• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

Yeah, I was just joking.

Is that 10 dollar deal still going?

Not sure. I think it was only till the first for the game with all the DLC.

I remember the population being about 2.5k before the deal, that's a nice increase.

Yeah as long as you can still find games easily, it's good. Maybe they could start packing it in digitally for new SKU's starting January to keep the population growing. It's been super fun, though I suck right now. Rank 3 going against some prestiged type guys or people with all the good stuff.

Omni

Downloaded the patch. Searched for 7 minutes - Nothing. Searched again for another 5 minutes and got nothing

It's unbelievable how broken this game is. There must be something fundamentally wrong with the way it is built... Or 343i are just incompetent and have no idea what's wrong. Either way at this point it is just ridiculous.

I'll try again with the next patch I guess. Really screwed myself over by buying digital, so I can't trade it in or anything. Won't make that mistake again.

Ghazi

Downloaded the patch. Searched for 7 minutes - Nothing. Searched again for another 5 minutes and got nothing

It's unbelievable how broken this game is. There must be something fundamentally wrong with the way it is built... Or 343i are just incompetent and have no idea what's wrong. Either way at this point it is just ridiculous.

I'll try again with the next patch I guess. Really screwed myself over by buying digital, so I can't trade it in or anything. Won't make that mistake again.

Certainly you can do a return, no?

Haruko

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Affected platforms:
Xbox One

Affected services:
Joining other Xbox Live members in online games

12/3/2014 8:09:27 PM CST:
We’re aware that some of you are having issues when attempting to join online play on Xbox Live. We’re doing what we can to get this figured out as soon as possible. Thanks for staying patient in the meantime! We’ll update you on our progress in 30 minutes.

This is what happens when you have like 7 different studios work on separate parts of a thing and try to smash like 6 or 7 different engines together

willow ve

Chat with MS reps. They can do one digital refund per calendar year.

Madness

Would truly be something if the 343 patch has broken XBL for everyone else. Too much of a coincidence that the patch comes and XBL has issues.

Omni

Certainly you can do a return, no?
You only get one refund with Xbox Live otherwise they flag your account or something. And that's not worth it

I have got enjoyment out of the collection (campaigns), and at this point I do feel like I've got my money's worth. So I'm not going to fight for a refund either way. This is just really disappointing

willow ve

c954186c0a965bed59c7b9def59fe221.png
Hahahahahahahahaha.

Ghazi

You only get one refund with Xbox Live otherwise they flag your account or something. And that's not worth it

I have got enjoyment out of the collection (campaigns), and at this point I do feel like I've got my money's worth. So I'm not going to fight for a refund either way. This is just really disappointing

Damn, that sucks. What a crappy policy.

heckfu

Banned
Next gen!*

*consoles are garbage. build a PC, play dota, profit.

But on the real, this is an incredibly embarrassing launch. I almost feel bad for the folks in charge but I realize that they pretty much stole my money. Oops!

anyone know how to fix my connection to play TitanFall? i've forwarded ports and my Nat is Open.

could this live outtage stop me from connecting to datacenters?

I was having decent luck all week before this patch, wtf?

Sign out, reset console, oh has it been 5 minutes of searching? Retry

Amazing how many tricks I've learned just to play one video game.

Edit: And as I wrote that it finally found one after a couple resets. omfg

Karl2177

You'd think MS would have a way to force a game restart when these required patches hit...

Last patch did this and there was backlash because it force quit the session they were in. Someone tweeted about losing 5 hours of Forge progress. I can see why they don't do it now.

Ramirez

Probably a fluke seeing as how their patch notes say uneven teams will be fixed in next week's patch. I don't even want to try to see if it's working now.

Well the good thing is that now, when it has 8 people, it makes the game. Prior to this patch it would wait for 10 or more.

Mix

was really happy to see fracas post a black keys song, then realized it's a bad thing.

On another note, watching the full hour of the Halo 5 gameplay by greenskull has been interesting. I don't get why you'd be that big of a try hard at an event like that, it's kinda bullshit, but whatever, it's interesting nonetheless.

Ramirez

was really happy to see fracas post a black keys song, then realized it's a bad thing.

On another note, watching the full hour of the Halo 5 gameplay by greenskull has been interesting. I don't get why you'd be that big of a try hard at an event like that, it's kinda bullshit, but whatever, it's interesting nonetheless.

Just because you play well at an event doesn't make you a try hard, wat?

Why would someone purposely hold back and not try to see what you could accomplish in any new game? I'd be sprinting all over the place just to see how quickly I could move.

Actually I noticed at least one time in that video where he does a ground pound to shoot himself towards the ground quicker than the normal fall speed. And I've used thruster to the same effect. When your getting shot being able to bail downwards to the bottom floor with the ground pound looks like a neat new type of movement.

seems like with each new patch, you really have to wait at least 6 to 12 hours before the network settles down. so i'll take all the initial freak out complaints with a grain of salt and check back tomorrow to see if things are working better. These patches keep coming out when i'm at work doing 12 hour shifts.

Mix

What I mean is there was so much time he could have spend trying out the new things specifically. I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite, I'd do the same thing if I went to something like that.

Karl2177

The game is working pretty good for me right now, everyone else give up?

Tried for 5 minutes in Team Slayer, 5 minutes in Halo 2, and 3 minutes in Halo 3 before I put the controller down for the night. I also had the background turn completely black and the background music stopped as I exited the Halo 3 search.

dwells

Amazing, latest patch barely does anything and introduces a black screen UI bug as well as hard crashes when pressing Y in matchmaking search process. The basic feature of having even teams, something taken for granted in very multiplayer video game ever, won't be addressed until at least next week (one month since release).

Really some "top men" they have working on this disaster of a game. Just give us all our damn refunds, recall the game, and try again next year with some competent programmers. Jesus.

Any of you Microsoft and 343 Industries folks browsing through here: Give me a refund for your broken product. Target won't do it, so step up to the plate and give me my money back like any reputable company in any other industry would.

What I mean is there was so much time he could have spend trying out the new things specifically. I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite, I'd do the same thing if I went to something like that.

Yeah I'd have to go balls to the wall if I was playing the game early on like that.

But I've managed to get in a few games of Rumble, haven't tried much else. Anyone wanna try to get a team of four up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom