• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't even play CoD without getting server issues. This whole gen has been awful so far. Fuck me.

Not to mention one thing I was experiencing when I was hardcore into CSGO months ago was that DDOSsing is a huge issue with dedicated servers. I don't know how many times the servers would all go down for a couple hours due to that.

Watch the MCC get fixed and then some sweetheart DDOS the servers.

Would be next gen for sure.

VinFTW

Just played against a one "heckfu"...

Tea bagged him several times... don't know why. Just felt like I should have.

Soooo...

Based on the situation in the last game I played, I'm guessing dedi's aren't up yet? Also, are we just going to face another round of issues when they do go up?

EDIT:

MASTERCHEEF!!! HALOR!! CROVENANTS! TREEFORT3 INDUSTRIES! YAY!

Soooo...

Based on the situation in the last game I played, I'm guessing dedi's aren't up yet? Also, are we just going to face another round of issues when they do go up?

Seems like I have only played maybe 2 matches with dedicated servers out of the games I have gotten into over the past few weeks. Halo 2 Classic seems to be the worst offender, even over CE.

Sorry,

Since editing my post, several flaws in my excitement have come to light. These issues were not present during pre-edit testing. I have top men working around a clock to fix this. The state of my post is inexcusable.

Sincerely,

Bregma/BUILD ERROR

Seems like I have only played maybe 2 matches with dedicated servers out of the games I have gotten into over the past few weeks. Halo 2 Classic seems to be the worst offender, even over CE.

Don't know if it's because of the Vista port but the BR and snipe in H2 are straight broken in MCC. 10 shots not dropping guys at mid range and clear as day scoped in snipe headshots not registering.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Sorry,

Since editing my post, several flaws in my excitement have come to light. These issues were not present during pre-edit testing. I have top men working around a clock to fix this. The state of my post is inexcusable.

Sincerely,

Bregma/BUILD ERROR

FO7Wwx4.jpg

daedalius

So if you are playing with a party, does it at least send you and your group back to the playlist selection screen after a match?

That is what the notes sounded like

I got my new Microsoft headset for the bone today, would love to try it out without everything being broken

Ramirez

Don't know if it's because of the Vista port but the BR and snipe in H2 are straight broken in MCC. 10 shots not dropping guys at mid range and clear as day scoped in snipe headshots not registering.

I get the sniper shit a lot, but my BR works most of the time, you can tell when you're not host though. H2A is actually where I get the worst lag. My grandes regularly come out 2 seconds after I throw them. I can pull left trigger, move 10 feet and turn and see my grenade appear where I was standing a moment ago, lol.

Yup. BR and Sniper are terribly frustrating to use right now if you aren't host. I played a Colossus multi flag and I couldn't register half my shots from my flag to the other flag (not that far away).

I played another match on Lockout in H2 Classic and people standing still were eating 2 headshots with my sniper and walking away.

NEXT GEN

Akai__

343i putting those puzzle pieces together.

I wonder if they'll ever update map versions after this whole patching is over?

RowdyReverb

I'll try MM again tomorrow. Maybe after everyone has updated and migrated to updated servers the update will actually have an effect. I haven't found a single player in 20 min. though so I'm giving up for the night

CliQ

OK New plan! I want to get 11 other people in my lobby and start searching in big team. That way we may actually get to play Halo tonight. If you are on my friends list join my lobby. It will be open. If not my GT is xCliQuEx add me then join me!

Madness

So this patch was supposed to have done something? 20 mins of searching on team slayer, btb etc. After it goes over 4-5 mins I back out and still nothing.

At this point I'm pretty much over it. 4 patches that supposedly have fixed it. Launch month was pure shit. I'm actually getting angry now. Like either fix it all at once, and release a patch, or quit giving us these weekly updates that do jackshit. And I'm not even in a party.

Deception

OK New plan! I want to get 11 other people in my lobby and start searching in big team. That way we may actually get to play Halo tonight. If you are on my friends list join my lobby. It will be open. If not my GT is xCliQuEx add me then join me!
Cliq I can hear I just can't find my mic right now.

So this patch was supposed to have done something? 20 mins of searching on team slayer, btb etc. After it goes over 4-5 mins I back out and still nothing.

At this point I'm pretty much over it. 4 patches that supposedly have fixed it. Launch month was pure shit. I'm actually getting angry now. Like either fix it all at once, and release a patch, or quit giving us these weekly updates that do jackshit. And I'm not even in a party.

I had extraordinary luck finding matches when most of you guys couldn't and this update actually killed that for me rip

Haruko

Xbox Live as a whole is having issues at the moment. Invites aren't popping for people, be they for games or party chat. Not sure if the MM woes right now are on 343 or Live itself

Edit: also, party app isn't showing friends in here with me, even though I can hear them. They manually joined thru Friends List, but Party app still says just "1 person" is here

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Start up MCC, prompted for patch. I download patch, fire up multiplayer. First try, Rumble Slayer....searching....searching....searching...searching....back out.

Try again....searching....searching....searching....back out.

Try Team Slayer....searching....searching....searching...back out.

At this time, my background goes completely black.

I try Team Slayer again....searching....searching....this is now ten minutes...I'm done.

WTF?

Do 343 test their own patches before they release them to MSFT? Seriously, go down to your local retail store, buy an Xbox One, install MCC, then try your own patch...ugh....

I swear, this is ungodly frustrating.

While I'm sure they do test their own patches, I wonder if they're only testing them on dev kits? There's something happening with our own Xbox Ones after downloading this patch, because there's no way that MSFT would have allowed this patch to pass if it didn't work, but then again, doesn't MSFT only test it for their own network's reliability, in otherwords, makes sure it doesn't crash XBL? So, if it doesn't, it gets the ok to go?

:(

Madness

Well it's easy to get into a Titanfall game. It just needs to out all 12 of you in 1 lobby.

HEYOOOOOO

True. But wouldn't you rather have all 12 of you find a game instantly rather than spend 1 month SEARCHING... SEARCHING...

Edit: population seems a bit low even with the recent deal, but still you find games quick. What more can you ask for these days. Right now about 4400 or so on attrition.

Sephzilla

True. But wouldn't you rather have all 12 of you find a game instantly rather than spend 1 month SEARCHING... SEARCHING...

Edit: population seems a bit low even with the recent deal, but still you find games quick. What more can you ask for these days. Right now about 4400 or so on attrition.
Yeah, I was just joking.

Is that 10 dollar deal still going?

Ghazi

I remember the population being about 2.5k before the deal, that's a nice increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom