• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jem0208

But unless the core visual feedback is worse than it probably should be, hitmarkers won't add much.

Err, what? Why are we team shooting? How does team shooting make shield flare (and related visual indicators) useless?

?????
They don't take anything away either. I quite like them though.

Also by team shooting I mean multiple people on your team shooting the same enemy target. With flare the shield is going to light up for your ally's shots as well as yours. Making it difficult to distinguish whether or not you're hitting your target.

Or what would more likely work is that you would place the hilt of the lightsaber near your ass, aiming it up and then activate it. It would probably wouldn't go very far since your head is already so far up it.

G0qXi.gif

heckfu

Banned
Or what would more likely work is that you would place the hilt of the lightsaber near your ass, aiming it up and then activate it. It would probably wouldn't go very far since your head is already so far up it.

I feel like it would keep going? I'm no expert, but I feel like those swords are pretty powerful!!!!!

Omni

Anyone have big versions of these four images? Waypoint only gives a small preview. And that imgur link that people used before release makes my laptop freeze so I can't look through it to see myself

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Anyone have big versions of these four images? Waypoint only gives a small preview. And that imgur link that people used before release makes my laptop freeze so I can't look through it to see myself

On the achievement page, this one for example : https://account.xbox.com/Achievements/XboxOne/1144039928/235, copy the image URL by right clicking on it, paste the URL in your browser's address bar and remove the "&h=640&w=1138" at the end, then press enter and you should get the full-size image.
You can even change the format from "jpg" to "png".

Here are the links for your four images :

http://images-eds.xboxlive.com/imag...68Je2CEJlvsk8Pzok5a9f1JCChu0zdxjBI&format=png
http://images-eds.xboxlive.com/imag...9ALY76MqBvGIMR63oLQcOZmdqH6QBNviYi&format=png
http://images-eds.xboxlive.com/imag...MhxCG4OJWAkAzXjZj4mAqe16TzljMrfz_j&format=png
http://images-eds.xboxlive.com/imag...GyVh4EcLdmxsJ5zJmlHjtY9XTY2jPvuzXw&format=png

Random17

Real talk: The yearly release cycle every September/November is what is "killing" Halo.

For many of the Halo games, an extra year of development (preventing the cancellation of some ideas, progressing others) would have made a load of difference. Halo 2 is the penultimate example, although I'd also argue that 3 and 4 would have been significantly affected as well. For all we know, the concepts in PAX 09 in Reach might have been fully implemented as well.

But MS won't budge. I can see the MCC issues rolling over into Halo 5 next year. And it won't be pretty.

Edit: Halo Wars too.

willow ve

Getting to terminal velocity should take more than one second when sprinting. it's damn near instant.

Halo 5 also has a gorgeous score sheet while in game. Seeing it come up just makes me happy.

I wonder if they fixed the post game stats to show the final score. Cause that seems like an obvious thing to do...

I love the idea of campaign playlists, specially cross-game ones... but I think some missions are too long.

They should have them divided in sections, so a 'Tank playlist' only use specific parts that you are on a tank, not the entire mission.

Much more dynamic.

-Ryn

Banned
Red vs Blue is fine. If anything it's too washed out as others have said.
It's not like you are a bright blue Spartan in the campaign. Even if you take the lore into account, it makes sense to have the teams be distinct colors in a training simulation.

Changing a series to make it more modern or realistic is and always will be a dumb reason to change it. You don't add or change something in your series because everyone else is doing it. You do it because you think it's a cool idea that would work well for your series. Halo's aesthetic has never been steeped in grit and I hope it never is. Halo 4 tried this with the Covenant and it took away from the unique identity of each species, resulting in them all looking like space dinos.

Hit markers are dumb.

Shield flare ftw

#butts

Omni

On the achievement page, this one for example : https://account.xbox.com/Achievements/XboxOne/1144039928/235, copy the image URL by right clicking on it, paste the URL in your browser's address bar and remove the "&h=640&w=1138" at the end, then press enter and you should get the full-size image.
You can even change the format from "jpg" to "png".

Here are the links for your four images :

http://images-eds.xboxlive.com/imag...68Je2CEJlvsk8Pzok5a9f1JCChu0zdxjBI&format=png
http://images-eds.xboxlive.com/imag...9ALY76MqBvGIMR63oLQcOZmdqH6QBNviYi&format=png
http://images-eds.xboxlive.com/imag...MhxCG4OJWAkAzXjZj4mAqe16TzljMrfz_j&format=png
http://images-eds.xboxlive.com/imag...GyVh4EcLdmxsJ5zJmlHjtY9XTY2jPvuzXw&format=png

That's amazing. Thank you so much, man!

Omni

Well I searched for 30 minutes tonight and still no games.

I guess... I'm done with this game? For now at least. When is the next patch again?

m23

Watched some of that Halo 5 footage that was posted earlier. Looks really fun to me. I'm not really a fan of unlimited Sprint and the ADS stuff but I think it could be fun. Happy to see more emphasis on movement though with the thruster pack, my go to AA in 4. After the disappointment that was MCC I'm hoping the beta will launch without much issues.

The audio hit markers are annoying though.

TheOddOne

Watched some of that Halo 5 footage that was posted earlier. Looks really fun to me. I'm not really a fan of unlimited Sprint and the ADS stuff but I think it could be fun. Happy to see more emphasis on movement though with the thruster pack, my go to AA in 4. After the disappointment that was MCC I'm hoping the beta will launch without much issues.

The audio hit markers are annoying though.
*Bleep* *Bleep* *Bleeeeeeeeeeeeep*

What the bleeping bleep. Ugh.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Just got back from a nine-day vacation with family, no internet, so all I was able to play was offline MCC campaign and other games. Got home Sunday evening, downloaded this latest greatest patch...the matchmaking is still screwed up for me.

When is this game going to be fixed? Last night I tried to play some multiplayer before going to bed, I had an hour, and played two matches that worked. The rest of the time I was either waiting for a game to fill up or it kept crashing. This is so annoying. I figured after Thanksgiving, these issues would be resolved but damn...this is going on for far too long now.

Fuchsdh

It's funny, while a lot of Halo 3 holds up, I think the Forerunner stuff on the Ark is some of the weakest. They kind of went baroque with the segmented architecture, the repetitious patterns, inlaid patterns on every surface... seeing that I do think I would have pulled back a bit (just not to the degree Halo 4 did.)

Also: why the hell is there random splashes of what looks like water damage throughout the interiors? They're in a desert.

-Ryn

Banned
*Bleep* *Bleep* *Bleeeeeeeeeeeeep*

What the bleeping bleep. Ugh.
r2.gif

It's funny, while a lot of Halo 3 holds up, I think the Forerunner stuff on the Ark is some of the weakest. They kind of went baroque with the segmented architecture, the repetitious patterns, inlaid patterns on every surface... seeing that I do think I would have pulled back a bit (just not to the degree Halo 4 did.)

Also: why the hell is there random splashes of what looks like water damage throughout the interiors? They're in a desert.
Space Rust

I still think that Forerunner game environments haven't lived up to their potential. Some really good ones have come and gone but most of it is just kind of samey.

dwells

Hey sorry gang if this has already been talked about at length, but I just now saw.

But 15,000 XBL points for buying MCC in December? Are MS/343 really ok with promoting a product with an incentive that doesn't work? Holy moly this is super scummy.

It's really incredible. It serves both as a slap in the face to all of us who paid full price at launch and as disrespectful to their userbase by promoting a game that doesn't even work. It's twice the scummy with a single move.

Microsoft has continuously shown that they don't give a damn about their customers. But enough about that, who wants a free copy of Undertow instead of a refund when XBL goes down for two months? Woo!

Is someone paying these clowns off, or are they really just that terrible? I'll just assume this was part of their deal for exclusive previews of the Master Chief Collection through the IGN First thing, because there's no way they're that stupid.

My apologies man i didn't major in textiles.

I disagree with your desire to get rid of red and blue, but that made me laugh, I gotta give you that.

Welfare

Is someone paying these clowns off, or are they really just that terrible? I'll just assume this was part of their deal for exclusive previews of the Master Chief Collection through the IGN First thing, because there's no way they're that stupid.

Um, they're that stupid?

Something that's always really bothered me about Halo is that with all the killing and stuff there'd be a lot of paperwork.

I mean, Spartans are super soldiers using advanced technology so bureaucrats would want to have a moment-by-moment account of everything they did and all the ways they used the very expensive super suits they wear.

To that end I think it's time we moved away from this "arcadey" post-game carnage report and actually had to do some real reports of our own. Just like a few thousands words covering all the after action stuff.

Also, before the game starts we should have to file requisition forms for all the weapons and vehicles we plan to use.

I'm tired of Halo not being a modern, realistic game.

TheOddOne

Something that's always really bothered me about Halo is that with all the killing and stuff there'd be a lot of paperwork.

I mean, Spartans are super soldiers using advanced technology so bureaucrats would want to have a moment-by-moment account of everything they did and all the ways they used the very expensive super suits they wear.

To that end I think it's time we moved away from this "arcadey" post-game carnage report and actually had to do some real reports of our own. Just like a few thousands words covering all the after action stuff.

Also, before the game starts we should have to file requisition forms for all the weapons and vehicles we plan to use.

I'm tired of Halo not being a modern, realistic game.
Halo: Papers, Please.

philipnash19

Neo Member
Do any of you guys and gals know if when the beta is released, will we be prompted to download it or was it already included in the MCC day one patch?

Ataxia

I think we can go one step further

What better way to explore Chief's humanity than making the player press a series of buttons as he passes a bowel movement every so often. If you mess up then it starts seeping out of your suit and erodes your shields

you can also create biohazards on maps. If other players tread in it then they have to listen to Sarah Palmer call them an egghead through the call outs for the rest of the match. "Hey egghead they have the sniper" "watch out egghead power weapons are spawning" "egghead" "you're losing egghead"

-Ryn

Banned
Do any of you guys and gals know if when the beta is released, will we be prompted to download it or was it already included in the MCC day one patch?
It's more than likely to be a download though they haven't really said anything on the matter.

I think we can go one step further

What better way to explore Chief's humanity than making the player press a series of buttons as he passes a bowel movement every so often. If you mess up then it starts seeping out of your suit and erodes your shields

you can also create biohazards on maps. If other players tread in it then they have to listen to Sarah Palmer call them an egghead through the call outs for the rest of the match. "Hey egghead they have the sniper" "watch out egghead power weapons are spawning" "egghead" "you're losing egghead"
B1dLyiZCYAAYyTh.jpg

Omni

What I hate about the whole Xbone in general is that snapping applications while running any kind of demanding game slows the shit out of the system. It actually can't handle it. Like try opening up the DVR app while playing BF4. Sometimes it can take minutes... And by then you've lost a big chunk of what you wanted to record.

Let's not even talk about stuff like music or whatever. Just changing a song while playing a game takes forever

-Ryn

Banned
What I hate about the whole Xbone in general is that snapping applications while running any kind of demanding game slows the shit out of the system. It actually can't handle it. Like try opening up the DVR app while playing BF4. Sometimes it can take minutes... And by then you've lost a big chunk of what you wanted to record.

Let's not even talk about stuff like music or whatever. Just changing a song while playing a game takes forever
Listening to music while I play my games is one of my favorite things about the 360
(even when playing with other people it's nice to have in the background). Does the One even support burning music or playing it off your USB yet?

-Ryn

Banned
Wait a sec... wouldn't Halo 5 need to have some form of toggling for the Spartan Chatter because of theater? I'm basically grasping at air but I'd imagine the voices would screw up machinima at the least...
is Halo machinima dead?
Obviously discounting RvB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom