten minutes of searching for players.

Kind of on this note - an option to customize what menu music you hear would be kind of nice albeit totally unnecessary. I'd personally filter out a bunch of the Halo 4 tracks as some of them, i dunno, just make me feel unconformable. The Halo 4 music that pops up in the menus generally sounds depressing.

Impala26

Not that I disagree with you, but there is always another option...

remote_mute_button_fig.jpg

I can't always use my mic so he actually has a good idea. Broken mics, gf sleeping whatever. Using a mic isn't always possible.

So you get all the callouts even though your teammates aren't really giving any AND you can only get these overly informative callouts if your mic is unplugged? This is worse than just giving them to everyone, mic or no mic.

Why would you want to encourage people to not use their mics?

"You're letting players record clips with a button combination? Why would you want to encourage people to not use their Kinect?"

BWWWWOOOOOOOuuuwwwwwwwwwwwuuuBWWWWWOOOOOOOuuuuuuuwwwwuuuuuuu

Omni

There are numerous people both saying that MM is still not working for them and people saying it is working for them. So it's not fixed. But it seems like it's improved compared to where we were on November 11th.

Oh, okay. Thanks 343i for being so nice and fixing some people's games for them

I can't wait until I get to play!

can you tell I've been writing essays all night? I'm soo salty. I apologise. I'm going to bed ;_;

klodeckel

Banned
But Dice had several patches before then anyway and the game was still playable

But it wasn't ... You don't want to believe others when they say matchmaking is working for them in MCC but when talking about BF4 you make the general statement that it worked? What's the logic here? I already played more stable games in MCC than in the first 4 months of BF4 combined ...

So you get all the callouts even though your teammates aren't really giving any AND you can only get these overly informative callouts if your mic is unplugged? This is worse than just giving them to everyone, mic or no mic.
He said a toggle. I never use my mic if I'm not playing with people I know.

They're going with callouts, just gotta accept that. If they do them right it could be really useful in those situations you can't/don't wanna use your mic

Omni

But it wasn't ... You don't want to believe others when they say matchmaking is working for them in MCC but when talking about BF4 you make the general statement that it worked? What's the logic here? I already played more stable games in MCC than in the first 4 months of BF4 combined ...

Okay then. BF4 was broken. Halo is broken. So why is BF4's launch worse than Halo's again?

Thaaaaaaat's it. actual bed time for me. byeee

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Didnt BF4 have a single player glitch that would erase all of your progress single and multiplayer wise? That seems like its worse than anything in MCC

Yeah. I got 1/2 of the way through the BF4 campaign, quit, came back a few days later and it had erased everything. I have yet to play it again.

jem0208

The difference is a human is doing one and the game is doing the other.

What you are saying is the same as telling me that me missing my shot because I have bad aim is the same as me missing my shot because of bloom. One situation was due to human input. The other situation was due to computer input.

You see the difference right?
I really don't, and they are completely different situations. Missing a shot because of bloom is in no way comparable to spartan callouts.

I think the callout idea is a great one. Nobody ever communicates with mics anymore. I can only remember a single game where someone actually used a mic to callout the enemy's locations. As long as they remove or add the ability to disable the useless chatter separately to the callouts I think it'll be good.

I really don't, and they are completely different situations. Missing a shot because of bloom is in no way comparable to spartan callouts.

I think the callout idea is a great one. Nobody ever communicates with mics anymore. I can only remember a single game where someone actually used a mic to callout the enemies locations. As long as they remove or add the ability to disable the useless chatter separately to the callouts I think it'll be good.

You can't see the difference between a human using his eyes, ears, and mouth to perform an accurate call out and the game automatically performing a perfect call out for them?

Impala26

I think the callout idea is a great one. Nobody ever communicates with mics anymore. I can only remember a single game where someone actually used a mic to callout the enemy's locations. As long as they remove or add the ability to disable the useless chatter separately to the callouts I think it'll be good.

post-18576-BabyTard-thank-you-gif-uY7i.gif

/end_argument

You can't see the difference between a human using his eyes, ears, and mouth to perform an accurate call out and the game automatically performing a perfect call out for them?

You're not wrong, but until there's a point where the game won't allow you in a playlist without detecting a mic, you can't FORCE EVERYONE to do this. And even if you have a mic plugged in and is "detected" there's no rule that says you'll be kicked from game without talking into it. And even if there was, you could just spout gibberish. And even if there was a spoken English detector, you could just be talking about last Sunday's football game...

Do you see where I'm going with this?

Everyone's new favorite phrase!
When it comes to 343 and Halo we've learned this. They're gonna do want they're gonna do.

There's hundreds of well argued, thought out posts talking about how sprint isn't a good fit for Halo. Starting from Reach.

What's changed? They want sprint in their game so we're getting it. Come on you know this. Complaining doesn't change anything anymore

Impala26

When it comes to 343 and Halo we've learned this. They're gonna do want they're gonna do.

There's hundreds of well argued, thought out posts talking about how sprint isn't a good fit for Halo. Starting from Reach.

What's changed? They want sprint in their game so we're getting it. Come on you know this. Complaining doesn't change anything anymore

It could possibly get us toggle-able sprint in customs, no?

#keephopealive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom