• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

There are so many small bugs that add up. For example, wanted to watch H2A cinematics, so I had to start Halo Channel, and rather than play them one after the other, it'll play one cinematic and then queue up something stupid like Breaking Down the Map, Lockdown. So I back out and restart the Halo Channel from the actual app and not in-game. Problem is, now the music of the Halo Channel from the queue is playing, over the cinematics of when I opened the app. Quit it all.

Start the game, decide to look at the new rewards I had unlocked for watching Nightfall, some error with matchmaking happened and it booted me back to the multiplayer screen, only now it's running over the UI that was the player ID rewards stuff.

I think I got 2-3 matches in yesterday for almost 1 hour worth of waiting and searching. I back out after 4 minutes. Couldn't get any BTB at all. Hoping that patch comes soon. Getting to the point where I don't think I'd want to play even if it'll work.

I asked Frankie if they were going to include at least the option to use the classic scope, and he said:
Pretty sure he meant that you could use the typical "toggle" click on the joystick to scope or the Call of Duty "hold left trigger" to scope in.
Yeah, I think we need to focus on expressing that then over complaining about ADS. If we could have the options for both, that would be best for everyone. Halo needs more customization options both in its Custom Games and game settings.

RSB

Banned
Well that's disappointing...however I do think it's one of the more reasonable things that the community could mention. It's not a game changer like removing sprint or clamber (not that removing those things would be bad, just sayin).
Maybe if we (coherently) complain enough they will add the option in the final game.

But yeah, they should totally include the option to use the classic scope. If cosmetic ADS is the only option I won't bother to buy the game, that's for sure (yes, I hate ADS that much)

WHYYYYYYY!?!?! DX DX DX

Majora's Mask is probably my most favorite Zelda game... :-(

My life circumstances became as broken as MCC.

Hopefully I can get a new 3DS by the time it comes out...I LOVED the new Zelda: Link between Worlds and the Ocarina of Time 3D was sexy.

And now I have to miss out on Super Smash Bros Wii U as well. BLEH

I sold everything banking on the MCC working and I would spend my time with that. So you can bet that my disappointment level with this collection is escalated.

pls don't tell me it was so you can afford a Xbox One and semi-functional version of the MCC

See above and shed a tear for me.

Impala26

My life circumstances became as broken as MCC.

Hopefully I can get a new 3DS by the time it comes out...I LOVED the new Zelda: Link between Worlds and the Ocarina of Time 3D was sexy.

And now I have to miss out on Super Smash Bros Wii U as well. BLEH

I sold everything banking on the MCC working and I would spend my time with that. So you can bet that my disappointment level with this collection is escalated.

See above and shed a tear for me.

ColbertNOOOOO.gif

I may never complain about salt from you again now...

Akai__

There are so many small bugs that add up. For example, wanted to watch H2A cinematics, so I had to start Halo Channel, and rather than play them one after the other, it'll play one cinematic and then queue up something stupid like Breaking Down the Map, Lockdown. So I back out and restart the Halo Channel from the actual app and not in-game. Problem is, now the music of the Halo Channel from the queue is playing, over the cinematics of when I opened the app. Quit it all.

Same thing happened to me. The app is just terrible to navigate and the autoplay thing is stupid. Doesn't help that you can't quit the videos half the time.

CliQ

Actual button mapping would be ideal. That's probably the one feature I want most in MCC. Let me pick what buttons I want to do what.

That would also be really useful for handicapped people. Just a side thought.

Actual button mapping would be ideal. That's probably the one feature I want most in MCC. Let me pick what buttons I want to do what.

This is true. I never understood why console games never allowed that. It doesn't make sense.

Sure, some people are going to pick a control layout that will optimize certain functions in the game. But if doing a certain built in feature "too fast" or "too easily" is a problem, then the game has a problem, not the control layout.

Because either way...people buy modded controllers that let you do exactly that.

Console games man...

Swap right trigger and start button huehuehue

CliQ

f48TPfm.jpg

***Daily reminder of the MCC Throwdown***

Your votes have been counted and next Saturday we will be in Halo 3! Multiflag CTF on Avalanche will be center stage.

I should have my new capture card by then and hopefully will have some beautiful 1080p 60fps footage to show off! If you want to play in this weeks match send me a PM with your GT or add me on XBL (GT - xCliQuEx). I'm starting to get a feel for making teams balanced so this weekend should be really close!

In case you missed it here are the highlights from this past weekend.

See you on the battlefield!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
This is true. I never understood why console games never allowed that. It doesn't make sense.

Sure, some people are going to pick a control layout that will optimize certain functions in the game. But if doing a certain built in feature "too fast" or "too easily" is a problem, then the game has a problem, not the control layout.

Because either way...people buy modded controllers that let you do exactly that.

Console games man...

Might be a limitation on the hardware side or a lockout on the software side from Sony/M$.

I honestly have never seen a game that allowed controller button mapping.

You can either hold tigger to scope or change to a right thumbstick click scope. Both were in the build I played.

If you want an idea of what the default H5 control scheme feels like go try universal zoom and shoot controls for MCC.
I meant between ADS scopes and regular scopes.

But regarding what you mentioned, is there a "press trigger" to scope? Does being descoped while holding the trigger feel janky?

EDIT:
I prefer thumbstick. Universal zoom and shoot for MCC has zoom on the trigger and there's descope (obviously). Go try it. It's pretty much what what default H5 feels like in terms of scoping.
Yeah I'll check it out.

Magni

I'm sure websites like Halocharts or Halotracker aren't used by a majority of the people.

I'm sure websites like Forgehub or Halocustoms aren't used by a majority of the people.

Still, it sure sucks to not have a public API or working filshare.

Nevermind, Waypoint is a robust and highly detailed website.

We used to shoot for things outside functioning ports.

I miss Bungie.net, I find the Waypoint website harder to navigate :(

http://i.imgur.com/f48TPfm.jpg[IMG]

***Daily reminder of the MCC Throwdown***

Your votes have been counted and next Saturday we will be in Halo 3! Multiflag CTF on Avalanche will be center stage.

I should have my new capture card by then and hopefully will have some beautiful 1080p 60fps footage to show off! If you want to play in this weeks match send me a PM with your GT or add me on XBL (GT - xCliQuEx). I'm starting to get a feel for making teams balanced so this weekend should be really close!

In case you missed it [URL="http://youtu.be/ZN2ZGvkzY8o"]here[/URL] are the highlights from this past weekend.

See you on the battlefield![/QUOTE]

I'll be back this week!

Petition to bump player speed to 110% :)

Ghazi

It's so painful to see the universal control schemes have a few schemes with B or other buttons free and you can't move grenades off the D-pad :(

link1201

Just got a message to update. Any Patch notes yet?

EDIT: Well the game crashed back to the dashboard when I selected update and now I don't see an update message. weird.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Update installed:

4:38 to search and join an H2A game. Then the game ended and I was brought back to Find a Game.

#almost

2nd match, HCS -> 4:58, 5v5

wwm0nkey

I know I'm hyped for the game, but I await the day FPS games get features like this in.

the ability to matchmake while playing offline content are things I see happening soon in the FPS world (might have saved this games ass in a way) but a training mode that puts you in different scenarios to train would be soooooo fucking good.

jem0208

Remember that not that many people are going to have the patch yet, so chances are any improvement won't be noticeable for a bit.

I mean I think we all agree about sprint to some degree, but it was one of the major talking points of disappointment when Halo 4 came out. They still haven't taken it out.

Honestly, if they make Halo 5 without sprint you know all the reviewers will point out that 343 "made Halo slow again" and "removing such a modern feature makes no sense especially when it was in the last two Halo releases."

Goldenboy was on a podcast with teambeyond.net and he refused to budge when it came to hitmarkers and sprint. He kept saying "it's what gamers today have come to expect. It's what will make them feel at home." It's sad that this is the current rationale, but all we can do is vote with our wallets. Most of us here bought halo 4 and we will probably still buy halo 5 anyways.

The Halo we all know and love is gone folks. I think we all know that. Hopefully Halo 5 is at least competitive enough to be taken seriously.

Hopefully Gears of War impresses.
Golden boy became a halo caster after he saw the push it was getting from the Competitive community and Team Beyond. He's more of a joke than i am salty. he's a cod fan that casts Halo.
Is there an official GAF clan tag?

I wonder what the test environment was like.
the test enviro was 2 sticks, 4 players and complex Suppressors starts

Golden boy became a halo caster after he saw the push it was getting from the Competitive community and Team Beyond. He's more of a joke than i am salty. he's a cod fan that casts Halo.

Yeah, I know GoldenBoy loves Halo as well, but it's obvious he is some sort of mouthpiece/apologist when it comes to Halo because he is in business partnership with them in his casting. Also, he knows some people from inside 343 (like Bravo, for example). I don't say that to slander GoldenBoy, I like him, but it sure seems that way.

I just quoted him because he obviously has some info about the direction 343 is going, which is why he was unwilling to entertain the thought of Halo without hit-markers and sprint.

Still can't back out of matchmaking without party getting split...

I have primarily been solo queuing so I don't know how the experience has been for parties going into matchmaking.

My question is: did they finally fix the problem of your buddies getting sent to the other team?

Downloaded the patch.

First game back matched me into a game on Zenith almost immediately.
Map didn't load then it displayed a Game Over message and I was in a lobby for The Pillar of Autumn.

Welp.

jem0208

Downloaded the patch.

First game back matched me into a game on Zenith almost immediately.
Map didn't load then it displayed a Game Over message and I was in a lobby for The Pillar of Autumn.

Welp.
You just found the hidden campaign matchmaking feature. Everything is working as normal, don't worry.

One might say, you Ascended from Zenith to the PoA.

I'm ashamed that I didn't make this terrible pun/joke. This game's issues are taking their toll on me.

I will diminish and go into the West.

EDIT:

One UI fix that would go a long way to fixing the way the game relays information to players: replace all the "..." with "???". Imagine it for yourselves.

Booshka

Yeah, I know GoldenBoy loves Halo as well, but it's obvious he is some sort of mouthpiece/apologist when it comes to Halo because he is in business partnership with them in his casting. Also, he knows some people from inside 343 (like Bravo, for example). I don't say that to slander GoldenBoy, I like him, but it sure seems that way.

I just quoted him because he obviously has some info about the direction 343 is going, which is why he was unwilling to entertain the thought of Halo without hit-markers and sprint.

He also had a mediocre Rifle back when he played Shadowrun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom